Author Topic: Matt C's review of the Higher Power stack by BB.com!  (Read 108683 times)

The Master

• Getbig V
Re: Matt C's review of the Higher Power stack by BB.com!
« Reply #250 on: May 24, 2008, 10:22:49 AM »
i don't need a scientific paper to tell me the dangers of being around coloreds, mentally and physically.   i just have to drive 20 minutes south.

;D

Paul Allen

« Reply #251 on: May 24, 2008, 10:24:09 AM »

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #252 on: May 24, 2008, 10:27:27 AM »
Well...to be fair, read the title:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=501NGB1tM-A

I never said my form was great.  It is (in general) good, but not intended to be instructional.

You need to stop jerking the weight. Pull the slack out of the bar and explosively squeeze the bar off the ground. Seriously, you'll pull more this way.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #253 on: May 24, 2008, 10:28:39 AM »
You need to stop jerking the weight. Pull the slack out of the bar and explosively squeeze the bar off the ground. Seriously, you'll pull more this way.

that's least of the things that are wrong with his deadlift form

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #254 on: May 24, 2008, 10:28:43 AM »
ha ha, "they" are the worst.

Well, who cares? In less than 100 years, genetic engineering will become so advanced that humans can tailor babies with higher intelligence, better looks and so on. Then, a couple of things can happen:

1: This technology will only be utilized by those with means, creating a genetically superior part of humanity, leaving those "genetically less fortunate" even further down the gutter.

2: This technology becomes available for most people, ending the self destruction of the "less fortunate" ones

(Of course, all this stuff will not happen if humanity destroys itself during the next 100 years)

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #255 on: May 24, 2008, 10:32:45 AM »
These videos are some of the gayest I have ever seen.  The deadlifting form is painful just to watch.

What's the point of demonstrating how to use these machines in a video?  The only way you can fuck it up is if you sit on it backwards, or if you lock out on the top of the press (which you do anyway).

TroubleReady39

• Getbig II
« Reply #256 on: May 24, 2008, 10:35:03 AM »
what i want to know...

who in the world did you get to follow you around the gym with a camcorder?

I mean, you're slow-mo posing in your undies in the bathroom, at a mean old bodyweight of 170.  What male friend had the courage to film this?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #257 on: May 24, 2008, 10:39:26 AM »
By the way, I never bring up these issues anymore.  They are also brought up, ala strawmen and lies, and I simply respond (sometimes, but even then I won't go into detail these days).

Give me the scientific studies and I will read ALL of them.  RIGHT NOW.  Put your money where your mouths are, all of you.  RIGHT NOW.

dr.chimps - you assume I am trying to come to a predetermined conclusion.  I'm not.  Also, I never said that science would prove a particular RACE will have a "dumb" gene or a "smart" gene, I said that in time, we will be able to identify the specific genes for intelligence, period.  Yes, that is an extrapolation, but not unreasonable given the totality of scientific evidence.

East Asians have more brain mass than white people and have an mean IQ of five points higher.  How is it racist to then acknowledge that it seems to be genetic?  Also, why should scientists ignore these findings?  Because they aren't politically correct?  In that case, I suppose Darwin should have never come out with his theory of evolution?  :)
RIGHT NOW!?  What are you ten? Are you going to take your toys and go home. Look, all this race/intelligence was really ignited by the polemical book The Bell Curve (Weren't the two guys nailed for getting their funding from some eugenics institute.? I could be wrong). Since then, many others have come forward to refute these findings. I can google tit for tat studies with you on this. It won't give you any satisfaction as you have the blind devotion of the religious. Look, intelligence is very closely aligned with consciousness and that region is very nebulous at best and, probably, in many ways unknowable. You want to make black and white distinctions (sorry: not a pun) between races as to intelligence, well Craig Venter, the Human Genome guy [an attention whore not unlike yourself  ;) ], is on record as saying their is no link. Now, scientists are not infallible, and we should keep this in mind, but I'm going to go with his opinion over yours. You're always crowing about your intelligence and Mensa....you know what real studies say about that? It just means you are good at memorization and study and taking standardized tests - maybe a 'good' measure of intelligence but certainly a very indirect one. You want to know who I think are the most intelligent people, and I've met more than a few meteors like Stephen Jay Gould, Ed Said? Writers. That's right, particularly people who write novels...and they come in all sorts of sizes and colours.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: May 24, 2008, 10:41:30 AM »
RIGHT NOW!?  What are you ten? Are you going to take your toys and go home. Look, all this race/intelligence was really ignited by the polemical book The Bell Curve (Weren't the two guys nailed for getting their funding from some eugenics institute.? I could be wrong). Since then, many others have come forward to refute these findings. I can google tit for tat studies with you on this. It won't give you any satisfaction as you have the blind devotion of the religious. Look, intelligence is very closely aligned with consciousness and that region is very nebulous at best and, probably, in many ways unknowable. You want to make black and white distinctions (sorry: not a pun) between races as to intelligence, well Craig Venter, the Human Genome guy [an attention whore not unlike yourself  ;) ], is on record as saying their is no link. Now, scientists are not infallible, and we should keep this in mind, but I'm going to go with his opinion over yours. You're always crowing about your intelligence and Mensa....you know what real studies say about that? It just means you are good at memorization and study and taking standardized tests - maybe a 'good' measure of intelligence but certainly a very indirect one. You want to know who I think are the most intelligent people, and I've met more than a few meteors like Stephen Jay Gould, Ed Said? Writers. That's right, particularly people who write novels...and they come in all sorts of sizes and colours.

Your post will not be read if you do not have an IQ of 130 or beyond.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #259 on: May 24, 2008, 10:46:07 AM »

My YouTube account is just a video log.  Not intended to be instructional in nature.

At the very beginning of every video it states "Exercise Demo"

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #260 on: May 24, 2008, 10:54:18 AM »
that's least of the things that are wrong with his deadlift form

Sure, however the jerk leads to form breakdown because he isn't tight when he starts the lift. Take big lungful of air, keep it in, and squeeze the weight off = back more likely to stay straight.

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #261 on: May 24, 2008, 10:54:59 AM »
If you study people who have genius IQ's (or those who fight so hard for the Mensa list reaffirmation of themselves ala Matt C) you will find that while a great many of them are book smart and can "regurgitate" info that they have read......due to having an enhanced memory with statistics and factoids........a rather large number of the aforementioned people are socially inept, unable to relate in social situations. A great number of them are for lack of a better word "retarded" at deductive reasoning (or common sense). I am pretty sure thats the case here after reading thru some of Matt C's posts. He has confused the enhanced ability to remember something he has read with the actual ability of "constructive reasoning". Matt if you read War and Peace and remember whole chapters of it word for word, that doesnt mean you have the creative ability and thought process of Leo Tolstoy.....that means you have a pretty darn good memory.  Its nauseating reading some of your opinions and belief that they are warranted just because you have a greater than normal ability to "regurgitate" others work.... and that you deem yourself an elitist intelligence-wise because of it.

BlueDevil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #262 on: May 24, 2008, 10:56:58 AM »
If you study people who have genius IQ's (or those who fight so hard for the Mensa list reaffirmation of themselves ala Matt C) you will find that while a great many of them are book smart and can "regurgitate" info that they have read......due to having an enhanced memory with statistics and factoids........a rather large number of the aforementioned people are socially inept, unable to relate in social situations. A great number of them are for lack of a better word "retarded" at deductive reasoning (or common sense). I am pretty sure thats the case here after reading thru some of Matt C's posts. He has confused the enhanced ability to remember something he has read with the actual ability of "constructive reasoning". Matt if you read War and Peace and remember whole chapters of it word for word, that doesnt mean you have the creative ability and thought process of Leo Tolstoy.....that means you have a pretty darn good memory.  Its nauseating reading some of your opinions and belief's that they are warranted just because you have a greater than normal ability to "regurgitate" others work.... and that you deem yourself an elitist intelligence-wise because of it.

crappy meltdown  :D

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #263 on: May 24, 2008, 10:58:19 AM »
even crappier comeback.....its only been said 47 thousand times before you and got beyond old 46 thousand times ago

BlueDevil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #264 on: May 24, 2008, 11:04:27 AM »
even crappier comeback.....its only been said 47 thousand times before you and got beyond old 46 thousand times ago

let me rephrase squire

your analysis lacks solid scientific evidence but do not despair

if there would be a trophy for randomly putting as much nonsense as possible in writing you'd be awarded with it

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: May 24, 2008, 11:05:14 AM »
If you study people who have genius IQ's (or those who fight so hard for the Mensa list reaffirmation of themselves ala Matt C) you will find that while a great many of them are book smart and can "regurgitate" info that they have read......due to having an enhanced memory with statistics and factoids........a rather large number of the aforementioned people are socially inept, unable to relate in social situations. A great number of them are for lack of a better word "retarded" at deductive reasoning (or common sense). I am pretty sure thats the case here after reading thru some of Matt C's posts. He has confused the enhanced ability to remember something he has read with the actual ability of "constructive reasoning". Matt if you read War and Peace and remember whole chapters of it word for word, that doesnt mean you have the creative ability and thought process of Leo Tolstoy.....that means you have a pretty darn good memory.  Its nauseating reading some of your opinions and belief that they are warranted just because you have a greater than normal ability to "regurgitate" others work.... and that you deem yourself an elitist intelligence-wise because of it.

The core of MattC's opinions ARE based on scientific findings and unless solid counterevidence = posted, whether you get nausea or not from reading certain non PC statements is simply a worthless argument.

Debussey does think that MattCock takes his opinions a bit far at times, but the core belief that there = a pretty big probability for genetic differences between races that leads to average differences in intelligence = a fair belief, given the findings that exists. If that core message makes you nauseous, then so be it. If you really want to debate him on that particular belief, then find some solid science to refute his claims.

And your statements about IQ = off. A high IQ will normally mean that the person does not only have a better than average memory, but also a better ability to make sound statements based upon information presented to him/her, although they might be very controversial since most high IQ people values logical conclusions more than "fitting" their statements into the contemporary value systems of a given society. This often makes it looks like they are "socially inept", but in fact, they are simply being honest. And truth eventually always wins, while the value systems and norms of society changes according to the truth, but only after trying their best to fuck up the message and the messenger.

Does this mean that the honest high IQ person has "inferior" social skills, or does it mean that he has superior social skills if seen in a bigger context than having smooth interactions with the people he = in contact with? That is up to the person, but given that the existing social system he = in contact with is "dishonest" compared to superior logical conclusions, bowing to the inferior conclusions of the social system instead of having integrity and being honest when needed (this does not mean to tell everybody about your shit all the time, but in certain situations, it = needed) might actually be a good asset in your bag of social skills.

Making the interactions "flow" in a social setting is another thing, and it = dependant on your real time ability to calibrate your own behaviour both orally and via your body language to have the best possible impact when delivering your message, and it = very hard to assess MattCocks abilities in these areas based on the way he writes here. In real life, he probably delivers the message pretty well. He's been in the army, he has spent years in school, and he's been working in a club for years, so he's probably a pretty cool guy in real life.

On_Swole

• Expert
  • Getbig III
« Reply #266 on: May 24, 2008, 11:24:21 AM »

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: May 24, 2008, 11:27:39 AM »

Great book, but only relevant to those stupid enough to post here under their real names ;D

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #268 on: May 24, 2008, 11:37:45 AM »
a rather large number of the aforementioned people are socially inept, unable to relate in social situations.

"Small minds discuss people; Average minds discuss events; Great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt

Explains why the great ignorant unwashed are far more interested in who is winning American Idol or what Britney is doing than in truly understanding the world around them.  "Social situations" are highly overrated in their relative importance.
Ron: "I am lazy."

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #269 on: May 24, 2008, 11:38:57 AM »

"Small minds discuss people; Average minds discuss events; Great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt

Explains why the great ignorant unwashed are far more interested in who is winning American Idol or what Britney is doing than in truly understanding the world around them.  "Social situations" are highly overrated in their relative importance.

B I N G O!

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #270 on: May 24, 2008, 11:39:25 AM »
EPIC thread!!!

Matt you have owned yourself harder than anyone ever could with these videos.
There goes your genius claims, anyone with 5IQ points wouldn't have post such shameful videos.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #271 on: May 24, 2008, 11:40:13 AM »
Wow, I'm bummed I missed last night's Matt C group owning.  :(

Worldwide Jewish conspiracy:      10
Matt C:      0

;D ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: May 24, 2008, 11:41:10 AM »
EPIC thread!!!

Matt you have owned yourself harder than anyone ever could with these videos.
There goes your genius claims, anyone with 5IQ points wouldn't have post such shameful videos.

If we ignore his reckless style of lifting, you gotta admit that he = a lot stronger than the average getbigger.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #273 on: May 24, 2008, 11:41:35 AM »
Matt take your idol Ryan Deluca for example.  Do you think that you would EVER find him on a public message board insisting that minorities are inferior?  Knowledge of the higher spiritual law supercedes all human logic in it's ability for it's practice to increase ones' quality of life and I am very certain that, given his huge business success he abides first and foremost by this higher set of rules.

And despite your brutal analytical skills and ability to process huge amounts of information you are blind to their utility making you worse than dumb.  Learn to see the forest as well as the trees.  Examine more gross patterns of behavior such as the one above. 

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #274 on: May 24, 2008, 11:42:58 AM »
If we ignore his reckless style of lifting, you gotta admit that he = a lot stronger than the average getbigger.

Probably stronger than Arvilla.  ;D