Author Topic: Matt C's review of the Higher Power stack by BB.com!  (Read 107732 times)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: Matt C's review of the Higher Power stack by BB.com!
« Reply #350 on: May 24, 2008, 01:00:14 PM »
maybe you are all some low-IQ fuckers but 130 is nothing to start jacking off about.

Well, 130 is two standard deviations above the mean, meaning that 97.725% of the population has an IQ under this level.  Of course, that doesn't mean that Matt actually has an IQ of 130, nor does it mean that if he does he also possesses discipline or judgement.
Ron: "I am lazy."

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #351 on: May 24, 2008, 01:01:05 PM »
It is a koan that perhaps only Debussey could possible truly understand.    :D

Gary Busey has already understood it. That is why he = god. The holy master of penis.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #352 on: May 24, 2008, 01:01:33 PM »

No self-respecting Jewbie would shop at Wal Mart!  ;D
Nor would they buy anything cheap! Inexpensive, yes.  :D

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #353 on: May 24, 2008, 01:03:29 PM »
Matt, you are going further offbase and making less sense.

My points have all been in business, and saying it - not thinking it.

It is near ludicrous to suggest that publically preaching hate, inferiority and antisemitism is the majority in business. Let's see Microsoft come out with the next Windows with a tagline line "Invented by Asians as they are more intelligent". Let's see Nike bring out the next shoes saying "Shoes to help white guys run quicker as they are genetically inferior athletes". Walmart run an advert "Cheap prices for Jews as they are cheap!"

All big business is PC. If they want the largest market share available, it is the wisest decision.

You are the face of your business here, you use this board as a marketing tool. My main point was it would be advisable not to alientate people in order to achieve maximum revenue. That is Business 101.

Yes, I wasn't clear about it, but what you are saying here is pretty well how I interpreted your posts.  It is bad for business to be controversial.  But I disagree with you about publicly preaching hate.  As I said, I can post a link to a scientific study showing the MRI scans of Asian brains compared to white brains and it would be "publicly preaching hate."  Saying "Posting scientific facts which may be DEEMED by some as publicly preaching hate" would be another thing.  Just because the dim posters on here deem it as such doesn't make it so, but since they may make up a brunt of supplement consumers, appeasing them may be wise.  Having said that, there are always a number of things to balance.  I like my public persona on here and don't plan to change it, although I won't be bringing up political issues on here anymore.  Let's see if others will stop bringing them up in my threads now.

Science is what it is - science.  No agenda, no hate, just science.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #354 on: May 24, 2008, 01:03:37 PM »
Can you say strawman?????????????  ::)

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #355 on: May 24, 2008, 01:04:33 PM »

You have written about being tempted to use steroids many times ;D

ops.

Yes I consider it, but at the end of the day would rather not potentially screw up my endocrine system.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #356 on: May 24, 2008, 01:06:46 PM »
hahahahaha...Matt comparing himself to Darwin.  That's simply precious.

That's not what I meant.  Allow me to expand on that:

Scientific research is morally neutral. It is the best system we have to determine truth and can never be immoral in and of itself. But it often takes time for the public to accept scientific consensus and during that transitional period there may be tensions, especially if the scientific data counters strong personal beliefs. The initial reaction to Darwin's observation of evolution was negative as the adaptation of species is not something readily observable, and the idea that humans and apes have a common ancestor is malediction to those who see human beings as special or the creations of a god.  But we must always aspire to seek truth even while it may be controversial.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #357 on: May 24, 2008, 01:12:10 PM »

Well, 130 is two standard deviations above the mean, meaning that 97.725% of the population has an IQ under this level.  Of course, that doesn't mean that Matt actually has an IQ of 130, nor does it mean that if he does he also possesses discipline or judgement.

True on the last part.  There is more to intelligence than IQ, although in general, I consider it to be a very good indicator/predictor of many things.

I don't imagine there is any way I could prove to anyone my IQ is what it is, even if I wrote a test which they invigilated.

Maybe that is why TA never posted his deadlift clip?  Even if he had posted it, I doubt people would believe him.  ;D
Bodybuilding Pro.com

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #358 on: May 24, 2008, 01:13:39 PM »
True on the last part.  There is more to intelligence than IQ, although in general, I consider it to be a very good indicator/predictor of many things.

I don't imagine there is any way I could prove to anyone my IQ is what it is, even if I wrote a test which they invigilated.

Maybe that is why TA never posted his deadlift clip?  Even if he had posted it, I doubt people would believe him.  ;D

Take this test and post a screencap of your result:

http://www.iqtest.dk/main.swf

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #359 on: May 24, 2008, 01:15:27 PM »
Take this test and post a screencap of your result:

http://www.iqtest.dk/main.swf

I can do that, but people will still claim I altered the photo or got someone else to write it for me.  I could do a video of me writing the test and people would still call BS on the result.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #360 on: May 24, 2008, 01:16:55 PM »
I can do that, but people will still claim I altered the photo or got someone else to write it for me.  I could do a video of me writing the test and people would still call BS on the result.

A screencap will suffice. But if you truly wanna do a whole video, then go for it ;D

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #361 on: May 24, 2008, 01:17:40 PM »
Yes, I wasn't clear about it, but what you are saying here is pretty well how I interpreted your posts.  It is bad for business to be controversial.  But I disagree with you about publicly preaching hate.  As I said, I can post a link to a scientific study showing the MRI scans of Asian brains compared to white brains and it would be "publicly preaching hate."  Saying "Posting scientific facts which may be DEEMED by some as publicly preaching hate" would be another thing.  Just because the dim posters on here deem it as such doesn't make it so, but since they may make up a brunt of supplement consumers, appeasing them may be wise.  Having said that, there are always a number of things to balance.  I like my public persona on here and don't plan to change it, although I won't be bringing up political issues on here any more.  Let's see if others will stop bringing them up in my threads now.

Science is what it is - science.  No agenda, no hate, just science.

Matt - you said you main aim is to make money - you said that. You claim to be a genius.

Let me veer from my normal diplomatic self for a minute....

I would think a genius with a very high IQ, whose main aim is making money -  would do something more than peddle bodybuilding DVD's and supps online.

No offense intended, but I really wonder about that. Any reason why you did not choose a more lucrative path considering your intelligence level and aim to make money? Just love for the niche?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #362 on: May 24, 2008, 01:19:57 PM »
That's not what I meant.  Allow me to expand on that:

Scientific research is morally neutral. It is the best system we have to determine truth and can never be immoral in and of itself. But it often takes time for the public to accept scientific consensus and during that transitional period there may be tensions, especially if the scientific data counters strong personal beliefs. The initial reaction to Darwin's observation of evolution was negative as the adaptation of species is not something readily observable, and the idea that humans and apes have a common ancestor is malediction to those who see human beings as special or the creations of a god.  But we must always aspire to seek truth even while it may be controversial.
Should try to be morally neutral. Humans are involved, after all.

Yes, there can be tensions, but say that Darwin faced great opposition is a popular misconception. Keep in mind that the Victorian Age was really one of discovery (Lyell, Wallace, Cavendish, etc.) and to be scientifically interested in the world around you was seen as something that every Victorian gentleman should strive to do. So houses had microscopes, and trips to the seashore to see the fossils in shale were actively encouraged.

As for Darwin, he was 'pushed' in publishing his book because he feared he'd get trumped by Wallace. A religious man, I think his last book (I think) was considerably less controversial -earthworms.   ;)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #363 on: May 24, 2008, 01:30:51 PM »

Morality is a human construct, not a phenomena with independent existence.  If you accept than humans have no special place in the cosmos and are merely more advanced animals (they are), morality becomes less important conceptually.  From the point of view of individual humans or individual human societies it takes on importance in predicting the success of that individual or society, but in the abstract it really isn't an issue.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #364 on: May 24, 2008, 01:34:17 PM »
I would think a genius with a very high IQ, whose main aim is making money -  would do something more than peddle bodybuilding DVD's and supps online.

No offense intended, but I really wonder about that. Any reason why you did not choose a more lucrative path considering your intelligence level and aim to make money? Just love for the niche?

Matt's willingness to bluntly post unpopular ideas here under his own name shows a lack of insight given his desire to make money from that same audience (which in and of itself shows a lack of insight - I can think of about 10,000 more effective places to make money than in the "bodybuilding industry").

;D

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #365 on: May 24, 2008, 02:30:14 PM »
A screencap will suffice. But if you truly wanna do a whole video, then go for it ;D

Nice test!  Did you notice the answers in question 29?  LOL.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #366 on: May 24, 2008, 02:34:22 PM »
Matt - you said you main aim is to make money - you said that. You claim to be a genius.

Let me veer from my normal diplomatic self for a minute....

The term "genius" applies to some relatively low IQs...relative compared to what we consider "genius" at least.  Some say it is 160, others say it is in the 130s.  With the later definition, a "genius" is not uncommon - about 1 in 50.

Yes, it is love for the niche actually.  That and I have been trying to gather as much university education as possible, so if the day ever comes where the website fails me, I will have options wide open.  Also, the website is only a fraction of what I do.  I design websites also (much like our friend 240  ;D).
Bodybuilding Pro.com

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #367 on: May 24, 2008, 02:36:17 PM »
Nice test!  Did you notice the answers in question 29?  LOL.

What IQ score did you get?  :D

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #368 on: May 24, 2008, 02:37:16 PM »

Yes, there can be tensions, but say that Darwin faced great opposition is a popular misconception. Keep in mind that the Victorian Age was really one of discovery (Lyell, Wallace, Cavendish, etc.) and to be scientifically interested in the world around you was seen as something that every Victorian gentleman should strive to do. So houses had microscopes, and trips to the seashore to see the fossils in shale were actively encouraged.

As for Darwin, he was 'pushed' in publishing his book because he feared he'd get trumped by Wallace. A religious man, I think his last book (I think) was considerably less controversial -earthworms.   ;)

True.

Do you remember this sticker from?  To me, this summarizes the importance of NEVER caving to political agendas.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #369 on: May 24, 2008, 02:39:05 PM »
matt is just a scrawny weight lifter who happen to know how to use some html and who's angry at everyonebecause of his shortcomings, hence his delusions of grandeur.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #370 on: May 24, 2008, 02:41:25 PM »
matt is just a scrawny weight lifter who happen to know how to use some html and who's angry at everyonebecause of his shortcomings, hence his delusions of grandeur.

True, but false on the last bit about me being angry.  ;D

What IQ score did you get?  :D

I expected higher than this score.  Considering the test was entirely spatial ability which I excel at, I'm a little surprised.  Usually that brings my score up.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #371 on: May 24, 2008, 02:42:41 PM »
By the way - did anyone catch the the top left tab of that screencap in my firefox browser?  ;D
Bodybuilding Pro.com

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #372 on: May 24, 2008, 02:46:05 PM »
OK, Matt here is a good example for you in regards to intelligence. You might appreciate it; it's trite but practical. Look to the above where you wrote 'a myriad.' Myriad basically means 'many' it needs no other enhancement such as 'a.' It's a simple vocab pointer, but as you are so fond of telling others, it is an indication of one's intelligence and thought processes. It could not be a simple oversight on your part.  ;)

Like I stated before, Matt always tries to touch up his posts to make him sounds smart.
He fail to understand that stupid ideas will stay stupid no matter what words are used to describe them.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #373 on: May 24, 2008, 02:49:25 PM »
How about a disclaimer on your website then
*note..this is not an unbiased review,i am recieving compensation from www.bodybuilding.com,they give me "free product" i then "hype" it favorably on this website and others ,and then attempt to sell it to you the general public so i can also collect a commission fee.....

Then go to every website which sells supplements and has content and ask them to do the same.  If they do, I will put that up word for word.

My suggestion is something along these lines:

Quote from: DISCLAIMER
BodybuildingPro.com reviewers receive all reviewed supplements for free from Bodybuilding.com and other suppliers.  BodybuildingPro.com is also affiliated with the sale of all supplements being reviewed and is compensated on a commission basis per sale as you can see through the purchase links on each page.  While each review is written to be as fair and balanced as possible, BodybuildingPro.com always encourages each consumer to learn as much as possible about each supplement and read as many other user reviews as possible before making any purchase (if at all).

Will told me specifically when I write these reviews that he just wants honesty, and that means saying that the supplements suck if I feel that way.  Fact is, even if I said that every supplement I tried sucked, Arvilla would come back and say that I am still biased.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #374 on: May 24, 2008, 02:51:42 PM »
True, but false on the last bit about me being angry.  ;D

I expected higher than this score.  Considering the test was entirely spatial ability which I excel at, I'm a little surprised.  Usually that brings my score up.

Good work dear MattCock!  :D