Author Topic: Matt C's review of the Higher Power stack by BB.com!  (Read 108883 times)

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
Re: Matt C's review of the Higher Power stack by BB.com!
« Reply #550 on: May 29, 2008, 08:34:58 PM »
hey Matt, why the fuck is woten posting for you again?

are u ficking kidding me?

Matt's IQ is so high he cant be bothered posting alone  ::).

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #551 on: May 29, 2008, 10:11:51 PM »
LOL. I see Matt now holding up James Watson to cite. Watson has been shitcanned by/from his own institute for the asinine things he has said regarding race and intelligence, not to mention eugenics. He also provided a sample of his own genes to be sequenced and was said to be none to happy when the results showed that he had some 'guy in the woodpile.' Doesn't sound much like an intelligent man, let alone someone to be cited with unadorned esteem.   ::) 

Cool stuff.  I happen to consider Watson to be a foremost expert, but I would be happy to read any of the things you speak of if you would simply cite them for me.

I am always up to reading more on the topic from valid sources, so if you have any, post away.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #552 on: May 30, 2008, 04:28:40 AM »
Cool stuff.  I happen to consider Watson to be a foremost expert, but I would be happy to read any of the things you speak of if you would simply cite them for me.

I am always up to reading more on the topic from valid sources, so if you have any, post away.
Oh brother. Are you too lazy to google 'James Watson fired?' Or, are you just being pedantic - God knows, most people will not click on given citations.

James Watson fired: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/25/science/25cnd-watson.html 

As for gene sequencing results, the closest I can get you is the wiki entry, although I remember reading about it in The Economist, for which I don't have an on-line subscription : "On December 9, 2007, a Sunday Times article[60] reported a claim by deCODE Genetics that 16% of Watson's DNA is of African origin and 9% is of Asian origin. deCODE's methods were not reported and details of the analysis were not published. According to deCODE's Kari Stefansson, the analysis relied on an error-ridden version of Watson's full genome sequence, and Stefansson "doubts [. . .] whether the 16 percent figure will hold up"[61]" That test cost over $2 millions clams!!!!

Next time, use google: it'll save us both time and trouble you lazy bastard.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #553 on: May 30, 2008, 05:34:27 AM »
Oh brother. Are you too lazy to google 'James Watson fired?' Or, are you just being pedantic - God knows, most people will not click on given citations.

As for gene sequencing results, the closest I can get you is the wiki entry, although I remember reading about in The Economist, for which I don't have an on-line subscription : "On December 9, 2007, a Sunday Times article[60] reported a claim by deCODE Genetics that 16% of Watson's DNA is of African origin and 9% is of Asian origin. deCODE's methods were not reported and details of the analysis were not published. According to deCODE's Kari Stefansson, the analysis relied on an error-ridden version of Watson's full genome sequence, and Stefansson "doubts [. . .] whether the 16 percent figure will hold up"[61]" That test cost over $2 millions clams!!!!

Incoming pathetic attemmpt from Matt to avoid this and change subject in 1...2....." X made me gain 40lbs but I still weigh 130 soaking wet with my coat on"  ::).

chester_bbb

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • #1 Shawn Ray fan!
« Reply #554 on: May 30, 2008, 11:25:25 AM »
Interestingly, I am not.  To understand why that would be to understand just how closely my mind operates free from emotion.  I constantly try to partition my emotion from logical decision making and to be quite frank, I am pretty consistent at it.

I speak accurately of southern Italians and Britons - for better or for worse.  I can objectively state that I see good things in both cultures but neither are devoid of fault and I acknowledge them honestly also.

mATTc I'll give you $20 for a picture of your sister naked.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #555 on: May 30, 2008, 11:27:22 AM »

As for gene sequencing results, the closest I can get you is the wiki entry, although I remember reading about it in The Economist, for which I don't have an on-line subscription : "On December 9, 2007, a Sunday Times article[60] reported a claim by deCODE Genetics that 16% of Watson's DNA is of African origin and 9% is of Asian origin. deCODE's methods were not reported and details of the analysis were not published. According to deCODE's Kari Stefansson, the analysis relied on an error-ridden version of Watson's full genome sequence, and Stefansson "doubts [. . .] whether the 16 percent figure will hold up"[61]" That test cost over $2 millions clams!!!!

That actually proves my point.  The minute that they couldn't actually refute Watson with science and evidence, they fired him.  That was politically motivated.

Thank you for the wiki info.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #556 on: May 30, 2008, 12:07:47 PM »
this thread is a known cure for insomnia!!

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #557 on: May 31, 2008, 07:57:30 AM »
That actually proves my point.  The minute that they couldn't actually refute Watson with science and evidence, they fired him.  That was politically motivated.

A lot of researchers has had "political problems" due to doing research on race and intelligence or other sensitive areas in the "difference between races". Many of these researchers has been forced to stop their research because of this (often to avoid losing funding and/or getting their careers fucked up due to political shit). That James Watson was fired for those statements are not evidence that his statements were wrong. If people REALLY want to disprove this race/intelligence thing, get some valid research that proves it wrong. So far, nobody has really been able to. That he was fired is just a strong indicator of how unscientific and politically correct all those idiots that tries to wash the race/intelligence data under teh carpet really are.

Nevertheless, the truth is coming out slowly, nobody can stop it. Its just that changes in society often follows "unpopular" scientific discovery after the discover has been made, and after an initial period of "resistence".

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #558 on: May 31, 2008, 09:27:09 AM »

Nice spin. We'll gloss over his promotion of eugenics and his ethically and morally repugnant POVs. However, I don't think you can discount politics; I think that was part of it. When you have an institute, which is dependent on public/private funding, it is prudent not to have a loose cannon with paternalistic and 'wacky' ideas helming it. Science, as you like to say should be 'objective' (or as much as it can be), Watson was intent on making it quite subjective.

/you should look up his latest (i think) book. it has to do with avoiding 'boring' people - i shit you not. perhaps some pointers lie in yonder direction.  ;)   

//also, fyi: the economist, issue may 10th-16th has an article on race/intelligence (with a particular focus on the usa) which does not support your biological determinist thesis.  ;)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #559 on: May 31, 2008, 09:30:08 AM »

A lot of researchers has had "political problems" due to doing research on race and intelligence or other sensitive areas in the "difference between races". Many of these researchers has been forced to stop their research because of this (often to avoid losing funding and/or getting their careers fucked up due to political shit). That James Watson was fired for those statements are not evidence that his statements were wrong. If people REALLY want to disprove this race/intelligence thing, get some valid research that proves it wrong. So far, nobody has really been able to. That he was fired is just a strong indicator of how unscientific and politically correct all those idiots that tries to wash the race/intelligence data under teh carpet really are.

Nevertheless, the truth is coming out slowly, nobody can stop it. Its just that changes in society often follows "unpopular" scientific discovery after the discover has been made, and after an initial period of "resistence".
Yeah. Yeah. You've been parroting this noble science thing for a while now. However, you let me know when Rushton et al. stop receiving their funding from creepy eugenics orgs. like The Pioneer Institute and start getting transparent funding, then we'll talk.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #560 on: May 31, 2008, 09:51:01 AM »
Yeah. Yeah. You've been parroting this noble science thing for a while now. However, you let me know when Rushton et al. stop receiving their funding from creepy eugenics orgs. like The Pioneer Institute and start getting transparent funding, then we'll talk.

We will also talk when you find some hard science showing this race/intelligence stuff to be wrong. ;)

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #561 on: June 01, 2008, 12:37:22 PM »

Fine, if you want to resort to rude discourse, I will embarrass you in the same manner I did that imbecile Horton and Special Ed.  If you treat me like an idiot, expect me to do the same to you.

Onwards...

Did you actually read the above before you posted it?

It's nice to see you using race-based genetic science as evidence to support your bullshit claim that race doesn't exist at the biological level, see what you've done there?  Moron.

"We are all the same, but there exists 'African genes' and 'Asian genes' " - really, I couldn't make this up, you thick scumbag.

Are you aware (I doubt it) that the interpreting of the data surrounding Watson's genome analysis has been loaded with errors to the point that ensemble (funded by the Welcome trust) have stated a lack of confidence in the data and urged people not to use it?

The only conceivable reason for deCODE releasing their crap information was that they simply got carried away during a moment wherein they thought they could score points by bringing down the world's foremost biologist; manifest hubris of the finest form no less.

But let's crack on with your other points, so expertly constructed [by you] utilizing your rather deft logic.

If Watson's genetic make up did in fact comprise "16% African genes" it would show up in his very recent family history, to wit:

/you should look up his latest (i think) book. it has to do with avoiding 'boring' people - i shit you not. perhaps some pointers lie in yonder direction.  ;)   

I think it is you, dimwit, that should have perhaps taken your own prescription and "look up" the said tome.

If you had done so, you would have noted that Watson - having been born to a high end European family who had great passion for celebrating their ancestry via photographs and tradition such as the handing down of names - included in the book many pictures of/and information about his family; this material taken from "Avoid Boring People" sits together with other well known information about Watson's family background.

If one takes the time to observe that first - on Watson's maternal side - his family are documented as white; that they are descended from Scottish/Irish with no non-whites to be seen; one has to then concede that for the claims of "16% African genes" to stand, Watson must have on his paternal side a father that is at least 50% non-white and a grandparent of whom is 100% non-white; if no such non-white relative can be found, it stands that you are wrong, that your claims - as is your head - are hollow.

As stated, we can look to Watson's already mentioned book "Avoid Boring People" and other avenues for the evidence (indeed, you really should have done so before fucking with me and thus leaving me no choice but to reveal you for the thick headed person you are.

In the Watson book, there is a photograph of Watson attending the 1967 wedding of his cousin Alice; stood alongside Watson are his father and grandfather - along with Watson's sister - and they are all observably 100% white.

The anti-black socio-political climate of the time is also damning to your claims.

The Watsons were a very successful family in a profoundly anti-black America; Watson's paternal uncle (William Weldon Watson IV) was none other than the head of Yale physics department in 1940; If someone was one third black and head of a Yale department that would have been BIG news.

Watson's father was employed at the Harris Trust Company in Chicago before WWI.  Watson's paternal grandfather was a stockbroker and his paternal grandmother an heiress.

Watson's paternal great-grandfather was a hotel-keeper in ritzy Lake Geneva, WI and married a banker's daughter.

His paternal great-great-grandfather was a friend and prominent supporter of Abraham Lincoln.

If there was even a hint of "Negro in the woodpile" (much less the 20%+ that you claim) none of the above would have occurred.

The entire family were high class, and nothing other than white, both observably and indeed in full documented history.

But yeah, the Watson family might have overlooked an African sat at the family Christmas dinner?  And yes you might have a point??  You silly bastard.

Oh and stop referencing Venter; he has changed his position once from claiming [in 2001] we are all 99.9% the same to the point where he [in 2007] says we are 99% the same; yes, in a mere 5 years he has reduced his claims by nigh on 1%, have you any idea how big a deal that is biologically?  No, no you don't, hence your shitstained hubris, a very slippery slope indeed.

It makes my cringe to hear you attempting to validate your position with references to Venter the "genome god" yet simultaneously overlooking the views of James Watson without whom Venter's work wouldn't even exist.

Chimps, you are a dullard, aptly named and ignorant in the extreme.

Discuss.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #562 on: June 01, 2008, 11:21:00 PM »
MELTDOWN!  :o ;D :-X :-[ ;) :D :-* :-[

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #563 on: June 02, 2008, 05:11:50 AM »
MELTDOWN!  :o ;D :-X :-[ ;) :D :-* :-[
BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #564 on: June 02, 2008, 08:13:22 AM »
BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

He actually thinks someone is taking him seriously enough to read such a long post? I hardly read his 2 lines posts LOL.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #565 on: June 02, 2008, 08:16:26 AM »
Matt ZzzzZzzZZzZZzZZzZZzzZ!

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #566 on: June 02, 2008, 01:39:29 PM »
Matt ZzzzZzzZZzZZzZZzZZzzZ!

MattCock does have some good points that nobody has been able to dispute yet.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #567 on: June 02, 2008, 02:59:31 PM »

DebuZZZzzzZZZzzz :D

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #568 on: June 02, 2008, 03:45:10 PM »

Are you saying I should post on a board where the average member knows how to read?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #569 on: June 02, 2008, 04:43:34 PM »
you cannot argue moral and ethics when it comes to science

if you integrate that into your argument than you automatically lose

Agree with him or not----Matt has made some solid points which no one has yet to dispute with actual evidence----most have been reduced to name calling and moral crusading

although I would be interested to hear more from Dr CHimps in regard to arguing Matt's points 

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #570 on: June 02, 2008, 07:05:18 PM »
DebuZZZzzzZZZzzz :D

That was kind of a sweet little cuddle name for Debussey  :-*

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #571 on: June 02, 2008, 11:38:01 PM »

That was kind of a sweet little cuddle name for Debussey  :-*

More like implying that your say the same things over and over and bore us to death thus ZZzzzZZZzz :D

you cannot argue moral and ethics when it comes to science

if you integrate that into your argument than you automatically lose

Agree with him or not----Matt has made some solid points which no one has yet to dispute with actual evidence----most have been reduced to name calling and moral crusading

although I would be interested to hear more from Dr CHimps in regard to arguing Matt's points 

Bullshit, he kept asking someone to debate him but when I asked him about his Jewish conspiracy theory he backed down like a little bitch, notice he acts like that regarding anyone and anything he posts.
All he wants is the attention and nothing more, do you have any other logical reason for him to post those shameful videos of himself?

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #572 on: June 03, 2008, 12:05:47 AM »
Matt C will you cuddle with a jew if it gets too cold in your igloo?

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #573 on: June 03, 2008, 01:26:39 AM »
Matt C will you cuddle with a jew if it gets too cold in your igloo?

Yeah, as long as she is a cute female.

Hey, why is IFBBwannaB so mean to me?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #574 on: June 03, 2008, 02:32:35 AM »
Yeah, as long as she is a cute female.

Hey, why is IFBBwannaB so mean to me?

Once again avoiding and trying to shift the subject.
You claim you want a debate but in reality you just want your shit read by people, I guess your immense IQ can't figure that one out  ::)

So DebuzZZzzz...you start seeing the pattern or what? And please stop swinging off nuts...especially skinny, retarded people nuts...its pitiful.