Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Nutrition, Products & Supplements Info

alcohol ever once in a while

<< < (3/5) > >>

Brandino747:
sweet thanks brotha

24KT:

--- Quote from: Brandino747 on October 17, 2005, 04:53:43 PM ---thanks for taking the time and sharing your imput...sounds like red wine might be great?  and in what way anthocyanins benefit you? is it your heart?

--- End quote ---

Don't mention it. I'm happy to do it.  :)

Yes. Anthocyanins are a very potent class of anti-oxidants that neutralize free radicals. Anthocyanins and proanthocyanidins can be found in darkly pigmented fruits like blueberries, blackberries, cranberries, grapes and acai berries. They are what gives them their colour. Some of these anthocyanins actually make it through the fermentation process, and while not as numerous as can be found in fresh organic fruits, ...is part of the reason why we don't see as high an incidence of cardiovascular disease in countries like France, despite that populations tendency to over-indulge in creams, pastries, butter and smoke cigarettes like chimneys. Because they consume alot of red wine, relative to white, and most often with every meal, they are able to mitigate the damage they do to themselves because of the protective properties of anthocyanins and proanthocyanidins. The Mediterranean diet's predominant use of olive oil (as opposed to the corn oil that we use here in North America) as well as garlic also imparts protective health benefits as well. So while we can see some limited anti-oxidant properties from red wine, we'd get better results from drinking fruit juice, than from drinking wine.

Hope That Helps,

SLYY:
????  guys chill out.  If u are competing and about to do a show-dont drink.  If not, a few drinks will not hurt you.  I assume you drink around a gallon of water a day normally, so continue that.  IT IS OK TO HAVE A FEW DRINKS ONCE IN A WHILE! 

Tkeeze:
Great advice from everyone.  I've laid off the Sizurp for 4 weeks and love the gains and everything but now I have a party to go to this Friday and plan on havin a couple of beers.  Which is the best way to go, some light beer or straight up liquor??? Can' t do the wine.

T

Ledd:
When I drink (once a month) I have probably a six pack or a couple more.  I drink Bud Light, then when I get home I drink a few large glasses of water before bed.  When I wake up I feel a little woozy but by that afternoon I feel great and the next time I lift I actually feel stronger.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version