Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Pet Board

Any Chihuahua owners here?

<< < (3/7) > >>

body88:

--- Quote from: ~flower~ on July 27, 2006, 07:58:04 AM --- Emmett was over 2 and I only did it beause after his night of being out roaming he started to mark everything and peeing in the house.  I gave him a month and a 1/2 to straighten out but he didn't so he had to get fixed.   Not sure what I am going to do with Tad.  Addie is not spayed and while I don't think it would be physically possible for Tad to mate with her it might be pretty interesting!   Could you see Great Chihuahuas?  loloz

--- End quote ---

That would be an interesting dog lol. I would not call it impossible. if Addie was laying down and your little guy was determined it could happen lol!

YoMamaBeenLurking:

--- Quote from: ~flower~ on July 27, 2006, 08:05:11 AM ---  I don't think his "member" would be sufficient.  They have to tie, and I don't think they could.   Laying down, I could just see it!  Tad- "Addie, could you move your tail over a bit, I'm at a bad angle here"   Addie- "Is it in yet?!"    loll

--- End quote ---

;D

liberty:
You should have got 2 of them !!!
The ones I have ....they have 2 totally different personalities.
Sasha is more of the lap dog attention whore while Mimi is the shy one.
They've bonded with the wife very strongly becuase she spends the most time with them.
I think they shy away because they are intimidated with our size and there only a few pounds.
I usually lay on the floor with them for a while each night when I get home....they don't shy away then !
When they play/fight it sounds so vicious but a lot of it is just chatter.
But when you pick them up they turn into lambs *l

And if you have recently fed them and you call them over to pet them but you don't have any more food to hand them then they don't want anything to do with you until this feeding coma goes away :)
As far as the training goes we used a reg size littler box like you'd use for cats with just newspaper lining it.
Take one of their crayon size turds and put it in there.Of course you want to monitor them closely and try to catch them thinking about peeing somewhere else then quickly grab them and put them in the box.
Because ours are now about 4 pounds each we got a bigger litter box.We bought one of those plastic under the bed storage containers...its about 3 feet long and a foot wide....maybe 6 inches deep....cut a small entry way in the side...line it with newspapers...I like to use the sports section when theres pics of the yankees on it.

liberty:
They haven't been outside a lot....I'm going on vaca today for 2 weeks so I'm going to work with them some more.
We DO use harnesses...there necks are tiny so collars are out.
They are allergic to certian things too....i.e. garlic can make them very sick.
I think in time,especially because your a woman,that he'll get used to you more and not be so intimidated by your size.Like I said though sasha is a ham and likes being petted and held most of the time but mimi is skittish and occasionally like to be held and its always wifey when it does happen.
But when they fight or play they are very vicious....but turn into lambs when you pick them up.
Also when they're young they need to be fed like 4-5 times a day....after about 10 months only twice a day.

YoMamaBeenLurking:
Liberty, did the vet ever recommend a sugar type of paste for yours?  Not sure what it's called but it has to do with their size and sugar levels dropping?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version