Author Topic: As predicted, Gold hits record new high  (Read 7614 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: As predicted, Gold hits record new high
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2011, 07:20:04 PM »
The fact that its blantly discussed in public says alot.

Surprised that no one asked the obvious follow up questions.

Actually, I'm not surprised.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2011, 07:20:48 PM »
The fact that its blantly discussed in public says alot.

Surprised that no one asked the obvious follow up questions.

Actually, I'm not surprised.

Did you see who was on the panel?   

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2011, 07:25:18 PM »
Look at Austan Goolsbees face at 20 sec mark. He looks like he just swallowed his tongue. I bet he's thinking, "Damn Greenspan, wtf are you doing?! You never say this shit in public!" lol

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2011, 07:26:39 PM »
Goolsbee is a fucking c\/nt that's played a major role in destroying this economy. Good thing he had his cushy tenure position at the University of Chicago to fall back on when he just abandoned ship.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2011, 07:33:57 PM »
Warren Buffett: United States deserves "quadruple A" credit rating

Investing guru Warren Buffett criticized the Standard & Poor's downgrade of the long-term US credit rating, saying it "doesn't make sense" and would have a limited impact on markets.

"I don't get it," the highly-respected founder and chairman of Berkshire Hathaway told Fox Business News late Friday, saying his Omaha, Nebraska-based company would hold onto its considerable trove of US Treasury bills.

"In Omaha, the US is still triple-A. In fact, if there were a quadruple-A rating, I'd give the US that," he said, hours after the S&P cut the US credit rating from a sterling AAA to an AA+.

Buffett said his firm holds well over $40 billion in short end T-bills and that the decision "doesn't tempt me to sell. We'll stay right there."

"The US, to my knowledge, owes no money in currency other than the US dollar, which it can print at will. Now if you're talking about inflationthat's a different question,, " he added.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/08/0...nt-make-sense/

lol, whoa

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2011, 07:40:26 PM »
Obama won't let them monetize the debt like that. That would guarantee his not being reelected. All the more reason this guy needs to be removed next year, though.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2011, 07:42:30 PM »
Obama won't let them monetize the debt like that. That would guarantee his not being reelected. All the more reason this guy needs to be removed next year, though.

The energy price inflation is hitting hard.   Gold is one thing, but we are forced to buy energy and food which is way higher. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2011, 07:43:57 PM »

The energy price inflation is hitting hard.   Gold is one thing, but we are forced to buy energy and food which is way higher. 

There's inflation? Haven't heard anything in the MSM about the still ridiculously high gas prices .

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2011, 07:48:04 PM »
There's inflation? Haven't heard anything in the MSM about the still ridiculously high gas prices .

Drove by the station hour ago.   4.15 for 87.    Ouch! 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2011, 09:57:45 PM »
$1703.00

At this rate it'll hit $2000 by the end of the month, never mind end of the year. lol

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2011, 10:37:39 PM »
One Ounce Of Religious Non-Money Tradition = $1700

And while the world's reserve currency, better known to various Chairsatans as "money" continues dropping to record lows courtesy of his dollarcidal tendencies, the "tradition" also known as a "barbarous relic" just passed $1,700. We will be sure to point out when it passes $1,800, $1,900 and $2,000 next.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/one-ounce-non-money-tradition-1700

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2011, 11:05:58 PM »
$1714.00!!!

Fuck me. Im selling some tomorrow and going on vacation baby!

lol

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2011, 11:32:12 PM »
$1714.00!!!

Fuck me. Im selling some tomorrow and going on vacation baby!

lol

I'd hold on for the ride cause it's going to be a long one up.  You're going to kick yourself 2 months from now if you sell.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2011, 11:59:54 PM »

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2011, 12:15:21 AM »
bumping cause I have to watch that video ^^

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2011, 12:25:02 AM »
bumping because I wanna see if anyone wants to go prospecting with me :D

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2011, 03:40:35 PM »
Gold hits new record near $1,830 an ounce

http://money.cnn.com/data/commodities/

Aug 18 12:05pm:Gold prices are again marching in record territory, nearing $1,830 an ounce, as the global economic picture gets uglier by the minute.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2011, 04:12:21 PM »
I was waiting to see it fall back under $1725 and I was going to buy 1 or 2 ounces. Bad move. I'll just wait for QE3 and Obamananke printing to infinity.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2011, 04:15:31 PM »
I was waiting to see it fall back under $1725 and I was going to buy 1 or 2 ounces. Bad move. I'll just wait for QE3 and Obamananke printing to infinity.

Don't know if you did yet but watch the video Emmortal posted, some good shit in there that might make you want to reconsider. I got rid of a few oz's so the girlfriend and I could go on vacation. I'll be grabbing some more silver soon. I havent bought gold for awhile but loaded up when it was around $700/oz. so Im cool for a while.  8)

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2011, 04:19:42 PM »
It's still undervalued in my opinion (and a lot of other people's) but with the premium on the spot right now it's going for somewhere in the $1925 range. I'm willing to wait to see what the scumbags at the Fed come up with at their Jackson Hole retreat in a few weeks.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2011, 05:16:43 PM »
It's still undervalued in my opinion (and a lot of other people's) but with the premium on the spot right now it's going for somewhere in the $1925 range. I'm willing to wait to see what the scumbags at the Fed come up with at their Jackson Hole retreat in a few weeks.

If you can afford it, it's still a good buy. There have been some interesting developments over the past few days.  Small news and big news which will get reported backwards (if at all) by MSM.

The small news that will probably make big news is that Chaves nationalized Nicaragua's gold industry.  This will most likely get spun to play up the nasty commie lack of free market angles by the MSM.

What I doubt will get any play is that Nicaragua has 99 tonnes of gold stored outside the country.  They are asking for it back (from the BoE initially). Now the thing with the gold market is, all this gold on deposit isnt really on deposit, it's all been leased, swapped, traded and leveraged (GATA argue, with a load of evidence, it's been naked shorted into the market to keep the price down). But where it might all start to get real interesting is:

What could well be a gamechanger is that according to an update from Bloomberg, Venezuela has gold with, you guessed it, JP Morgan, Barclays, and Bank Of Nova Scotia. As most know, JPM is one of the 5 vault banks. The fun begins if Chavez demands physical delivery of more than 10.6 tons of physical because as today's CME update of metal depository statistics, JPM only has 338,303 ounces of registered gold in storage. Or roughly 10.6 tons. A modest deposit of this size would cause some serious white hair at JPM as the bank scrambles to find the replacement gold, which has already been pledged about 100 times across the various paper markets.
Nothing in this is sure.. Theres a lot of guesswork.. But what seems is clear various governments and holders are showing very little faith in promises of stock or storage, and if these are leased / loaned / sold the covering of even small parts could be very very difficult in a tight physical market.

A much more interesting option is silver due to its price and it's poised to make a huge jump again.  Silver has actually outperformed gold over the past year, going up around 900% compared to gold's 340% or so gains.  There's heavy manipulation of silver which has kept it below $50oz but I can see it going up to around $200-300oz in the next 12 months once that manipulation is removed.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2011, 07:50:24 PM »
Who is the original source of this info. Thanks.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2011, 07:55:07 PM »
I believe it's from ZeroHedge. I remember the article from yesterday.

Let's be honest, though. They'll tell Chavez to pound sand before they give him 10 tons of gold.

Edit:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/chavez-pulls-venezuelas-gold-jp-morgan-great-scramble-physical-starting

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2011, 08:42:20 PM »
I believe it's from ZeroHedge. I remember the article from yesterday.

Let's be honest, though. They'll tell Chavez to pound sand before they give him 10 tons of gold.
Edit:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/chavez-pulls-venezuelas-gold-jp-morgan-great-scramble-physical-starting

Also:  http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=14328711

Of course they will, because they have to, they don't have it.  Adrian Dogulas did some research into just how far the bullion banks have issued paper reps for every physical ounce in the vault, it came out to at least 45.  It didn't take into consideration the paper manipulation from Comex, LBMA and ETFs.  The ZH article said close to 100 times which  Jeffery Christian testified before the CFTC confirming that it is probably at least that.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2011, 09:44:19 PM »
Also:  http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=14328711

Of course they will, because they have to, they don't have it.  Adrian Dogulas did some research into just how far the bullion banks have issued paper reps for every physical ounce in the vault, it came out to at least 45.  It didn't take into consideration the paper manipulation from Comex, LBMA and ETFs.  The ZH article said close to 100 times which  Jeffery Christian testified before the CFTC confirming that it is probably at least that.

lol

oh boy.