Author Topic: Can Trump win?  (Read 14731 times)

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
Can Trump win?
« on: August 08, 2015, 10:07:45 PM »
So looking at it from an outsiders point of view it seems that his popularity is growing daily. As an Australian, looking in, it seems like everyone hates Obama.
When I asked my USA buddies about Trump, early on, everyone said he would never get up as the party would't allow it. Everyone was talking Jeb Bush. Now I haven't heard Bush's name in weeks and Trump is everywhere. His lack of political correctness is really refreshing and he obviously has a plan + business brain.

If I was there and he made selection, I would definitely vote for him. He seems about as opposite to Obama as you could get.

Thoughts???

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
Re: Can Trump win?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 10:20:29 PM »

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 10:30:25 PM »
Absolutely not.  Zero chance.  

I will cover all bets. ALL.  Trump can not win the general election.

He's a bafoon. He was given $200,000,000 from his dead father and he was bankrupt in less than five years. He's a compulsive, serial liar. He would steal trillions if given the presidency.  Putin x 10000.  
a

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 10:32:36 PM »
Forgive Tim. He likes to pull up graphs and charts that fit his argument. If you take a poll in oppressed areas of the country (ie; Baltimore, Ferguson, etc) and then take a poll from young university students and recent graduates then he a hero. But if you're in let's say Orange Co. Then he's not even welcome. As a matter of fact, he has no business being in this county. Personally I wouldn't trust him to watch my kids while I took 5 min to run across the street to the store. Dude bows to communist leaders.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 10:36:48 PM »
No way would Trump be accepted at world meetings between other presidents, it's laughable to even think about it.
?

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 11:01:08 PM »
Forgive Tim. He likes to pull up graphs and charts that fit his argument.

Yeah, facts have a well-known liberal bias.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 11:03:39 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2015, 11:04:22 PM »
Yeah, facts have a well-known liberal bias.

Liberal and facts should never be mentioned in the same sentence.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2015, 11:04:33 PM »
?

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2015, 11:16:40 PM »
Donald Trump is a rude, abrasive, typical no class New Yorker.
 In 1970 he had a "Job" with his father that netted him 200 thousand in 1970's US Dollars (a million in today's money).
This is supposed to be the corner stone of his real estate empire.

It is his reputation that:
  • He sets up a company with himself as head
  • He sucks out as much money as he can for himself
  • When it has gone on as long as it can, the company declares bankruptcy
  • Since it is the company going into bankruptcy, Trump is unaffected

It is his reputation that he has done this 4 times.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2015, 11:46:02 PM »
Dude bows to communist leaders.

lots of president bow.  even to bad guys.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2015, 11:52:51 PM »
So looking at it from an outsiders point of view it seems that his popularity is growing daily. As an Australian, looking in, it seems like everyone hates Obama.
When I asked my USA buddies about Trump, early on, everyone said he would never get up as the party would't allow it. Everyone was talking Jeb Bush. Now I haven't heard Bush's name in weeks and Trump is everywhere. His lack of political correctness is really refreshing and he obviously has a plan + business brain.

Republicans believe Bill Clinton convinced Trump to run.  Clinton wanted a mess in the GOP primary so hilary could coast into the nomination.  and if trump wins, all the better, since polls with independents are TERRIBLE for trump, even today. 

it was a shrewd political move by the clintons, stacking the deck. Putting in a ringer.  The repubs did it in a US Senate seat with Alvin Greene, a broke dude facing sex crime charges who magically received the ten grand to run.

both camps admit they talked but won't admit nothing more than "bill encouraged him to further his role in the party, but didn't say he should run".  Well, your wife is already running, Trump is already considering it - why do you make that call?  Of course they'll both deny the reason.

ANyway, the trump story is a fascinating one.  We'll see how far repubs will go to defend the lifetime democrat, even as he now hates on fox news.

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2015, 11:55:23 PM »
It is all very interesting to us. You see you Americans are very patriotic and all have very strong political opinions.

In Australia, for the most part no one gives a fuck about politics, voting or patriotism. We are very laid back here and most of the population pretty much hate government leaders.

I think that's why rockstar type world leaders like Putin and Trump get our attention.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2015, 12:01:58 AM »
Hillary or Trump.  I'll have to go with Trump.  Think of all the top quality gash he's gotten over the years.  That has to count for something.
Hillary is an old bag carpet muncher.  Actually, so is Trump.

Jeb Bush seemed like a true politician with his answers.  At least Trump isn't a canned puppet.  Doesn't mean he'll be a good president, but consider Obama...a lot of people thought he'd be great.

Trump has the biggest name of anyone running and is the most noticeable.  On popularity alone, he wins.
N

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2015, 12:02:41 AM »
My two degrees of separation to Donald Trump: When the gay marriage ruling happened, Donald was asked about his views.  He mentioned that he had attended a gay wedding. That wedding was of Jordan Roth and Richie Jackson in September of 2012.  I dated Jordan Roth in 2000. (He broke up with me, but we remained friends, although I didn't get invited to the wedding, but I'm in LA and he's in NYC.  And I'm not bitter.)  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2015, 12:03:41 AM »
Trump has the biggest name of anyone running and is the most noticeable.  On popularity alone, he wins.

but he's crazy.  i mean, i could see him shoving a leader or something during debates lol.   Spitting or throwing a drink.  Calling another president's wife a whore or something.  

Trump lacks self control on a scary scale lol.  If you asked "which person in the race might get mad one day and set off ten nukes in Antarctica just to piss everyone off", it'd be Trump.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2015, 12:06:30 AM »
My two degrees of separation to Donald Trump: When the gay marriage ruling happened, Donald was asked about his views.  He mentioned that he had attended a gay wedding. That wedding was of Jordan Roth and Richie Jackson in September of 2012.  I dated Jordan Roth in 2000. (He broke up with me, but we remained friends, although I didn't get invited to the wedding, but I'm in LA and he's in NYC.  And I'm not bitter.)  

I've attended gay weddings as well. They are friends. Doesn't mean I agree with it. What's your point again?

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2015, 12:07:35 AM »
but he's crazy.  i mean, i could see him shoving a leader or something during debates lol.   Spitting or throwing a drink.  Calling another president's wife a whore or something.  

Trump lacks self control on a scary scale lol.  If you asked "which person in the race might get mad one day and set off ten nukes in Antarctica just to piss everyone off", it'd be Trump.

I disagree.  Trump is an act.  He has no intention to go the distance.  He has no patience to run a massive bureaucracy for 4 or 8 years.  If he were to win the nomination, he'd pick a really good (moderate) VP and resign within his first year in office.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2015, 12:10:51 AM »
I've attended gay weddings as well. They are friends. Doesn't mean I agree with its. What's your point again?

That you have three degrees of separation from Donald Trump: you -> me -> my ex -> trump

but how do you attend a wedding between a same sex couple when you don't think the government should recognize same sex marriage?  Do you cross your fingers behind your back when you wish them happiness?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2015, 12:14:30 AM »
I disagree.  Trump is an act.  He has no intention to go the distance.  He has no patience to run a massive bureaucracy for 4 or 8 years.  If he were to win the nomination, he'd pick a really good (moderate) VP and resign within his first year in office.

Trump is probably the biggest mystery of 2015.  WTF is he doing?  which party is he really helping?

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2015, 12:18:46 AM »
Lucky the rest of the world doesn't get to vote or Trump would win hands down. He has charisma and is definitely not a puppet.
Hilary looks like a bitter old never was (Opposite to has been).

Once again from an outsiders point of view, I thought Bill Clinton was a fantastic president. Even now I love hearing him speak and have watched some amazing interviews that he did over the years.

Go Trump!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2015, 12:21:58 AM »
That you have three degrees of separation from Donald Trump: you -> me -> my ex -> trump

but how do you attend a wedding between a same sex couple when you don't think the government should recognize same sex marriage?  Do you cross your fingers behind your back when you wish them happiness?

Because regardless of what they stand for or who they are they're still friends. They're good people. We just have a difference of opinion. They know that I know that yet I was still invited. Tim, I've said MANY times that I couldn't careless if they get married or not (even though because of religious beliefs I don't agree) as long as they don't push it on me, my kid or family I will wish them happiness. I've also said I have gay friends that are conservative that think overdoing the rainbow thing, especially on the White House, was an embarrassment. Face it, something's are over done and people are tired of having it shoved down their throat (definitely no pun intended).

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2015, 12:28:03 AM »
Coach, 240, Tim, Tommy and everyone else comments.

It is really fascinating to watch from here. In fact it is Sunday night and Trump is of the national news here, offending another female reporter. His Rosie O'Donnell comments made the news here as well as all the Mexican stuff.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2015, 12:32:19 AM »
I've attended gay weddings as well. They are friends. Doesn't mean I agree with it. What's your point again?

Would love to attend a gay wedding with you.  :P

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2015, 12:37:18 AM »
Coach, 240, Tim, Tommy and everyone else comments.

It is really fascinating to watch from here. In fact it is Sunday night and Trump is of the national news here, offending another female reporter. His Rosie O'Donnell comments made the news here as well as all the Mexican stuff.

Trump is killing everyone because people are sick of the pc crap. It's killing this country. I've said it loooooong ago. If you're in corporate America and you tell a female "that dress looks nice" or "you look nice today" you could find yourself fired and up on sexual harassment charges. It's that ridiculous.