Author Topic: The Winner and Still.........  (Read 3377 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: The Winner and Still.........
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2021, 08:31:11 AM »
10000000% yes...... only time I ever watched basketball or went to games

Games were awesome then - flat out wars vs the Bulls / Heat / Hornets
Y

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2021, 09:32:53 AM »
Anthony Mason (RIP) was a monster. Loved him and Charles Oakley. No homo. Oakley is the one who discovered Big Ben Wallace and sort of mentored him.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2021, 10:08:37 AM »
We are about 5 weeks away from opening night (tip off).  I'm so happy the season is starting on time and I'll be able to catch a game in person.  I'm really expecting a fun season out of my Pistons.  I think I've told you before, but I'm a huge Russ Westbrook guy.  He's the type of hard nosed, max effort guy that could play in any era.  I look at him too and think what if he had discovered the boxing gym at 6 instead of the basketball court?  Might be looking at the heavyweight champion of the world.  That being said, since my Pistons aren't legit contending for a couple years I want the Lakers to win the whole thing.  I absolutely don't want the Nets to win.  Hate that fucking team.  Cannot stand Kyrie Irving.

I'm optimistic about this season, if everyone can stay healthy.  I really like the intensity Westbrook brings.  He is going to put a lot of pressure on opposing defenses. 

I don't like the Nets either.  Problem for me is I cannot stand LeBron.  Constantly having to practice my zen when I watch my Lakers play.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2021, 10:12:09 AM »
There was a time, during the Patrick Ewing era, when I could tell you every player on the Knicks. Now I couldn’t name one.

Julius Randle.  He's a baller and former Laker.  That's the only player I can name from the Knicks off the top of my head. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2021, 03:38:46 PM »
Time will tell what??  More of this?

Report: Taliban Beheaded Two Boys Aged 9 and 10 in Afghanistan
As the Taliban establishes Islamic rule, beheadings will become the Sharia-sanctioned punishment for non-believers and those regarded as the enemies of Islam.
Posted by Vijeta Uniyal Thursday, September 16, 2021
https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/09/report-taliban-beheaded-two-boys-aged-9-and-10-in-afghanistan/

You posted:

"Think about this:  Trump is banned from Twitter, but the Taliban is not."

To which I responded:

I did not know this. Does the Taliban even have a Twitter account? I just read that more than 100 new pro-Taliban accounts and pages have surfaced on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter, despite a ban on the group by these sites. If this is true, then the ban isn't working.

So, which is it? Has Facebook, YouTube and Twitter banned pro-Taliban accounts or have they not?

If they have not, time will tell if they will ban them. If they have, time will tell if these gimmick accounts get banned as well.

I am not aware that the article regarding the beheading of the two young boys has been posted on Twitter, Facebook or Youtube. The link you provided says nothing about the Taliban posting this on Twitter, Facebook or Youtube.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2021, 06:55:30 PM »
You posted:

"Think about this:  Trump is banned from Twitter, but the Taliban is not."

To which I responded:

I did not know this. Does the Taliban even have a Twitter account? I just read that more than 100 new pro-Taliban accounts and pages have surfaced on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter, despite a ban on the group by these sites. If this is true, then the ban isn't working.

So, which is it? Has Facebook, YouTube and Twitter banned pro-Taliban accounts or have they not?

If they have not, time will tell if they will ban them. If they have, time will tell if these gimmick accounts get banned as well.

I am not aware that the article regarding the beheading of the two young boys has been posted on Twitter, Facebook or Youtube. The link you provided says nothing about the Taliban posting this on Twitter, Facebook or Youtube.

Did you miss this?  Twitter has not banned the Taliban.

"Twitter Inc. (NYSE: TWTR) has announced that that Taliban spokesmen will be able to maintain accounts on its social media platform as long as they abide by the terms of service and do not use their tweets to advocate violence."
https://www.yahoo.com/now/why-twitter-allows-taliban-maintain-142546810.html

How twisted is that?

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2021, 06:55:48 PM »
Anthony Mason (RIP) was a monster. Loved him and Charles Oakley. No homo. Oakley is the one who discovered Big Ben Wallace and sort of mentored him.

I always like to imagine a team going against almost 800lbs of solid muscle - Oakley, Mason, L Johnson and living to tell about it..lol

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2021, 08:24:12 PM »
I always like to imagine a team going against almost 800lbs of solid muscle - Oakley, Mason, L Johnson and living to tell about it..lol

Larry Johnson.  Damn.  Was in awe of him while he was at UNLV.  An absolute man amongst boys.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2021, 07:40:46 AM »
Larry Johnson.  Damn.  Was in awe of him while he was at UNLV.  An absolute man amongst boys.
That's because he was probably 30 years old in college.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2021, 08:24:00 AM »

yes.. but that allowed him to be grandmama when in the NBA at 60 years old :-)

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2021, 11:04:39 AM »

Lmfao

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2021, 11:47:05 AM »
Did you miss this?  Twitter has not banned the Taliban.

A lot can change in a month....that was August 18th. However, the four men listed in the article appear to have some presence on Twitter at least in name. None of the associated accounts appear to be posting inflammatory comments, except some responders remarks....although, I don't speak or read Arabic, Dari or Pashto, so who knows what they post in their native language. The negative remarks appear to be coming from English speaking people. I am intentionally not posting links to the 4 listed Twitter accounts. If someone is interested in reading them, they can find them on their own.

Seems as if removing/banning them is easier said than done. The clips below are from a Times article published August 19, 2021

-The social media companies, following government guidelines, have largely designated the Taliban as a terrorist organization and don’t allow Taliban content on their sites.

-Representatives for YouTube and Facebook said they forbade Taliban accounts and removed them when they were found. Twitter, which said this week that it prohibits glorification of violence on its platform, didn’t respond to a request for comment.

-Facebook and YouTube removed the accounts of a Taliban spokesman, Mohammad Naeem.

-When Facebook this week blocked the WhatsApp account of Zabihullah Mujahid, a Taliban spokesman, he distributed a new, still active WhatsApp account of another Taliban leader to journalists.

-The Taliban were also easily evading being found by changing the spellings within their hashtags or key terms, and using encrypted apps.

-Many of the new pro-Taliban accounts have been careful to post content that does not openly espouse violence or hate speech, which would violate the companies’ rules.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/18/technology/taliban-social-media-bans.html