Getbig Main Boards > General Topics

Investing and personal finance

<< < (88/90) > >>

IroNat:

--- Quote from: Humble Narcissist on June 15, 2023, 01:45:05 AM ---They are praying for a war with China or Russia. Military industrial complex.

--- End quote ---

Don't need a war, just a threat to spur more spending.

Humble Narcissist:

--- Quote from: IroNat on June 15, 2023, 04:43:49 AM ---Don't need a war, just a threat to spur more spending.

--- End quote ---
Yep, also leaving military gear in countries like Afghanistan.

Gregzs:
DESTROYING The American Dream With Build To Rent Homes

SOMEPARTS:

--- Quote from: Gregzs on July 08, 2023, 06:31:49 PM ---DESTROYING The American Dream With Build To Rent Homes

--- End quote ---

This is the future and it's already in the works. To be honest a majority of the population do not add enough value to the economy to own a home. Automation and AI will further streamline and make this worse. They have been preparing younger people for a lower standard of living through "equity" and "climate" messaging.

IroNat:
A young single mom with two kids, unless she has a very well-paying job, should not be able to afford a suburban home with amenities.

My first house in 1984 was a 2-family in the city for $50k.  Even at that I could barely qualify to buy it at then interest rates of 17%.

That same house 40 years later goes for maybe $110-$120k tops.

Young people today expect to start out with a house that their parents could only afford after 20 years that is $500k.

My first house 1984 $50k
2nd house 1989 $75k
3rd house 1997 $114k
Current house 1998 $200k

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version