Author Topic: Derek Chauvin Conviction Is Going To Be Overturned  (Read 4660 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Derek Chauvin Conviction Is Going To Be Overturned
« on: May 04, 2021, 08:42:37 AM »
Apparantly one of the jurors was photographed at a BLM Rally wearing a "Get Your Knee Off My Neck" shirt.  No judge is going to let that slide
A

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
Re: Derek Chauvin Conviction Is Going To Be Overturned
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 09:18:31 AM »
Apparantly one of the jurors was photographed at a BLM Rally wearing a "Get Your Knee Off My Neck" shirt.  No judge is going to let that slide

Clever individual.  ::)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 09:57:12 AM »

Any Obama appointed judge would let that slide but let’s hope this one doesn’t

That_Dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 10:09:40 AM »
Not sure that would change anything. It's not an offensive/provoking slogan on the shirt.

I think everyone agrees with the message.

I'm not saying Floyd wasnt responsible for his own death...his own choices brought him there.

The issue is police are there to stop the threat and bring individuals into custody. Not act as judge, jury, and in this case executioner.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 10:16:02 AM »
Not sure that would change anything. It's not an offensive/provoking slogan on the shirt.

Not the point though.

Jurors were asked in their interviews if they ever participated in any rallies, etc related to the case.
Y

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2021, 10:35:33 AM »

I'm not saying Floyd wasnt responsible for his own death...his own choices brought him there.

The issue is police are there to stop the threat and bring individuals into custody. Not act as judge, jury, and in this case executioner.

I’d say the cop did stop the threat.

For all eternity.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2021, 02:10:14 PM »

Not everyone is a Liberal bleeding vagina.

Those of us that think for ourselves don't give two shits about the BLM movement.

It's the actions of these thugs that created the problem. Not the other way around.

usmcdevildoc

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2021, 06:27:34 PM »
Any Obama appointed judge would let that slide but let’s hope this one doesn’t

Save Chauvin before he must sacrifice his ass unto BBC while he is incarcerated.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2021, 06:33:50 PM »

Yes - and he specifically said he didn't know about the George Floyd case.

The thing is - that knee/neck hold is legal under Minnesota policing code. So it's bullshit to convict a cop for doing his job as he is trained to do it.

I'm just speaking on that one detail. I'm not saying he did nothing wrong [holding the knee too long, maybe], but the hold itself was legal.

Also, George Floyd was overdosing on Fentanyl at the time of his arrest.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2021, 06:36:18 PM »

The juror in question signed an oath saying he had no prior knowledge of the George Floyd case, and I think the photo was taken in August. That's the specific issue at hand, which is why Goodrum made an excellent point.

I can't speak too much on the specifics of the case...but unbiased juror selection is paramount for any case.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2021, 06:39:57 PM »
Not the point though.

Jurors were asked in their interviews if they ever participated in any rallies, etc related to the case.

Mitchell said he answered "no" to two questions in the juror questionnaire sent out before jury selection that asked about participation in demonstrations.

The first question asked, "Did you, or someone close to you, participate in any of the demonstrations or marches against police brutality that took place in Minneapolis after George Floyd's death?"

The second asked, "Other than what you have already described above, have you, or anyone close to you, participated in protests about police use of force or police brutality?"

Given that the question wasn't "any rally" or march.. but protest or rally against police brutality I think he dodged a bullet. His explanation while it may or may not be true, is plausible and likely not grounds for any mistrial in my opinion

" The event was "100 percent not" a march for Floyd, Mitchell said, adding, "It was directly related to MLK's March on Washington from the '60s … The date of the March on Washington is the date."

I think he wanted to be on the jury, he said as much.  I think he should have been more forthcoming to avoid any misunderstanding or controversy, but I think it will be a stretch at this point. But I'm no expert it's just what I think.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2021, 06:41:49 PM »
The juror in question signed an oath saying he had no prior knowledge of the George Floyd case, and I think the photo was taken in August. That's the specific issue at hand, which is why Goodrum made an excellent point.

I can't speak too much on the specifics of the case...but unbiased juror selection is paramount for any case.

Link to the oath where it says he had no prior knowledge? That seems like a ridiculous question given the enormous news coverage it had 

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2021, 06:44:32 PM »
Chauvin was a scumbag this wasn't his first incident of excessive force but yes they will try to appeal hopefully they lose

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2021, 06:46:29 PM »
Mitchell said he answered "no" to two questions in the juror questionnaire sent out before jury selection that asked about participation in demonstrations.

The first question asked, "Did you, or someone close to you, participate in any of the demonstrations or marches against police brutality that took place in Minneapolis after George Floyd's death?"

The second asked, "Other than what you have already described above, have you, or anyone close to you, participated in protests about police use of force or police brutality?"

Given that the question wasn't "any rally" or march.. but protest or rally against police brutality I think he dodged a bullet. His explanation while it may or may not be true, is plausible and likely not grounds for any mistrial in my opinion

" The event was "100 percent not" a march for Floyd, Mitchell said, adding, "It was directly related to MLK's March on Washington from the '60s … The date of the March on Washington is the date."

I think he wanted to be on the jury, he said as much.  I think he should have been more forthcoming to avoid any misunderstanding or controversy, but I think it will be a stretch at this point. But I'm no expert it's just what I think.

You can tell a liberal by how they play games with words to enforce their confirmation bias.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2021, 06:49:12 PM »
Chauvin was a scumbag this wasn't his first incident of excessive force but yes they will try to appeal hopefully they lose

yep, something like 18 incidents in his 19 year of "public service"

it doesn't seem fair that the jury didn't get to hear about that (and it's likely why Chauvin didn't take the stand ...it would have opened him up to being asked about it) but they the defense got to bring up every bad thing that Floyd did his entire life

maybe someone in jail will just kneel on his neck for nine minutes and he'll die of natural causes

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2021, 06:49:41 PM »

So in your world George Floyd was a model citizen?

Fuck off back to gimmickland, shitbag.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2021, 06:51:09 PM »

irrelevant

also, unlike Chauvin, Floyd was never charged and convicted of murder

so much for you model citizen

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2021, 06:53:54 PM »
yep, something like 18 incidents in his 19 year of "public service"

it doesn't seem fair that the jury didn't get to hear about that (and it's likely why Chauvin didn't take the stand ...it would have opened him up to being asked about it) but they the defense got to bring up every bad thing that Floyd did his entire life

maybe someone in jail will just kneel on his neck for nine minutes and he'll die of natural causes

Isn't it time for you to perform a "scrotum salah" on some goat fucker at the local convenience mart?  You don't wanna miss your daily dose of head cheese, you fucking fuck. Covid up and Kobe out whole ass.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2021, 06:58:23 PM »
Whilst the verdict should be dismissed, he's been found guilty of murder where in reality it should have been manslaughter, in todays America I don't like his chances of getting a dismissal.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2021, 07:51:45 PM »
irrelevant

also, unlike Chauvin, Floyd was never charged and convicted of murder

so much for you model citizen

who would you rather be your neighbor?  floyd or chauvin?

E
E

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2021, 08:10:33 PM »
who would you rather be your neighbor?  floyd or chauvin?

E

Chauvins wife was like an asian milf, so probably Chauvin.

His neighbours didn't know he was a cop. He told them he was an account or something. Is that strange?

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2021, 08:15:19 PM »

So because he is a drug user its ok for the cops to murder him in the streets? He wasn't a threat to any officer there was no need to kill him. Chauvin is a pos who enjoyed hurting people glad he is in prison. And a real tough guy you wouldnt say shit to my face in real life but want to act like a badass online cursing me pussy

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2021, 08:44:02 PM »
Yes - and he specifically said he didn't know about the George Floyd case.

The thing is - that knee/neck hold is legal under Minnesota policing code. So it's bullshit to convict a cop for doing his job as he is trained to do it.

I'm just speaking on that one detail. I'm not saying he did nothing wrong [holding the knee too long, maybe], but the hold itself was legal.

Also, George Floyd was overdosing on Fentanyl at the time of his arrest.

No Matt...a knee on the neck isn't any part of police training...its a shoulder blade.  Where did you get this stupid shit from...I never put my knee on anyone's neck although on occasion , I dif punch a few in the back of the head to put their hands behind their back. Even if it was legal , i think he could have taken his knee off after he was unconscious.  They should have cuffed him and thrown him in the back of the car. 

Part of the job is to make sure a suspect who is captured and subdued, lives to make it to court....and he failed miserably
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2021, 08:45:28 PM »

No Matt...a knee on the neck isn't any part of police training...its a shoulder blade.  Where did you get this stupid shit from...I never put my knee on anyone's neck although on occasion , I dif punch a few in the back of the head to put their hands behind their back. Even if it was legal , i think he could have taken his knee off after he was unconscious.  They should have cuffed him and thrown him in the back of the car.

Coroner’s report said he didn’t die from a knee to the neck

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2021, 08:48:01 PM »
Coroner’s report said he didn’t die from a knee to the neck

Not completely...those drugs killed him with that knee to his neck as a contributing factor.  Either way, there is no police training that involves a knee to the neck simply because it's the fucking neck
A