Author Topic: Fast Food Contingency Plan  (Read 14461 times)

240 or bust

Fast Food Contingency Plan
« on: May 05, 2005, 09:17:41 AM »
I'm getting serious about this BBing thing. I know nutrition is 80% of the battle, and I'm working to ensure I don't miss a meal and don't eat garbage.

My question is, if you're on the road, no access to good food, and you need a quality meal... and you have to hit a drive thru... which place/menu item would you recommend?

I know we never should, but I know there will be times when we all have to do it. So far, I'm thinking wendys (2 plain baked potatoes and maybe a plain grilled chicken sandwich with lettuce).  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

wicknilly

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • built through sweat, but no tears
Re: Fast Food Contingency Plan
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 09:27:09 AM »
eat the sandwich without the bread and no mayo

bigjay80

• Getbig II
  • Street Muscle
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 09:43:11 AM »
eat the sandwich without the bread and no mayo

Yeap.  Maybe even two sandwiches hold the bread and mayo. 

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 09:57:49 AM »
I generally go for a plain potato and a small chili and smother the chili on the potato....only 5-6 gms of fat in total or just a plain chicken breast (which was mentioned) and potato with chives..

The Jackel

• Getbig IV
  • Eat, Sleep, Train
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 11:07:10 AM »
I generally go for a plain potato and a small chili and smother the chili on the potato....only 5-6 gms of fat in total or just a plain chicken breast (which was mentioned) and potato with chives..

That is exactly what I do  8)
Get Big  Stay Big

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 11:59:07 AM »
Here's what I do...

Classic Double With Cheese - loaded with everything
Biggie Fries
2 - 5 piece Chicken Nuggets with BBQ Sauce
and a Large Frosty for dessert...

It's a very healthy 997 calories with 86 grams of protein, 221 grams carbs and get this: only 105 grams of fat (35 saturated!)!!!

Oh I forgot to mention, I'm a Sumo-Wrestler...

deerpark

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 12:25:49 PM »
i do the same thing at wnedys as well..that is the chilli and baked potatoe.  just make sure the potatoe is plain.

also, theres subway.    you cant go wrong with them.  just dont get cheese, and if you need mayo, they have a light mayo.  but even they "light" mayo is full of fat, so go easy on the stuff.    also vinegar is cool, oil is not.  and they have several mustards, so you can always use them to add flavor.    dont get the cheesy breads, just stick with white or wheat...preferably the latter.   just wheat bread at subways sucks. 

and as for the plain chicken sand. at wendys.   thats also good.  i would eat the bread though.  and i would add mustard. 

also, theres taco bell.  you can always just eat some bean burritos, and im sure they got some form of grilled chiken tacos.  just be prepared for the gas them bean burritos give.   and dont start going crazy with burritos.  the burrito shells actually pack quite a bit of calories. 

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2005, 12:55:05 PM »
Lot of times you can have a turkey sub with mustard and veggies.  Only eat half the sub with the bread and the rest without the bread. 

You will probably be safe eating anywhere as long as you keep the calories below 500 (which is like one mcdonalds cheeseburger) and not making it a habit.

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2005, 02:00:28 PM »
Here's what I do...

Biggie Fries

It's a very healthy 997 calories with 86 grams of protein, 221 grams carbs and get this: only 105 grams of fat (35 saturated!)!!!

Oh I forgot to mention, I'm a Sumo-Wrestler...

Oops, I miscalculated...  It's a 997 gram meal!  It's actually got 2,180 calories of which 950 come from fat!

Sound better?  Who's hungry!

Maxxx Testosterone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • The ALPHA-MALE
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2005, 02:30:51 PM »
What a Fuckin Stupid question.

Someone who say that he is serious about bodybuilding ask this???

You know ... when you are serious about BBING you ALWAYS bring a cooler with loads of foods and suppl with you. Everywhere you go. You go to school ... get your cooler, you go to work ... get your cooler, you go hanging out ... bring your cooler. Every fuckin where you go you go with your food prepared with you.

240 , my best advice is that you cant live without going somewhere knowing that you can have all you meals with you. A restaurant is a restaurant and that mean crap that cost lot of money.
Myghty_max@hotmail.c

freakazoidofnature

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2005, 02:55:34 PM »
get a salad w/o the dressing and make sure the chicken isnt crispy, i find that the chicken adds enough flavor to the lettuce to where u dont need any dressing.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2005, 04:51:32 AM »
Double quarter-pounder with cheese!

wicknilly

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • built through sweat, but no tears
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2005, 08:00:30 AM »
Here's what I do...

Biggie Fries

that looks like lunch for me in the offseason ;D except i usually go with a classic triple and maybe an extra spicky chicken sandwich.  seriously, i eat way to much offseason, but i consider it therapy ;)

Brolly

• Getbig IV
  • Dick for days, Ass for weeks
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2005, 11:30:27 AM »
This past winter, I went skiing with my girl and Brother. I didn't "bring a cooler" because I'd be on the hill most of the time, so i had a 'slow' protein. But after skiing for hours and eating pasta for lunch and finishing on the hill hours later. I didn't feel like paying $$$ for some small meat so there was a Mc.D's and I ate four double Big mAc's Sure it is all fat and nothing is good from that shit, but being on the hill is like cardio and my body NEEDs something, and Something is far better then nothing. I was bulking at this time so cals are not the problem the fat content is thou.

But remember, 'if you dont have a cooler' Something is always better then nothing at all.
GspotRocksGspot

Gary

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2005, 11:30:30 AM »
Go to your grocery's deli and get 8 to 10 oz of Turkey or Chicken and a veggie or low glycemic fruit or do as Maxx Test said.  Kids!

TheBigAristotle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2005, 11:40:28 AM »
keep an MRP and shaker in your car

Maxxx Testosterone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • The ALPHA-MALE
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2005, 11:41:33 AM »
A BODUBUILDER ALWAYS BRING HIS FUCKIN FOOD WITH HIM!!!

EVERY FUCKIN WHERE!!!!!!

and eat every fuckin 2.5 to 3 hours straight from the clock. It doesnt matter if you are working , riding your car or fuckin you girlfriend. When its time to eat , its time to eat.

Myghty_max@hotmail.c

Brolly

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2005, 08:01:38 PM »
I love it!
but my girl disagrees.
It doesn't matter if you are working , riding your car or f**kin you girlfriend. When its time to eat , its time to eat.
GspotRocksGspot

*Dutch*

• Getbig III
  • "Hey, you got rusty fenders on your bicycle!"
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2005, 08:24:44 PM »
A BODUBUILDER ALWAYS BRING HIS f**kIN FOOD WITH HIM!!!

EVERY f**kIN WHERE!!!!!!

and eat every f**kin 2.5 to 3 hours straight from the clock. It doesnt matter if you are working , riding your car or f**kin you girlfriend. When its time to eat , its time to eat.

BULLSHIT!

You are certainly full of it, and yourself. :-* :-* :-*
Cancel my subscription to the resurrection.

*Dutch*

• Getbig III
  • "Hey, you got rusty fenders on your bicycle!"
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2005, 07:58:51 AM »
Hey 240, check out the Captain D's carb counter menu.

They have a chicken as well as a fish meal, which has a serving of steamed broccoli, and another serving of mixed veggies which includes green beans, squash, carrots, and some bell pepper. It also comes with a salad. I like to get the italian dressing which has no fat compared to the ranch, and I like to get the fish blackened.

Total calories are somewhere around 350, and total carbs around 13 grams. Best of all, you can eat the whole meal, and not throw anything away. Cost is right at 6 bucks.

They also have a few similar meals with rice, if you're not trying to purposely restrict carbs. I just found out about these last week.
Cancel my subscription to the resurrection.

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2005, 05:39:04 PM »
What a f**kin Stupid question.

Someone who say that he is serious about bodybuilding ask this???

You know ... when you are serious about BBING you ALWAYS bring a cooler with loads of foods and suppl with you. Everywhere you go. You go to school ... get your cooler, you go to work ... get your cooler, you go hanging out ... bring your cooler. Every f**kin where you go you go with your food prepared with you.

240 , my best advice is that you cant live without going somewhere knowing that you can have all you meals with you. A restaurant is a restaurant and that mean crap that cost lot of money.

i bet as a father you'll make for some very happy children one day....
its comin today

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2005, 09:40:09 AM »

Brolly

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2005, 01:47:34 PM »