Author Topic: Question for the rational people on here  (Read 2406 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Question for the rational people on here
« on: September 22, 2021, 03:22:24 PM »
Do you think that the vaccine mandate for military is a way to thin the heard since service members are refusing the vaccine as well as approximately 2500 members of our Seal Teams as well as other Special Forces? Killing off our Military without actually killing them

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Question for the rational people on here
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 03:28:18 PM »
Do you think that the vaccine mandate for military is a way to thin the heard since service members are refusing the vaccine as well as approximately 2500 members of our Seal Teams as well as other Special Forces? Killing off our Military without actually killing them

No, I do not believe this.

If I felt we were that sinister, I'd probably be questioning my desire to stay here, and I'm nowhere near that.
Y

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 03:31:13 PM »
No, I do not believe this.

If I felt we were that sinister, I'd probably be questioning my desire to stay here, and I'm nowhere near that.

But if we have people leaving the military because of the vaccine that would generally mean that people will not want to enroll. I can’t remember the percentage but right now enrollment for military is down quite a bit.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 03:39:37 PM »
They probably haven't covered our history of vaccinations over at Breitbart

The first vaccine mandate was initiated by George Washington to inoculate the troops fighting in the American Revolution against smallpox. As a young man, Washington had suffered from smallpox and had the scars to prove it.

His mandate during the Revolutionary War was followed by additional mandates for the military, including vaccines against smallpox during the Spanish-American War; typhoid in World War I; then influenza, tetanus, cholera, diphtheria, plague and yellow fever during World War II. 

By 2006, the military mandates 13 different vaccines. But the general public have also had mandates. Massachusetts enacted a vaccine mandate in 1903 that was upheld by the Supreme Court in 1905.

https://www.gainesville.com/story/opinion/2021/09/21/karen-kilgore-vaccine-mandates-revolutionary-war-today/8384359002/

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/573043-why-george-washington-mandated-vaccines

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 03:52:46 PM »
But if we have people leaving the military because of the vaccine that would generally mean that people will not want to enroll. I can’t remember the percentage but right now enrollment for military is down quite a bit.

So what is the endgame?

Why do they want to thin the military?
Y

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2021, 03:55:14 PM »
Completely irrelevant

hardly

Our first commander in chief (before we even had a country) mandated inoculation and there is a long list of inoculations that service members have been required to get.

This is just another one

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2021, 04:00:44 PM »
No.  No one thinks like that.  Just you.  Which is why you obviously do not qualify as a "rational" person.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2021, 04:05:49 PM »
No, it’s a wealth transfer to the medical establishment via some worthless flu shot.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2021, 04:23:02 PM »

No.  They periodically do reductions in force and they almost always happen under Democrat presidents, but I don't think the vaccine mandate is any kind of attempted RIF.  You could argue that it's more of a political move than a science/health-based move.  But overall, it's really not much different than the flu shot they make service members get every year.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2021, 04:37:51 PM »
No.  They periodically do reductions in force and they almost always happen under Democrat presidents, but I don't think the vaccine mandate is any kind of attempted RIF.  You could argue that it's more of a political move than a science/health-based move.  But overall, it's really not much different than the flu shot they make service members get every year.

that would be an idiotic argument

Covid is a highly contagious disease that is deadly to some and people in the military live in very close quarters

It's the same reason the George Washington required his troops to be inoculated

Fox News requires it's employees to be vaccinated or submit to DAILY TESTING

I guess that's political too?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2021, 04:37:59 PM »
The military commonly gets all kinds of innoculations prior to deployment depending on the region and the diseases.

Coach, take off your tinfoil hat.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2021, 04:40:04 PM »
The military commonly gets all kinds of innoculations prior to deployment depending on the region and the diseases.

Coach, take off your tinfoil hat.

I don't think it's a crazy question, particularly with everything we've seen the past five years.  But I don't think it's any kind of attempted RIF.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2021, 04:43:22 PM »
2500 Seal Team members are refusing the vaccine?

Are these the same guys who will blindly run through brick walls if so ordered?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2021, 04:47:51 PM »
2500 Seal Team members are refusing the vaccine?

Are these the same guys who will blindly run through brick walls if so ordered?

They don't blindly do anything.  But they do fight for individual liberty.  I got no problem with them standing up for themselves.  There will be consequences if they don't qualify for an exemption, but they are Americans with rights too. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2021, 05:07:41 PM »

Covid is a highly contagious disease that is deadly to some and people in the military live in very close quarters

It would not be idiotic, as recent studies are suggesting that natural immunity is stronger then the vax.  Couple that with the fact the to most healthy folks, this virus is beatable, and the military should be the most healthy around.  It's an easy argument if you open your mind.

Also, it makes sense politically, as any mandates for the general public that the military are exempt from would look odd.
Y

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2021, 05:13:18 PM »
They don't blindly do anything.  But they do fight for individual liberty.  I got no problem with them standing up for themselves.  There will be consequences if they don't qualify for an exemption, but they are Americans with rights too. 

I think they follow orders if they want to be Seals.

Do you think Seals get to pick and choose what they do and do not do?

Ideology is not part of the package.  Theirs is not to reason why, theirs is but to do and die.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2021, 05:17:52 PM »
I think they follow orders.

True.  They absolutely follow lawful orders.  They don't "blindly" follow orders. 

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2021, 05:20:46 PM »
True.  They absolutely follow lawful orders.  They don't "blindly" follow orders. 

And you think being ordered to get an innoculation is an unlawful order?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2021, 05:23:36 PM »
And you think being ordered to get an innoculation is an unlawful order?

I think it's a lawful order.  Never said it wasn't.  But there are exemptions, if they qualify. 

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2021, 05:26:09 PM »

Close quarters, indeed.  The virus spread on my old ship, the USS Theodore Roosevelt.  1,200 infections, one death.  The vast majority on active duty don’t need the vaccine, because they are much healthier than the average American.

No Bill of Rights during the Revolutionary war – and we were in an existential war.  Furthermore, knowledge of smallpox went back centuries, so Washington’s orders made sense.  The inoculations we received in boot camp had been around for generations, nothing experimental about them.

Information about this novel Corona virus is new and evolving, and a lot of the information is being ignored if not suppressed – that’s political.  Recall the W.H.O. redefining herd immunity in June of last year to exclude immunity conferred by infection, and only include immunity via inoculation – political.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2021, 05:54:42 PM »
Close quarters, indeed.  The virus spread on my old ship, the USS Theodore Roosevelt.  1,200 infections, one death.  The vast majority on active duty don’t need the vaccine, because they are much healthier than the average American.

No Bill of Rights during the Revolutionary war – and we were in an existential war.  Furthermore, knowledge of smallpox went back centuries, so Washington’s orders made sense.  The inoculations we received in boot camp had been around for generations, nothing experimental about them.

Information about this novel Corona virus is new and evolving, and a lot of the information is being ignored if not suppressed – that’s political.  Recall the W.H.O. redefining herd immunity in June of last year to exclude immunity conferred by infection, and only include immunity via inoculation – political.

and what is the "political" motivation again

must be something to gain if it's political

whatever the reason I assume it's the same political gain that the people running Fox News think they are going to get from requiring the vaccine or daily testing

what is it?

Could it just be an economic benefit

Is it cheaper to keep people from getting sick than to have to take care of them when they get sick (especially if they get REALLY SICK)

I guess no one in the military is in any danger of giving the disease to their family or kids either

https://federalnewsnetwork.com/federal-newscast/2021/09/military-covid-deaths-rise-sharply-among-the-unvaccinated/

https://news.usni.org/2021/09/20/13th-sailor-dies-from-covid-19-complications

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2021, 05:58:45 PM »

Amen to the reduction-in-force thing. Stricter physical fitness assessment standards, the "go-up-or-go-home" promotion standards, bonuses to get people to retire earlier, etc.

The only NEC in the Navy that is always "Critically undermanned" is EOD (explosive ordinance disposal).

As I said elsewhere, THANK GOD I'm not in the uniform under Sleepy Joe's watch. It was bad enough under Obama.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2021, 06:06:44 PM »
Amen to the reduction-in-force thing. Stricter physical fitness assessment standards, the "go-up-or-go-home" promotion standards, bonuses to get people to retire earlier, etc.

The only NEC in the Navy that is always "Critically undermanned" is EOD (explosive ordinance disposal).

As I said elsewhere, THANK GOD I'm not in the uniform under Sleepy Joe's watch. It was bad enough under Obama.

It was bad under Clinton too.  And Carter.  Now Biden.  A definite pattern.