Author Topic: The Liberal Outrage Of The Week  (Read 113315 times)

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
Re: The Liberal Outrage Of The Week
« Reply #550 on: January 08, 2021, 06:51:08 PM »
 >:(

Apple Has Threatened To Ban Parler From The App Store

The social networking app favored by conservatives has been given 24 hours to institute a moderation policy.

A few hours later, Google issued a similar ultimatum telling Parler that its app's listing in the Google Play store would be suspended until it implements a moderation plan that will address "this ongoing and urgent public safety threat."

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanmac/apple-threatens-ban-parler

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #551 on: January 08, 2021, 08:02:36 PM »
>:(

Apple Has Threatened To Ban Parler From The App Store

The social networking app favored by conservatives has been given 24 hours to institute a moderation policy.

A few hours later, Google issued a similar ultimatum telling Parler that its app's listing in the Google Play store would be suspended until it implements a moderation plan that will address "this ongoing and urgent public safety threat."

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanmac/apple-threatens-ban-parler

What did you think would happen after last Wednesday's horror show caused in a large part by one insane person who instigated a violent insurgence unlike anything that has ever happened in this country previously via his Twitter account and public rallies. If this backlash comes as a surprise to you, you most likely failed civics.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #552 on: January 08, 2021, 08:11:48 PM »
Welcome to Bidens America, say what dummycrats want you to or get banned!!

1 Amendment down, more to follow.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #553 on: January 09, 2021, 01:01:13 AM »
What did you think would happen after last Wednesday's horror show caused in a large part by one insane person who instigated a violent insurgence unlike anything that has ever happened in this country previously via his Twitter account and public rallies. If this backlash comes as a surprise to you, you most likely failed civics.

DC police and the Feds failed to monitor Twitter, FB, and youtube, which carried open calls for action in DC.  Those three have an aggregate of over 5 billion accounts.  Parler is a non-player in social media with less than 10 million accounts, but it’s the one getting the screws.

If you think Parler is to blame, you’re tilting at windmills and fail at basic math.

stockbridge2112

• Getbig II
« Reply #554 on: January 09, 2021, 05:04:33 AM »
This from a company using slave labor.  Way to go Apple users.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #555 on: January 09, 2021, 09:32:35 AM »
DC police and the Feds failed to monitor Twitter, FB, and youtube, which carried open calls for action in DC.  Those three have an aggregate of over 5 billion accounts.  Parler is a non-player in social media with less than 10 million accounts, but it’s the one getting the screws.

If you think Parler is to blame, you’re tilting at windmills and fail at basic math.
Big tech pointing the blame at Parler is simply a distraction to get attention off of their own assault on freedom of speech.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Most Pitiful Victim Thread In The History of Get Big
« Reply #556 on: January 14, 2021, 09:24:32 PM »
Thread title change. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #557 on: January 14, 2021, 09:48:48 PM »
I'm way behind, but President Trump challenges the election results. 

President Trump tells people to peacefully and patriotically protest. 

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #558 on: January 14, 2021, 10:08:40 PM »
^TDS^.  Oh yeah, it's real.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #559 on: January 23, 2021, 08:51:51 PM »
https://apnews.com/article/sacramento-california-coronavirus-pandemic-gavin-newsom-38bb44ea7cb39eab9f6f6c621daeaf10

California keeps key virus data out of public sight

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California Gov. Gavin Newsom has from the start said his coronavirus policy decisions would be driven by data shared with the public to provide maximum transparency.

But with the state starting to emerge from its worst surge, his administration won’t disclose key information that will help determine when his latest stay-at-home order is lifted.

State health officials said they rely on a very complex set of measurements that would confuse and potentially mislead the public if they were made public.

Dr. Lee Riley, chairman of the University of California, Berkeley School of Public Health infectious disease division, disagreed.

“There is more uncertainty created by NOT releasing the data that only the state has access to,” he said in an email. Its release would allow outside experts to assess its value for projecting trends and the resulting decisions on lifting restrictions, he wrote.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #560 on: January 24, 2021, 11:55:05 AM »
https://apnews.com/article/sacramento-california-coronavirus-pandemic-gavin-newsom-38bb44ea7cb39eab9f6f6c621daeaf10

California keeps key virus data out of public sight

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California Gov. Gavin Newsom has from the start said his coronavirus policy decisions would be driven by data shared with the public to provide maximum transparency.

But with the state starting to emerge from its worst surge, his administration won’t disclose key information that will help determine when his latest stay-at-home order is lifted.

State health officials said they rely on a very complex set of measurements that would confuse and potentially mislead the public if they were made public.

Dr. Lee Riley, chairman of the University of California, Berkeley School of Public Health infectious disease division, disagreed.

“There is more uncertainty created by NOT releasing the data that only the state has access to,” he said in an email. Its release would allow outside experts to assess its value for projecting trends and the resulting decisions on lifting restrictions, he wrote.

Idiots
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #561 on: April 23, 2021, 04:47:46 PM »
Race to the bottom!  ::)

https://thefederalist.com/2021/04/23/virginia-eliminates-accelerated-math-courses-because-equity/?fbclid=IwAR2qEctylRDAs6tMQWw7hcV3H00S85ZcC1eI1VyPoCgwwWeEL3LYJiVYG90

Virginia Eliminates Accelerated Math Courses Because Equity

“That is not an exaggeration, nor does there appear to be any discretion in how local districts implement this” Serotkin wrote. “All 6th graders will take Foundational Concepts 6. All 7th graders will take Foundational Concepts 7. All 10th graders will take Essential Concepts 10. Only in 11th and 12th grade is there any opportunity for choice in higher math courses.”

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #562 on: April 23, 2021, 05:04:34 PM »

https://thefederalist.com/2021/04/23/virginia-eliminates-accelerated-math-courses-because-equity/?fbclid=IwAR2qEctylRDAs6tMQWw7hcV3H00S85ZcC1eI1VyPoCgwwWeEL3LYJiVYG90

“That is not an exaggeration, nor does there appear to be any discretion in how local districts implement this” Serotkin wrote. “All 6th graders will take Foundational Concepts 6. All 7th graders will take Foundational Concepts 7. All 10th graders will take Essential Concepts 10. Only in 11th and 12th grade is there any opportunity for choice in higher math courses.”

Idiocracy made real.  We need a real Pandemic that makes it a matter of survival of the fittest not existence for the shittest.

Liberal cucks are the bane of Civilization.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #563 on: April 23, 2021, 10:42:23 PM »

Welp, the Asians will not be having this at all.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #564 on: May 04, 2021, 04:25:01 PM »
From sea to shining sea…

https://reason.com/2021/05/04/california-math-framework-woke-equity-calculus/

"All students deserve powerful mathematics; we reject ideas of natural gifts and talents," reads a bulletpoint in chapter one of the framework. "The belief that 'I treat everyone the same' is insufficient: Active efforts in mathematics teaching are required in order to counter the cultural forces that have led to and continue to perpetuate current inequities."

The entire second chapter of the framework is about connecting math to social justice concepts like bias and racism: "Teachers can support discussions that center mathematical reasoning rather than issues of status and bias by intentionally defining what it means to do and learn mathematics together in ways that include and highlight the languages, identities, and practices of historically marginalized communities." Teachers should also think creatively about what math even entails: "To encourage truly equitable and engaging mathematics classrooms we need to broaden perceptions of mathematics beyond methods and answers so that students come to view mathematics as a connected, multi-dimensional subject that is about sense making and reasoning, to which they can contribute and belong."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #565 on: May 19, 2021, 10:23:56 AM »
Israel defends itself from terrorist attacks.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #566 on: May 19, 2021, 10:52:46 AM »
Israel defends itself from terrorist attacks.

I'm trying hard to ignore the news about what is going on there, because I feel like I've overdosed on the (bad) news and it is getting me down. Doing this is proving to be a lot of work.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #567 on: May 19, 2021, 11:07:01 AM »
I'm trying hard to ignore the news about what is going on there, because I feel like I've overdosed on the (bad) news and it is getting me down. Doing this is proving to be a lot of work.

I have not watched network news since the day before the November election, and I'm happier because of it.  But I still get news online. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #568 on: May 19, 2021, 11:49:14 AM »
I have not watched network news since the day before the November election, and I'm happier because of it.  But I still get news online.

I'm thinking of canceling my subscriptions to various news sources that email me news updates constantly, filling up my inbox. I stopped reading most of the awhile back.

Unfortunately, I investigated some of the sources Coach uses and probably submitted my email to read an article, so that I get "News" from them that is usually one headline and almost no content unless you pay....essentially this isn't the news it is an advertising scam. Every so often I'll click on a link and it takes me to the Washington Post and lets me read an entire article. Most of the time, like those other news outlets, they  tease you with a sensational headline and cover the article with a subscribe request.

The only online news source I subscribed to was the New York Times. They provide plenty of content for the subscription price of $1.00 a week. Plenty has rapidly become way too much like 5 or 6 emails from them every day with tons of repetition. Lately, I just delete all of them. I should cancel the subscription. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #569 on: May 19, 2021, 06:44:27 PM »
I'm thinking of canceling my subscriptions to various news sources that email me news updates constantly, filling up my inbox. I stopped reading most of the awhile back.

Unfortunately, I investigated some of the sources Coach uses and probably submitted my email to read an article, so that I get "News" from them that is usually one headline and almost no content unless you pay....essentially this isn't the news it is an advertising scam. Every so often I'll click on a link and it takes me to the Washington Post and lets me read an entire article. Most of the time, like those other news outlets, they  tease you with a sensational headline and cover the article with a subscribe request.

The only online news source I subscribed to was the New York Times. They provide plenty of content for the subscription price of $1.00 a week. Plenty has rapidly become way too much like 5 or 6 emails from them every day with tons of repetition. Lately, I just delete all of them. I should cancel the subscription.

I never pay for online news.  I broke up with ESPN when they started putting too many substantive things behind paywalls and became too political.  I refuse to pay any news site for information.  It's too easy to find it for free.  I made the mistake of joining email lists, but I unsubscribed because I don't like getting spammed.   

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #570 on: May 23, 2021, 05:41:13 PM »
1+1 = Save the Whales

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-05-21/why-california-math-plan-riling-up-parents-teachers

Here’s how California’s bold plan to change math instruction could help or hurt students

"One vignette presents to students the problem of balancing the survival of endangered bowhead whales, decimated by commercial whaling, with the needs of a native population that has relied on hunting whales for food, economic sustenance and cultural traditions.

"Students must develop a plan that would allow hunting while also permitting the whale species to survive and thrive. The variables with mathematical components would include the growth rate and life cycle of the whale and the food yield and economic impact of the hunt.

"Commissioners suggested that the mathematics could be deepened further by bringing in variables related to climate change, which could affect whale fertility and food sources as well as migration patterns."

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #571 on: May 23, 2021, 06:57:05 PM »
I never pay for online news.  I broke up with ESPN when they started putting too many substantive things behind paywalls and became too political.  I refuse to pay any news site for information.  It's too easy to find it for free.  I made the mistake of joining email lists, but I unsubscribed because I don't like getting spammed.   

You are a wise man. Wiser than I am with regards to this matter.

This morning when I opened my email inbox, I checked off all the news items and deleted the lot, before I was tempted to read them.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #572 on: May 23, 2021, 08:01:13 PM »

Numerous schools, colleges, and libraries have accounts with newspapers.  You can get their usernames and PWs from their websites to login to the NY Times, WaPo, WSJ, etc.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #573 on: June 05, 2021, 03:50:38 PM »
Profit and Loss Statements and Balance Sheets allow for creative accounting.  A few years ago Amazon paid no Federal income taxes against $140B in revenue.  This tax will amount to an IQ test for large corporations' CFOs and accountants.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2021/06/05/g7-tax-us-yellen/

G-7 countries reach agreement on 15 percent minimum global tax rate

The accord announced by finance ministers could reshape tax obligations of multinational corporations

“That global minimum tax would end the race-to-the-bottom in corporate taxation, and ensure fairness for the middle class and working people in the U.S. and around the world.”

In remarks at the close of the meeting, Yellen told reporters that the agreement represented the revival of multilateral cooperation after years of strain under President Trump.

Under the deal, the U.S. is expected to give up some taxing rights on overseas profits of U.S.-based tech giants.

The deal enables countries to tax 20 percent of the profits of “the largest and most profitable multinational enterprises” that have profit margins of at least 10 percent.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #574 on: June 10, 2021, 07:21:43 AM »
Another liberal lie completely demolished.