Author Topic: The Mature thread  (Read 230859 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: The Mature Thread
« Reply #7550 on: July 19, 2015, 11:10:31 AM »
Subaru is the signature car in the Pacific N.W. You see them everywhere. I call them Subarude because the drivers of them drive like they own the road. If I get one, I'll have to practice driving like that.  :D
My brother and his wife have had about a dozen of them, all different models. Been through snow, rain and deserts with his family and no issues.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
The Mature Thread
« Reply #7551 on: July 19, 2015, 03:46:07 PM »
My brother and his wife have had about a dozen of them, all different models. Been through snow, rain and deserts with his family and no issues.

We get lots of rain and not much snow. When we do have snow, the street in front of my home is closed because I live on a steep and curvy road. Lots of cars end up off the road or crashing into each other. I've heard that on top of having a wrecked auto, they also get a fairly expensive ticket for violating the sign. I've seen plenty of Subarus making it up the hill with no problem. AWD would be great for those couple of days we have snow.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #7552 on: July 19, 2015, 05:29:11 PM »
We get lots of rain and not much snow. When we do have snow, the street in front of my home is closed because I live on a steep and curvy road. Lots of cars end up off the road or crashing into each other. I've heard that on top of having a wrecked auto, they also get a fairly expensive ticket for violating the sign. I've seen plenty of Subarus making it up the hill with no problem. AWD would be great for those couple of days we have snow.
Not to mention they are fun to drive.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: The Mature thread
« Reply #7553 on: July 21, 2015, 01:27:06 PM »
When I am once again worthy,I will dominate this damn thread.   :-[ 

;)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
The Mature Thread
« Reply #7554 on: July 21, 2015, 01:41:53 PM »
When I am once again worthy,I will dominate this damn thread.   :-[  

;)

Why are you not worthy and why would you want to dominate this thread?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #7555 on: July 24, 2015, 06:30:06 PM »
When I am once again worthy,I will dominate this damn thread.   :-[ 

;)
What a coincidence, many of the guys in this thread enjoy being dominated.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7556 on: July 24, 2015, 10:39:59 PM »
What a coincidence, many of the guys in this thread enjoy being dominated.

Too funny. Never thought about being dominated. I am a control freak. I suspect this means I have to be the dominator. Sometimes it might be interesting to let go of this and let someone else take all the responsibility....nah, can't do it.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #7557 on: July 25, 2015, 04:55:31 PM »
Too funny. Never thought about being dominated. I am a control freak. I suspect this means I have to be the dominator. Sometimes it might be interesting to let go of this and let someone else take all the responsibility....nah, can't do it.
Does your broom closet hide leather masks, handcuffs and various whips?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #7558 on: July 27, 2015, 05:11:23 AM »
I don't post much.

Own two Subaru Outbacks.

57 - Training since 16 with a few gaps, train at home with freeweights.  No drugs.

Train 3 times a week, whole body.  Superset 2 exercises together as I go.

Typical workout...

Bench press sets of 3 reps up to 10 sets

Hacksquat or deadlift, Jefferson lift or variation, 3 reps sets, 5 to 10 sets

Power cleans 5 sets of 3 reps

Leg curls 3 sets of 12 reps

Press behind neck 4 sets of 6

Pullups or chinups 5 sets of 5 with added weight

Calf raise - superset 3 sets of 45 to 60 seconds alternating toe position with bodyweight

A couple planks

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7559 on: July 27, 2015, 07:47:03 PM »
Does your broom closet hide leather masks, handcuffs and various whips?

How'd you know?  Come on over and I will give you a personalized demonstration.  ;D

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #7560 on: May 03, 2016, 08:19:42 AM »
my second Training after a (minor) pec injury......2nd. back exercise (Pullover-machine, which also trains the pecs a bit....so i did it carefully and not Stretch to the Limit (1-2 inches more normally). In between the 2 working sets 140 kg + 145 kg(320 lbs.), i did a short latspread.....iīm 52 years and 7 Months young/old, Training since 37 years. My act. BW is 255-258 lbs.

wish every mature-trainer many more years of good workouts.....

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #7561 on: May 03, 2016, 11:59:17 AM »
my second Training after a (minor) pec injury......2nd. back exercise (Pullover-machine, which also trains the pecs a bit....so i did it carefully and not Stretch to the Limit (1-2 inches more normally). In between the 2 working sets 140 kg + 145 kg(320 lbs.), i did a short latspread.....iīm 52 years and 7 Months young/old, Training since 37 years. My act. BW is 255-258 lbs.

wish every mature-trainer many more years of good workouts.....

Pretty strict form with a good load, props!
Is that an original Nautilus machine?

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #7562 on: May 03, 2016, 03:26:38 PM »
no, thatīs not the original Nautilus pullover....itīs a machine build in Germany in the late 70īs with a 120 kg (264 lbs.) Stack.
Thatīs in my own weight-training room. The machines i get for free from my old Gym-Boss after he closed his Fitnesscenter about 18 Years ago. He said once to me....if you like you can have all plates and machines i canīt sell. You have 2 days to get the equipment out of the gym, "so i did" (get abotu 15 machines, dumbell sets, plates, Barbells,.....so iīm able to train when i like 24 hour. But i also have 1 contract with a local gym, but still use my own Gym when i like to train there.....no one disturbs...my musc is playing. Sometimes i invite Friends to come train in my "home-gym". A stationary bike for Cardio + a Crosstrainer i get also.....and they are still working.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #7563 on: May 03, 2016, 03:36:32 PM »
no, thatīs not the original Nautilus pullover....itīs a machine build in Germany in the late 70īs with a 120 kg (264 lbs.) Stack.
Thatīs in my own weight-training room. The machines i get for free from my old Gym-Boss after he closed his Fitnesscenter about 18 Years ago. He said once to me....if you like you can have all plates and machines i canīt sell. You have 2 days to get the equipment out of the gym, "so i did" (get abotu 15 machines, dumbell sets, plates, Barbells,.....so iīm able to train when i like 24 hour. But i also have 1 contract with a local gym, but still use my own Gym when i like to train there.....no one disturbs...my musc is playing. Sometimes i invite Friends to come train in my "home-gym". A stationary bike for Cardio + a Crosstrainer i get also.....and there are still working.

That's a damn sweet deal, will drop you a PM in case I visit Germany :D
This reminds me to a recent conversation with a gym owner, who tries to sell a high end equipment line with air compression for 15k. So far, he hasn't found a party who's interested, so in case I find someone, 1k will be mine.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7564 on: May 04, 2016, 12:58:24 PM »
An advantage of being mature ancient enough to be on Medicare is the Silver Sneakers program. I recently discovered that I can belong to any gym that accepts Silver Sneakers for free. So far, in addition to the gym I've been a member at for the last 35 years, I've joined LA Fitness and 24 Hour Fitness. I am able to use any of their facilities as often as I want. Sure helps with location and routine boredom. Each gym offers some different equipment.

One of the LA Fitness gyms I've tried has a saltwater pool which I've not yet used, but I will. It also has a lot of different equipment I've never used before. I've been to three LA Fitness locations. All of them are unique. Some are better than others. Yesterday afternoon, I joined 24 Hour Fitness. The location is well equipped but was somewhat crowded at 4:30 p.m. when I toured the place.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7565 on: May 04, 2016, 01:11:04 PM »
Subaru is an awesome little car, all wheel drive and easily under 30K.

I ended up getting another Mazda. It is a CX-3, which has AWD, leather and suede interior, sun roof and so many safety and convenience features that it nearly drives itself. All I have to do is steer. :) It also gets up to 32 mpg. I have been averaging a little over 28 mpg. The four banger really goes and goes even better when I put it in sport mode.

The car cost me about $30,000 (I'm not much of a bargainer). I did manage to get a 1.67% interest rate, financing it for 5 years which was better than the rate the dealer offered.

This is the exterior and interior color combo.

rocco-x

• Getbig III
  • when all else fails just blame it on the "man"
« Reply #7566 on: July 22, 2016, 02:01:19 PM »
Damn flex that's the way to represent nj lol...big quads brother.
  I gotta get the balls up to post my pre relapse,active f**k up and now clean n sober pics.just back into the gym doing some basic newb shit till I get used to the soreness. Then onto a DC routine. I WILL return bigger better than before.
   How i never made GB my ultimate go to home forum all the yrs I've been on the boards n here idk.
  Just glad I found this place again.

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #7567 on: August 29, 2016, 11:29:09 PM »
the years going by "very quickly". Get 53 in some weeks, Training over 37 Years, 254 lbs. current BW (last sunday). itīs not easy but iīm trying hard to slow down the aging process.

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #7568 on: September 05, 2016, 04:27:44 AM »
yesterday evening working out in Thailand.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #7569 on: September 05, 2016, 04:36:57 AM »
Looking good man, have you considered competing in the masters division?

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #7570 on: September 05, 2016, 08:09:41 AM »
not really....i can retire at age 60 (police-officer/criminalist since 1981).....so the + 60 years class maybe is an option, but i don't know how i look in 7 years....hope i can keep my motivation high through the next years. In the last 3 years i was able not to loose musclemass or strength. But every year you get older the "war" against aging gets harder, and of course you have to deal with it. It's also a difference if you train for yourself or to compete against other athletes. If you compete you go "all in" and don't care enough on your health, only thinking of that "damn competition" which is coming closer and closer.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7571 on: September 06, 2016, 01:24:13 PM »
JUST TURNED 48 IN JULY...

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #7572 on: September 06, 2016, 04:11:52 PM »
JUST TURNED 48 IN JULY...

Italians look good at any age..

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7573 on: September 06, 2016, 06:50:43 PM »
Italians look good at any age..
8),,thanks man,,,

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #7574 on: September 10, 2016, 09:16:10 AM »
next month 53.........Holiday pic from 3 days ago in Thailand. 6 "2" (190 cm), 117 kg act. 258 lbs.