Author Topic: IroNat  (Read 292336 times)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: IroNat
« Reply #1525 on: January 16, 2023, 02:04:50 PM »
1/16/23

Bench press - 4x10-12
Db shrugs - 4x15-20
Leg extensions - 4x20
Leg curls - 4x8-15
Seated calf - 4x20
Behind neck press - 4x8-12
Bent over cable v-bar tricep extension - 3x10-20
Hammer db curl - 3x20

Looks good! 

I will use it as tomorrow's inspiration as I think I need to rest more.  No more twice a day for 2.5 to 3 hours, LOL!  Damn...I had no life back then which is why I gave HIT a try more than once. ;D

It's weird. Prior to this I tried loading the DBs in the new rack.  Reality weighs a lot, dammit.  ;D  I do know that Dumbells made up of 10lb plates are too wide to fit more than 3 on each of the levels of this rack. 

And now for stoopid thoughts by me:

Every time I try  to lift something that was once easy I think of just how big a fuckwit asshole bhanky is and all because he chooses to be.  If my ego gets out of control here, please let me know, brother!  I know I can be a bit "wordy" and I know why because I use it as revenge against some of the memories of my childhood.  When i started lifting I focused instead on getting as big and strong as I could so that people could not physically hurt me and it pretty much worked. 

bhanky just keeps  beating himself up and only he knows why and only he can stop this behavior of his.

Thanks for the inspiration, Nat!  I very much appreciate it.

Oh...I had to look up "Iago"  to spell it.   ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #1526 on: January 16, 2023, 05:02:29 PM »
I always had best results with full body and a day rest between workouts.

Bhanky must have been abused as a child.

Scott, you can do no wrong.  You are the Shakespeare of Getbig.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #1527 on: January 17, 2023, 04:48:52 PM »
Hey guys,looks like you`re both doing great !

Despite my broken rib hurting more than when Iinitially broke it ......I`m gonna` start back soon and just do whatever I can.......anything that doesn`t aggravate the rib,which probably won`t be much.

Gonna` start stretching too......been saying this for over 20 years so don`t hold me to it.  LOL  ;D

Keep pumping!

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1528 on: January 17, 2023, 05:17:30 PM »
Hey guys,looks like you`re both doing great !

Despite my broken rib hurting more than when Iinitially broke it ......I`m gonna` start back soon and just do whatever I can.......anything that doesn`t aggravate the rib,which probably won`t be much.

Gonna` start stretching too......been saying this for over 20 years so don`t hold me to it.  LOL  ;D

Keep pumping!

You probably have some scar tissue in there.

At some point you can do some pullovers to break it up.

You have to heal up though first.  Takes time.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1529 on: January 18, 2023, 08:18:15 AM »
1/18/23

Bench press - 5,5,3
Wide lat pulldown - 3x12-15
Body weight squats - 3x20
Db pullovers - 3x20
Db shrugs - 3x15
Side db raises - 3x12
Deadlift - 3x5
Close grip bench - 2x8
Hammer curls - 2x8
1 leg calf raise - 2 sets max reps

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1530 on: January 18, 2023, 10:28:48 AM »
You probably have some scar tissue in there.

At some point you can do some pullovers to break it up.

You have to heal up though first.  Takes time.
Since I train mainly at home DB Pullovers is and always has been a favorite of mine.....just gotta` wait until this damn rib heals in order to do them.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1531 on: January 18, 2023, 10:29:51 AM »
1/18/23

Bench press - 5,5,3
Db pullovers - 3x20
Db shrugs - 3x15
Side db raises - 3x12
Deadlift - 3x5
Close grip bench - 2x8
Hammer curls - 2x8
1 leg calf raise - 2 sets max reps
Good one,but were the Hammer Curls performed with your back against a wall....if not,they don`t count.  :D

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1532 on: January 18, 2023, 11:48:05 AM »
Good one,but were the Hammer Curls performed with your back against a wall....if not,they don`t count.  :D

Ha-ha!  ;D

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1533 on: January 18, 2023, 01:42:48 PM »

Ha-ha!  ;D

Gentlemen, I was going to train shoulders and arms today but to be honest, I do not think I can stop laughing at the mere thought of trying to...curl.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1534 on: January 20, 2023, 07:32:26 AM »
1/20/23

Bench press - 18,8,8
Incline flyes - 3x12-20
Barbell rows - 3x12
Leg curls - 3x10-15
Behind neck press - 15,12,12
Db shrugs - 3x15-20
Band curls (rehab) - 9x20
Seated calf raise - 3x15-20

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1535 on: January 20, 2023, 04:11:12 PM »
Looks good.  I cannot train for a few days as I fell trying to get out  of my truck at the butcher shop on the way home after leaving the doctor.  Now black and blue  and while it doesn''t hurt I may have to go in to get checked.  I have never broken anything other than when my skull was crushed but that was when I was 4. 

I am really grumpy as I thought i was doing good nd then i am reminded that I am what I am.  I shall read this thread and the other one and maybe drop in to insult bhanky.  I tried to reason with that fucktard but again I am reading like a retard as I am mad at myself.  Thanks for the inspiration brother!

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1536 on: January 20, 2023, 06:31:55 PM »
Looks good.  I cannot train for a few days as I fell trying to get out  of my truck at the butcher shop on the way home after leaving the doctor.  Now black and blue  and while it doesn''t hurt I may have to go in to get checked.  I have never broken anything other than when my skull was crushed but that was when I was 4. 

I am really grumpy as I thought i was doing good nd then i am reminded that I am what I am.  I shall read this thread and the other one and maybe drop in to insult bhanky.  I tried to reason with that fucktard but again I am reading like a retard as I am mad at myself.  Thanks for the inspiration brother!

Scott,
See how you feel tomorrow or the next.
Bhanky is a glutton for punishment.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1537 on: January 23, 2023, 06:55:30 AM »
1/23/23

Dips - 6x6
Wide lat pulldowns - 6x12-15
High pulls from knee - 6x6
Behind neck press - 6x6
Band curls rehab - 12x20

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1538 on: January 26, 2023, 07:14:41 AM »
1/26/23

Weighted dips - 6x6 superset Wide lat pulldowns - 6x15
Squat off pins - 6x6
High pulls from knee - 6x6
Behind neck press - 3x15
Band curls rehab - 2x20
Plate pinch isometrics

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1539 on: January 26, 2023, 03:59:51 PM »
Dips...Still cannot do a single bodyweight dip but after resting all this time I  did train today.  Five sets of 15 to 20 reps on the Smith Machine for bench presses  with 30lbs. and also five sets of 15 reps each with 55 lbs. on Smith Machine barbel rows.

I then rested and tried to do a bench dip with just me.  Nope.  Same with a single close grip palms up chin, i could hang there but could not pull myself up.  It will happen but it will take time.  I was at the doctor earlier this morning and they said I could exercise again with light weight and more reps.  YES!

When I first started training I did my dips at the corner of the kitchen countertop.  It worked.  I am not trying that yet so a bench dip will have to do.   I am allowed to eat beef again (not a lot) but mostly I consume chicken and tuna.  I feel "skinny-fat", LOL!

Thanks for the inspiration Nat!   

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1540 on: January 27, 2023, 05:29:53 AM »
Dips...Still cannot do a single bodyweight dip but after resting all this time I  did train today.  Five sets of 15 to 20 reps on the Smith Machine for bench presses  with 30lbs. and also five sets of 15 reps each with 55 lbs. on Smith Machine barbel rows.

I then rested and tried to do a bench dip with just me.  Nope.  Same with a single close grip palms up chin, i could hang there but could not pull myself up.  It will happen but it will take time.  I was at the doctor earlier this morning and they said I could exercise again with light weight and more reps.  YES!

When I first started training I did my dips at the corner of the kitchen countertop.  It worked.  I am not trying that yet so a bench dip will have to do.   I am allowed to eat beef again (not a lot) but mostly I consume chicken and tuna.  I feel "skinny-fat", LOL!

Thanks for the inspiration Nat!   

Hi Scott,
Think about it.  A dip is using your entire bodyweight.  It's HEAVY.
Same with a pullup.
So don't feel bad and don't rush it.
Just keep moving, pal.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1541 on: January 27, 2023, 06:59:26 AM »
Hi Scott,
Think about it.  A dip is using your entire bodyweight.  It's HEAVY.
Same with a pullup.
So don't feel bad and don't rush it.
Just keep moving, pal.

Thanks!  I get frustrated until I see someone far worse off than I.  Or I read a bhanky reply... ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1542 on: January 30, 2023, 06:49:11 AM »
1/30/23

Behind neck press - 6,6,6,6,6,8(amrap)
Weighted dips - 6,6,6,6,6,10(amrap)
Behind the back barbell shrugs - 6x8-10
1 leg calf raises - 4 sets
Plate pinch isometric
Ab work

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1543 on: February 02, 2023, 07:17:14 AM »
2/2/23

Behind neck press - 6,6,6,6,6,8(amrap)
Bent leg deadlift - 6x6
Weighted dips - 6,6,6,6,6,8(amrap)
Behind the back barbell shrugs - 6,6,6,6,6,9(amrap
Seated calf raises - 4 sets
Ab work

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1544 on: February 06, 2023, 06:48:44 AM »
2/5/23

Weighted dips - 6,6,6,6,6,10(amrap)
Bent leg deadlift - 6x6
Behind neck press - 6,6,6,6,6,6(amrap)
Behind the back barbell shrugs - 6x8
Straight arm lat pulldowns - 6x6
1 leg calf raises - 3 sets
Ab work

Straight arm lat pulldown

Behind the back barbell shrug

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1545 on: February 07, 2023, 10:08:40 AM »
Got home from the doctor just over an  hour ago...They told me I could ramp up but keep it lite. Soooooo...I trained for 1 hour and did 5 supersets of DB laters with Smif Machine shoulder press for 5 to 30 reps with a weight that would make bhanky come back just to laugh at it!

Then 5 sets of one arm DB laterals for 10 reps each.  Tiny weight but I supersetted them with tricep rope pushdowns for 20 to 40 reps. Tiny weight.

Then 6 sets of BB curls tri-set with a double dose before and after the BB curls of tricep pushdowns with a bar for 10 to 20 reps.  Itty bitty weight.

Then 3 sets of DB curls superset with close grip Smif Machine tricep bench press for 5 to 15 reps. 

Lastly I did one set of DB curls with 10lbs for 50 reps followed by one set of tricep pushdowns with a bar for 50 reps.

They want me to get my heart rate up and it reached a max of 133 bpm and I was over 100 bpm for 43 minutes of the one hour I trained today.  I wear two "smart" watches that will alert me if my heart goes wacky because I will not  know if I am having a heart attack due to that congenital problem of mine.

I am allowed to eat beef now because I am anemic but I keep it to between 1 and 2.5 lbs a day which s to say one of my meals.  Because of my metabolism my caloric intake has been upped to 3,000 to 3,500 a day now. If I cannot train I drop caloric intake to 2,000 to 2,500 for that day.   A while back I was told that I am to no longer eat a family size box of Cheerios or Raisen Bran every two days as they said that was a bit too much for them to allow even though whatever the tests they ran showed no ill effects.  I am weird, hence they are studying me.   This morning prior to going to see the doctors I had a can of tuna with some avocado mayonnaise and 64 oz of iced tea mixed with some red fruit juice.  Mostly tea.

I am EXCITED!  I know I will be stiff two days from now but that is nothing compared to having kinda-sorta worked out.    I like high reps and prior the ClotShot I would sometimes do 5 sets of 50 for biceps and 10 sets of 50 for triceps. 

Nat, thank you for the inspiration here.     My apologies for the typos as I am alone with no noe to proof read and I am as I said, excited.  My wife checked on me in the garage before she left to see our daughter and grandchildren  but she had to get going and so I aknow i made many errors .

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1546 on: February 07, 2023, 10:17:19 AM »
That's really good to hear, Scott.  Congrats.

Just don't overdo it.  Plenty of time to improve.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1547 on: February 07, 2023, 10:19:08 AM »
That's really good to hear, Scott.  Congrats.

Just don't overdo it.  Plenty of time to improve.

Thanks. I know I went a bit over today but it was good news and I celebrated!! I even got a pump from trainng!

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1548 on: February 07, 2023, 10:36:20 AM »
Thanks. I know I went a bit over today but it was good news and I celebrated!! I even got a pump from trainng!

Shhh!  Don't let Bhanky know about it.

He will be jealous.

:D

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1549 on: February 07, 2023, 05:01:41 PM »
Shhh!  Don't let Bhanky know about it.

He will be jealous.

:D

;D