Author Topic: Inflation Rate (CPI) at 4.2%  (Read 2812 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Inflation Rate (CPI) at 4.2%
« on: May 12, 2021, 01:11:58 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/us-inflation-consumer-price-index-april-2021-11620781266

This is a 13 year high. Hopefully, it doesn't get out of hand, but I'm not optimistic. I've been predicting inflation for a while. So it begins..

"1"

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Re: Inflation Rate (CPI) at 4.2%
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 01:24:17 PM »
give out free money without requirement for production... go figure....

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 01:25:54 PM »
"Well inflation you see, you got a tire. A tire is a thing, that goes round. Inflation comes 'round, goes 'round with each administration"
"You see, (checks flash cards) you see, when you put some money into something, well, uhmm, where was I.. Oh ya, the tire was uhmm leaking air"
"We wont stand for leaks, mmkay. We need to be one with China, some of their horrific slave labor is just a thing, a culture, uhmm, culture club".
"Cmon mannn"???  (pauses to listen to the circus music going off in his head) Gimme a break"

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 01:27:59 PM »
food for thought...

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 01:32:05 PM »
give out free money without requirement for production... go figure....

Good old Joe doesn't get it. The printing press keeps spitting out dollars ($6 Trillion to be exact) in order to fund the:

American Rescue Plan
American Jobs Plan
American Families Plan

The above listed have one unified, synonymous term that can encompass all, "WELFARE". The narrative that he plans to foot the bill by increasing both corporate and personal taxes is bullshit. Our economy is in a slump. You can't tax that which hasn't been earned.

"1"

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 01:32:59 PM »
Orange Man was mean . . . . . .  ::)

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 01:40:51 PM »
Just get a savings account with 0.5% interest  :D

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2021, 01:41:17 PM »
Trump's fault.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2021, 01:46:18 PM »
I believe current inflation rate has less to do with printing money and more to do with shortages and low supply of goods due to shutting everything down for a year.  A 3% to 4% yearly inflation rate is okay by me.  Wages and stock prices will go up too.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2021, 02:05:42 PM »
I believe current inflation rate has less to do with printing money and more to do with shortages and low supply of goods due to shutting everything down for a year.  A 3% to 4% yearly inflation rate is okay by me.  Wages and stock prices will go up too.

I believe it's a product of both. In other words, you're also right.

We are inflating the circulating amount of US dollars and giving a good chunk of that to people that spend as if there is no tomorrow. This results in an increase to the velocity of money, which will cause prices to rise.

To your point surrounding shortages and the low supply of goods, I think that further compounds the problem. The portion of our labor force that's been put on ice, let go or yet to be reinstated is causing a shortage in the supply of both goods and services. As a result of this, both goods and service are more scarce, which in turn makes their limited supply more expensive. Just in April alone, the jobs report showed that only 266,000 jobs were created which was less by about 750,000+ than the low end amount that they were hoping for.

So, I think both points are right because:

Less goods and services + a lot more available currency pumped into our circulating supply = inflation with a translation that amounts to the base PRICE of hard assets (stocks, real estate etc) and basic consumer products to increase.

The silver lining to increasing inflation is that our labor is also an asset, an asset we trade for CASH. Inflation will cause the price of all assets to increase and the cost of our labor will increase to account for the increased cost of attaining all other assets we usually attain with a lower rate of pay. This phenomenon will greatly benefit those with accrued "good" debt (mortgages, private loans etc) and certainly be useful with those that have "bad" debt (credit cards etc).

"1"

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2021, 02:16:36 PM »

A 3% to 4% yearly inflation rate is insanity. Every 5 years everything goes up 20%?

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2021, 03:18:56 PM »
Consequences of too much "free stuff"

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2021, 03:59:01 PM »

A 3% to 4% yearly inflation rate is insanity. Every 5 years everything goes up 20%?

It was between 5% and 13.5% in the 70s and 80s.  We have seen between 3% and more than 5% not long ago.

2008 Inflation rate by month:

4.3   4.0   4.0   3.9   4.2   5.0   5.6   5.4   4.9   3.7   1.1   0.1   3.8 AVERAGE

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/historical-inflation-rates/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2021, 04:17:30 PM »
Consequences of too much "free stuff"

How so?

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2021, 04:30:02 PM »
It was between 5% and 13.5% in the 70s and 80s.  We have seen between 3% and more than 5% not long ago.

2008 Inflation rate by month:

4.3   4.0   4.0   3.9   4.2   5.0   5.6   5.4   4.9   3.7   1.1   0.1   3.8 AVERAGE

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/historical-inflation-rates/

And the 70's and 80's sucked for the value of a dollar! 2008 was also insanity.  It has only been recently that the rate has gotten reasonable:

United States Core Inflation Rate

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2021, 04:30:57 PM »
How so?

Because the US Government prints money to pay for this bullshit.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2021, 04:34:28 PM »
There is a dire consequence to the government demanding that businesses pay a “living wage” to people who do not have “living wage” skills.

People on a fixed income should be absolutely terrified by the Biden administration’s economic policies.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2021, 05:05:45 PM »
There is a dire consequence to the government demanding that businesses pay a “living wage” to people who do not have “living wage” skills.

People on a fixed income should be absolutely terrified by the Biden administration’s economic policies.

Impoverishing savers and the responsible in order to give to the Michelle Obama’s of the world.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2021, 05:06:52 PM »
I hope liberals suffer horribly for this.  Every single one of them.   I hope they are set upon by the demons they thought to loose upon real Americans.

Fuck you you fuckin' fucks.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2021, 06:00:17 PM »
Trump's fault.

Yep...just wait for it

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2021, 07:17:33 PM »
Can't wait for shadowstats to post their update using the old metrics.

karasan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2021, 07:54:15 PM »
FED is constantly borrowing time, they were saying they will raise interest rates when inflation raises to 2.5 percent, they tried and failed miserably about a year ago
They fcking can't not because of covid, without credits they can't keep the music go
They pretend that they can raise interest rates at will but they can't service massive accumulated debt when they raise rates.
If you want to lose sleep, think about what is happening to social security savings
These watered down CPI figures doesn't include many everyday expenses, imagine how much buying power have a security fund will retain in 10 years let alone 20 years.
I have 35 percent of my savings in hard gold.
Good luck fellas, dire times are coming

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2021, 09:33:49 PM »
They are apparently ok with 5% CPI.

They are risking triggering a massive deflationary spiral.

The system is leveraged 25x.

You give free money to people. Those people no longer work therefore productivity drops yet they can purchase available goods. Supply dries up, prices go up, costs go up, margins get squeezed and wages get frozen. Wages will not go up unless mandated by law or unions.

They just caused a property boom with people already max leverage. What do you think breaks when daily costs fly up? They default in their mortgage and people squat. What happened last time we experienced a mass default on mortgages? A global liquidity crisis which is a deflationary.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2021, 04:14:36 AM »
Buying a home right now at these inflated prices is a big mistake.

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2021, 04:47:54 AM »