Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Injury and Rehabilitation

Has anyone tried.............

(1/2) > >>

onlyme:
Prolotherapy.  I mentioned it in another thread and thught about seeing if anyone else has done it.  I love the end results, just the therapy itself is a little painful.  I highly recommend it.  It is really cheap too.

Arnold jr:

--- Quote from: onlyme on February 23, 2006, 10:51:46 AM ---Prolotherapy.  I mentioned it in another thread and thught about seeing if anyone else has done it.  I love the end results, just the therapy itself is a little painful.  I highly recommend it.  It is really cheap too.

--- End quote ---
What is it?

noworries:
I heard of that.  Some guy had it at the gym.  He said it worked better than anything else he tried.  Something about injecting some kind of solution in the joint.  It causes the area to swell.  It supposed to make the area stronger than original.

Arnold jr:
Can someone give a detailed explanation of this?

Shadows_Play:
One of my worker's comp patients had it done.  She ended up having to have knee surgery anyway as it didn't work for her.  I haven't seen a whole lot of it being done around here yet but some orthos and PM&R doctors are starting to do the injections.

Arnold, Jr, here's a short description of it from http://www.ongleyonline.com/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/ongley/webc.cgi/reconstherapy_faqs.html?sid=7v5ANDYR

3. How does the proliferant, or Ongley's Solution, work to heal injured tissues and joints?
For a proliferant to be effective it must be administered by injection to the specific area of damage, and done so Accurately! The accuracy and method of injection are critical to the success of the treatment. Once the proliferant has been introduced, it creates a minor irritation within the injected tissue and the body responds by sending blood to the area. As already mentioned, this is the crux of the body’s natural healing process--the bringing of blood to ordinarily inadequately supplied ligaments and/or tendons as the case may be. Just as a reminder, the blood brings fibroblasts, and these are the essential cell types for new collagen (ligament and tendon material) production and deposition.
In addition to the aforementioned injections, the patient must take an active role in their rehabilitation. A series of exercises to maintain, or improve, their range of motion will be prescribed and expected to be performed faithfully. These exercises are mild yet are specially designed to allow the regeneration to occur without restricting the range of motion of the joint in question. Without these exercises, the joint will not have the characteristics of a joint with a full (normal) range of motion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version