Author Topic: Trump = Winning  (Read 738825 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Trump = Winning
« Reply #425 on: September 21, 2017, 01:56:06 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #426 on: September 21, 2017, 01:57:36 PM »
Trump’s war strategy hailed by Afghan president: ‘A difference of day and night’
By S.A. Miller - The Washington Times - Thursday, September 21, 2017

President Trump received glowing praise Thursday from Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani for the new war strategy, which was credited for turning around the 16-year war against Taliban militants and other radical Islamic terrorists.

“It is a difference of day and night,” Mr. Ghani said at a meeting with Mr. Trump. “The cloud of uncertainty has been lifted, but equally important is your commitment to a political solution at the end of this process.”

Mr. Trump announced the new strategy a month ago. It included setting long-term goals for the war effort, sending more U.S. troops to train and assist the Afghan military and revisions rules of engagement.

Before Mr. Trump took office, President Obama had begun a drawdown of U.S. troops and then halted the pullout as conditions deteriorated.
“You made this decision on the basis of courage and determination. We salute you,” Mr. Ghani said of the renewed commitment to the war.
Mr. Trump met with the Afghanistan president on the sidelines of the U.N. General Assembly in New York.

Mr. Trump said every report he hears from Afghanistan reflects the new fighting spirit.
“The spirit is tremendous,” he said.

Both Mr. Trump and Mr. Ghani stressed that the U.S. forces were serving only as trainers and advisers to Afghan troops who were doing the fighting.

Mr. Trump said the U.S. had no choice but to see the war through to the end. He said there were 20 different terrorist groups in Afghanistan, which was the staging ground for the 9/11 attacks that precipitated the war.

“It’s a hornet’s nest from that standpoint,” Mr. Trump said. “We are hitting them very, very hard and very effectively and we really have no choice but to do it.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/sep/21/trumps-war-strategy-hailed-afghan-president/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #427 on: September 21, 2017, 03:27:40 PM »
Trump’s war strategy hailed by Afghan president: ‘A difference of day and night’
By S.A. Miller - The Washington Times - Thursday, September 21, 2017

President Trump received glowing praise Thursday from Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani for the new war strategy, which was credited for turning around the 16-year war against Taliban militants and other radical Islamic terrorists.

“It is a difference of day and night,” Mr. Ghani said at a meeting with Mr. Trump. “The cloud of uncertainty has been lifted, but equally important is your commitment to a political solution at the end of this process.”

Mr. Trump announced the new strategy a month ago. It included setting long-term goals for the war effort, sending more U.S. troops to train and assist the Afghan military and revisions rules of engagement.

Before Mr. Trump took office, President Obama had begun a drawdown of U.S. troops and then halted the pullout as conditions deteriorated.
“You made this decision on the basis of courage and determination. We salute you,” Mr. Ghani said of the renewed commitment to the war.
Mr. Trump met with the Afghanistan president on the sidelines of the U.N. General Assembly in New York.

Mr. Trump said every report he hears from Afghanistan reflects the new fighting spirit.
“The spirit is tremendous,” he said.

Both Mr. Trump and Mr. Ghani stressed that the U.S. forces were serving only as trainers and advisers to Afghan troops who were doing the fighting.

Mr. Trump said the U.S. had no choice but to see the war through to the end. He said there were 20 different terrorist groups in Afghanistan, which was the staging ground for the 9/11 attacks that precipitated the war.

“It’s a hornet’s nest from that standpoint,” Mr. Trump said. “We are hitting them very, very hard and very effectively and we really have no choice but to do it.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/sep/21/trumps-war-strategy-hailed-afghan-president/

???

This guy is trying to say Trumps ~ 4k of additional troops which only showed up a few weeks ago have turned around this 16 year old war?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #428 on: September 21, 2017, 03:59:54 PM »
???

This guy is trying to say Trumps ~ 4k of additional troops which only showed up a few weeks ago have turned around this 16 year old war?

Fuck off you commie bastard
A

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #429 on: September 21, 2017, 04:15:32 PM »
Look at this photograph, every time it makes me laugh
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #431 on: October 04, 2017, 10:43:40 AM »
Look at this photograph, every time it makes me laugh

Me too.   ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #432 on: October 06, 2017, 12:26:30 PM »
EPA poised to formally repeal Clean Power Plan in major blow to Obama’s climate legacy
The Washington Times ^ | October 6, 2017
Posted on 10/6/2017, 2:49:41 PM by jazusamo

The Environmental Protection Agency is expected to soon formally repeal the Clean Power Plan (CPP) in what would be one of the biggest blows yet to former President Barack Obama’s legacy on climate change.

A draft proposal of the EPA’s conclusions, leaked to news outlets over the past 24 hours, argues that the plan — which would limit carbon emissions from power plants and, in the process, drastically reduce the amount of coal-generated electricity in the U.S. — goes beyond the bounds of federal law and unnecessarily hikes energy prices for consumers.

~snip~

“The EPA is proposing to repeal the CPP in its entirety,” the agency says in its draft conclusion.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #434 on: October 10, 2017, 09:50:56 AM »
NFL owners to consider rule change that would require players to stand for national anthem: Report
CNBC ^ | October 10, 2017 | Christine Wang
Posted on 10/10/2017, 12:26:19 PM

The owners of the NFL are reportedly considering a rule change that would make it mandatory for players to stand during the national anthem.

A league spokesman said that the owners would discuss the potential change during a meeting next week, Dow Jones reported...

In September, the president renewed discussion about the protests when he urged owners to "fire" the "son of a bitch" who kneels during the anthem.

(Excerpt) Read more at cnbc.com ...

________________________ _______

W I N N I N G

LMFAO!!!

Leftists tears must be streaming. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #435 on: October 10, 2017, 01:20:41 PM »
NFL owners to consider rule change that would require players to stand for national anthem: Report
CNBC ^ | October 10, 2017 | Christine Wang
Posted on 10/10/2017, 12:26:19 PM

The owners of the NFL are reportedly considering a rule change that would make it mandatory for players to stand during the national anthem.

A league spokesman said that the owners would discuss the potential change during a meeting next week, Dow Jones reported...

In September, the president renewed discussion about the protests when he urged owners to "fire" the "son of a bitch" who kneels during the anthem.

(Excerpt) Read more at cnbc.com ...

________________________ _______

W I N N I N G

LMFAO!!!

Leftists tears must be streaming. 

Somewhere along the way we've lost the point of their kneeling. It is a protest against racial discrimination. It is not a protest against the flag, military personnel or Trump. Trump has a giant habit of making everything about himself. But then, he's a malignant narcissist.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #436 on: October 10, 2017, 01:23:28 PM »
Somewhere along the way we've lost the point of their kneeling. It is a protest against racial discrimination. It is not a protest against the flag, military personnel or Trump. Trump has a giant habit of making everything about himself. But then, he's a malignant narcissist.

Their kneeling is a symbol of what malcontents and cry babies and millionaire snowflakes they are and why fewer and fewer want to waste time and money watching these a-holes toss a ball around.   

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #437 on: October 10, 2017, 07:29:38 PM »
I wonder if all the so called experts who said Trump will lose this, will come out and admit they were so wrong.  These media guys live in a bubble.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #439 on: October 13, 2017, 10:31:36 AM »
Trump decertifies Iran nuclear deal, announces new sanctions
The Washington Times ^ | October 13, 2017 | Dave Boyer
Posted on 10/13/2017, 1:25:47 PM by jazusamo

President Trump said Friday he’s decertifying the Iranian nuclear deal forged under the Obama administration, but stopped short of ending the international agreement, instead giving Congress 60 days to take a tougher approach toward Tehran’s lawless behavior.

“We will not continue down a path whose predictable conclusion is more violence, more terror and the very real threat of Iran’s nuclear breakout,” Mr. Trump said. “Iran is not living up to the spirit of the deal.”

In an address from the White House, the president also said he’s directing the Treasury Department to sanction Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps over its support of terrorism in the Middle East, calling it a “long overdue step.”

“History has shown the longer we ignore a threat, the more dangerous that threat becomes,” the president said.

Mr. Trump, who has called the 2015 agreement signed by President Obama a “horrible” deal and threatened to rip it up, instead decided reluctantly to try to beef up the restrictions on Tehran by going to Congress.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #440 on: October 15, 2017, 12:54:30 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #441 on: October 16, 2017, 04:00:13 PM »
He makes some good points.

Yes, Trump is Winning
By Roger Kimball| October 15, 2017

Last week, I went to a dinner event at social club of which I am a member but rarely patronize. You will guess why when I tell you I ran into a friend of longstanding—someone I know well, but hadn’t seen in a couple of years—and she greeted me with the exclamation, “Here’s a Trumpster!” I could see that that was partly for the benefit of the gents she was talking to, a sort of tribal-marking announcement (“He’s one of those, boys”) but I couldn’t immediately tell whether the glint in her eye was friendly or otherwise. She soon cleared up that ambiguity. I said something about “our president.” “He’s not my president,” she snapped, adding that Donald Trump was deeply unpopular and would probably be driven from office soon.

“Actually,” I offered, “his approval ratings are on the rise.”

“So were Mussolini’s,” came the icy rejoinder.

Got it. At least I knew where we stood.

One is encouraged to leave politics at the front door of this particular club (unlike London’s “Other Club” where Rule 12 stipulates that “Nothing in the rules or intercourse of the Club shall interfere with the rancour or asperity of party politics”). But so thoroughly pink is the majority of the membership that the issue rarely arises. For the herd of independent minds, unanimity is a consoling patent of authenticity. “We all believe this, ergo it must be true—indeed, it is invisible. It simply is.”

Hence a defining irony of the contemporary progressive (one cannot truthfully call it “liberal”) dispensation: convinced that their opinions represent not their opinions but, on the contrary, that they mirror a virtuous state of nature, they regard dissent not as disagreement but as either heresy or insanity. The former calls for condemnation or ostracism, the latter for pity tinctured by contempt.

Donald Trump has introduced several novelties into this dynamic. From the point of view of my (I suspect former) friend, Trump is both (never mind the contradiction) an impossibility and an affront. Everyone she talks to knows this.

And yet on the ground, in the real world, Trump is methodically pushing ahead with the agenda he campaigned on. That includes:

1. Nominating judges and justices who can be counted on to interpret and enforce the law but do not endeavor to use the law to promote their social agenda;
2. Addressing the problem of illegal immigration and securing the borders of the United States;
3. Developing America’s vast energy resources;
4. Rolling back the regulatory state, especially the administrative overreach of agencies such as the Environmental Protection Agency;
5. Pursuing policies that put America, and American workers, first, not to the detriment of our relationships with our international partners but through a recognition that strength and sovereign independence make nations more reliable actors;
6. Restoring the combat readiness and morale of the United States military;
7. Simplifying the U.S. tax code, making it more competitive for U.S. businesses and more equitable for individuals;
8. Getting a handle on the unconstitutional and shockingly inefficient monstrosity ironically called the Affordable Care Act;
9. Putting a stop to the obscene violation of due process that Title IX fanatics brought to college campuses across the country.

And many other initiatives large and small.

In all of these areas, Trump is proceeding not as a wrecking ball but as a deliberate, if often voluble and sometimes exasperating, agent of change.

On the campaign trail, Trump promised that, if elected, the American people would start “winning” again. “You’ll have so much winning,” he said, “you’ll get bored with winning.”

Now, almost nine months into his first term, how is he doing? Real unemployment is on the wane. The stock market is at an historic high. So is consumer confidence. Illegal immigration is down nearly 70 percent. America is now a net exporter of energy. Just a few days ago, Trump declined to re-certify the malevolent nuclear deal that Obama made with Iran, winning from Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu this commendation: “I congratulate President Trump for his courageous decision today. He boldly confronted Iran’s terrorist regime. . . . If the Iran deal is left unchanged, one thing is absolutely certain—in a few years’ time, the world’s foremost terrorist regime will have an arsenal of nuclear weapons and that’s a tremendous danger for our collective future.”

Just a couple of days ago, Trump, having been disappointed by a supine Republican Congress, issued an executive order that will make it easier for people to band together to obtain health insurance tailored to their needs (instead of being forced into federally defined, one-size-fits-all plans) while also ending the unconstitutional federal subsidies (unconstitutional because the money wasn’t appropriated by Congress) to big insurance companies, amounting to some $7 billion per year (the price of getting those companies on board with Obamacare in the first place).

In any normal world, these would be called significant accomplishments. But in the NeverTrump bubble, none of these victories can evade the protective refracting mirrors that intercept and distort the message. For months, the Huffington Post ran the following disclaimer after every article about Trump: “Editor’s note: Donald Trump regularly incites political violence and is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist and birther who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims—1.6 billion members of an entire religion—from entering the U.S.” Even now, according to the Pew Research Center, only 5 percent of news stories about Trump are positive.

Moreover, in the surreal and paranoid precincts of the NeverTrump bubble, fake news and outright fabrication proliferate. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is going to quit—say “sources”—only he isn’t. Chief of Staff John Kelly is keeping people from seeing Trump, is irritated by his tweets, is frustrated by the president’s behavior. Only he isn’t. As Kelly said at a press conference last week, Trump’s agenda is pursuing “what’s good for America.” Asked directly whether Trump’s tweets made his job more difficult, Kelly said “No.” Trump himself he described as a “decisive” and “thoughtful” man of action who was sometimes impatient with the slow-moving habits of Congress. His chief frustration, said Kelly, was with the press for reporting things that were simply not true. Asked by one reporter what he expected them to do, he said: “Maybe develop better sources.”

Kelly’s presser represented a wrinkle in the bubble—there are more and more of them these days—and it will be interesting to watch what happens when the wind finally changes.

Trump’s victorious battle with the NFL represents another wrinkle in the bubble. Football is supposed to be a beloved American pastime, not an opportunity for overpaid beefcakes to act out their adolescent political grievances. So far, it’s Trump:1. NFL: 0.

Over the past several weeks, one source of putative moral authority after the next has been snatched from the Left. The Harvey-Weinstein-Ben-Affleck-Oliver-Stone sexual assault nexus has broken a spell that not even mega-donations to the Clinton Foundation can redeem. When Donald Trump went to Warsaw and spoke up in defense of “Western civilization,” the NeverTrump bubble vibrated with cacophonous vituperation. How dare he!?

But he did dare, and just this week Trump upped the ante and announced that his administration was “returning moral clarity to our view of the world,” “stopping cold the attacks on Judeo-Christian values,” including those who condemn people for wishing one another “Merry Christmas.”

There’s a disturbance in the bubble. What just happened to the NFL and Hollywood is happening in many other avenues of our culture. Sometimes, when a thunderstorm is nigh, the wind suddenly shifts and picks up, the birds get nervous, and you can feel the storm arriving before the rain actually starts. I believe that is about to happen in American culture, though who exactly will be left standing out in the rain is a little unclear. I do expect, however, that fewer and fewer redoubts of anti- or NeverTrump complacency will remain as his policies continue to deliver winning scenarios for Americans. Maybe the next time I go to that club there will be less Mussolini and more comity.

https://amgreatness.com/2017/10/15/yes-trump-is-winning/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #442 on: October 16, 2017, 09:17:52 PM »
Yesterday's polling data: Presidents job approval ratings

RCP Average   9/22 - 10/15   --   38.6 approve   55.7 disapprove     -17.1 difference

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #443 on: October 17, 2017, 04:20:52 AM »

RCP Average   9/22 - 10/15   --   38.6 approve   55.7 disapprove     -17.1 difference

a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #444 on: October 17, 2017, 05:42:17 AM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-41646802

Trump is wrecking these POS in ISIS -

And F you obama and liberal POS calling them ISIL

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #445 on: October 17, 2017, 11:35:35 AM »

Shocking.  Or not:

Study: 91 percent of recent network Trump coverage has been negative
By Erik Wemple
September 12, 2017

The mainstream-media critics over at the Media Research Center have been evaluating “evaluative” statements about President Trump on the three main nightly newscasts — ABC’s “World News Tonight,” “CBS Evening News” and “NBC Nightly News.” Over the summer — June, July and August — 91 percent of such statements have been negative, as opposed to 9 percent positive, the organization has determined. “Analyzing the networks’ spin makes it clear that the goal of all of this heavy coverage is not to promote the President, but to punish him,” write Rich Noyes and Mike Ciandella in a posting on NewsBusters, the very prolific blog of the MRC.

. . . .

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2017/09/12/study-91-percent-of-recent-network-trump-coverage-has-been-negative/?utm_term=.a947a5f68a5c

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #446 on: October 17, 2017, 11:46:32 AM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #447 on: October 17, 2017, 11:50:41 AM »
Shocking.  Or not:

Study: 91 percent of recent network Trump coverage has been negative
By Erik Wemple
September 12, 2017

The mainstream-media critics over at the Media Research Center have been evaluating “evaluative” statements about President Trump on the three main nightly newscasts — ABC’s “World News Tonight,” “CBS Evening News” and “NBC Nightly News.” Over the summer — June, July and August — 91 percent of such statements have been negative, as opposed to 9 percent positive, the organization has determined. “Analyzing the networks’ spin makes it clear that the goal of all of this heavy coverage is not to promote the President, but to punish him,” write Rich Noyes and Mike Ciandella in a posting on NewsBusters, the very prolific blog of the MRC.

. . . .

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2017/09/12/study-91-percent-of-recent-network-trump-coverage-has-been-negative/?utm_term=.a947a5f68a5c

The media thanks Trump for giving them these stories.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #448 on: October 17, 2017, 12:59:22 PM »
The media thanks Trump for giving them these stories.

Seriously?  Do you not see the war they are engaging in against each other?  The MSM isn't even trying to be subtle anymore.  They are still trying to manipulate public opinion.  It didn't work in 2016.  I don't think it will work in 2016 or 2020. 

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #449 on: October 17, 2017, 06:41:47 PM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-41646802

Trump is wrecking these POS in ISIS -

And F you obama and liberal POS calling them ISIL
This.