Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Training Q&A

Best Damn Workout for naturals

<< < (3/8) > >>

illuminati:

--- Quote from: IroNat on September 29, 2020, 04:13:33 AM ---I'll see if I can find a bro-science article for backup.  ;)

--- End quote ---

What are you having problems with. ?? 🙄

ThisisOverload:

--- Quote from: IroNat on September 28, 2020, 12:22:03 PM ---Actually I said workout 2-3 times per week full body for natties.  The day off between workouts allows recovery.

Hitting a muscle group once every 7 days is not enough for nattys.  For drug users it works because the drugs put them in a constant state of anabolism.

With nattys, after 72 hours the muscles start to atrophy.  You just spin your wheels.  You're wasting your time.

A sharp distinction must be made between natural training and drug assisted training.  They are different animals. 

Just about all the routines promoted in the past 60 years are drug routines.

--- End quote ---

I think there is some truth to that.  I know when i was natural and training for Olympic lifting we trained the big lifts three days a week and did accessory work the other two days.  We only trained 5 days a week.  Same thing in high school and college football, we trained on a push/pull rotation every 2-3 days.  We exercised 5 days a week on a very weird schedule;  I don't remember our exact split from college, but i remember doing squats and power cleans 3 days a week, low volume.  Very simple workouts utilizing compound movements and low volume.  I made some insane gains in my early 20's doing very simple workouts, but i was eating a lot too.

I think doing full body workouts is too difficult if you train heavy, there is no way i could train legs/back/chest/shoulders all in one workout unless it was very low volume.  But i think you are suggesting minimal amount out sets?  Like in Olympic lifting we did front squats and hang cleans every other day, but it was like 60-70% of ME and only 5-6 sets of 3 reps for speed.  This wouldn't make you sore but it built strength through repetition, we'd slowly add weight and once a month would do doubles in to 80-90% ME range, then back down.  I remember i hadn't done a heavy front squat in a few months and one day we went for ME doubles, i did a smooth double with 110% of my previous 1RM very easily.  My legs were very strong but they didn't grow much.  I went from doing singles with 275 to doing triples with 330 in a few months, it was pretty incredible.

The only thing i disagree with is that after 72 hours the muscles start to atrophy.  Where did you get that information?  From what i remember in kinesiology classes it takes weeks, unless you are starving yourself.

IroNat:

--- Quote from: illuminati on September 29, 2020, 02:14:28 PM ---What are you having problems with. ?? 🙄

--- End quote ---
Just joking around. I meant I would find a bro-science article to back up my assertions.

IroNat:

--- Quote from: ThisisOverload on September 29, 2020, 02:27:02 PM ---I think there is some truth to that.  I know when i was natural and training for Olympic lifting we trained the big lifts three days a week and did accessory work the other two days.  We only trained 5 days a week.  Same thing in high school and college football, we trained on a push/pull rotation every 2-3 days.  We exercised 5 days a week on a very weird schedule;  I don't remember our exact split from college, but i remember doing squats and power cleans 3 days a week, low volume.  Very simple workouts utilizing compound movements and low volume.  I made some insane gains in my early 20's doing very simple workouts, but i was eating a lot too.

I think doing full body workouts is too difficult if you train heavy, there is no way i could train legs/back/chest/shoulders all in one workout unless it was very low volume.  But i think you are suggesting minimal amount out sets?  Like in Olympic lifting we did front squats and hang cleans every other day, but it was like 60-70% of ME and only 5-6 sets of 3 reps for speed.  This wouldn't make you sore but it built strength through repetition, we'd slowly add weight and once a month would do doubles in to 80-90% ME range, then back down.  I remember i hadn't done a heavy front squat in a few months and one day we went for ME doubles, i did a smooth double with 110% of my previous 1RM very easily.  My legs were very strong but they didn't grow much.  I went from doing singles with 275 to doing triples with 330 in a few months, it was pretty incredible.

The only thing i disagree with is that after 72 hours the muscles start to atrophy.  Where did you get that information?  From what i remember in kinesiology classes it takes weeks, unless you are starving yourself.

--- End quote ---
"When a particular muscle or group of muscles is not used for a period of time, patients suffer from dis-use atrophy. There are studies that indicate there can be biochemistry changes in the muscle cell(s) indicative of an atrophy response within 72 hours of dis-use.  These changes are miniscule but it is easy to extrapolate what occurs in the muscle cells of someone that is not able to move and use or unwilling to move and use a particular body part for several weeks/months. The effects of disuse atrophy can be devastating to someone’s functional capabilities.".

https://ace-pt.org/ace-physical-therapy-and-sports-medicine-institute-combating-muscle-atrophy-with-physical-therapy/

IroNat:
https://www.livestrong.com/article/347887-leg-muscle-atrophy/   

"Muscle atrophy in the legs is a loss of muscle tissue due to disuse, disease or injury. A decrease in physical activity can lead to muscle loss in as little as 72 hours. "

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version