Author Topic: Governor Ron DeSantis  (Read 24844 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Governor Ron DeSantis
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2021, 03:07:22 PM »
Stay tuned for a steady stream of hit pieces as his star continues to rise.

Mystery donor gives $100K-plus to DeSantis
By MATT DIXON 06/03/2021
https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2021/06/03/mystery-donor-gives-100k-plus-to-desantis-1384980

What are the laws pertaining to political donations/campaign financing in Florida?

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2021, 03:31:30 PM »
Doesn't sound like Mal to be honest.

Nobody here is clamoring for Trump to return anyway.

He's had a few meltdowns over the years.

Hopefully his account isn't compromised.

He was always good for a laugh or two.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2021, 03:39:19 PM »
I don't disagree with you.

However, I'm trying to chalk that period up to a real, extreme TDS cloud that infected the minds of normal, rational people.  Trumps words, combined with the shock of his election to the left, combined with media attacks 24/7, dishonesty, and big tech content manipulation/censorship made people temporarily suspend all common sense, as long as it contributed to the goal of a new administration.

I'm hoping that cloud loses it's power the further we get away from that time period.

What if Trump was "dumb like a fox" and he intentionally set himself up to play the martyr by continuously saying and tweeting outrageous remarks? Underdogs love a martyr.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #103 on: June 04, 2021, 06:01:34 PM »
 :D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2021, 01:01:59 AM »
:D

I love your sense of humor. He definitely does not look better as a blond.  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2021, 07:25:18 PM »
Governor DeSantis strikes again.

DeSantis Trounces the CDC in Big Court Win on Cruise Ships
By Nick Arama | Jun 18, 2021
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021/06/18/desantis-trounces-the-cdc-in-big-court-win-on-cruise-ships-n398893

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2021, 05:59:32 AM »
DeSantis in 2024.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: June 21, 2021, 11:28:05 AM »
The pardons include gym owners.  I love this man.  (No homo)

‘Let’s focus on real criminals’: DeSantis pardons remaining local COVID-19 penalties
BY ANA CEBALLOS HERALD/TIMES TALLAHASSEE BUREAU
JUNE 16, 2021
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article252151598.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #108 on: June 21, 2021, 11:32:15 AM »
The pardons include gym owners.  I love this man.  (No homo)

‘Let’s focus on real criminals’: DeSantis pardons remaining local COVID-19 penalties
BY ANA CEBALLOS HERALD/TIMES TALLAHASSEE BUREAU
JUNE 16, 2021
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article252151598.html

He is my choice for 2024.  DeSantis is the man. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: June 21, 2021, 11:49:14 AM »
He is my choice for 2024.  DeSantis is the man.

He's only running if Trump doesn't run.  Although I think if Trump runs he will tap DeSantis as VP.

EXCLUSIVE: Meadows says DeSantis won't run against Trump in 2024
by Christian Datoc |   | June 21, 2021
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/exclusive-meadows-says-desantis-wont-run-against-trump-in-2024

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2021, 11:55:50 AM »
He's only running if Trump doesn't run.  Although I think if Trump runs he will tap DeSantis as VP.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/exclusive-meadows-says-desantis-wont-run-against-trump-in-2024

I prefer DeSantis to Trump.  He is Younger, better able on the mic to shut down liberal failures, losers, and mentally ill, and stays on point. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: June 21, 2021, 09:22:57 PM »
I prefer DeSantis to Trump.  He is Younger, better able on the mic to shut down liberal failures, losers, and mentally ill, and stays on point.

I'm a little on the fence.  On one hand, I agree with you and DeSantis is less polarizing.  On the other hand, we saw what Trump can do and he was spectacular.  I was able to get past his tweets and some of the juvenile parts of his personality and focus on what he actually did.  If you focus exclusively on his policy positions and achievements, both domestic and foreign, he was a rock star.  Best economy ever, outstanding military accomplishments and restraint, multiple Nobel Peace Prize nominations, solid Supreme Court appointments, Covid vaccine in record time (a friggin miracle), etc. 

So part of me thinks:  if ain't broke . . . .

That said, I think DeSantis can accomplish the same thing. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2021, 01:50:16 PM »

Well, it is pretty certain Trump wouldn't choose Pence again....although he barely ever uttered a word while he was Vice President....which allowed Trump center stage for those four yeaars. DeSantis might be too much competition, stealing the limelight from Trump....and as best as  I know a President cannot fire the Vice President.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2021, 03:13:45 PM »
I'm a little on the fence.  On one hand, I agree with you and DeSantis is less polarizing.  On the other hand, we saw what Trump can do and he was spectacular.  I was able to get past his tweets and some of the juvenile parts of his personality and focus on what he actually did.  If you focus exclusively on his policy positions and achievements, both domestic and foreign, he was a rock star.  Best economy ever, outstanding military accomplishments and restraint, multiple Nobel Peace Prize nominations, solid Supreme Court appointments, Covid vaccine in record time (a friggin miracle), etc. 

So part of me thinks:  if ain't broke . . . .

That said, I think DeSantis can accomplish the same thing.

LOL

Just fucking LOL funny

Trump was a fucking disaster at everything he did

The economy entered the recession BEFORE Covid hit.  His trade war was a fucking disaster

He publicly sucked Putin's cock and claimed to have fallen in love in with the dictator in North Korea

His crowning disaster was his non-response to Covid (we found out today that he wanted to send Covid patients to "that island" he thought we owned ...aka Cuba)

He lost the popular vote TWICE and never cracked a 50% approval rating

Let's not forget IMPEACHED twice and then went on a campaign of lies and fraud in an attempt to STEAL the election

He will be remembered as THE WORST POTUS in the history of this country

But yeah, he was very popular with morons

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2021, 03:33:32 PM »
LOL

Just fucking LOL funny

Trump was a fucking disaster at everything he did

The economy entered the recession BEFORE Covid hit.  His trade war was a fucking disaster

He publicly sucked Putin's cock and claimed to have fallen in love in with the dictator in North Korea

His crowning disaster was his non-response to Covid (we found out today that he wanted to send Covid patients to "that island" he thought we owned ...aka Cuba)

He lost the popular vote TWICE and never cracked a 50% approval rating

Let's not forget IMPEACHED twice and then went on a campaign of lies and fraud in an attempt to STEAL the election

He will be remembered as THE WORST POTUS in the history of this country

But yeah, he was very popular with morons

Hahahahahah....oh shit the delusions are thick with this one😂

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: June 25, 2021, 01:21:05 AM »
You should watch this.  It's a six minute "comedy" monologue.  A couple observations:

1.  It's not funny.  Not even a little bit.  It's a prime example of why liberals are so bad at talk radio, comedy, etc.  Many of them are simply not funny.  Just a weird sense of humor.   

2.  It shows how afraid they are of Governor DeSantis.  For anyone who thinks DeSantis will be less polarizing than Trump, listen to how she calls DeSantis a racist, homophobe, etc.  Keep in mind that every Republican nominee since Reagan was called a racist.  That they accused Romney of killing a woman who couldn't get health insurance and of abusing or killing his dog.  That they went back to interview Dr. Ben Carson's middle school classmates to try and disprove parts of his autobiography.  That Dr. Carson was identified by the Southern Poverty Law Center as an extremist.  That they dug up sexual harassment allegations against Herman Cain.  Not sure what their narrative will be for DeSantis.  Nobody is perfect, including DeSantis, but they are going to have a difficult time using Saul Alinsky's rules on him.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: June 28, 2021, 12:15:36 PM »
Liberal failures and losers know DeSantis is going to destroy Kamala. 

Washington Post Reporter Pushes False Info About Gov. Ron DeSantis’s Response To Surfside Collapse
The Federalist ^ | 6/28/2021 | Shawn Fleetwood
Posted on 6/28/2021, 2:48:18 PM

Washington Post reporter Hannah Dreier published a series of misleading tweets over the weekend accusing Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis of fumbling the state’s response to the recent building collapse in the town of Surfside.

On Saturday, Dreier posted a screenshot of FEMA’s response to the recent building collapse, claiming that it took DeSantis a full 24 hours to approve any form of emergency assistance for the affected area.

“There’s a saying in emergency management: The first 24 hours are the only 24 hours,” Dreier stated. “FEMA was ready to deploy to the condo collapse almost immediately, and included the crisis in its daily briefing, but didn’t get permission from Gov. DeSantis to get on the ground for a full day.”

According to FEMA’s National Incident Management System, requests for emergency assistance are to be made by local officials to state officials, who then contact federal officials for assistance.

On Sunday, DeSantis Press Secretary Christina Pushaw took to Twitter to respond to the accusations, stating that Dreier left out critical information from her tweets. Moreover, Pushaw added that Dreier did not make an attempt to contact her or DeSantis for comment on the matter.

“This is missing important context, @hannahdreier never asked me for comment,” said Pushaw. “emergency response started within minutes of the disaster led by Miami Dade County, amazing first responders. county mayor signed local emergency [delclaration] 4:40 & @GovRonDeSantis signed eo less than 1hr later.”

In a tweet that followed, Pushaw posted the official emergency declaration signed by Miami Dade County Mayor Danielle Levine Cava. Time-stamped at 4:33 p.m. ET on June 24, the declaration was signed more than 12 hours after the initial collapse of the building. Less than an hour later, DeSantis signed an executive order declaring a state of emergency for Miami Dade at 5:32 p.m. ET.

When asked by NBC’s Chuck Todd about the state’s response to the disaster, Cava, a Democrat, took the time to dismiss claims that her city has had any problems in acquiring emergency assistance.

“We are very grateful, not only the state of Florida has been here in force […] we’ve not lacked for any support,” she said.

Recent statements from the White House also invalidate Drier’s claims, with a call readout between President Joe Biden and DeSantis making clear that FEMA had been in close contact with Florida officials since the building’s collapse.

“The White House and FEMA have been in close coordination with local officials throughout the past two days,” the June 25 statement read. “The White House is continuing to monitor the situation, and the President will continue to receive regular updates from his Homeland Security team.”

Drier has yet to issue a correction on the matter.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #118 on: June 28, 2021, 12:30:57 PM »
Liberal failures and losers know DeSantis is going to destroy Kamala. 

Washington Post Reporter Pushes False Info About Gov. Ron DeSantis’s Response To Surfside Collapse
The Federalist ^ | 6/28/2021 | Shawn Fleetwood
Posted on 6/28/2021, 2:48:18 PM

Washington Post reporter Hannah Dreier published a series of misleading tweets over the weekend accusing Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis of fumbling the state’s response to the recent building collapse in the town of Surfside.

On Saturday, Dreier posted a screenshot of FEMA’s response to the recent building collapse, claiming that it took DeSantis a full 24 hours to approve any form of emergency assistance for the affected area.

“There’s a saying in emergency management: The first 24 hours are the only 24 hours,” Dreier stated. “FEMA was ready to deploy to the condo collapse almost immediately, and included the crisis in its daily briefing, but didn’t get permission from Gov. DeSantis to get on the ground for a full day.”

According to FEMA’s National Incident Management System, requests for emergency assistance are to be made by local officials to state officials, who then contact federal officials for assistance.

On Sunday, DeSantis Press Secretary Christina Pushaw took to Twitter to respond to the accusations, stating that Dreier left out critical information from her tweets. Moreover, Pushaw added that Dreier did not make an attempt to contact her or DeSantis for comment on the matter.

“This is missing important context, @hannahdreier never asked me for comment,” said Pushaw. “emergency response started within minutes of the disaster led by Miami Dade County, amazing first responders. county mayor signed local emergency [delclaration] 4:40 & @GovRonDeSantis signed eo less than 1hr later.”

In a tweet that followed, Pushaw posted the official emergency declaration signed by Miami Dade County Mayor Danielle Levine Cava. Time-stamped at 4:33 p.m. ET on June 24, the declaration was signed more than 12 hours after the initial collapse of the building. Less than an hour later, DeSantis signed an executive order declaring a state of emergency for Miami Dade at 5:32 p.m. ET.

When asked by NBC’s Chuck Todd about the state’s response to the disaster, Cava, a Democrat, took the time to dismiss claims that her city has had any problems in acquiring emergency assistance.

“We are very grateful, not only the state of Florida has been here in force […] we’ve not lacked for any support,” she said.

Recent statements from the White House also invalidate Drier’s claims, with a call readout between President Joe Biden and DeSantis making clear that FEMA had been in close contact with Florida officials since the building’s collapse.

“The White House and FEMA have been in close coordination with local officials throughout the past two days,” the June 25 statement read. “The White House is continuing to monitor the situation, and the President will continue to receive regular updates from his Homeland Security team.”

Drier has yet to issue a correction on the matter.

As the late Rush Limbaugh used to say, the left will always tell you whom they fear.

We Floridans remember the slander the left did against DeSantis to push that dope-headed fool former Tallahassee mayor, Andrew Gillum.

THANK GOD Desantis was our governor last year, during the pandemic. You've seen first hand what these left-winged buffoon mayors and governors do when their masks come off and they decide to get their dictator on.

DeSantis let the mayors do their thing, provided they didn't overreach. He stepped into action to stop the handful that did.

To his credit, even Orange County mayor, Jerry Demings (husband of congresswoman Val Demings, who's challenging Rubio for his senate seat) governed fairly well in the crisis.

DeSantis is the next best/worst thing to Trump (depending on what side of the fence one sits).

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: June 28, 2021, 12:33:41 PM »
As the late Rush Limbaugh used to say, the left will always tell you whom they fear.

We Floridans remember the slander the left did against DeSantis to push that dope-headed fool former Tallahassee mayor, Andrew Gillum.

THANK GOD Desantis was our governor last year, during the pandemic. You've seen first hand what these left-winged buffoon mayors and governors do when their masks come off and they decide to get their dictator on.

DeSantis let the mayors do their thing, provided they didn't overreach. He stepped into action to stop the handful that did.

To his credit, even Orange County mayor, Jerry Demings (husband of congresswoman Val Demings, who's challenging Rubio for his senate seat) governed fairly well in the crisis.

DeSantis is the next best/worst thing to Trump (depending on what side of the fence one sits).

Liberals never are taking their masks off MCWAY . . . . . .  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2021, 12:40:41 PM »
Liberals never are taking their masks off MCWAY . . . . . .  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

From a gym rat perspective, our gyms (at least 24-Hour Fitness) was only closed for three months. Some states are JUST NOW REOPENING places to pump iron. The NY Pro and Olympia were held here in Florida (Tampa and Orlando, respectively) last year and will be (has been) held here this year.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2021, 12:16:45 PM »
The media is incredibly dishonest.  I don't think they can handle Governor DeSantis.  :)

Media Gets Stomped Into Next Week When They Go After DeSantis Yet Again on Building Collapse
By Nick Arama | Jun 29, 2021
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021/06/29/media-gets-stomped-into-next-week-when-they-go-after-desantis-yet-again-on-building-collapse-n404351

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: July 15, 2021, 11:18:59 AM »
DeSantis says Florida 'chose freedom over Fauci-ism,' urges conservatives to have a 'backbone'
DeSantis said he 'wasn't about to let the state get Fauci'd'
By Sam Dorman | Fox News
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ron-desantis-fauci-freedom-speech

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2021, 11:26:08 AM »

Appeals Court Lifts CDC Cruise Ship Restrictions in Win for Florida
24 July 2021
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/cruise-ship-florida-cdc/2021/07/24/id/1029792/

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2021, 07:35:16 PM »

Appeals Court Lifts CDC Cruise Ship Restrictions in Win for Florida
24 July 2021
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/cruise-ship-florida-cdc/2021/07/24/id/1029792/

People have had it with lockdowns and restriction, especially with the proverbially moving goalposts of the CDC/Fauci as to what does or doesn't work and how dangerous the coronavirus is or isn't.

The media and their lefty friends are going to attempt to use COVID to shoehorn some "moderate" Dem (as a communist Trojan Horse) into the governor's mansion in the Sunshine State.

But, I don't think that's happening. DeSantis has the election laws shored up. No more libs' magically finding votes, weeks after the polls close, especially in Broward and Palm Beach counties.