Author Topic: First day back in gym,... gained 3 lbs.  (Read 860 times)

GORE

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
First day back in gym,... gained 3 lbs.
« on: January 06, 2007, 01:37:15 PM »
Does anyone else have this effect. I train naturally and my training is all for mma, basically plyo, boxing, and grappling. The only thing I can think of is that my body retains a lot of water during training. I didn't change my diet and if anything I took in less calories. If it is water would anyone recommend a natural diuretic, or think that that might cause cramping during workouts?

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
Re: First day back in gym,... gained 3 lbs.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 11:11:00 PM »
ur body retaining water during exercise?
thats strange...I usually sweat like a pig!
remember that physical exercise is a duretic in itself
try 15-20 minute dry sauna after workouts - its a "cheat cardio" in essence - you'r sittin doing nothing while your heart paces and you sweat heavily..works wonders

GORE

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 12:20:53 AM »
I do sweat quite a bit during training, especially because its all pretty heavy cardio. I think maybe its the stress of having taken a month off, or something. I don't get it, but I know my body does tend to gain a few pounds almost instantly whenever I begin training after a break, and I'm not naive enough to believe its muscle. I guess I was just wondering if that happens to anyone else.

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 02:47:46 AM »
does happen to me too, cuz when i'm off its ususally during holiday, and during holiday one tends to eat alot and dont move much - so you gain some fat