Author Topic: Starting to cut again  (Read 858 times)

fromfattoliving

• Getbig II
Starting to cut again
« on: March 26, 2008, 09:03:42 PM »
I have been slacking to say the least and have just packed on a few more lbs lately. I was all the way down to 11-14% (3% mgn of error) and now it seems harder to get back down to where I want to be before summer. If I eat 5-6 times a day and dont eat carbs after 1p, should I intake  1g per lb? or will that make me gain? I also was thinking of doing a couple weeks of strictly cardio but don't want to shrivel too much. So i guess I have a couple of questions?
1. How many gr of protein daily?
2. Carb intake daily? (and the only carbs that I eat are whole grain and the naturally occurring ones from fruits and greens)
3. If I do cardio in the morning, what should my intake look like so I can recover and lift on the same day? (this would probably only happen twice a week)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: Starting to cut again
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 08:46:07 AM »
why no carbs after 1 pm?

schedule your carb intake accoridng to when you NEED them. not by the clock.

daily intake of carbs is dependant on your personal metabolism, how many carbs youve had the pst couple of days, your present energy demands, and your future energy demends.

you shouldnt need to supplement after cardio to "recover". cardio is done low intensity long duration first thing in the morning.   eat normally after wards.

eat as much protein as youd like.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 10:07:12 AM »
dont be scared of cardio, u wont shrivel up and die,,,, just do as much as u need to do, weather its twice daily or 3 times per week.. if your gettn 6 meals in with a moderate amount of protein relevent to what your weighing u cant go wrong.. ive always looked the best by havn a small amount of carbs with each meal, usualy bein sweet pots,, by small i mean 60g to 80g, cooked with each meal( similar weight of oats with breckie), which is next to nowt..

fromfattoliving

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 08:22:52 PM »
Thanks for your advice, I will definitely be using your advice tomorrow when I start and I guess that we will see, if I can get to the 10-13% mark it will be a good summer.