Author Topic: OT: a couple of my favorite great protein sources  (Read 1832 times)

bravo

• Getbig II
  • Self Inflicted!!
OT: a couple of my favorite great protein sources
« on: December 09, 2005, 11:16:16 AM »
I know this should be on the diet/nutrition board but I thought I'd share this w/ my fellow gear-head bro's...Lord knows we need all the protein we can get in as many varied sources as possible

...been eating this pasta that I picked up in an organic store called "Papadini Hi-Protein Pure lentil Bean Pasta"...2.0 ounces of pasta yields the following: 13gm of protein, 5 gm of fiber, 10calories from fat and 33 gm of carbs.....multiply by 4 for the whole 8 oz. box and get the magic number of 52 gm of protein, and 20 gm of fiber and 132gm of carbs.......serve al dente with your favorite topping......yummy ;D
its a bit more expensive but you don't have to eat a whole pound of flour based pasta

also another favorite while on gear (and off, for that matter) is " 50 gm of iso-pure dutch chocolate powder in 2.5 cups of water; add in one whole banana, one raw egg, 3 large tablespoons of carnation dry milk, 1 heaping teaspoon of L- glutamine,  and a huge scoop of smooth peanut butter.....OUTSTANDING  :D (I have four of these per day between meals)

thats all for now...