Author Topic: BB Meals for less than £1/$1.50? Check out BigCyp's Frugal Fitness Part One!  (Read 29469 times)

booty

• Getbig V
Oh, we are getting raped around here...

"1"
We get raped in australia too.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
We get raped in australia too.

Well at least you had a week in safety while Quickerblade was in L.A.

booty

• Getbig V
Well at least you had a week in safety while Quickerblade was in L.A.

Yes he fucked Steve over instead.   

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Yes he fucked Steve over instead.   

Not a bad catch for $27!

;D sorry Arce!

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
  He sent me 50 to cover my 27

BOW

• Getbig III
ROFLMAO!!!

No wonder why New York and California are so out of touch with reality.  Both places should be walled off and forgotten about.  :D
its the big metro cities that are ridiculous with food prices. I only live an 1 or so out of los angeles and food prices can be very reasonable depending on where you shop.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
its the big metro cities that are ridiculous with food prices. I only live an 1 or so out of los angeles and food prices can be very reasonable depending on where you shop.

London isn't so bad as you only have to drive 30 mins from the city centre to reach the 'not so British' areas lol. Rice, eggs, chicken, beef, fish, veg, spices are dirt cheap.

You will always pay for convenience however, if someone deems it worthwhile to pay 150% of the price to avoid the travel/stress of travelling to buy groceries then it's all good.

booty

• Getbig V
  He sent me 50 to cover my 27
He should have thrown in a jar of vegemite and some kangaroo jerky too.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
4. 30 Second Cashew & Raisin Yoghurt mix – 58p/85 cents
(30g protein, 35g carbs, 27g fat - 503 kcals)

What you'll need: Half pot of 2% natural yoghurt, 4 tablespoons skimmed milk powder, 40g cashew nuts, handful raisins, splenda/stevia to taste.

So what's the BigDeal here? Is yoghurt with nuts/fruit even a recipe bro?

Try getting in 30g of protein from decent natural sources such as natural yoghurt and cashews for less than 90 cents! This meal/snack idea tastes great, is super quick to put together and makes a tasty alternative to eggs & oats, tuna & salad etc. Change is good. Try a big blob of this on top of my banana protein pancakes  ;)

1. Take a large cup/bowl, throw in 40g of salted cashews (much cheaper!!!) and rinse a couple of times to remove the sodium. Don’t worry about draining every last atom of water away as it will mix into the yoghurt anyway.

2. Scoop half a 500g pot of 2% natural yoghurt on top of the cashews, along with the milk powder, raisins, and whichever sweetener you prefer.

3. Fold together to dissolve the skim milk granules and sweetener and enjoy while pondering whether Bikinislut is truly a woman.

I came up with this quick mixture out of sheer oatmeal and egg boredom, plus it has the added bonus of being a zero cooking time breakfast if you’re on the run. Another good tip is to keep the rest of the yoghurt in the pot to make another batch of the same nutrient content for the office, or refrigerate for your last meal of the day.

(I’ll update the whole thread with my own pictures as I make each meal this week)

2% Yoghurt – 23p (£0.45 for 500g Sainsbury’s) Skim milk powder - 10p (£1.40 for 400g Sainsbury’s) Cashews – 17p (79p for 200g Aldi) Raisins - 6p (£0.98 for 500g Sainsbury’s) Sweetener 2p (99p for a container Aldi)

I'll be adding another tasty one this afternoon - watch this space!

BigCyp

• Getbig V
have any good side dish(eg potatoes, pasta, rice, veggies etc) recipes

Sorry bro, only just seen this post - i'll put on a couple of veggie meals/side dishes over the next few days.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
The unnecessary "h" added to yogurt in this recipe is very off-putting.  Please edit.
Y

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
He should have thrown in a jar of vegemite and some kangaroo jerky too.

"Welcome to down under, mate!"  ;D

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Is 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight too difficult to acheive with my recipes (not that i'm suggesting this is optimum)?

Let's take a look so far:

Meal 1: Banana Protein Pancakes:              30g Protein (440 kcals for 3 pancakes) - £0.69
Meal 2: Cheapo Choccy Protein Shake:       40g Protein (522 kcals per shake) - £0.54
Meal 3: Egg, Kidney Bean & Carrot burgers: 43g Protein (600 kcals for 4 patties) - £0.74
Meal 4: Cashew/Raisin Yoghurt Mix:           30g Protein (503 Kcals per serving) - £0.58
Meal 5: Cheapo Choccy Protein Shake:       40g Protein (522 Kcals per shake) - £0.54

Total protein consumed: 183g of quality protein from food sources!

Total calories & cost: 2587 calories for a measly £3.04 / $4.64

I'll post up the total carbs/fat when I get a chance. It's worth bearing in mind that all of the meals I've posted contain hardly any refined sugar, and minimal 'processed' ingredients are used.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Not trying to entice Adam into this thread, but it's worth noting that for £4.29 you can buy 1 medium Big Mac meal in UK Mcdonalds which contains a measly 31g of protein in total.

Things that make you go mmmmmmm  ;D

I'd rather be eating 183g of protein for £3.39, along with a variety of foods.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Breakfast of gaylords.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
The unnecessary "h" added to yogurt in this recipe is very off-putting.  Please edit.

Hahahaha excellent  ;D

Done.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Breakfast of gaylords.

Haha this did make me chuckle.

I'll admit, I usually resort to this meal as more of a filling snack to get me through to lunch/dinner. It works for breakfast if you are dieting down especially.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Breakfast of gaylords.

You're a Frenchman, so what's worse?  ;D

monstermunch

• Getbig IV
Decent ideas mate, as a poor student I'll defo make use...

Got anything low/no carb?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Decent ideas mate, as a poor student I'll defo make use...

Got anything low/no carb?

A salad with eggs

bigmc

• Getbig V
any ugandan dishes in the "mix" so to speak cyp
T

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Not trying to entice Adam into this thread, but it's worth noting that for £4.29 you can buy 1 medium Big Mac meal in UK Mcdonalds which contains a measly 31g of protein in total.

Things that make you go mmmmmmm  ;D

I'd rather be eating 183g of protein for £3.39, along with a variety of foods.
2 double cheeseburgers from Burger King will get you about 44 grams of protein at 3 dollars.  Plus its easy and tastes awesome. 

Omega

• Getbig III
Great thread bigcyp.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
I use to take full advantage of the McDonald's double cheeseburgers on the $1 menu during my "bulking phase" (oh brother).

BigCyp

• Getbig V
5. Tuna Hummus Protein Wraps - £0.79 / $1.20 per wrap

(32.5g protein, 44g carbs, 7g fat - 400 kcals)

What you'll need: Tin of cheap tuna flakes, 400g tin of chick peas, 2 wholemeal tortilla wraps, 1 clove garlic, 1 lemon, tablespoon of sesame seeds, tablespoon olive oil, salt & pepper to taste.

1. Drain both the tuna and chick peas (you’ll want to rinse the chick peas a couple of times) and put the contents into your blender along with the sesame seeds, peeled garlic, olive oil, and all of the lemon juice.

2. Blend the ingredients until you have a pate-like consistency. Give it a taste, and add salt & pepper to season.

3. Warm your wholemeal wrap in the microwave for 15 seconds, spread half of the tuna hummus on one side (you can add salad at this stage if you prefer) and roll like a crepe to enjoy!

32.5g of protein, easy to wrap in foil and throw in your bag for the day – these are amazing, trust me.

(No homo)

Tuna flakes (49p Asda), Chick Peas (400g for 38p Asda), 1 Lemon (27p Asda) Sesame Seeds (£1.00 Tesco), Garlic (30p loose Asda), Olive Oil (99p Aldi), Tortilla Wraps (£1 for 8 Asda).