Author Topic: Jenny Lynn's Scandal.....  (Read 30869 times)

The General

• Getbig III
  • The Absolute leader
Jenny Lynn's Scandal.....
« on: March 04, 2006, 02:30:34 AM »
hey fanatics,have you heard what has happened with Jenny Lynn.... ::) she overdosed herself with different diuretics and dehydrated then ended up really sick and was rushed to hospital,someone from inside told me that she was near death............ ???

olimpya

• Getbig II
  • ATOPE
Re: Jenny Lynn's Scandal.....
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 03:24:34 AM »
with friends like your.................. :'(

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 07:11:04 AM »
hey fanatics,have you heard what has happened with Jenny Lynn.... ::) she overdosed herself with different diuretics and dehydrated then ended up really sick and was rushed to hospital,someone from inside told me that she was near death............ ???

"someone from the inside".....You are a regular Inspector Gadget :P

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 01:07:24 PM »
"someone from the inside".....You are a regular Inspector Gadget :P
that was a good show mayne that dog cracked me up!!!!

KGM

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 01:37:47 PM »
Actually, Jenny was really sick with the Flu.  Terry Goodlad (of Bodysport, Flex, and Oxygen) was with her when she was sick.  We will have an interview with Jenny about her experience online within the next hour or so on www.Bodysport.com.

Kevin Myles-Bodysport.com

sunbabe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 06:04:18 PM »
so the article said "boyfriend Blair" is she divorced from her husband?  When did this happen? 

CC3

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 11:20:24 PM »
That was a pretty long, dragged-out way of just saying "she had the flu". 

I hope the best for, Jenny, however.  She's always been one of my favorites.

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 04:35:11 AM »
Gosh  some of you are very insensitive. Just think of how terrible this is for Jenny. The Figure International was her show, and she was forced to drop out after all the hard work she put in. Show some compassion. If you dont have anything nice to say..then do not say it.  This speculation about diuretics etc etc.. is baseless and silly.

CC3

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 07:02:50 AM »
Gosh  some of you are very insensitive. Just think of how terrible this is for Jenny. The Figure International was her show, and she was forced to drop out after all the hard work she put in. Show some compassion. If you dont have anything nice to say..then do not say it.  This speculation about diuretics etc etc.. is baseless and silly.

Dina, I hope you didn't take my post the wrong way.  I was actually just indirectly bitching about the fact that someone came here pimping their website off of Jenny's misfortune, and then they put up some half-assed "interview" (with what, 2 quotes?) about it.

As for Jenny, like I said, she's one of my favorites and I feel absolutely terrible for her.  It's so sad to see that her streak had to end and there was nothing she could even do about it.  More importantly, however, I just hope she's okay...

KGM

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2006, 09:03:25 AM »
Sorry if anyone feels that I was "pimping" our website off of Jenny's misfortune.  The fact is that Jenny is a very good personal friend of ours.  We had a short news item about Jenny having the flu, however that didn't seem to be enough to stop further speculation about her illness. 

Instead of allowing rumors to build about her, we wanted people to know that she really had the flu.  Period, end of story.  As to an article with only "a couple of quotes" we've written about Jenny many times and will continue to do so.  Hopefully you caught Terry's interview and photo spread of Jenny in a recent Flex. 

These boards can be wonderful.  But sometimes people get or are given the wrong information about athletes which can be very hurtful to them.  If we can shed some light on that to their benefit, we will. 

CC3

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2006, 12:47:42 PM »
These boards can be wonderful.  But sometimes people get or are given the wrong information about athletes which can be very hurtful to them.  If we can shed some light on that to their benefit, we will.

That's a valid statement, and unfortunately it can work both ways.  Just as the boards can be very nice to people when they're doing well and their worst enemy in the world when things aren't looking so great, the boards can also be a way for someone to help people out or as a way of just looking out for their own interest (i.e. plugging a website, book, video, etc.).

However, if you maintain that you are good friends with Jenny and that you were only looking to tell the truth about her situation, then I can admire that and I apologize for jumping to any conclusions.  It just looked suspect at first with "Oh she just has the flu, by the way here's our site...".

Thank you for being sensible and not just blasting back at me for what I said.

KGM

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2006, 02:37:13 PM »
No worries CC3.

That article was actually written the night of the Arnold by Terry Goodlad (Elaine's husband for those who don't know) and had already been sent to our webmaster to be put on the site the following day.  When the "rumor" appeared on the board we felt it best to get it on asap and let everyone know.  Rumors, like fires, are easy to start and difficult to put out the longer they are left un-attended.  I know you spoke out of concern for Jenny and I'm sure everyone can appreciate that.  Believe me when I tell you that she really appreciates her fans and attends as many shows and interacts with as many people as she can. 

As for us, (Bodysport) we've been doing our thing for a while and the people who know us know who we are and what we're about.  We feel very fortunate to have the friends and associations we have and be able to interact with so many inspiring people.

Keep training hard,

Kevin

emerald37

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2006, 03:48:36 PM »
Actually, Jenny was really sick with the Flu.  Terry Goodlad (of Bodysport, Flex, and Oxygen) was with her when she was sick.  We will have an interview with Jenny about her experience online within the next hour or so on www.Bodysport.com.

I feel sad for her that she suffered these setbacks.  She's a great competitor and is so photogenic.  Get well Jen.  And I hope you go back to winning.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2006, 04:06:16 PM »
maaaaayyyyyyyyyynnnnnnne that must suck getting sick right before tha comp best of luck to you girl hope you come back stronger

Militia-Men

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2006, 04:22:44 AM »
Well after reading http://www.bodysport.com/Archives/mar06/breakingnews/jennylynnsworstnightmare.html I'm more convinced than ever that Jennys "flu" was more a result of diuretic use gone bad.
I personally know what can happen when things go bad with diuretics, and things go bad REAL QUICK and nothing you can do can prevent the symptoms of severe dehydration once it sets in - only a trip to the hospital to get hooked up to an iv to replace the fluids can fix it.
Everything that she went through and her rapid deterioration is not a result of any flu I've ever heard of.  Sure the flu can knock you on your ass, by severe dehydration is 10 times worse.
Its too have gone through all that prep and then to have your body do a 180 on you when it she was so close to another win.
I feel sorry for her, but I think the "flu story" is just an attempt from her to save face and not look bad to all her fans, etc.... especially considering the diuretics aren't supposed to used in the first place  ::)   Can you imagine the negative publicity it would give Jenny, the federation and the show if the truth got out?  That one of its top athletes were using a banned substance that required her to be hospitalised?
Before everyone starts jumping down my throat, BUT I'm just saying what it looks like to me because I've been there / done that and know from personal experience what happens when it (dehydration) sets in.
JMO  :-\

KGM

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2006, 08:13:59 AM »
All I can tell you is this;  When I first heard the rumor, I contacted Terry to see how Jenny was and if there was indeed some other problems/reason.  He assured me that it was simply the flu-even describing in detail some of her symptoms and what she had gone through that would be inconsistent with any rumors.  We would never spin a story just to help her or anyone else.  That would kill any credibility we could have.  Plus, it could potentially endanger her or someone else by dismissing an incident like that. 

Poor Jenny had a bad enough weekend.  On Sunday she was at the Muscletech booth, trying to move on.  Everyone else should do the same

docvenus

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • Stay Fit and Be Happy!
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2006, 09:41:05 AM »
Well after reading http://www.bodysport.com/Archives/mar06/breakingnews/jennylynnsworstnightmare.html I'm more convinced than ever that Jennys "flu" was more a result of diuretic use gone bad.
I personally know what can happen when things go bad with diuretics, and things go bad REAL QUICK and nothing you can do can prevent the symptoms of severe dehydration once it sets in - only a trip to the hospital to get hooked up to an iv to replace the fluids can fix it.
Everything that she went through and her rapid deterioration is not a result of any flu I've ever heard of.  Sure the flu can knock you on your ass, by severe dehydration is 10 times worse.
Its too have gone through all that prep and then to have your body do a 180 on you when it she was so close to another win.
I feel sorry for her, but I think the "flu story" is just an attempt from her to save face and not look bad to all her fans, etc.... especially considering the diuretics aren't supposed to used in the first place  ::)   Can you imagine the negative publicity it would give Jenny, the federation and the show if the truth got out?  That one of its top athletes were using a banned substance that required her to be hospitalised?
Before everyone starts jumping down my throat, BUT I'm just saying what it looks like to me because I've been there / done that and know from personal experience what happens when it (dehydration) sets in.
JMO  :-\

I don't have any "inside information" about the incident, but based on reading the story on Bodysport, it sounds quite plausible to me for Jenny to have suffered a case of the "stomach flu".  She may have had a contaminated food or beverage the prior evening.  When people say "stomach flu", they are generally referring to the diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting that occurs when you have gastroenteritis.  And you can indeed rapidly deteriorate due to dehydration occurring with gastroenteritis.  "Stomach flu" is not the flu which is caused by the influenza virus.  (Influenza can cause the respiratory illness commonly associated with cold-like symptoms...fever, cough, runny nose, muscle aches, etc.)  A viral gastroenteritis can come and go within 1-10 days, while an influenza flu syndrome may last 1-2 weeks.

-Venus
 www.DrVenus.com

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2006, 11:57:15 AM »
DUN DUN DUN...  "Jenny Lynn's Scandal".

Who are yo Geraldo?  ::)

Jenny was sick, she had to drop out - simple as that. Hardly the makings of a scandal. There were/are a number of people who have been very sick lately. Mark Dugdale and his family fell ill around the time of the IRONMAN and forced him to drop out of the Arnold. Does dieting down and being depleted of fluids help? Of course not.

Kevin - thanks for you and Chairty's reporting over the weekend. I know a number of people commented on it at the EXPO.

LIFT

Elevate Your Image.™

Smack Daddy

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2006, 05:50:45 PM »
Bottom line, drugs in the IFbb are a PROBLEM and will continue to be a problem until media types start reporting the action instead of trying to make money off the action.  If Jenny had the flu or not who really cares because no one will ever admit it if it wasn't.  I have to lean with the "Militia-Men" post.  In this industry if you get sick and have to be rushed to the hospital right before a comp most people will have to assume the worst.  Be real, almost everyone of those competitors was or has taken some type of steroid, illegal cutting agent (clen) or diuretic. 

You know what is really sad.  If it was dehydration and not the flu, Jenny or any other competitor could not say the truth because everyone would attack that competitor when they are only doing what it takes to win in the IFBB. (Competitors don't come back with the dandelion crap because at one time or another you have done something!  Just because that is what you may use now).  Why don't we see any of these "fitness" sites report about that?  Because they know that would mean no more press passes for them!  It seems most of the men involved with fitness/figure only care about the $ it can make them, the pu*** they can get or doing what ever it takes to make the wife/girlfriend win.

I hope Jenny is ok and hope it was just the flu because the effects of the "other" can last a lifetime.  By the way Lift - if Geraldo cared about fitness/figure/bodybuilding there would be drug testing.   

Militia-Men

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2006, 07:35:14 PM »
Glad to see I'm not the only one to think what I do, and the implications it would have on a number of things.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2006, 09:04:41 PM »
This just in... Dun dun dun dun...

Jenny Lynn will now be competing at the Colorado Pro Show, May 12-13th.
http://www.coloradoproshow.com

LIFT

Elevate Your Image.™

CC3

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2006, 09:13:08 PM »
This just in... Dun dun dun dun...
Jenny Lynn will now be competing at the Colorado Pro Show, May 12-13th.
http://www.coloradoproshow.com
LIFT

Sweet.  I hope things come around for her this time.

KGM

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2006, 11:23:36 PM »
The state of the fitness industry and the IFBB is an entirely different conversation than whether or not an individual athlete happened to get sick before a competition.  We felt that having people speculate about something we knew for a fact to not be true needed to be addressed. 

I certainly can't speak to the motives of anyone else who is involved in or covers the sports of Fitness, Figure, or Bodybuilding.  There are some wonderful, hard working people in the industry who do a great deal for a great many without receiving much in return.  Ron Avidan of Getbig is a perfect example.  There are others who might be more beneficial if they just disappeared.  But it's not my place to judge them or to police them.  But I can speak to who we are and what we do for those who are interested. 

I first meet Terry and Elaine Goodlad when they were driving from Canada down to Southern California for Elaine to compete in a Galaxy Competition.  They happened to train at the Gold's Gym I managed in San Jose, California as they had relatives in the area.  Over time we became very close friends and I have never been more impressed with any two people in my life.  I have witnessed them do more things for more people without asking or expecting anything in return than I can begin to explain. I feel very fortunate to be associated with them and be a part of their world.

As to our motives and reasons for the things we do and plan to do, I can only laugh at some of the speculations.  So many people know Terry and Elaine and they are all laughing at any suggestion that they would ever be involved in this industry to the degree that they are for the wrong reasons, with the wrong motives, or in the wrong way.  All you have to do is get to know them and see how they conduct themselves in every situation and then you'll know what I mean.  And I would never dishonor my association with them to do anything inappropriate or suspect.  The motives and track record of anyone involved with us is noncontestable if you know all the facts.  But I understand that many don't know us (me especially) and speculation may always exist. 

We have some very exciting plans and projects scheduled for the near future that we hope will directly benefit a lot of good people in this industry if we do things the right way.  Here's hoping that the days of suspicion and negativism will someday be replaced by times of mutual respect and appreciation.   

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2006, 07:13:58 AM »
Whatever the reason, it totally sucks to train your ass off for a show for weeks... copious amount of cardio, nasty ass food etc... and not be able to compete at the last minute. I felt very bad for her when I heard :-[

GTO KILR

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2006, 06:51:18 PM »
Hope Jenny's ok. She is one of my favorites. By the way does anyone know her marital status? I saw her with that Blair guy in Atlanta last year. Is she still married to the SF firefighter?