Author Topic: Wrestlemania 36 results ...  (Read 9363 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Wrestlemania 36 results ...
« on: April 06, 2020, 04:51:51 AM »
Without a doubt, one of the worst shows I have ever seen bar none...no fans = no reactions, tiny makeshift arena, no payouts for the talent due to no live gate...wow....

Charlotte Flair defeated Rea Ripley to become the new NXT women's champion in probably the best match of the night.

The Undertaker defeated AJ Styles in a gimmicked pre-recorded "bone yard match" that took place in a cemetary. Taker showed up as the American Badass on his Harley...watching an almost 60 year old Undertaker hovel around due to bad hips and multiple surgeries was painful.

Th Fiend / Bray Wyatt defeated John Cena in a gimmick  pre-recorded "Firefly fun house match" which was a complete farse....punching pigs, rats, Bray appearing then disappearing, Cena appearing in his Thug-a-nomics gimmick, then disappearing and re-appearing in his ruthless aggression debut ring attire, just pathetic beyond belief. They didn't even wrestle...Fiend appears, Sister Abigale's Cena, claws Cena and Cena passes out. Even my 8 year old son left the room....no comment here.

Edge defeated Orton with a Concerto chair shot in the last man standing match...this was pretty good. Lots of emotion here.

Morrison representing Miz and Morrison retains the Smackdown tag titles in a triple threat ladder match against Kofi representing the New Day and Jay Uso representing the Uso's. Nothing spectacular here.

Becky Lynch much to my surprise retained the Women's Raw championship after a pinfall on Shana Bazsler....a horrible match as the two just couldn't click. Annoying Becky has once again squeaked by....and people say Roman Reigns is over-rated...all this dumbbell does week after week is cut promo's on how she's "the man" which has grown very tiresome and stale.

Baley retained the Smackdown women's championship defeating Lacey Evans, Sasha Banks (who was pretty much helping here during the match although they did tease a breakup), Naomi and Tamina. Nothing special here, too many ladies in the ring at once.

Sammy Zane defeated Danial Bryan to retain the IC Title - somewhat decent although Zane is flat out annoying.

Alister Black defeated Bobby Lashley in a senseless no build up match

More 24/7 title bullshit that isn't worth typing about...

The Street Profits defeated Angel Garza and partner to retain the Raw tag titles....annoying match...

Drew Macintyre defeated Brock Lesner (surprise surprise as if you all didn't know that was going to happen) in a 5 minute debacle to become the new Universal Champion.

Braun Strowman Defeated a 55 plus year old Goldberg with about 5 powerslams to become the new Smackdown Champion. Roman Reigns backed out of this match do to on going Covid-19 and due to his past health scares didn't want to take chances at catching the virus.

If I missed any matches here, its for good reason, the show really did stink up the air and realistically should have been postponed.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Wrestlemania 36 results ...
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 01:40:37 PM »
Without a doubt, one of the worst shows I have ever seen bar none...no fans = no reactions, tiny makeshift arena, no payouts for the talent due to no live gate...wow....

Charlotte Flair defeated Rea Ripley to become the new NXT women's champion in probably the best match of the night.

The Undertaker defeated AJ Styles in a gimmicked pre-recorded "bone yard match" that took place in a cemetary. Taker showed up as the American Badass on his Harley...watching an almost 60 year old Undertaker hovel around due to bad hips and multiple surgeries was painful.

Th Fiend / Bray Wyatt defeated John Cena in a gimmick  pre-recorded "Firefly fun house match" which was a complete farse....punching pigs, rats, Bray appearing then disappearing, Cena appearing in his Thug-a-nomics gimmick, then disappearing and re-appearing in his ruthless aggression debut ring attire, just pathetic beyond belief. They didn't even wrestle...Fiend appears, Sister Abigale's Cena, claws Cena and Cena passes out. Even my 8 year old son left the room....no comment here.

Edge defeated Orton with a Concerto chair shot in the last man standing match...this was pretty good. Lots of emotion here.

Morrison representing Miz and Morrison retains the Smackdown tag titles in a triple threat ladder match against Kofi representing the New Day and Jay Uso representing the Uso's. Nothing spectacular here.

Becky Lynch much to my surprise retained the Women's Raw championship after a pinfall on Shana Bazsler....a horrible match as the two just couldn't click. Annoying Becky has once again squeaked by....and people say Roman Reigns is over-rated...all this dumbbell does week after week is cut promo's on how she's "the man" which has grown very tiresome and stale.

Baley retained the Smackdown women's championship defeating Lacey Evans, Sasha Banks (who was pretty much helping here during the match although they did tease a breakup), Naomi and Tamina. Nothing special here, too many ladies in the ring at once.

Sammy Zane defeated Danial Bryan to retain the IC Title - somewhat decent although Zane is flat out annoying.

Alister Black defeated Bobby Lashley in a senseless no build up match

More 24/7 title bullshit that isn't worth typing about...

The Street Profits defeated Angel Garza and Leo to retain the Raw tag titles....annoying match...

Drew Macintyre defeated Brock Lesner (surprise surprise as if you all didn't know that was going to happen) in a 5 minute debacle to become the new Universal Champion.

Braun Strowman Defeated a 55 plus year old Goldberg with about 5 powerslams to become the new Smackdown Champion. Roman Reigns backed out of this match do to on going Covid-19 and due to his past health scares didn't want to take chances at catching the virus.

If I missed any matches here, its for good reason, the show really did stink up the air and realistically should have been postponed.

Didn't you get all those YouTube ads, raving about how TERRIFIC 'Taker's "Boneyard Match' was?  ;D

That Firefly match sounds EXACTLY like the match Wyatt had with Orton three years ago, after WM 33 (which Wyatt won, incidentally).

Same goes for Strowman beating Oldberg for the Universal title, a virtual copy of Lesnar beating Mr. Spear for the same belt at WM33 (after beating Owens for it, a little over a month earlier).

I thought NXT was the minor-league farm system to Raw and Smackdown. Flair's winning the NXT women's belt does WHAT again?

And, as I posted month ago, Kofi-Mania is GONE!!! Hard to believe that he was the most over dude in the company a year ago. He got fed to Lesnar (in mere seconds, with no sniff of a rematch), just to promote a WORTHLESS fight with Cain Velasquez overseas.

I guess my streak is over, too. This is the FIRST TIME since WM 20, that I did not see the grandest stage of them all, on the day it actually occurred.

You'd think they could have replicated WM2 and have the big dance, broadcasted live, in multiple spots (even with smaller crowds, with people spaced 6-ft apart).

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 08:59:24 AM »
Didn't you get all those YouTube ads, raving about how TERRIFIC 'Taker's "Boneyard Match' was?  ;D

That Firefly match sounds EXACTLY like the match Wyatt had with Orton three years ago, after WM 33 (which Wyatt won, incidentally).

Same goes for Strowman beating Oldberg for the Universal title, a virtual copy of Lesnar beating Mr. Spear for the same belt at WM33 (after beating Owens for it, a little over a month earlier).

I thought NXT was the minor-league farm system to Raw and Smackdown. Flair's winning the NXT women's belt does WHAT again?

And, as I posted month ago, Kofi-Mania is GONE!!! Hard to believe that he was the most over dude in the company a year ago. He got fed to Lesnar (in mere seconds, with no sniff of a rematch), just to promote a WORTHLESS fight with Cain Velasquez overseas.

I guess my streak is over, too. This is the FIRST TIME since WM 20, that I did not see the grandest stage of them all, on the day it actually occurred.

You'd think they could have replicated WM2 and have the big dance, broadcasted live, in multiple spots (even with smaller crowds, with people spaced 6-ft apart).

LOL....I thought the whole show was a debacle....only matches that I felt were good were Charlotte vs Ripley and Edge vs Orton. Everything else looked painful. You actually beat me...I thought I would be the last holdout and be the one not to watch. being its Wrestlemania, I gave it a chance but I should've followed suit as to what you did. Vince should have just postponed the damn event.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 09:15:28 AM »
LOL....I thought the whole show was a debacle....only matches that I felt were good were Charlotte vs Ripley and Edge vs Orton. Everything else looked painful. You actually beat me...I thought I would be the last holdout and be the one not to watch. being its Wrestlemania, I gave it a chance but I should've followed suit as to what you did. Vince should have just postponed the damn event.

Indeed. I really wanted to go, especially since it was scheduled to be in Raymond James Stadium (where my favorite team plays).

I can see Edge and Orton having a good match. But, why were all the online ads, singing the praises of the "Boneyard Match" with Taker and Styles?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 09:21:41 AM »
Indeed. I really wanted to go, especially since it was scheduled to be in Raymond James Stadium (where my favorite team plays).

[b]I can see Edge and Orton having a good match. But, why were all the online ads, singing the praises of the "Boneyard Match" with Taker and Styles?
[/b]
That was a really painful thing to watch. AJ took a few good bumps but all it was, was a glorified buried alive match hat took place in a cemetery. To me the worst was This firefly funhouse match....jeez...could it get any worse?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 10:23:00 AM »
[/b]
That was a really painful thing to watch. AJ took a few good bumps but all it was, was a glorified buried alive match hat took place in a cemetery. To me the worst was This firefly funhouse match....jeez...could it get any worse?

I've yet to see it. But, if it was anything like the "House of Horrors" match that Wyatt had with Orton three years ago, I don't know if I want to see it.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 11:43:52 AM »
I've yet to see it. But, if it was anything like the "House of Horrors" match that Wyatt had with Orton three years ago, I don't know if I want to see it.
Trust me, you don't....I can't even being to describe it.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 11:59:37 AM »
Trust me, you don't....I can't even being to describe it.

I'll take your word for it. Now, is Wyatt going to go after Strowman to get the Universal title back (after all, he never got a rematch with Orton for the world title; the belt wasn't on the line during the "House of Horrors" match, which made NO SENSE at all)?

Or has he, like Kingston, been rendered back to irrelevance?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 04:18:22 AM »
I'll take your word for it. Now, is Wyatt going to go after Strowman to get the Universal title back (after all, he never got a rematch with Orton for the world title; the belt wasn't on the line during the "House of Horrors" match, which made NO SENSE at all)?

Or has he, like Kingston, been rendered back to irrelevance?
Who knows, right now everything is in Limbo. I'd like to see a Strauman vs Fiend fued. I'd also like to see Becky and Baley respectively lose their titles too. they have both grown stale, Lynch more than Baley. At least Baley wrestles weekly. Lynch comes out, cuts the same promo about her "I'm the man" gender nonsense and leaves. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2020, 12:26:24 PM »
Who knows, right now everything is in Limbo. I'd like to see a Strauman vs Fiend fued. I'd also like to see Becky and Baley respectively lose their titles too. they have both grown stale, Lynch more than Baley. At least Baley wrestles weekly. Lynch comes out, cuts the same promo about her "I'm the man" gender nonsense and leaves.  

Indeed. How does having Lynch be Raw women's champ for over a year help anybody, UNLESS somebody is going to cash MITB on her later this year?

I finally bit the bullet and watched the much-ballyhooed "Boneyard Match". It's just as Jim Cornette said (via his podcast, which I heard after I watched the 'match'): Was this a bad wrestling match or a good action-movie scene?

Apparently, making 'Taker a biker again (and having Styles, constantly blaring that Michelle McCool is the Deadman's wife) is supposed to make The Phenom mortal enough to retire. But, after getting beat up and wheezing like a dying horse, 'Taker still has his "teleportation" powers intact. He appears behind Styles, fresh as a daisy and no wounds anywhere (not even on the arm that he smashed through the window of the hearse).

"You don't last 30 years around here, without being able to take some @$$-kicking!!". And he also kept his fire powers (even in biker mode).

Plus, I learned that AJ Styles' first name is Allen (or Alan). How nice!!  ;D

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2020, 02:30:08 PM »

Youtube it.  It was nothing like that.  3 years ago at least Orton actually WRESTLED and fought in it.  I mean, this was like an 80s B sci fi show that came after midnight.

Just like I predicted in the other thread.  Nothing for either of them here.  Just bullshit.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2020, 04:03:26 PM »
Youtube it.  It was nothing like that.  3 years ago at least Orton actually WRESTLED and fought in it.  I mean, this was like an 80s B sci fi show that came after midnight.

Just like I predicted in the other thread.  Nothing for either of them here.  Just bullshit.

Both you and Playboy have confirmed that the Firefly Funhouse "match" (with Wyatt and Cena) was EVEN WORSE than the "House of Horrors" match with Wyatt and Orton.

So far, all I've seen is the "Boneyard Match" with 'Taker and Styles. I'm sure you just LOOOOOOOOVED that one.  ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2020, 10:03:52 AM »
Both you and Playboy have confirmed that the Firefly Funhouse "match" (with Wyatt and Cena) was EVEN WORSE than the "House of Horrors" match with Wyatt and Orton.

So far, all I've seen is the "Boneyard Match" with 'Taker and Styles. I'm sure you just LOOOOOOOOVED that one.  ;D

Embarrassing....How Vince isn't embarrassed and ashamed of that farce is beyond me. CM Punk and several others were right on the money when they said, "Vince McMahon is an old man out of touch with reality. Firefly Funhouse match......wow....

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2020, 03:00:28 PM »
Embarrassing....How Vince isn't embarrassed and ashamed of that farce is beyond me. CM Punk and several others were right on the money when they said, "Vince McMahon is an old man out of touch with reality. Firefly Funhouse match......wow....

If the governors (Desantis, in particular) start opening things up in the near-immediate future, McMahon is going to wish he'd just held out, until he could put 'Mania in Ray Jay (as was originally intended).

At what point does he hang it up and hand the reigns fully over to Helmsley?

BTW, it looks as if Wyatt wants his creepy clown belt back; so he's feuding with Strowman (as opposed to Reigns, who was originally supposed to get the blue strap at WM36).

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2020, 06:13:11 AM »
If the governors (Desantis, in particular) start opening things up in the near-immediate future, McMahon is going to wish he'd just held out, until he could put 'Mania in Ray Jay (as was originally intended).

At what point does he hang it up and hand the reigns fully over to Helmsley?

BTW, it looks as if Wyatt wants his creepy clown belt back; so he's feuding with Strowman (as opposed to Reigns, who was originally supposed to get the blue strap at WM36).
He took a big hit pay wise on the gate gross of Wrestlemania. The wrestlers too must have been furious. Their WM payouts are based off the gate.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2020, 05:55:40 PM »
He took a big hit pay wise on the gate gross of Wrestlemania. The wrestlers too must have been furious. Their WM payouts are based off the gate.

Looking back at it, since Gov. Desantis opened up the state earlier than most governors did, Vince McMahon could have really gone old school and do WM36 the way he did WM2: Pick three different locations hold the matches.

With social distancing, he could have held the undercard matches at the performance center in Orlando; the mid card matches at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg (my old home town  ;D ), and upper-card main event matches at Ray Jay in Tampa.