Author Topic: I need a new workout routine!! help  (Read 5458 times)

Tightenup

• Getbig II
I need a new workout routine!! help
« on: July 03, 2006, 11:42:57 PM »
I am 17 and ive really gotten in to working out, I wrestle so im in good shape.. Im looking for a better workout cause i feel that my routine isnt doing it for me. I am looking to get my chest, ARMS bigger and CUT... Heres my routine

Bench
4 sets of 10 reps Bench
4 sets of 10 reps Incline
4 sets of 10 reps Decline

4 sets of 15 Curls
3 sets of behind the back dumbell tricept workout
3 sets of 25 Military presses
3 sets of 10 Single arm concentration curls

Burnout
Bench dumbell fly's

this routine, is the routine i do at home with the weights i own. I have acces to a gym, so any new intense routines would be welcomed..

thanks Rick

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: I need a new workout routine!! help
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 01:55:25 AM »
Hello Rick.

I'm sure Derek (Big_D) would like to get to know you. ;D

All kidding aside,

give us some info on your wrestling:

1. How serious are you with the wrestling?

2. You try to get to national level and later on Olympics? Or are you just competing part-time?

3. During what times of the year do you wrestle?

4. During these seasons, how many times a week do you train, and for how long?

5. What do you weigh?

Once you get back with these answers, we're gonna be able to give you more qualified advice.

Reason I'm asking, is because someone who's serious about wrestling should train very specific for his sport.

Also, it's good to know how much you train, as to avoid you being overtrained.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Tightenup

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 10:25:51 AM »
Hey
1. Im not that serious with wrestling ,but season is not till November so I wont be wrestling for awhile
2. I just wrestle for my high school man, thats all I plan on doing
3. I wrestle from Nov-Feb
4. We practice Mon-Fri
5. I use to weigh 134 before i started working out, now I weigh 150

If it helps im also taking: No-Explode, Cell Mass, Whey Protein, L-Glutamine capsules 500mg, Fish oil, liquid aminos and capsule aminos.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 03:50:32 PM »
Hey
1. Im not that serious with wrestling ,but season is not till November so I wont be wrestling for awhile
2. I just wrestle for my high school man, thats all I plan on doing
3. I wrestle from Nov-Feb
4. We practice Mon-Fri
5. I use to weigh 134 before i started working out, now I weigh 150

If it helps im also taking: No-Explode, Cell Mass, Whey Protein, L-Glutamine capsules 500mg, Fish oil, liquid aminos and capsule aminos.

Great.

Check out the Max-OT protocol. It's a great layout, and it has every workout in detail.

http://www.freedomfly.net/Documents/MAX-OT.pdf

Should exactly what you are looking for.

You wanted to target specific muscles, but you will not be able to build say arms more by training them more. This layout works, so don't add any additional sets, you'll just risk overtraining.

I don't think I need to go into specifics, pretty much all is explained in the Max-OT, that's part of the beauty with it.

Hit the weights real hard until you get near the wrestling season. Then post again.

Regarding your supplements, I strongly recommend you to drop everything but the whey protein. Fish oil is real good, but can be substituted for flax seed oil.

Buy some fast carbs, dextrose or maltodextrin. Buy it from one of those home beer brewing kit stores.

Reason for dropping most of your supplements, is because most of them aren't anywhere near as good as whole food. And if you start to believe that your training and results are dependent on a bunch of supps, then your workouts will suck.

Stick with basic food, fast carbs and protein post workout. Add the occasional protein drink throughout the day, 10-15 grams of protein. Also before bed. If I were you, I'd consider changing to a blended protein. Pro M3 or Nitrean, or one of the bigger companies. Just ask in your local GNC or check the internet.

Make sure to get quality carbs in, such as brown rice, whole grain pasta et al. Fish, chicken and eggs are excellent sources for protein. As is soy.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 01:27:46 AM »
BENCH DIPS SHIT AND PISS SWEET GOLDEN SHOWERS OF OWNAGE UPON YOUR EXPECTANT FACE

/THREAD
LOCK IT UP

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 07:59:03 AM »
I am 17 and ive really gotten in to working out, I wrestle so im in good shape.. Im looking for a better workout cause i feel that my routine isnt doing it for me. I am looking to get my chest, ARMS bigger and CUT... Heres my routine

Bench
4 sets of 10 reps Bench
4 sets of 10 reps Incline
4 sets of 10 reps Decline

4 sets of 15 Curls
3 sets of behind the back dumbell tricept workout
3 sets of 25 Military presses
3 sets of 10 Single arm concentration curls

Burnout
Bench dumbell fly's

this routine, is the routine i do at home with the weights i own. I have acces to a gym, so any new intense routines would be welcomed..

thanks Rick

The type of training you are now doing is a waste of time for wrestling.  It will make you slow.

You want to develop explosive power, strength and endurance for wrestling:

Power cleans
Push press
Pullups
Dips
Pushups
Power curls
Calf raises
A grip exercise like plate pinches and/or wrist curls.

Do interval cardio training: Sprints running, sprints on an exercise bike, etc.

Lift weights and do one cardio exercise 2-3 times a week.