Author Topic: UFC 141 - Brock Lesner: That was terrible  (Read 33517 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Re: Lesnar fanboys look really stupid now
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2011, 01:55:00 PM »
Go ask Dana White for a job. He will laugh in your face. You have the same credentials as a cub scout; or a girl scout.... No credentials. You are not worthy to mentioned in the same sentence as Mir, Lesnar, or Couture, or Herring. Seriously.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2011, 01:58:13 PM »
Go ask Dana White for a job. He will laugh in your face. You have the same credentials as a cub scout; or a girl scout.... No credentials. You are not worthy to mentioned in the same sentence as Mir, Lesnar, or Couture, or Herring. Seriously.
Dana was a jobman for a Boston hotel. I'm sure he can give you a recommendation.    ;D

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2011, 02:00:58 PM »

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2011, 02:03:13 PM »

nope! That AC Slater dude is basically putting down 4 very, very solid MMA fighters.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2011, 02:11:25 PM »
just trolling ya ;D

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2011, 02:13:31 PM »
just trolling ya ;D

its all good.

There is no way couture is "overrated".

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2011, 02:47:58 PM »
its all good.

There is no way couture is "overrated".

Yeah, a 19-11 record qualifies one as 'legendary' status  ::)
I dont like twinks.

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
  • I'm like a retard minus the strength
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2011, 02:55:21 PM »
Swede on suicide watch!

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2011, 02:56:37 PM »

He has been UFC light heavyweight champ.... And then, during 2 different era's he was UFC heavyweight champ.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2011, 02:58:22 PM »
Most overrated fighter ever .

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2011, 03:02:09 PM »
Fedor of 2005 would of ripped Lesnars head off, Fedor now would still hurt him real bad.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2011, 03:03:52 PM »
Fedor of 2005 would of ripped Lesnars head off, Fedor now would still hurt him real bad.

I dont question that. Fedor = best ever

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2011, 04:32:53 PM »
Lesnar = white kimbo slice.

Finishes his career with a 5-3 record (should be 4-4 if you count the ass beating he got from carwin).  This chump was ranked in the top 3 in the world by most MMA ranking systems for 3+ years.  They sure look stupid as hell now, as does everyone who bought the hype.
I dont like twinks.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2011, 04:35:30 PM »
Lesnar = white kimbo slice.

Finishes his career with a 5-3 record (should be 4-4 if you count the ass beating he got from carwin).  This chump was ranked in the top 3 in the world by most MMA ranking systems for 3+ years.  They sure look stupid as hell now, as does everyone who bought the hype.
Who is the bigger Fraud in your opinion, Brock or Kimbo?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2011, 04:45:52 PM »
Who is the bigger Fraud in your opinion, Brock or Kimbo?
Brock.
Kimbo wasnt coddled and handed the heavyweight title, Kimbo was expected to start at the bottom as it should be.
Brock wasnt expected to pay his dues. He went with little to no fighting experience into a hyper-competitive organization and he was given a title shot right away.
He should have never held that title, if he had to go up the ranks like everyone else, like JDS, Cain, etc, he would have NEVER had that belt.
As it was, Dana practically handed it to him.

As far as Mir and Couture, Mir is a Can and Couture was once a great fighter, but hes waaayyyyy over the hill, so trying to argue that Lesnar didnt fight cans using Couture is rediculous. It would be one thing if he was younger in his prime, but he wasnt.

Lesnar was handed opponents he could  manhandle and destroy, it was a very calculated move on Dana's part to capitalize on his star power. Unfortunatley all it did now was undermine the credibility of the title IMHO. However Im sure it made Dana a ton of money so from that angle im sure Danas decision with Brock was a smart one, and Im sure Dana would have thrown Brock away without giving a damn if Brock hadnt retired.

Like Groink said, Brock is not a fighter, hes a wrestler, I have a close friend just like him, amazing wrestler, he trained MMA for a bit with me and just couldnt stand getting hit in the face, he only showed up on the days we did groundwork. He would spar as long as it was someone he could dominate, but as soon as it was someone who posed a challenge, he had no heart for fighting. He liked wrestling because he could use his size/strength and dominate most people (including me, must have tapped me a dozen times for every 1 I got him. Although he did have 75lbs on me). Exactly like Brock.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2011, 04:50:27 PM »
Brock.
Kimbo wasnt coddled and handed the heavyweight title, Kimbo was expected to start at the bottom as it should be.
Brock wasnt expected to pay his dues. He went with little to no fighting experience into a hyper-competitive organization and he was given a title shot right away.
He should have never held that title, if he had to go up the ranks like everyone else, like JDS, Cain, etc, he would have NEVER had that belt.
As it was, Dana practically handed it to him.

As far as Mir and Couture, Mir is a Can and Couture was once a great fighter, but hes waaayyyyy over the hill, so trying to argue that Lesnar didnt fight cans using Couture is rediculous. It would be one thing if he was younger in his prime, but he wasnt.

Lesnar was handed opponents he could  manhandle and destroy, it was a very calculated move on Dana's part to capitalize on his star power. Unfortunatley all it did now was undermine the credibility of the title IMHO. However Im sure it made Dana a ton of money so from that angle im sure Danas decision with Brock was a smart one, and Im sure Dana would have thrown Brock away without giving a damn if Brock hadnt retired.

Like Groink said, Brock is not a fighter, hes a wrestler, I have a close friend just like him, amazing wrestler, he trained MMA for a bit with me and just couldnt stand getting hit in the face, he only showed up on the days we did groundwork. He would spar as long as it was someone he could dominate, but as soon as it was someone who posed a challenge, he had no heart for fighting. He liked wrestling because he could use his size/strength and dominate most people (including me, must have tapped me a dozen times for every 1 I got him. Although he did have 75lbs on me). Exactly like Brock.

Kimbo is actually tough and isnt afraid of getting hit..

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2011, 04:56:19 PM »
Kimbo is actually tough and isnt afraid of getting hit..
Agreed. Kimbo is a fighter, even if he isnt good enough to fight in the Pro MMA ranks, he still had that fighting spirit.
Brock does not. And I dont think that is something someone can learn without dedicating years of life to changing themselves. IMHO, 99% of the time theyre born with it.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2011, 05:02:32 PM »
Agreed. Kimbo is a fighter, even if he isnt good enough to fight in the Pro MMA ranks, he still had that fighting spirit.
Brock does not. And I dont think that is something someone can learn without dedicating years of life to changing themselves. IMHO, 99% of the time theyre born with it.
Agreed with your assessment above. Kimbo learned boxing somewhere, and watching his backyard fights, he was slow, but when he connected---he did damage. I think RealityKings pushed him into the MMA thing, he needed more training and to increase his speed and endurance...
Once he got in, people (who followed him from YouTube) were expecting him to dominate...I wasn't.

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2011, 05:03:55 PM »
Best thread to end 2011 with!!! :D

Let's welcome in 2012!!!

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2011, 05:12:17 PM »
Agreed with your assessment above. Kimbo learned boxing somewhere, and watching his backyard fights, he was slow, but when he connected---he did damage. I think RealityKings pushed him into the MMA thing, he needed more training and to increase his speed and endurance...
Once he got in, people (who followed him from YouTube) were expecting him to dominate...I wasn't.

Give me a fucken break. Kimbo was the biggest fraud the sport will ever see. The guy couldn't even handle one leg kick. He was way to old when he started training and wasn't an expert in any specific skill. Some of you clowns must of gotten your head flushed down the toilet in highschool by a big bully or something. Brock ran the fucking gauntlet of the best Dana White could possibly throw at him with only a wrestling pedigree. He looked unstoppable until he got hurt bad by Carwin. He was just bull rushing right through people. The guy had 10 inches of his fucken colon taken out you fools don't think that might of had something to do with it  ::) Idiots.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2011, 05:18:58 PM »
Give me a fucken break. Kimbo was the biggest fraud the sport will ever see. The guy couldn't even handle one leg kick. He was way to old when he started training and wasn't an expert in any specific skill. Some of you clowns must of gotten your head flushed down the toilet in highschool by a big bully or something. Brock ran the fucking gauntlet of the best Dana White could possibly throw at him with only a wrestling pedigree. He looked unstoppable until he got hurt bad by Carwin. He was just bull rushing right through people. The guy had 10 inches of his fucken colon taken out you fools don't think that might of had something to do with it  ::) Idiots.

Cmon dude you have to admit Kimbo is at least a born fighter. Guy is tough, even though hes not on the level of a comp MMA fighter..

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
Re: UFC 141 - Brock Lesner: That was terrible
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2011, 05:27:37 PM »
I agree Kimbos tough but his skills are absolutely garbage. He could easily make heavyweight lets see how well he does against Brock. He would get raped. Brock was a division one national champ that takes way more athleticim, skill, hard work, than any bbj black belt or any of that other bullshit. I know Brock doesn't like to get hit. But who does he got smashed by some of the hardest hitters in the world and came back for more. The bashing is getting ridicolous. So what if he was a fake wrestler. It's just a job. Franklin a school teacher etc etc...

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2011, 07:03:24 PM »
No one said Kimbo was a great fighter - he wasnt. But he had the fighter attitude.
Brock does not have it. It doesnt show up when theyre winning. It shows when theyre hurt, in trouble, behind. Thats when you see someone who is a fighter, a real fighter.
You make a good analogy with the bully comment. Brock is a bully, not a fighter, and he got exposed as such. As soon as he had some competition, as soon as he took a hit, he ran, gave up, didnt want to do it anymore. You try pointing to his bullrushing through his early fights, duh, against cans and people who can barely walk, let alone fight. (Yes I realize im exaggerating)

As much as I like your a lot of your posts dude, the fact is Lesnar is the biggest fraud in UFC history IMHO, he's the Kovacs of MMA, all hype, no substance.
Yeah, he won the title, against a bunch of people either half brocks size, twice his age, or both. As soon as he got tested, he folded. Fight after fight he embarassed himself, he embarassed the people he beat to win the title, and everyone who showed faith in him with pathetic performances proving he doesnt want to fight, he just wants to dominate, and if he cant dominate he doesnt want to play. Thats a fucking bully, not a fighter. Sorry to burst your bubble.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2011, 07:06:02 PM »
No one said Kimbo was a great fighter - he wasnt. But he had the fighter attitude.
Brock does not have it. It doesnt show up when theyre winning. It shows when theyre hurt, in trouble, behind. Thats when you see someone who is a fighter, a real fighter.
You make a good analogy with the bully comment. Brock is a bully, not a fighter, and he got exposed as such. As soon as he had some competition, as soon as he took a hit, he ran, gave up, didnt want to do it anymore. You try pointing to his bullrushing through his early fights, duh, against cans and people who can barely walk, let alone fight. (Yes I realize im exaggerating)

As much as I like your a lot of your posts dude, the fact is Lesnar is the biggest fraud in UFC history IMHO, he's the Kovacs of MMA, all hype, no substance.
Yeah, he won the title, against a bunch of people either half brocks size, twice his age, or both. As soon as he got tested, he folded. Fight after fight he embarassed himself, he embarassed the people he beat to win the title, and everyone who showed faith in him with pathetic performances proving he doesnt want to fight, he just wants to dominate, and if he cant dominate he doesnt want to play. Thats a fucking bully, not a fighter. Sorry to burst your bubble.

wow, great post man. I read the whole thing

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
Re: Lesner:That was terrible
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2011, 08:27:03 PM »
BLACK POWER...well half black power anyway...lol
lol

::)
T