Author Topic: Anybody else tired of these bullshit Peloton commercials?  (Read 6374 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Anybody else tired of these bullshit Peloton commercials?
« on: December 22, 2019, 04:07:47 PM »
I'm sure some of you have seen these ridiculous Peloton commercials that are clearly marketed for select groups of customers that are clearly composed of the in-shape, middle/upper class of society with beautiful homes that sport breathtaking views. This "bike" runs for $2,200 and you have to pay a $40/month subscription to have people yell at your ass.

Here's a taste of this shit as clearly aimed to the upper class:

This one below aimed towards the middle class with the Asian guy sweating his balls off during Xmas morning, because instead of making his love to his husband prior to the kids waking up to open gifts, he'd much rather be biking away to the sounds of an aggressive looking black guy yelling at his ass:

Commercials paint this picture:

What I see many people is putting together this setup in their tiny apartments:

What say you all?

"1"

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Re: Anybody else tired of these bullshit Peloton commercials?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 07:03:22 PM »
This twitter thread is my favorite send up of the whole Peloton fad -

https://twitter.com/ClueHeywood/status/1089699762331217920 .

I can't wait till they start hitting Craigslist en mass, and people realize their $2200 bike is worth $300 tops.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 07:05:51 PM »
Sometimes I’ll move the Peloton bike into our gallery so I can spend time with my half gay husband while he reads Architectural Digest wearing combat boots

lol

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2019, 07:13:03 PM »
That's an expensive coat rack/clothes dryer.  I have only seen it briefly on a friend's TV or in an office at work as while I own a TV, I only watch movies on it.  Movies that I own.

I think that these things are just a variation on the same old theme.  I cannot ride a bicycle but if I could I would much rather be outdoors in the fresh air going somewhere I wanted to go to on my bike.

I also think electric assist bikes are also overpriced.  Again, I cannot ride a bicycle but if I could it would be a bicycle, not a simulation. 

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2019, 07:19:20 PM »
Do you have less discipline than a 6 year old? Do you need a recorded message on a screen to keep you from lying there like a lump of jelly? Does your crushing social isolation make you yearn for group participation even though you're not quite ready to leave your house with the gawd awful PVC faux victorian windows? Are you ready to signal your commitment to a life changing exercise program by outlaying thousands instead of changing your dietary and exercise habits without spending thousands?

Peloton - So expensive you'll HAVE to get off your ass.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2019, 07:20:42 PM »
Do you have less discipline than a 6 year old? Do you need a recorded message on a screen to keep you from lying there like a lump of jelly? Does your crushing social isolation make you yearn for group participation even though you're not quite ready to leave your house with the gawd awful PVC faux victorian windows? Are you ready to signal your commitment to a life changing exercise program by outlaying thousands instead of changing your dietary and exercise habits without spending thousands?

;D

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2019, 07:23:39 PM »
I despise exercise class leaders......

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2019, 07:24:13 PM »
Id like a Schwinn airdyne actually.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2019, 07:26:58 PM »
Cheesiest commercials on the planet. Hella gay

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2019, 07:28:41 PM »
one thing - they have many folks talking about their adds so that part is working

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2019, 07:29:08 PM »
This twitter thread is my favorite send up of the whole Peloton fad -

https://twitter.com/ClueHeywood/status/1089699762331217920 .

I can't wait till they start hitting Craigslist en mass, and people realize their $2200 bike is worth $300 tops.

Those were my thoughts exactly. It's a cheap stationery bike with an Ipad on it. Just buy a used stationery bike worth $100, get an outdated Ipad attached to that bitch with WiFi capabilities and head on over to YouTube to get a makeshift spin class video going and there you have a Peloton.

"1"

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2019, 07:29:33 PM »

It's a well built piece of equipment.

Worth much more than 300 bucks.

As for the commercial, much ado about nothing.
Y

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2019, 07:30:07 PM »
That's an expensive coat rack/clothes dryer.  I have only seen it briefly on a friend's TV or in an office at work as while I own a TV, I only watch movies on it.  Movies that I own.

I think that these things are just a variation on the same old theme.  I cannot ride a bicycle but if I could I would much rather be outdoors in the fresh air going somewhere I wanted to go to on my bike.

I also think electric assist bikes are also overpriced.  Again, I cannot ride a bicycle but if I could it would be a bicycle, not a simulation. 

I remember the 80's when everyone had a stationery bike in their home dressed in wet clothing.

"1"

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2019, 07:31:19 PM »

Masterful as always!

"1"

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2019, 07:41:30 PM »

I picked up a used one off Craigslist for my garage gym. It had a broken screen on the small monitor that keeps track of distance and time, so I took it off. It looks like I can mount a phone or iPad holder where it used to be. I now have a potential Peloton in the making. Very exciting

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2019, 07:47:31 PM »
I picked up a used one off Craigslist for my garage gym. It had a broken screen on the small monitor that keeps track of distance and time, so I took it off. It looks like I can mount a phone or iPad holder where it used to be. I now have a potential Peloton in the making. Very exciting

I don't think you can do a spin class on an airdyne.

If you can, good luck.

I have a Schwinn AD6 that I got off craigslist.

Sprints are brutal.
Y

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2019, 03:54:06 AM »

Good call - love these
T

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2019, 04:19:20 AM »
Think about it this way:

You can join a gym for $10 per month for 18 years and it equals the price of a  Peloton bike.

Does not seem worth it at all.
X

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2019, 04:25:02 AM »
Think about it this way:

You can join a gym for $10 per month for 18 years and it equals the price of a  Peloton bike.

Forex not seem worth it at all.

Sounds like somebody trains at Planet Fitness

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2019, 05:30:36 AM »
Too each their own if you can afford it buy it if you like pedaling to nowhere, but at least make it more realistic everyone in these ads are already thin and pretty much in standard shape.At least with the total gym ads they are overweight regular people trying to get into shape.
p

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2019, 05:32:40 AM »

I actually go to Youfit and Crunch Fitness and both are $10.00 per month.
X

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2019, 05:56:20 AM »
I'm sure some of you have seen these ridiculous Peloton commercials that are clearly marketed for select groups of customers that are clearly composed of the in-shape, middle/upper class of society with beautiful homes that sport breathtaking views. This "bike" runs for $2,200 and you have to pay a $40/month subscription to have people yell at your ass.

I heard that the male actor in the first commercial was called sexist for the role, and he was thrown under the bus for essentially doing his job.

Spending thousands of dollars on women is naturally sexist...but everything is, so...

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2019, 06:01:35 AM »
I heard that the male actor in the first commercial was called sexist for the role, and he was thrown under the bus for essentially doing his job.

Spending thousands of dollars on women is naturally sexist...but everything is, so...
Yep fucked up and she wanted the damn thing he just bought it for her '' what a horrible person ''  ::)
p

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2019, 06:18:26 AM »

Is this part of the "woke" culture?

"1"

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2019, 07:07:06 AM »
Is this part of the "woke" culture?

"1"

Wrath junkies.

Said it before, I'll say it again. Ugly people are often angry people. Women in particular. Seething miseryguts.