Author Topic: I'm liking M-1 more and more  (Read 2157 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
I'm liking M-1 more and more
« on: November 21, 2007, 02:21:38 PM »
M-1 Global and former members of Dream Stage Entertainment announced Wednesday in Tokyo that they will collaborate on a New Year's Eve event at Saitama Super Arena.

Among the representatives present at the news conference, which was held at the arena, were M-1 Global executive committee member and M-1 Mix Fight president Vadim Finkelstein, PRIDE heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko ,former PRIDE president Nobuhiko Takada , PRIDE's former public relations representative Keiichi Sasahara, DEEP boss and former Bushido matchmaker Shigeru Saeki, former PRIDE MC's Kei Grant and Lenne Hardt as well as Daisuke Sato, the man behind the production for the company.

The large group of former and current power brokers of the Japanese MMA market announced a joint venture for Dec. 31 that will have Emelianenko fight in the main event against Korean kickboxer Hong Man Choi.

Other possible participants named were former Bushido aces Hayato Sakurai , Shinya Aoki , Tatsuya Kawajiri , Mitsuhiro Ishida  and Kazuo Misaki . Top foreign free agents mentioned were Joachim Hansen , Ricardo Arona , Gilbert Melendez  and Luiz Azeredo . M-1 also brought up Russian heavyweights Aleksander Emelianenko  and Roman Zentsov.

Although the event will not be available on Japanese cable TV, SkyPerfecTV has agreed to carry the show on pay-per-view.

All they need is a ring and knees on the ground and we got ourselves a ballgame.
Predictions
 40/61

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: I'm liking M-1 more and more
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 04:45:46 PM »
PRIDE's basically been reborn. No more shitty UFC cards!!!!!

The last time I was this excited for something was when Bluto's mom let me bust up her left nostril.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 05:44:36 PM »
nice  ;D

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 06:38:13 PM »
where's takanari gomi damn it !!

I could have swore I read something not long ago about fedors brother signing with the UFC too !

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 06:47:32 PM »

Gomi supposedly signed with k-1 Hero's, he might fight in Feb. or March.
Predictions
 40/61

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 10:25:58 PM »
HAHAHAHA YES!!!!!!!.  Fuck the UFC and fuck Dana white!  They spent all that money to dismantle PRIDE nd then have done nothing since.  Now its coming back and once it gets established I'm going to tokyo baby!

hahahahaha!

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 02:43:57 AM »

I could have swore I read something not long ago about fedors brother signing with the UFC too !

Geo, i dont have the exact page right now, but i read yesterday that Alexander was also under M-1 and would probably fight the same day with Fedor....I read that on a brazilian site, probably tatame.com.br or portaldovaletudo.com.br
If Alexander was in top form right now and fought in UFC, considering CroCop´s state, he would become champion very quick i think
!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 04:55:56 AM »
m-1 need to do a lot better than that... main card is horrible, typical japanse retards that cant let go over their obsession with giants... then a half dozen japanse light weight fighters and a bunch of ufc rejects and left overs... even a die hard pride fan gotta see that even at its best, m-1 would be just a shadow of pride... deeply wounded by all fighters leaving for ufc.

not impressed.
Z

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2007, 07:40:15 AM »
m-1 need to do a lot better than that... main card is horrible, typical japanse retards that cant let go over their obsession with giants... then a half dozen japanse light weight fighters and a bunch of ufc rejects and left overs... even a die hard pride fan gotta see that even at its best, m-1 would be just a shadow of pride... deeply wounded by all fighters leaving for ufc.

not impressed.

well, its just their first thing...ufc its like on 80 something event....give the guys some time...UFC need some really good competition, M-1 or other
!

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2007, 10:47:17 AM »

not impressed.

How could the main card be horrible if they haven't even officially announced most of the fights yet?  Let me tell you how Shinya Aoki and Gilbert Melendez are UFC rejects, they would tear through most of the guys in the lightweight division right now. The last UFC was garbage, this M-1 event should easily be better than that.  Sometimes it's not the names that make a good fight.  You're just looking for an excuse to disagree with somebody whose knowledge threatens you.
Predictions
 40/61

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2007, 10:56:28 AM »
How could the main card be horrible if they haven't even officially announced most of the fights yet?  Let me tell you how Shinya Aoki and Gilbert Melendez are UFC rejects, they would tear through most of the guys in the lightweight division right now. The last UFC was garbage, this M-1 event should easily be better than that.  Sometimes it's not the names that make a good fight.  You're just looking for an excuse to disagree with somebody whose knowledge threatens you.
I think with dana having bought out pride and fans having all these great "superfight and super card" expectations,M-1 coming into play just might mean we're gonna be seeing more than a few sub standard PPV's in the future

can't wait for liddell and wandy though

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2007, 10:59:16 AM »

I agree that the last UFC card was horrible. But do you think the next one is going to be bad as well? Chuck vs. Wandy and Serra vs. Hughes sound pretty good to me. Btw, is the rest of the card posted on here somewhere?
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2007, 11:04:53 AM »

eh main fight, not main card. im not impressed with having fedor fight that retard giant.

and my point is, as i say above: "even a die hard pride fan gotta see that even at its best, m-1 would be just a shadow of pride"

if you disagree with that. fine. i cant see how anyone can come to another conclusion considering the number of top fighters that left pride for ufc.
Z

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2007, 11:08:51 AM »
I agree that the last UFC card was horrible. But do you think the next one is going to be bad as well? Chuck vs. Wandy and Serra vs. Hughes sound pretty good to me. Btw, is the rest of the card posted on here somewhere?

so far another good match up on that card.....

Lyoto Machida Vs. Rameau Sokoudjou

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2007, 12:41:50 AM »
so far another good match up on that card.....

Lyoto Machida Vs. Rameau Sokoudjou

That's a huge fight but I wouldn't call it a good match up by any means.  Soku should be fighting a wrestler for his first fight IMO.