Author Topic: Question about the squat  (Read 5765 times)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: Question about the squat
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2009, 04:18:50 AM »
CRAZY stuff... very impressive!   8)

:)

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009, 05:26:11 AM »
The first couple of dumbells were made from an old conveyor belt roller that i cut into pieces for the "bells" and i would cut the steel into circles and spend ages getting a perfect fit inside the bell.Then i realised that a 8"diameter circle of steel 1"thick weighed the same as a load of scrap pieces put together like a jigsaw,and i used the metal filings as "grout" inbetween the pieces to fill all the gaps in.I just made chalk marks 1" apart inside and put the scrap in up to that level,then put it on the scales to weigh it,and as long as it was getting heavier by the same amount each inch i could work out what the final weight would be.I`ll take some pics of the other dumbells i`ve made with an unconventional design tommorrow.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2009, 04:07:01 AM »
Here`s a pic of the 25lber,i found a length of 2 inch wide steel that was too narrow to use as the bell of the weight,so i cut them down and put them side by side inside some steel casing.I managed to make pairs of 25,30 and 35lbers from the length of steel.

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2009, 01:12:48 PM »
Crownshep, you're like MacGuyver when it comes to gym equipment.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2009, 03:34:47 PM »

hahaha its true, crownshep you could probably get in a workout anywhere

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2009, 11:14:01 AM »

Haha,when i bought my TITAN homegym,the website that i first saw it on had a message board and i would think up new exercises to do on it.Then Szultka,the Polish company who make it,put those exercises on its website.One of the guys on the message board then said i was like Macguyver and i had no idea who he was talking about,i wasn`t sure if it was an insult or not.