Author Topic: 2010 Masters talk  (Read 2022 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
2010 Masters talk
« on: April 12, 2010, 06:07:29 AM »
What a great tourney and soooo happy to see Phil win.  Everything that has been going on with his wife and mom, and he is such a class act, it was great to see.

Tiger played like garbage on Sunday.  I don't expect to see that continue, if he wants to start playing "smaller" tourneys.

Lee Westwood.  Feel for the guy.  He played very well all week, but just got beat by a man on a mission.  His majors will come.  And anybody that has followed him would be shocked to see the physical transformation he has made.

Anthony Kim.  One of my favorites and his round on Sunday was incredible.  He is a superstar in the waiting.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: 2010 Masters talk
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 07:03:54 AM »
good for phil he played a great round on sunday

I agree with the AK comment he is already pretty dominant give him another 2 yrs or so and I think he will be great.

One thing I will say is I agree with Tiger about everyone making a big deal about him getting upset...who the shit cares? he made a couple bad shots and cursed, so what? he didnt say it in an interview he said it and it got caught by a mic that was close to him...if you want to be mad about that be mad at cbs or whoever it was for not being on top of the censorship not tiger.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 09:11:00 AM »
good for phil he played a great round on sunday

I agree with the AK comment he is already pretty dominant give him another 2 yrs or so and I think he will be great.

One thing I will say is I agree with Tiger about everyone making a big deal about him getting upset...who the shit cares? he made a couple bad shots and cursed, so what? he didnt say it in an interview he said it and it got caught by a mic that was close to him...if you want to be mad about that be mad at cbs or whoever it was for not being on top of the censorship not tiger.

I agree, to a point, on Tiger, but he really needs to clean it up.  It's always excused because "he's so competitive...." yet Nicklaus was at least as competitive and somehow managed to watch himself.  granted the TV mics and coverage were different, but compare how Tiger acts to say Westwood or Phil, both of them hit some bad shots and just shake their head, bite their lip and go back to work.  If Tiger needs that type of outburst to stay focuced, fine, but he can't expect people watching to just ignore it.  Then again, I hate to see it in any sport, for example basketball where they will zoom in so you can clearly read their lips....

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 04:10:14 PM »
John Daly will return to the top, he hasnt been drinking lately so once he starts back its over.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 07:00:30 PM »
I agree, to a point, on Tiger, but he really needs to clean it up.  It's always excused because "he's so competitive...." yet Nicklaus was at least as competitive and somehow managed to watch himself.  granted the TV mics and coverage were different, but compare how Tiger acts to say Westwood or Phil, both of them hit some bad shots and just shake their head, bite their lip and go back to work.  If Tiger needs that type of outburst to stay focuced, fine, but he can't expect people watching to just ignore it.  Then again, I hate to see it in any sport, for example basketball where they will zoom in so you can clearly read their lips....
Iono I think its understanable especially in a sport like golf where every single shot counts. I agree he shouldnt go overboard with it but come on if he is talking to himself and a mic happens to catch it thats the networks fault not Tigers...now the dropping/throwing of the clubs is another story in my mind that doesnt need to happen.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 07:26:13 PM »
Tiger played like garbage (by his standards) and still came in fourth.  I thought it was a pretty impressive performance given his layoff. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 08:12:59 PM »
Iono I think its understanable especially in a sport like golf where every single shot counts. I agree he shouldnt go overboard with it but come on if he is talking to himself and a mic happens to catch it thats the networks fault not Tigers...now the dropping/throwing of the clubs is another story in my mind that doesnt need to happen.
I agree also given the personal issues he is dealing with and the fact that they present themselves on the course as well(the fly over)...If he takes some time off like he says he is going to I expect him in top form the next time we see him

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 08:18:10 AM »
Last night the Golf channel had "Donald Trump's world of golf"

the match was Jerry Rice vs. Lawrence Taylor....it was a fun watch,both are really good golfers nut LT won by one stroke 8)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 10:24:32 AM »
Tiger played like garbage (by his standards) and still came in fourth.  I thought it was a pretty impressive performance given his layoff. 

Thats whats incredible.The guy is right there EVERYTIME.Its simply incredible.I root against him because I dont want him to break Jacks' record,but he makes the tournaments worth watching because even if your against him,there he is.The guy is amazing.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 01:29:07 PM »
Last night the Golf channel had "Donald Trump's world of golf"

the match was Jerry Rice vs. Lawrence Taylor....it was a fun watch,both are really good golfers nut LT won by one stroke 8)
huh I would have thought jerry would have won pretty handly...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 02:18:09 PM »
Thats whats incredible.The guy is right there EVERYTIME.Its simply incredible.I root against him because I dont want him to break Jacks' record,but he makes the tournaments worth watching because even if your against him,there he is.The guy is amazing.

Yep.  He's the only reason I watch golf. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 08:18:55 PM »
LOL Jim nantz has come out and condemned tiger for his language and actions  ::)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 10:50:51 PM »
huh I would have thought jerry would have won pretty handly...

Dude,I was suprised how good L.T.'s short game was :o

he made a bunch of chips to tap in range and he's a hell of a putter.