Author Topic: Super Showdown: Good PPV except for Blundertaker vs. Oldberg  (Read 15180 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I take no pleasure in saying that. But that match was LAME AS HELL. Goldberg busted himself open on the post. He was too weak to do the jackhammer and dropped Taker on his head, almost crippling him. He dropped Taker again when he was apparently supposed to either power slam him or tombstone him.

Taker decided it was time to go home, hit Oldberg with a second pitiful chokeslam, and got the 1-2-3.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Super Showdown: Good PPV except for Blundertaker vs. Oldberg
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 05:17:53 AM »
That was a clusterfuck from hell. Undertaker needs to retire gracefully as he has nothing left to prove. Goldberg was a clumsy stiff right off from the get-go. Horrible match. Just horrible. They nearly killed eachother with bad botches.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 08:48:46 AM »
That was a clusterfuck from hell. Undertaker needs to retire gracefully as he has nothing left to prove. Goldberg was a clumsy stiff right off from the get-go. Horrible match. Just horrible. They nearly killed eachother with bad botches.

Now you see why I didn’t go to WrestleMania 33. I just saw a review with a part I didn’t fully notice last week. Taker nearly broke Oldberg’s neck with the tombstone. Good thing he still has those big traps or Oldberg would have been Austin 2.0.

But Blundertaker’s chokeslams were just lame. “Old School” was about the only move he got right. And that was mainly so that Oldberg could catch his breath.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 10:59:12 AM »
Now you see why I didn’t go to WrestleMania 33. I just saw a review with a part I didn’t fully notice last week. Taker nearly broke Oldberg’s neck with the tombstone. Good thing he still has those big traps or Oldberg would have been Austin 2.0.

But Blundertaker’s chokeslams were just lame. “Old School” was about the only move he got right. And that was mainly so that Oldberg could catch his breath.
That was hard to watch. Also take into consideration that 102 deg heat they wrestled in, jet lag, etc. But man was that ever hard to watch.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 11:23:10 AM »
That was hard to watch. Also take into consideration that 102 deg heat they wrestled in, jet lag, etc. But man was that ever hard to watch.

Notwithstanding that I've been to the Middle East multiple times and know how hot it gets (especially at night), those guys have wrestled outdoors in Florida three times (Orlando twice and Miami)...and they'll wrestle outdoors again in Florida next year in Tampa Bay.

They know about the heat. And there was SummerSlam 1992 in England. Taker did just fine in that match (granted it was against Kamala, but still).

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 04:32:34 AM »
Notwithstanding that I've been to the Middle East multiple times and know how hot it gets (especially at night), those guys have wrestled outdoors in Florida three times (Orlando twice and Miami)...and they'll wrestle outdoors again in Florida next year in Tampa Bay.

They know about the heat. And there was SummerSlam 1992 in England. Taker did just fine in that match (granted it was against Kamala, but still).

Um... you do realize that Taker was almost 30 years younger in 1992.... ::)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2019, 02:35:44 PM »
Um... you do realize that Taker was almost 30 years younger in 1992.... ::)

You DO realize that the issue was about wrestling in the heat ("THEY KNOW ABOUT THE HEAT!").

Taker's lousy performance at Super Showdown was being blamed (in part) due to the temperature in the Middle East. That's hardly an excuse because he has performed in such conditions in the past.

Try paying attention next time.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 05:55:15 AM »
You DO realize that the issue was about wrestling in the heat ("THEY KNOW ABOUT THE HEAT!").

Taker's lousy performance at Super Showdown was being blamed (in part) due to the temperature in the Middle East. That's hardly an excuse because he has performed in such conditions in the past.

Try paying attention next time.
These are guys that should've retired gracefully years ago. You don't wrestle when your fifties. Spotlight hogs.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2019, 12:58:58 PM »
scott steiner once said , you won't see me stumbling around the ring when i'm in my forties. here he is at 56 still wrestling.
F

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2019, 09:59:14 AM »
scott steiner once said , you won't see me stumbling around the ring when i'm in my forties. here he is at 56 still wrestling.
And still wearing an NWO shirt.  Let go of the past Scott, let it go.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
  • Whisper sumthin nice and I'll make ya scream twice
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2019, 09:38:30 AM »

He's 57 years old now. He did a frankensteiner to an opponent a few months back. He pulled it off but it looked sloppy and probably should never try to do it again.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2019, 10:13:02 AM »
He's 57 years old now. He did a frankensteiner to an opponent a few months back. He pulled it off but it looked sloppy and probably should never try to do it again.
Do these guys never save money?  It seems like there are so many wrestlers and pro athletes who are broke and have to do embarrassing stuff to make money into their latter years.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
  • Whisper sumthin nice and I'll make ya scream twice
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2019, 10:21:02 AM »
Do these guys never save money?  It seems like there are so many wrestlers and pro athletes who are broke and have to do embarrassing stuff to make money into their latter years.

Actually, the Steiner brothers are very well off financially.....Scott owns and operates a Shoney's restaurant in Georgia and Rick owns a very successful real estate company.

They wrestle for shits and giggles maybe twice a year. But overall, you're right...a lot of these guys from the 80's and 90's didn't save any money. Quite a few ended up committing suicide.