Author Topic: What A Weird Pope You Have There  (Read 20949 times)

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
Re: What A Weird Pope You Have There
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2020, 04:40:23 PM »
Nothing is thrown around. You are just not educated. Judaism is the Father of Christianity.
what is Judaism stance on Christianity?

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2020, 04:59:29 PM »

How rhetorical of you. 

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2020, 05:58:54 PM »

Jews believe Jesus was a decent guy but not God.

They are still waiting for the Messiah to come.

In the meantime they are making movies in Hollywood.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2020, 06:00:33 PM »
Christianity is just another myth thats has fortunately adjusted to secularism in most parts of the world

Then why are you even in this discussion? Like Scott said, just live your life the way  you see fit. This subject does not concern you unless you still have some unresolved issues, anger, and resentment that you still need to work out. In that case I would seek a professional.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2020, 06:04:18 PM »
I'm well aware when and where the inquisition took place I was giving ecamples of acts committed by your church/religion but are you suggesting there were no forced conversion of indigenous people in America?

I made clear early on that I am talking about modern times. You sound like those Blacks that still bitch about slavery. Are you a BLM supporter?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2020, 06:13:12 PM »

I am not a Jew and don't want to speak for them but I would think that a cursory review of the two faiths would reveal some basic and obvious facts. Like capitalizing the first letter of a sentence.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2020, 06:14:15 PM »
How rhetorical of you. 

LOL! Spot on! A very shallow thinker.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2020, 06:14:58 PM »

LOL! OK, I'll go with that!

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2020, 07:05:15 PM »

I just sent these words as a text to some of the Jewish side of my family.  They're libs but I do love them and they love me.  They just don't LIKE me, LOL!

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2020, 09:27:15 PM »

Jesus along with Muhammad are considered mashugana

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2020, 10:09:10 PM »
You think God thinks leftists should be burnt?

Nazi

sure...  ::)

Matthew 25:41

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels

here's the hardline, homie... every single human in this world right now is fallen... hellbound and hopeless.

those who do not accept salvation thru Christ – will find themselves in the lake of fire.

every last one.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: October 26, 2020, 11:13:04 PM »
I just sent these words as a text to some of the Jewish side of my family.  They're libs but I do love them and they love me.  They just don't LIKE me, LOL!

Same here. The love is always there when it comes to family but liking each other is a different issue. One of my relatives is a pain and we don't get along at all and if we weren't family we would have nothing to do with each other. It's safe to say we don't really like each other and just go our separate ways. But we each have each other's back when the chips are down which has been proven on both sides several times in the past.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: October 26, 2020, 11:15:43 PM »
Jesus along with Muhammad are considered mashugana

You really are clueless. Just stop already. You are embarrassing yourself. Well, maybe not. You don't seem to have any sense of shame. You're just making us cringe.

mac33

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2020, 12:07:40 AM »
The pope has his fair share of critics and opposition in Church, many times in a form of bishops expressing their disagreement publicly.

He made many statements and claims through his talks and writings which were subjected to hard disapproval of many known bishops, priests,...

But what people fail to realize is that the Church is more than a pope, faith and teachings remain the same.

Sacraments are non-negotiable and needed, teachings and dogmas remain, people choose for themselves in end.

Church consists of all believers on earth, purgatory and heaven, which to an atheist might seem strange to say the least.

It is childish to say that because there are wrong doings in the hierarchy of the Church one can not be part of it.

By that standard there is not a society, country, state in which you could live in because it was and is subjected to the same faults as the Church.

People are what makes it and they can serve good or evil by the judgement of their own free will.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2020, 01:19:59 AM »

here's the hardline, homie... every single human in this world right now is fallen... hellbound and hopeless.

those who do not accept salvation thru Christ – will find themselves in the lake of fire.

every last one.

Ok, sounds like you are saying every unbeliever is as worthless as the next, regardless if it's a communist Jew or just a gentile capitalist atheist or whatever. But you mentioning leftists in particular, which does sound like you think leftism is especially Godless. Do you think Christians today have a heavenly mandate to wage war against communism or leftism or Godlessness or should they stay out of politics and leave the judgement to God? If you think Christians can wage war against say communism, had the Nazis been Christians instead, would it have been okay to round up the the Godless Communist Jews to destroy them if it was done under under the right banner?
So many questions  :D

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2020, 01:30:53 AM »
Ok, sounds like you are saying every unbeliever is as worthless as the next, regardless if it's a communist Jew or just a gentile capitalist atheist or whatever. But you mentioning leftists in particular, which does sound like you think leftism is especially Godless. Do you think Christians today have a heavenly mandate to wage war against communism or leftism or Godlessness or should they stay out of politics and leave the judgement to God? If you think Christians can wage war against say communism, had the Nazis been Christians instead, would it have been okay to round up the the Godless Communist Jews to destroy them if it was done under under the right banner?
So many questions  :D

And what about all the other religions and what they believe?

Maybe only Christianity is right? :D
Q

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2020, 01:52:34 AM »
And what about all the other religions and what they believe?

Maybe only Christianity is right? :D

Yes. But even within Christianity there so many interpretations of doctrine that it must get confusing for most. For a catholic, how is he supposed to know how to relate to this Pope, what does him being the top dog mean for the organization as a whole? Is it totally rotten or just partly? Or maybe God is in fact working through him?

Then you have concepts within Christianity like predestination, whether for or against, it's enough to drive a man insane if he immerses himself in it.

mac33

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #117 on: October 27, 2020, 02:27:46 AM »
A lot of confusion arose with the way the last council was handled.

Ecumenism is one of them and probably most dangerous since it deviates people from true faith.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #118 on: October 27, 2020, 03:03:12 AM »
A lot of confusion arose with the way the last council was handled.

Ecumenism is one of them and probably most dangerous since it deviates people from true faith.

So do you think Pellius made the wrong call when he couldn't stay in that Church in good conscience? I mean some on this thread claim the new pope is a straight up Satanist so it would seem strange if the true faith had this fella as the top guy, no? :D

Wasn't there also some changes made at that council wrt how Jews are to be viewed? I know next to nothing about catholicism but I'm kinda interested in ideas in general  :D

mac33

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #119 on: October 27, 2020, 03:29:25 AM »
Anyone has the freedom to stay or leave the Church, but reason for leaving being actions or words of one man, even if it is the pope, is short sighted.

If you want to learn about the catholic faith, read the catechism of the catholic church, it is that simple.

Jews are viewed positively of course, they are Gods chosen people, but it is up to them if they want to know Jesus or not in end.

Responsibility of a christian is to share the gospel and faith, but after the council they went on the road of anyone can be saved despite his religion or atheism, which is not true to a so-called "traditional catholic".

Basically you have liberal side and traditional side in Church but despite that, faith does not change even though some do their best and try to reinterpret it in heretical ways. That is nothing new, it is present from the early years of the Church.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2020, 06:51:03 AM »
You really are clueless. Just stop already. You are embarrassing yourself. Well, maybe not. You don't seem to have any sense of shame. You're just making us cringe.
the Babylonian talmud addresses jesus he is not described as a decent jew as ironat stated

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2020, 06:52:30 AM »

every last one.
it's a good thing none of this is true

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2020, 07:01:42 AM »
Marriage why not? Why should only we suffer?

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2020, 07:03:12 AM »

Jews are viewed positively of course, they are Gods chosen people

thats liberal perspective considering the bible suggest christ is the new covenant then there are versus such as these Mathew 27:24-25, revelation 2:9, 3:9

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2020, 07:39:26 AM »
The view of collective guilt that is transmittable from generation to generation is farthest you can go from Christ.

Fallen state is the default of all humans and salvation is possible through Christ alone, whether you are a Jew or not.

God come on this Earth as a Jewish man and for the salvation of all, not only the Jews.

The texts, meanings and faith originates and flows from judaism, christianity is a continuation of it, Jesus himself said he did not come to abolish things but to fulfill them.

Liberal way is that it does not matter if you don`t believe in Jesus, you can be saved through Mercy of God alone, which Jesus is in end, so it is contradictory to itself.

So, with that said

Will only Christians and Jews be "saved"?

What about Pastafarians, Satanists, Asatro-practicioners (Old Norse), Hellenic Polytheists, Taoists, Hinduists, Buddhists et al?
Q