Author Topic: What A Weird Pope You Have There  (Read 20874 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: What A Weird Pope You Have There
« Reply #150 on: October 28, 2020, 12:28:00 AM »
My wife is a deeply religious Catholic (almost nun-like) and all of the Practicing Catholics I know including my Priest friend thinks he’s whack job.

I'm sure they know better than the Pope about such things.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: October 28, 2020, 12:39:01 AM »
Problem is that the first bibles were written 400 years ad. So whose teaching are written in there? Was it Christ’s? Or was it a bunch of guy just winging it writing down stuff that had been passed down massaged and edited for 4 centuries

Thats not really accurate. The New Testament manuscripts are dated as early as 44AD and most written in the 1st century. The official cannonization into the New Testament was certainly 4th century

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: October 28, 2020, 05:11:51 AM »
Thats not really accurate. The New Testament manuscripts are dated as early as 44AD and most written in the 1st century. The official cannonization into the New Testament was certainly 4th century
Most were written in the first century but not from first hand accounts.  Example: Matthew was not written by Matthew but by a disciple of Matthew.  Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were actually written after the Epistles of Paul.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #153 on: October 28, 2020, 06:35:19 AM »
The Gospel of Joe Biden was plagiarized.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #154 on: October 28, 2020, 07:15:10 AM »
Q

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: October 28, 2020, 11:14:24 AM »

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: October 28, 2020, 01:55:16 PM »
Most were written in the first century but not from first hand accounts.  Example: Matthew was not written by Matthew but by a disciple of Matthew.  Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were actually written after the Epistles of Paul.

I don't argue that point. But the post I was addressing inferred the manuscripts themselves were written in the 4th century and I don't know of a single scholar that claims that

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
« Reply #157 on: October 28, 2020, 02:27:45 PM »
the only thing dumber than fairy tale religions are the retards who argue about it... please continue

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: October 28, 2020, 02:30:17 PM »
the only thing dumber than fairy tale religions are the retards who argue about it... please continue

there is the fairy tale portion of it and the historical portion of it. one is pointless to argue, the other is based more on the history of the manuscripts, formation of the bible and the evolving religion itself. I hope this helps

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #159 on: October 28, 2020, 02:40:38 PM »
When I believed I followed no one but the Nazarene.  That is The basis of Christianity. It's not Popism.  The Pope is just a man who has been placed in charge of the Church. He is supposed to be the heir to Apostle Peter but the truth is he is an air head.

I NEVER believed in  the Pope.  What for?

As for those like me that have chosen not to believe in a God?  Let it go.  The teachings of the Nazarene are not harmful to you.  Teachings of men such as the profit hoMohammed and Jim Jones, Jim Baker and the latest and biggest false minister, Joel Osteen are to be rebuked and shamed.  Those turds  and all name it and claim it false ministers out there Are harmful to peope either physically mentally or financially.   They are not of God but of themselves.  FTN.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: October 28, 2020, 09:27:19 PM »
I'm sure they know better than the Pope about such things.

It is not difficult to know better than the Pope about the message of the Nazarene.  Even I do.  Recall if you care to, that the Pharisees said of the Christ that in essence,  just who was the Nazarene to quote scripture as compared to them.  He was but the son of a carpenter and they were learned men!

They were as the Pope is:  Whited sepulchers.

Your words may well have been serious  but I doubt that and so I answered accordingly. With the TRUTH.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: October 29, 2020, 02:39:17 AM »
You must be one of those smart atheists. ::)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: November 02, 2020, 08:11:25 PM »
Vatican now says he didn't mean it.   ::)  ::)

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/vatican-breaks-silence-explains-pope-francis-civil-union-comments-n1245803

The Pope is a  vile creature working against all that the Nazarene stands for. 

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #164 on: November 03, 2020, 12:08:19 AM »
The Pope is a  vile creature working against all that the Nazarene stands for.

What does The Nazarene stand for? Serious question. If you could distill his message, what would it be?
As a nonbeliever what do you get out of his message? He wasn't God so you discard that schizoid lunatic part, what is left? Kind of a hippie message like John Lennon's Imagine?
Turn the other cheek, throw away your posessions and don't chase riches?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: November 03, 2020, 11:45:12 PM »
What does The Nazarene stand for? Serious question. If you could distill his message, what would it be?
As a nonbeliever what do you get out of his message? He wasn't God so you discard that schizoid lunatic part, what is left? Kind of a hippie message like John Lennon's Imagine?
Turn the other cheek, throw away your posessions and don't chase riches?

I'm agnostic. But I was raised in Baptist and Church of the Christ from day 1 until late 20's. Ive read the bible cover to cover which is something most Christians in America can't claim

The Scott and I disagree on most everything but on this we likely agree..

Jesus' most important teaching was love one another as you love God. To go further, a very wise man once said, when you have learned how to love each other, you will have learned how to love God. If you missed that in his teachings, you don't understand his teachings

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #166 on: November 04, 2020, 01:21:31 AM »
Jesus' most important teaching was love one another as you love God. To go further, a very wise man once said, when you have learned how to love each other, you will have learned how to love God. If you missed that in his teachings, you don't understand his teachings

I'm sorry but this is just a meaningless platitude. What does it even mean? People kill out of love. God kills out of love. Christians kill out of love, Muslims kill out of love.
Saying Jesus was just about "love" is just some abstract meaningless hippie shit.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #167 on: November 04, 2020, 08:45:44 AM »
I'm sorry but this is just a meaningless platitude. What does it even mean? People kill out of love. God kills out of love. Christians kill out of love, Muslims kill out of love.
Saying Jesus was just about "love" is just some abstract meaningless hippie shit.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: November 04, 2020, 09:33:49 AM »

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son.

Sent his own son to death because he loved us so much.

Religion is silly.  I've read the Bible cover to cover a few times, studied Christ for 16 years.

It's all shenanigans.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: December 31, 2020, 05:55:58 PM »
Matthew 18:20

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #170 on: December 31, 2020, 06:51:02 PM »
Ok, sounds like you are saying every unbeliever is as worthless as the next

yes

those who do not accept salvation thru Christ – will find themselves in the lake of fire.

every last one.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #171 on: December 31, 2020, 08:47:39 PM »
What does The Nazarene stand for?

he stands for your redemption... and existed on earth for that purpose.

I'm agnostic.

I'm sorry but this is just a meaningless platitude. What does it even mean?

Matthew 22:36-39

'master, which is the great commandment in the law?

Jesus said unto him, thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

this is the first and great commandment.

and the second is like unto it, thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.'

it means that once one comprehends the fact that God is real and sin exists... understanding the reality of what they actually are - a filthy, fallen compromised creation of said God... a perma broken disappointment.. and then learns that God loves em to the point of providing a path of salvation – sparing them eternal hellfire - they may grasp that maybe giving their neighbor a break is in line with the way God gave your sorry ass a break, lol - cuz there is nothing to love about yourself.. outside of the saving grace of God.

of course all of this is nonsense to the unbeliever:

man will believe what he wants... and get what he deserves.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #172 on: January 01, 2021, 07:42:21 PM »
he stands for your redemption... and existed on earth for that purpose.

Matthew 22:36-39

'master, which is the great commandment in the law?

Jesus said unto him, thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

this is the first and great commandment.

and the second is like unto it, thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.'

it means that once one comprehends the fact that God is real and sin exists... understanding the reality of what they actually are - a filthy, fallen compromised creation of said God... a perma broken disappointment.. and then learns that God loves em to the point of providing a path of salvation – sparing them eternal hellfire - they may grasp that maybe giving their neighbor a break is in line with the way God gave your sorry ass a break, lol - cuz there is nothing to love about yourself.. outside of the saving grace of God.

of course all of this is nonsense to the unbeliever:

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #173 on: January 01, 2021, 08:15:31 PM »
Whatever your personal feelings are regarding homosexuality, in the Bible it's quite clear what their position is, there's no interpretation or any wiggle room. The Pope is a kook.

With the systemic homosexuality and abuse, despite being born and raised a Catholic, I just couldn't continue on with a clear conscious in that religion. It's too bad, there are a lot of good things and good people in that religion and I miss belonging to an organization with such a long tradition. It's now a primarily Leftist organization and brings with it all the evils of that ideology.

Have you ever looked into SSPX?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #174 on: January 01, 2021, 08:43:35 PM »
Have you ever looked into SSPX
Pellius hit the keyword there. Organization. That's when religion went from a belief system to a money-making, power-grabbing conglomerate.

Religion was never meant to be a business on any level. Or maybe it was

Fear.  Control.  Money.

There should be 13 commandments now.