Author Topic: What A Weird Pope You Have There  (Read 20432 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: What A Weird Pope You Have There
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2020, 02:58:21 AM »
Is there a concern that our society and culture will be based on the Old Testament?
The New Covenant is not just a "so on".

There are a lot of horrible things in this world. I've mentioned many times before that I have a lot of issues regarding a God. Of all the worlds that could have been created why this one? A world in which the bad outweighs the good. Wasn't things fine enough before this great creation? As far as I know, I was doing fine before I was born. I didn't ask for this and if given the choice I'd take a pass. It's not worth it when all is said and done. And I'm one of the lucky ones. I always say that the more interesting question is not whether or not God exists, but is God good? But I'm here now and fortunately, life is short.

You decide what kind of world you think you live in. The choice that you make will determine, whether you know it or not, your metaphysics. How you perceive life and any sort of cosmic justice will shape the kind of person you become and are. If you believe that everything around you and everything throughout history including the beginning of life is simply a random concussion of molecules that somehow appeared out of nowhere. That the concept of good and evil is meaningless and simply a matter of personal opinion which can vary widely among individuals and even yourself depending on the circumstances. That a Mother Teresa and a Stalin share the same fate. Then you will agree with Dostoevski who wrote in the "The Brothers Karamazov"
"That without God, all is permitted." For without God, there is no such thing as morality. Just personal opinion.

People like to laugh at the absurdity of a God creating a universe but feel it is perfectly reasonable to believe that the Universe just suddenly appeared out of nothing.

I don't necessarily dismiss religion completely and finally, I just don't feel any specific religion calling me so far. I was just curious how you feel when you read the OT. I know many Christians struggle with certain things in the bible, the concept of hell and so on. So they don't even try to understand it logically, it must be right because we can't understand God. But then how does a Christian decide which Christian interpretation of the bible is correct, which Christian denomination is the correct one? Is this pope a man of God or does he serve Satan? Do you use logic or is it somehow revealed to you in a mystical way? How was it for you?

Morality seems to change with the times even in the Bible. Thou shalt not kill... exept when God tells you to, so many exemptions as to make this commandment pretty ridiculous, even little children weren't exempt. Adultery was prohibited but you could take the virgins against their will, kill her parents. Muslims say the same thing, it's a religion of peace, killing one man is like killing the whole world according to the Koran. Yeah, but there are exeptions...

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2020, 03:35:55 AM »
many Christians struggle with certain things in the bible, the concept of hell and so on.

imagine that you were god, and some of your creation became... leftists, for instance – arrogantly denouncing u, ur divine word, and every notion of sanity - forget morality... giving themselves entirely to any evil pollution that they can drag their sorry soul into (an immortal soul, broken and waxing worse – for eternity) - finally choosing to have their once intelligently created form transformed into a writhing, shrieking.. completely, and irreversibly, fuked up abomination – never to function in any constructive way, whatsoever.

what to do with such trash?

perhaps burn it.. so says God.

anyway... the understanding that u desire only comes by way of being born from above... just like Jesus said.

Is this pope a man of God or does he serve Satan?

satan, definitely.. just watch this super informative video:

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2020, 08:03:45 AM »
Promotes slavery, genocide, and subjugation of women? Promotes? It was Christians, mostly the Quakers, that lead the charge of the abolitionists and eliminated slavery. It was a Christian based society that destroyed the one true genocide and protects to this day the Jewish State of Israel. Nowhere on earth do women have more rights, opportunities, and success than in America which was founded on Judeo/Christian ethics.

You seem like just another ungrateful American living in relative comfort and prosperity due to the value system that guided and built this country. It's so sad when you consider how much America has done to make their people and the world a much better place and such a force of good for this world only to have American hating ingrates who would never leave this great country while others around the world risk their lives to be in your place as you shit on this country's value system. A system based on Judeo/Christina ethics.
way to ignore the tribes annihilated in the Hebrew scriptures

One of america's foundations is the separation of church and state something thomas jefferson understood very well

If it weren't for secularism the west would not take issue with forced conversion that your church committed in the  inquisition, america's, etc

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2020, 08:20:42 AM »
Judeo/Christina ethics.
I find interesting this phrase is thrown around despite christianity being originally a jewish sect it is a distinct religion

The concepts of  the abolishment of the mosaic law, sin and the human sacrifice, the triune God among other doctrine that are core to christiandom these are all definite abominations according to judaism

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2020, 08:31:01 AM »
imagine that you were god, and some of your creation became... leftists, for instance – arrogantly denouncing u, ur divine word, and every notion of sanity - forget morality... giving themselves entirely to any evil pollution that they can drag their sorry soul into (an immortal soul, broken and waxing worse – for eternity) - finally choosing to have their once intelligently created form transformed into a writhing, shrieking.. completely, and irreversibly, fuked up abomination – never to function in any constructive way, whatsoever.

anyway... the understanding that u desire only comes by way of being born from above... just like Jesus said.

satan, definitely.. just watch this super informative video:
imagine a murderer  experiences revelation through the Bible and even gets baptized. Will God burn his victims like trash for not being christian?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2020, 08:59:53 AM »
POPE POPEK

Q

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2020, 09:59:44 AM »
I find interesting this phrase is thrown around despite christianity being originally a jewish sect it is a distinct religion

The concepts of  the abolishment of the mosaic law, sin and the human sacrifice, the triune God among other doctrine that are core to christiandom these are all definite abominations according to judaism

My mother explained it to me thus:  The Nazarene is the completion of the Scriptures and the promise of God.  If you don't think so, fine. I am now Atheist but honor the goodness that is the message of the Nazarene, i.e., the Gospel or Good News.

I don't really know you but your problem seems to be with the weakness of men and not the goodness of the Christ.  If you, like so many atheists, dislike the message of the  Messiah I would say it is due to that message condemning you because you do not obey it.  Fine.  You don't believe so don't worry about a fucking thing.  Grow up.  Do you see me belittling the Gospel? Nope.  Because I no longer believe and therefor no longer "worry" if you will.  There is nothing wrong with the teachings of the Nazarene. 

But you?

You read like a worried man.  Consider this -  Who would you rather watch over your children for a day, Jesus of Nazareth or the pedophile hoMohammed?    If you claim neither, you are fooling no one, not even yourself.

nzgs

• Getbig III
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2020, 10:12:51 AM »
If Catholics had any integrity they would physically remove this homo from the vatican but alas it's one of the more cucked forms of christianity

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2020, 10:34:27 AM »
If Catholics had any integrity they would physically remove this homo from the vatican but alas it's one of the more cucked forms of christianity

They won't because they are beta sheep followers.  I was raised catholic too.  The ultimate hypocrisy.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2020, 12:42:31 PM »
My mother explained it to me thus:  The Nazarene is the completion of the Scriptures and the promise of God.  If you don't think so, fine. I am now Atheist but honor the goodness that is the message of the Nazarene, i.e., the Gospel or Good News.

I don't really know you but your problem seems to be with the weakness of men and not the goodness of the Christ.  If you, like so many atheists, dislike the message of the  Messiah I would say it is due to that message condemning you because you do not obey it.  Fine.  You don't believe so don't worry about a fucking thing.  Grow up.  Do you see me belittling the Gospel? Nope.  Because I no longer believe and therefor no longer "worry" if you will.  There is nothing wrong with the teachings of the Nazarene. 

But you?

You read like a worried man.  Consider this -  Who would you rather watch over your children for a day, Jesus of Nazareth or the pedophile hoMohammed?    If you claim neither, you are fooling no one, not even yourself.
those are terrible choices you have already mentioned one of the documented qualities of islam's most revered prophet

Read what the supposed jesus of Nazareth had to say about the family

Matthew 10:35-38

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2020, 12:43:50 PM »
They won't because they are beta sheep followers.  I was raised catholic too.  The ultimate hypocrisy.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_infallibility

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2020, 01:06:00 PM »
those are terrible choices you have already mentioned one of the documented qualities of islam's most revered prophet

Read what the supposed jesus of Nazareth had to say about the family

Matthew 10:35-38

Any one can read, if not how does that account for idiots like Straw Man here?  But to read and understand?  That is not so difficult, especially so if you don't have an agenda that is fueled by the righteous distrust of mankind. 

What the Nazarene spoke of in the passage you put here is easily understood, even by someone like myself.

And as always, fuck hoMohammed and all of islime.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2020, 01:12:17 PM »
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_infallibility

When I was a kid in grade school the nuns always called the Pope "omnipotent" instead.   

If nothing else, at least those nuns knew their place in regards to a man   ;D

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2020, 01:27:42 PM »

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2020, 01:29:49 PM »
Any one can read, if not how does that account for idiots like Straw Man here?  But to read and understand?  That is not so difficult, especially so if you don't have an agenda that is fueled by the righteous distrust of mankind. 

What the Nazarene spoke of in the passage you put here is easily understood, even by someone like myself.

And as always, fuck hoMohammed and all of islime.
keep spinning

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2020, 01:53:36 PM »
keep spinning

Really?  What are you 13?  Behave as you wish but know that as you present yourself so shall you be treated.  That goes for the real world too.   Be well.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2020, 03:21:13 PM »
imagine that you were god, and some of your creation became... leftists, for instance

I can't resist playing the Devil's advocate here. You think God thinks leftists should be burnt? Then perhaps the Nazis got their inspiration from the bible. Nazis and Hitler thought the Jews were Bolsjeviks, communists, leftists, and not without cause. This was the reason given for the Nazi's animus against the Jews.  So they burnt them en masse, at least according to the official narrative. After all, Holocaust means "burnt offering". What do you think, were they doing God's work?

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2020, 03:41:40 PM »
way to ignore the tribes annihilated in the Hebrew scriptures

One of america's foundations is the separation of church and state something thomas jefferson understood very well

If it weren't for secularism the west would not take issue with forced conversion that your church committed in the  inquisition, america's, etc

I'm living in the 21st century. Come join us.

Yes, there is a separation between the church and state which is NOT in the Constitution. All that means is that you can have the state force their religion on their people like they did in Europe, which is one of the reasons the Pilgrims came to America. In America, unlike in some other countries, you are free to practice any religion you want.

The Inquisition began in 1231 A.D. for Chrissakes! There were no Inquisitions in America, meaning the United States.

Jeeze man, what is wrong with people like you? Using the standards that took place 800 years ago to make your argument why Christianity is so bad while you sit there fat and happy, looking at the clock so you don't miss your next meal.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2020, 03:43:44 PM »

Nothing is thrown around. You are just not educated. Judaism is the Father of Christianity.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2020, 03:46:59 PM »
imagine a murderer  experiences revelation through the Bible and even gets baptized. Will God burn his victims like trash for not being christian?

You'll find out soon enough. And for God's sake, another one that is barely literate. Please proofread your post so I don't have to decipher your horrendous spelling and grammar. You try to present yourself as an educated and informed person but you can barely string together a coherent sentence. 

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2020, 03:47:48 PM »

More so than Islam?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2020, 04:02:13 PM »
I don't necessarily dismiss religion completely and finally, I just don't feel any specific religion calling me so far. I was just curious how you feel when you read the OT. I know many Christians struggle with certain things in the bible, the concept of hell and so on. So they don't even try to understand it logically, it must be right because we can't understand God. But then how does a Christian decide which Christian interpretation of the bible is correct, which Christian denomination is the correct one? Is this pope a man of God or does he serve Satan? Do you use logic or is it somehow revealed to you in a mystical way? How was it for you?

Morality seems to change with the times even in the Bible. Thou shalt not kill... exept when God tells you to, so many exemptions as to make this commandment pretty ridiculous, even little children weren't exempt. Adultery was prohibited but you could take the virgins against their will, kill her parents. Muslims say the same thing, it's a religion of peace, killing one man is like killing the whole world according to the Koran. Yeah, but there are exeptions...

You are an exceptional rational thinking person. One of the few on this board. This is a very in-depth topic that you raise and I have to think of a way to answer without writing a book. I will get back to you.

One thing that people need to understand. Whether you believe in God or not, both positions are a matter of faith. I am far more concerned about the existence of God than the varying customs uniques to each culture and religion. Not that it doesn't matter. Because the whole concept of morality depends on the existence of God how a religious person behaves is far more important than what they preach. You can call yourself the religion of peace but if you chop off someone's head for not agreeing with you is a reflection of that religion, unless that religion specifically condemns that act.

When Baruch Goldstein murdered Muslims in Hebron, he was roundly condemned, killed, and the Kach movement led by the Rabbi Meir Kahane, which Goldstein was a follower, was criminalized. When a Palestinian murders Jews their family is rewarded financially and if the murders were particularly gruesome and the body count large, a street will be named after you.

There will always be bad people in any group, society, and country. The measure of their decency is how they react to acts of evil.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2020, 04:05:35 PM »
You'll find out soon enough. And for God's sake, another one that is barely literate. Please proofread your post so I don't have to decipher your horrendous spelling and grammar. You try to present yourself as an educated and informed person but you can barely string together a coherent sentence.
Christianity is just another myth thats has fortunately adjusted to secularism in most parts of the world

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2020, 04:18:34 PM »

The Inquisition began in 1231 A.D. for Chrissakes! There were no Inquisitions in America, meaning the United States.

I'm well aware when and where the inquisition took place I was giving ecamples of acts committed by your church/religion but are you suggesting there were no forced conversion of indigenous people in America?

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2020, 04:26:49 PM »
I stopped going to the catholic church after the abuse was exposed.... fuck that shit....now, im not a fan the "church" no matter which denomination it may be.... and my faith is stronger than ever.