Author Topic: The Da Vinci Code  (Read 23517 times)

knny187

• Getbig V
The Da Vinci Code
« on: April 29, 2006, 10:29:47 AM »
someone explain this to me.....

see it in the news...

but I have no idea what was said in this book that could piss off so many people.

Mr. Intenseone

Re: The Da Vinci Code
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 12:47:26 PM »
someone explain this to me.....

see it in the news...

but I have no idea what was said in this book that could piss off so many people.

In short, the director has it out for the Catholic Church and Christians alike. He make claims that cannot be substantiated with any facts, it's a blatant attempt to sway Christians away from their beliefs. For example, he said that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene, yet he cannot back it up. The movie is a blasphemous lie against Jesus. He'll more than likely rot in hell for his portrayal!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 02:17:22 PM »
In short, the director has it out for the Catholic Church and Christians alike. He make claims that cannot be substantiated with any facts, it's a blatant attempt to sway Christians away from their beliefs. For example, he said that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene, yet he cannot back it up. The movie is a blasphemous lie against Jesus. He'll more than likely rot in hell for his portrayal!

It's not about the director it's about the book.  Dan Brown stated in his book, "the Da Vinci Code" that aside from the fictional main characters all the assertions on Historical items, events, people etc are true and can be verified.  Most of his stuff came from a book called "Holy Blood Holy Grail" by Michael Baigent,Richard Leigh and Henry Lincoln, which i have.  It's basically about a cover up by the catholic church regarding the 2 issues:

1.  Mary was not a hooker and mothered a child from Jesus.
2.  Mary fled to France and thier offspring continued to procreate resulting in a "Royal bloodline"

This would invalidate the present religious establishment of christianity.

Now before we get too way out in space rattling our "Facts" sabers...

We are going to see a large amount of negative press on both sides of these issues.  Both will sound convincing to their respective sides.

some facts aside of that:

Both sides have holes.
Both sides will have reasonable angles to back up some of their claims.

That's the funny thing about looking into the past.  All evidence is subject to interpretation.  WE have very little REAL facts with out being there.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 04:06:09 PM »
very interesting......

but if Catholics & Christans have such a strong faith.....

how could this worry them?

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 04:10:40 PM »
very interesting......

but if Catholics & Christans have such a strong faith.....

how could this worry them?

Who's worried?? Beside's you can't worry about a lie!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 04:14:21 PM »
Who's worried?? Beside's you can't worry about a lie!

The Vatican....they announced it today.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 04:08:52 PM »

LMAO!

Fundamentalists are so damn funny!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 04:28:04 PM »

LMAO!

Fundamentalists are so damn funny!

I'd keep quiet if I were you...you're credibility is nil through your consistant lies and false resume'......go away!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 06:22:11 PM »
I just finished reading it.  Very interesting.   And after watching the Gospel of Judas the other day, I can see alot of holes in what was put in the bible and what was left out.

And that's exactly what they want you to believe....that there were alot of holes!!

Bast175

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 06:35:09 PM »
That's because members of these religions know it's BS that they're preaching.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2006, 07:40:59 PM »
Its called fiction people

i cant believe the fuss about this stupid ass movie....i'd rather go see scary movie 4 again

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2006, 08:04:29 PM »
the davinci code is a story. you can speculate anything. what if jesus this, what if jesus that... nobody knows so who cares? i can say jesus loved ice cream and make a whole story of it. and the catholic church should have nothing to say. maybe they should tell their people to read the bible and stop worshiping idols.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2006, 08:14:23 PM »
catholic church should have nothing to say. maybe they should tell their people to read the bible and stop worshiping idols.

What the catholic church should do is sell all those gold septres they have inlayed with gems and the billions of dollars worth of other relics they have and feed some hungry people.

People no lon ger need physical things to amaze them about the power of the church in the name of god for them to believe in god.  They need their help.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2006, 09:42:02 PM »
Christians don't like the idea of Jesus being a sexual being. Sexual means he was human and they don't want that.

Even though at the time he lived it would of been HIGHLY rare for a man his age to be unmarried. We see no mention of this in the bible though due to the authors intent to make him seem Godlike.

Bast175

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2006, 10:06:23 PM »
Christians don't like the idea of Jesus being a sexual being. Sexual means he was human and they don't want that.

Even though at the time he lived it would of been HIGHLY rare for a man his age to be unmarried. We see no mention of this in the bible though due to the authors intent to make him seem Godlike.

Why is it wrong to be sexual?  I never understood this.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2006, 10:09:01 PM »

Why is it wrong to be sexual?  I never understood this.

It's only wrong if you're not married!

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2006, 10:26:12 PM »
Christians try to repress their sexual urges...And from the catholic church fiasco..we see where this ends up!

The christians on this board probably try to repress their sexual urges so much that doing so has made them raging pedophiles!

That's why they're so angry so much.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2006, 11:38:37 PM »
The christians on this board probably try to repress their sexual urges so much that doing so has made them raging pedophiles!

I doubt that.  Most christians either have rationalized their sexuality various ways such as ignoring the literal bible text or justifying their actions through repeated repentence; just to name a couple of ways.

The reason Jesus's sexuality isn't protrayed in the Bible depends on what you believe:

If you believe Jesus was God on earth in the form of a man then he would have total control power to repress his sexual urges.

If you believe Jesus was just a man.  Then he had sex and most likely had off spring.  Thus making him a human and not divine. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2006, 02:21:21 AM »
Dan Brown created a novel to address many of his own unanswered questions.

His work was well researched and he drew upon many facts as well as fiction to weave an incredible tale that has people talking.

The Church is all up in arms because in Brown's novel, there exists too many facts, up against too many discrepancies in the "official" Church rhetoric, that the Church fears may cause people to leave the church. It frightens them to no end.

In previous days Brown would have been burned for heresy, so go see the movie, go read the book, and enjoy the fact that you have access to such heretical information.

BTW- does anyone have any credible sources of information on the "Cathars" of Rennes le Chateau?
w

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2006, 05:48:32 AM »

His work was well researched and he drew upon many facts as well as fiction to weave an incredible tale that has people talking.

The Church is all up in arms because in Brown's novel, there exists too many facts, up against too many discrepancies in the "official" Church rhetoric, that the Church fears may cause people to leave the church. It frightens them to no end.

In previous days Brown would have been burned for heresy, so go see the movie, go read the book, and enjoy the fact that you have access to such heretical information.

BTW- does anyone have any credible sources of information on the "Cathars" of Rennes le Chateau?

You have it backwords. Quite a bit of his "research" was unproven and outright lies!

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2006, 07:16:37 AM »

Judi, have you read the book? Is it worth my time?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2006, 08:35:29 AM »
did anybody catch 60 minutes last night? 

CC3

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2006, 09:05:36 AM »
If you pick this book up with any preconceived notions about what religion is supposed to be about, you're probably going to dislike it very much.  If you read it with an open mind, you may still not like it, but at least it will make you think.

It's never made sense to me that people are so scared that Jesus may have fathered a child.  I understand why it's scary to the church.  They feel it would undermine their power.  But why should anyone else be scared?  How would that make any of His teaching less relevant?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2006, 09:26:27 AM »
Again, did anybody watch 60 minutes?  I haven't read the DaVinci Code, but they pretty much poo-pooed on the whole Scion (sp) thing as it was made up by a hoaxster from France.  Placard, was his name, I think.  Gonna read it soon.

CC3

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2006, 09:32:50 AM »
Again, did anybody watch 60 minutes?  I haven't read the DaVinci Code, but they pretty much poo-pooed on the whole Scion (sp) thing as it was made up by a hoaxster from France.  Placard, was his name, I think.  Gonna read it soon.

No, but it's long been known that the Priory was a hoax.  There's still many questions about Jesus' life, however, completely aside the Priory issue.