Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

An important victory for the law itself and for Sidney Powell.

(1/4) > >>

Coach is Back!:
The Dallas Court of Appeals has affirmed the Texas state court’s dismissal of the Texas Bar’s case against Powell. After three years of litigation, the Court of Appeals held the Bar had no evidence Powell violated any disciplinary rule in filing four federal lawsuits in the aftermath of the 2020 election.

https://defendingtherepublic.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/Commission-fot-Lawyer-Disciplin-Fith-District-Court-of-Appeals-Texas-Opinion.pdf

Primemuscle:
However, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit left sanctions and penalties against Powell and others in place when they refused to take up the appeal. 

Coach is Back!:

--- Quote from: Primemuscle on April 19, 2024, 10:59:55 AM ---However, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit left sanctions and penalties against Powell and others in place when they refused to take up the appeal.

--- End quote ---

I literally posted the link to the documents from the court itself

Primemuscle:

--- Quote from: Coach is Back! on April 19, 2024, 11:17:04 AM ---I literally posted the link to the documents from the court itself

--- End quote ---

Yes, you did post a link to the 5th District Court of Appeals, located in New Orleans, Louisiana and has jurisdiction over Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas. My post relates to the ruling of United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit is a federal court which has appellate jurisdiction over the district courts in Kentucky, Ohio, Michigan and Tennessee. These are two different Circuit Courts with two separate and opposite rulings. Apparently, you did not realize this when you posted the above reply.

BTW, the link you posted cannot be opened on my computer because it apparently is a malicious, phishing website according to Malwarebytes.

Here is a link with the information you intended to link that actually works: https://fingfx.thomsonreuters.com/gfx/legaldocs/xmvjrdjzovr/Texas%20bar%20v%20Powell%20-%20Ruling%20-%2020240417.pdf

Coach is Back!:

--- Quote from: Primemuscle on April 19, 2024, 02:49:31 PM ---Yes, you did post a link to the 5th District Court of Appeals, located in New Orleans, Louisiana and has jurisdiction over Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas. My post relates to the ruling of United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit is a federal court which has appellate jurisdiction over the district courts in Kentucky, Ohio, Michigan and Tennessee. These are two different Circuit Courts with two separate and opposite rulings. Apparently, you did not realize this when you posted the above reply.

BTW, the link you posted cannot be opened on my computer because it apparently is a malicious, phishing website according to Malwarebytes.

Here is a link with the information you intended to link that actually works: https://fingfx.thomsonreuters.com/gfx/legaldocs/xmvjrdjzovr/Texas%20bar%20v%20Powell%20-%20Ruling%20-%2020240417.pdf

--- End quote ---

But of course you would post a link totally irrelevant to what posted. Seems to be a theme with you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version