Author Topic: Trump = Winning  (Read 757074 times)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
Re: Trump = Winning
« Reply #4075 on: August 19, 2022, 02:23:26 PM »
I appreciated how she said she could have won easily (She did before) had she only been willing to lie. But she loves the country more than party and was willing to lose vs lying about the election. She's Republican but very reminiscent of the Senator from Arizona that was mocked for being a prisoner of war by Trump. If you can't respect someone for risking their political career by being honest, maybe, just maybe, you're part of the problem.

Really ? She was Being Honest -
or Perhaps she said that because she got her arse handed to her
by the voters. ??

Clearly to you they must've all been wrong & she's the only Saint & correct  ::)

Try not being so easily fooled at times.
Ask her where multi Millions of $ come from it wasn't from her paychecks.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4076 on: August 19, 2022, 02:39:33 PM »
Really ? She was Being Honest -
or Perhaps she said that because she got her arse handed to her
by the voters. ??

Clearly to you they must've all been wrong & she's the only Saint & correct  ::)

Try not being so easily fooled at times.
Ask her where multi Millions of $ come from it wasn't from her paychecks.

Book sales.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #4077 on: August 19, 2022, 03:06:19 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4078 on: August 19, 2022, 05:11:49 PM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4079 on: August 19, 2022, 05:22:45 PM »
From which book?

Either of the two she co-wrote with her father.

Both New York Times best sellers

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4080 on: August 19, 2022, 05:34:00 PM »
Either of the two she co-wrote with her father.

Both New York Times best sellers

Thanks.  Probably more accurate to say she is a co-author rather than co-writer.  I doubt she or her father actually wrote anything. 

I tried to find out how many they sold, but cannot.  I doubt those sales account for her dramatic increase in wealth while in office.  Could be, but I cannot tell.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4081 on: August 29, 2022, 02:01:41 PM »
Thanks.  Probably more accurate to say she is a co-author rather than co-writer.  I doubt she or her father actually wrote anything. 

I tried to find out how many they sold, but cannot.  I doubt those sales account for her dramatic increase in wealth while in office.  Could be, but I cannot tell.

My point was whatever you want to call what she or they did, they did it together. As you pointed out the difference between a writer and an author is whether the book or article was published. If not published, they were the writer(s) Since these books were published, they are the authors or co-authors. That they used a ghostwriter is probably correct. Ghostwriters are not uncommon with celebrity biographies, books and novels and they are not usually credited for their work. Hence the term 'ghost'.

Yeah, All I could find is both books were on the NY Times best seller list. That does not tell us how many books were sold or how much either of them made off these books. Liz Cheney was "born with a silver spoon." Liz Cheney's investments seem to be one source. She primarily invested in commercial banking in 2018. She earned a substantial 6 figure income throughout her career, around $172 G in her current position in government. For more on how she got so rich, check this link out: https://moneyinc.com/liz-cheney-net-worth/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4082 on: August 29, 2022, 03:55:50 PM »
My point was whatever you want to call what she or they did, they did it together. As you pointed out the difference between a writer and an author is whether the book or article was published. If not published, they were the writer(s) Since these books were published, they are the authors or co-authors. That they used a ghostwriter is probably correct. Ghostwriters are not uncommon with celebrity biographies, books and novels and they are not usually credited for their work. Hence the term 'ghost'.

Yeah, All I could find is both books were on the NY Times best seller list. That does not tell us how many books were sold or how much either of them made off these books. Liz Cheney was "born with a silver spoon." Liz Cheney's investments seem to be one source. She primarily invested in commercial banking in 2018. She earned a substantial 6 figure income throughout her career, around $172 G in her current position in government. For more on how she got so rich, check this link out: https://moneyinc.com/liz-cheney-net-worth/

The article doesn't say much:

"It’s still unclear exactly how Liz came to have an estimated net worth of $7 million, but we assume that it’s likely because of a few good investments made by herself and her husband throughout their lives together. Liz likely made more during her time as a private consultant than she did as a politician. She and her husband both have brilliant careers in law and they have worked together to grow their wealth. We’ve found no other sideline jobs or glaring investments, although they both likely have made some investments that help to augment their wealth."

But I have a pretty good idea:  she dramatically increased her net worth based on her taxpayer funded job in Congress.  Much like Bernie Sanders, Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, etc.  The latter three would have never made a fortune if not for their government jobs. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4083 on: August 29, 2022, 05:16:07 PM »
The article doesn't say much:

"It’s still unclear exactly how Liz came to have an estimated net worth of $7 million, but we assume that it’s likely because of a few good investments made by herself and her husband throughout their lives together. Liz likely made more during her time as a private consultant than she did as a politician. She and her husband both have brilliant careers in law and they have worked together to grow their wealth. We’ve found no other sideline jobs or glaring investments, although they both likely have made some investments that help to augment their wealth."

But I have a pretty good idea:  she dramatically increased her net worth based on her taxpayer funded job in Congress.  Much like Bernie Sanders, Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, etc.  The latter three would have never made a fortune if not for their government jobs.

All senators and congress people regardless of party affiliation make $174,000 a year. This may seem like a high salary for the level of responsibility as compared to the private sector. It is not. These salaries have not increased since since 2009.   Had there been increases consistent with CPI they'd be earning $244,157 a year today. Positions of leadership come with a higher salary.
Position                                                                                           Salary
President pro tempore of the Senate                                                   $193,400
Majority leader and minority leader of the Senate                                   $193,400
Majority leader and minority leader of the House of Representatives   $193,400
Speaker of the House of Representatives                                           $223,500

Private sector wages have increased in varying amounts based on the position level... worker to executive.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4084 on: August 29, 2022, 05:28:51 PM »
All senators and congress people regardless of party affiliation make $174,000 a year. This may seem like a high salary for the level of responsibility as compared to the private sector. It is not. These salaries have not increased since since 2009.   Had there been increases consistent with CPI they'd be earning $244,157 a year today. Positions of leadership come with a higher salary.
Position                                                                                           Salary
President pro tempore of the Senate                                                   $193,400
Majority leader and minority leader of the Senate                                   $193,400
Majority leader and minority leader of the House of Representatives   $193,400
Speaker of the House of Representatives                                           $223,500

Private sector wages have increased in varying amounts based on the position level... worker to executive.

Salaries don't have a lot to do with net worth.  A substantial percentage of American millionaires never had a six figure salary. 

The people who substantially increase their net worth in Congress, particularly the dumb ones, do so because they take advantage of their taxpayer funded position.  Like Bernie Sanders.  Nobody is buying that old man's book if his name isn't Senator, plus all the media attention from being a presidential candidate. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4085 on: August 29, 2022, 07:31:06 PM »
Salaries don't have a lot to do with net worth.  A substantial percentage of American millionaires never had a six figure salary. 

The people who substantially increase their net worth in Congress, particularly the dumb ones, do so because they take advantage of their taxpayer funded position.  Like Bernie Sanders.  Nobody is buying that old man's book if his name isn't Senator, plus all the media attention from being a presidential candidate.

I must have posted in Greek.

My two intended takeaways were that these folks all make the same salary for their position in Congress regardless of whether they are Republican or Democrat. Secondly, many if not most of them are underpaid for the level of responsibility that comes with being a congressperson and commitment to it.

Bernie Sanders has parlayed his income into a nice nest egg, so has Cheney.

If you look at this list of the current wealthiest congresspeople, you'll see that it is diverse. Of course they were likely wealthy prior to being elected to Congress.

https://www.businessinsider.com/wealthiest-members-congress-house-senate-finances-2021-12#25-rep-ralph-norman-a-republican-from-south-carolina-20679156-1

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4086 on: August 30, 2022, 07:45:36 AM »
German inflation hits nearly 50-year high in August
Reuters ^ | 8/30/22 | Reuters
Posted on 8/30/2022, 9:13:22 AM

BERLIN, Aug 30 (Reuters) - German inflation rose to its highest level in almost 50 years in August, beating a previous high set only three months earlier, as energy prices drove up inflation, data showed on Tuesday.

(Excerpt) Read more at reuters.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4087 on: September 05, 2022, 05:07:42 PM »

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #4089 on: September 07, 2022, 06:02:46 PM »
"Nobody cares less about MAGA Americans than Donald Trump"

discuss

"Discuss"?  In truth it is more "disgust".

“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”

I despise cucktard libs.  I hope with every fiber of my being that they either shit themselves and die or at the very least a mad scientist has managed to bring to life a flying dungbeetle with big nasty teeth and releases them over D.C.

I do not discuss retarded comments, even with those of an apparently  lesser and far feeble IQ than what I possess.    I state what I hold true.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4090 on: September 07, 2022, 07:22:59 PM »
"Nobody cares less about MAGA Americans than Donald Trump"

discuss

What is a "MAGA American"? 

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4091 on: September 07, 2022, 08:41:59 PM »
The guy he endorsed in Boston, Mass won on Tuesday.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4092 on: September 19, 2022, 01:35:02 PM »

"Discuss"?  In truth it is more "disgust".

“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”

I despise cucktard libs.  I hope with every fiber of my being that they either shit themselves and die or at the very least a mad scientist has managed to bring to life a flying dungbeetle with big nasty teeth and releases them over D.C.

I do not discuss retarded comments, even with those of an apparently  lesser and far feeble IQ than what I possess.    I state what I hold true.

Scott - Your comments here seem a bit over-the-top to me. You must know there will always be opposing political and social views, just as in the past. What a boring world it would be if everyone agreed on everything all the time. If you think nothing gets accomplished now, imagine how little would happen in then. We would be completely stagnated.

Getbig is like a microcosm of the world. The only difference here is that conservative views are in greater abundance than the more liberal ones. Without the few of us who dissent, the rest of you would have nothing to argue about and no one to disagree with. Getbig would become extremely boring. Debate is a good thing.  ;)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #4093 on: September 19, 2022, 03:17:31 PM »
Scott - Your comments here seem a bit over-the-top to me. You must know there will always be opposing political and social views, just as in the past. What a boring world it would be if everyone agreed on everything all the time. If you think nothing gets accomplished now, imagine how little would happen in then. We would be completely stagnated.

Getbig is like a microcosm of the world. The only difference here is that conservative views are in greater abundance than the more liberal ones. Without the few of us who dissent, the rest of you would have nothing to argue about and no one to disagree with. Getbig would become extremely boring. Debate is a good thing.  ;)

I only know what I was told by some of John's friends and even they do not go into great detail.  I am guessing the main reason being it would be like trying to explain space travel to a chimp simply because we once put a chimpanzee into a Mercury rocket and launched him into space.  The chimp doesn't understand the how and why of the flight, it just goes along for the ride.

You should see what happens if I show up at my aunties' home.  I need a Hebrew translator, LOL! 

The way I see it in the real world is if we cannot ever see eye to eye, then we had better be ready for the inevitable eye for an eye.
The Founders of our Nation were ready for that and more.  I see the other side of the "coin" trying their best to take away our first and second amendment rights.

That smacks of Nazi and not just to me. 

Be well,sir!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4095 on: October 03, 2022, 09:28:10 AM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4096 on: November 10, 2022, 04:17:32 PM »

This is elementary and Trump should know these things. Sometimes it seems like he does not care how stupid he makes himself appear. Voter turnout in United States presidential elections has historically been higher than the turnout for midterm elections. About 40% of those eligible to vote go to the polls in midterm elections. In the presidential elections the turnout is 10-20% higher.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #4097 on: November 11, 2022, 06:25:36 AM »
He is being so foolish, even for him.
Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4098 on: November 11, 2022, 06:27:44 AM »
He is being so foolish, even for him.

He can't take not being the center of attention. 

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4099 on: November 11, 2022, 06:40:11 AM »

F