Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 763957 times)

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #10100 on: December 28, 2023, 09:10:41 AM »
So put a number on it then.

The next peak inside of 2yrs is what?

If sub 100k is too bearish and price suppressing, what will it be?

As long as it stays over 3k I'm good. Predicting both  price and timeline sure fire way to be wrong and I usually  am. That's why I buy and hold. I did in one of my posts 20/21 say that after the bear market btc will settle down at 50k and that would be its new floor.

After this next blow off top I'm thinking it settles around 70-80k after the bear, for that to happen a 100K+ BTC price at its peak.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10101 on: December 28, 2023, 12:20:36 PM »
Pretty sure Bulgaria holds 200+ btc aswell.
I see. Notice how some governments got their BTC stash by seizing it from others.

I like how the articles claim Bulgaria would become very wealthy - lol! A 200K stash of Bitcoin will only be $200 billion if BTC hits $1 million. That's less than Elon's net worth. Bulgaria would not be wealthy at all. 1 trillion / 1 million = 1 million.

https://beincrypto.com/bulgaria-bitcoin-holdings-make-it-rich/

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10102 on: December 28, 2023, 01:06:09 PM »
I see. Notice how some governments got their BTC stash by seizing it from others.

I like how the articles claim Bulgaria would become very wealthy - lol! A 200K stash of Bitcoin will only be $200 billion if BTC hits $1 million. That's less than Elon's net worth. Bulgaria would not be wealthy at all. 1 trillion / 1 million = 1 million.

https://beincrypto.com/bulgaria-bitcoin-holdings-make-it-rich/

With a total debt of 20.6b I'd say that's not bad  and they would be  totally liquid, how long would  it take for Elon to liquidate all his assets, companies and dreams?

It may be a drop in the bucket on a global scale, to a small poverty stricken Eastern European country it's not a bad stash.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10103 on: December 28, 2023, 07:49:23 PM »
As long as it stays over 3k I'm good. Predicting both  price and timeline sure fire way to be wrong and I usually  am. That's why I buy and hold. I did in one of my posts 20/21 say that after the bear market btc will settle down at 50k and that would be its new floor.

After this next blow off top I'm thinking it settles around 70-80k after the bear, for that to happen a 100K+ BTC price at its peak.

So 2021 you would have been thinking of a 170k with a 50k floor. We got 69k /15k.

This coming peak you are going higher with around 265k / 80k if you want that floor to be so high.

Your floor is my ceiling number so we do have at least the number in common. I am reading how the Saudi’s are going to market buy 500B and create a God candle lol. It’s this type of euphoria that makes me think the prices/timing will come earlier than most think.

You also have to ask yourself, who is selling to Saylor 👀

I would absolutely love your ceiling numbers to happen because my alts would skyrocket way higher than I currently imagine.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10104 on: December 28, 2023, 11:18:04 PM »
Let's say the ETF narrative has done what the halving narrative did in the past. That would mean it's a shorter cycle and the bitcoin top probably won't that impressive in terms of multiples from the bottom as it has been in the past.

A Doge god candle in the next few days or weeks would be the last domino confirming we're in an end of cycle/blow off bull run.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10105 on: December 28, 2023, 11:42:17 PM »
Let's say the ETF narrative has done what the halving narrative did in the past. That would mean it's a shorter cycle and the bitcoin top probably won't that impressive in terms of multiples from the bottom as it has been in the past.

A Doge god candle in the next few days or weeks would be the last domino confirming we're in an end of cycle/blow off bull run.

Doge is another confirmation metric I use for timing.

Mar/Apr 2024 possible break of lows which goes upward to a top signal.

FYI I hold Shib because it’s too hard to buy Doge without paying huge gas fees.

**EDIT ETH network is so fucked right now. Paid USD20 in gas fees for a transaction lol 😂 ETH exists due to degenerate alt coins, anyone who likes ETH better pray the govt doesn’t kill off alt coins and self custody otherwise kiss it goodbye.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10106 on: December 29, 2023, 12:34:15 AM »

**EDIT ETH network is so fucked right now. Paid USD20 in gas fees for a transaction lol 😂 ETH exists due to degenerate alt coins, anyone who likes ETH better pray the govt doesn’t kill off alt coins and self custody otherwise kiss it goodbye.

I'm willing to take the hit on fees and spreads, loaded up on doge. Worst that can happen from here is it dumps 50% which is nothing in crypto. Gonna add more too if I catch it running. Don't be suprised if we get the Doge god candle on fake news on some joke spot ETF application for it.

I'm more of the belief this run continues with no pull backs until 60k to 70k maybe in March.

Restaking (eigenlayer) and spot ETF hype will probably carry ETH to new highs, but not getting involved with it directly.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10107 on: December 29, 2023, 02:53:59 AM »
If you are going to dabble with alts, I would recommend FIL. Filecoin at least has a genuine utility, actual revenue, and this a calculatable value. We know data storage demands will increase exponentially, and we know data storage will gravitate to the lowest and most efficient cost over time, all things being equal.

Doge is a pure speculation, and as you say, it is just as likely to go up or down. As for going down max 50%, I think it could go down way more. As in 95%. The powers that be are about to destroy the fuck out of alts, and will do a huge amount of public education on the distinction between BTC and alts / Bitcoin not crypto. Musk is a loose cannon who could easily see a backlash. And I suspect his legal advisors have put an end to his Doge shillings.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10108 on: December 29, 2023, 03:23:49 AM »
So 2021 you would have been thinking of a 170k with a 50k floor. We got 69k /15k.

This coming peak you are going higher with around 265k / 80k if you want that floor to be so high.

Your floor is my ceiling number so we do have at least the number in common. I am reading how the Saudi’s are going to market buy 500B and create a God candle lol. It’s this type of euphoria that makes me think the prices/timing will come earlier than most think.

You also have to ask yourself, who is selling to Saylor 👀

I would absolutely love your ceiling numbers to happen because my alts would skyrocket way higher than I currently imagine.

I'm hopeful for a 265k peak at best case scenario/europhoria but what I think is much lower with less of a draw down than the 75% people are anticipating.

I think the shit coins  will follow their  usual 90% drawdowns except possibly ETH.

In terms of your price suppression theory, yeah possible if a recession is announced thr price will ve drawn down over the subsequent months which would follow a bull run into 2025.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10109 on: December 29, 2023, 03:25:32 AM »

Let's say the ETF does not get approved here is what happened last time with commentary and can expect the same.

https://x.com/RNR_0/status/1740455526478369208?s=20

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10110 on: December 29, 2023, 05:38:01 AM »
Let's say the ETF does not get approved here is what happened last time with commentary and can expect the same.

https://x.com/RNR_0/status/1740455526478369208?s=20

A reverse God-candle??? :)

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10111 on: December 29, 2023, 07:48:35 PM »

Don't you have an option to use Polygon for your Ethereum transactions? Here's a video showing how a guy does his ETH / Stable Coin transactions on Binance and Coinbase. His fees drop to $1 with Polygon. I know you're in Australia. But many exchanges now support ETH Layer 2s. A very useful video that gets to the point.

Regarding Solana with its low fees - They are subsidizing the validators. And this inflates the supply of Solana. End users think they are paying close to zero fees on Solana but they are paying for it via inflation. This is similar to how the public pays when dollars are printed and the purchasing power decreases. Someone mentioned that a Solana transaction is around $25 when you factor in the inflation. This sounds a bit high and perhaps my recollection is wrong. However the transactions are not as low in reality.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10112 on: December 29, 2023, 08:01:00 PM »
Massive subsidies to SOL Validators raise questions about crypto-centralization

Solana, a blockchain known for its speed and direct competition with Ethereum, finds itself at the heart of a debate linked to the substantial subsidy of its validators by the Solana Foundation and Alameda Research, the defunct commercial arm associated with FTX.

According to analyst arixon.eth, over 90% of Solana’s validators benefit from massive subsidies from the Solana Foundation and Alameda Research. At first glance, these figures are alarming: out of 1,997 validators, 1,818 are said to have received delegations from these two entities. In total, they delegated 106 million SOL, of which 73 million were distributed by the Foundation and 33 million by Alameda Research.

Validators play an essential role in Solana’s blockchain. They are responsible for validating transactions and adding them to the blockchain. To ensure the network’s security and decentralization, each node must store SOL, and this amount of SOL determines their voting power.

The scale of these subsidies raises questions about the centralization of power within the blockchain. Arixon.eth suggests that without these “heavy incentives”, the number of Solana validator nodes would be much lower.

More worryingly, a notable number of nodes seem to be left behind, without delegations from the standard SOL holders, raising the question of the disproportionate influence of two entities on the network.

In highlighting these considerable subsidies, arixon.eth warns of the risk of Solana’s centralization under the hegemony of two predominant players. This, it argues, could potentially undermine the long-term value of SOLs and pose a critical dilemma for the decentralized robustness of the network.

Funding for stability or manipulation?

Faced with these allegations, Anatoly Yakovenko, co-founder of Solana, stepped in to clarify the situation. According to him, although some 2,000 validators secure the network, it is their votes, and not their respective participation, that are essential to the network’s security and stability.

Every time a node withdraws from SOL, its voting power diminishes, forcing the network to rely on other validators to maintain decentralization and security.

The question of centralization is a hot topic in the crypto world. While Solana benefits from substantial funding from two major entities, this raises legitimate questions about the network’s true decentralization.

However, one question remains: can the current model, criticized for its tendency towards centralization, ensure the network’s long-term stability and security, or does the Solana blockchain need to revise its delegation strategy to preserve the integrity of its decentralized architecture?

The revelation of exorbitant subsidies to validators is prompting the crypto community to re-examine blockchain governance structures and business models, and to question the delicate balance between incentives and decentralization.

https://www.cointribune.com/en/crypto-alameda-tire-les-ficelles-la-centralisation-secrete-de-solana-devoilee-2/#:~:text=According%20to%20analyst%20arixon.,delegations%20from%20these%20two%20entities.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10113 on: December 29, 2023, 08:06:48 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/18topt8/as_of_december_2023_every_user_transaction_on_the/

Solana supply is up 15.4% this year. Not 5.6% as claimed. Seems like Solana inflates more than the USD?!

https://messari.io/project/solana/charts/supply

427 million / 370 million = 1.154

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10114 on: December 30, 2023, 03:09:14 AM »
I'm more of the belief this run continues with no pull backs until 60k to 70k maybe in March.

If ETF approval is April I wouldn’t be surprised to see it run up to its peak. Would wreck everybody.

Plus I’m not big on DXY going down for 1-2yrs, i believe the down timeframes are very small windows and that’s when we would see crypto peaks.

Doge is a pure speculation, and as you say, it is just as likely to go up or down. As for going down max 50%, I think it could go down way more. As in 95%. The powers that be are about to destroy the fuck out of alts, and will do a huge amount of public education on the distinction between BTC and alts / Bitcoin not crypto.

US Banning personal custody is coming for BTC and all other coins. The eUSD is coming in 2024 so stables will get killed and we know a Tether collapse will slaughter everyone in yields.

It’s an unfortunate scenario where for BTC to move ahead it likely means nuking itself.

Don't you have an option to use Polygon for your Ethereum transactions? Here's a video showing how a guy does his ETH / Stable Coin transactions on Binance and Coinbase. His fees drop to $1 with Polygon. I know you're in Australia. But many exchanges now support ETH Layer 2s. A very useful video that gets to the point.

Regarding Solana with its low fees - They are subsidizing the validators. And this inflates the supply of Solana. End users think they are paying close to zero fees on Solana but they are paying for it via inflation. This is similar to how the public pays when dollars are printed and the purchasing power decreases. Someone mentioned that a Solana transaction is around $25 when you factor in the inflation. This sounds a bit high and perhaps my recollection is wrong. However the transactions are not as low in reality.

I use Metamask wallet to Uniswap or oneinch on ETH network.

Honestly crypto is a fucking mess. People can dream up all sorts of wild numbers but after 4yrs it still costs USD20 to send $1. It’s all dead in the water, you’ll see ETH obliterated once the wallets are banned.

Gib will be right about  BTC but he might have to wear a draw down to 6k at some point so it’ll be a bitter sweet victory. Spend a decade arguing over a crypto only to see it worth less than your buy price and you might wait a decade just to get above water again.

Remember my comparison for gold and Silver HoDLeRs. I played in metals back in 2011. I got out at USD43 silver and it’s at USD24 a decade later……. Bitcoin maxis will learn the true meaning of HoDLe just like metal bugs have known for decades.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10115 on: December 30, 2023, 12:43:58 PM »
If ETF approval is April I wouldn’t be surprised to see it run up to its peak. Would wreck everybody.

Plus I’m not big on DXY going down for 1-2yrs, i believe the down timeframes are very small windows and that’s when we would see crypto peaks.

US Banning personal custody is coming for BTC and all other coins. The eUSD is coming in 2024 so stables will get killed and we know a Tether collapse will slaughter everyone in yields.

It’s an unfortunate scenario where for BTC to move ahead it likely means nuking itself.

Honestly crypto is a fucking mess. People can dream up all sorts of wild numbers but after 4yrs it still costs USD20 to send $1. It’s all dead in the water, you’ll see ETH obliterated once the wallets are banned.

Gib will be right about  BTC but he might have to wear a draw down to 6k at some point so it’ll be a bitter sweet victory. Spend a decade arguing over a crypto only to see it worth less than your buy price and you might wait a decade just to get above water again.

Remember my comparison for gold and Silver HoDLeRs. I played in metals back in 2011. I got out at USD43 silver and it’s at USD24 a decade later……. Bitcoin maxis will learn the true meaning of HoDLe just like metal bugs have known for decades.

Mayday your price predictions are far more entertaining than any of the subsequent bull runs I've been involved in. The sustained sub 6k for 10 years is a cake taker.

Btc is a different asset to anything we've seen before. It's supply is fixed. Golds supply doubles every 30years, stocks get diluted, RE expands, $$$ are printed.
A btc Maxi imo opinion are those of us with majority NW in btc and there's probably  less than 10-20k btc maxi that exist. Btc maxi already no the true meaning of hodl, multiple draw downs of 80+% so a stagnate prices would be child's play if it eventuated. Btc maxi problem is that they think majority of the world will adopt their mindset tomorrow, when in actual fact the majority of the world are retarded and don't care. This is where the BS projections of btc to 10million by 2025 come from.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10116 on: December 30, 2023, 07:34:04 PM »
Mayday your price predictions are far more entertaining than any of the subsequent bull runs I've been involved in. The sustained sub 6k for 10 years is a cake taker.

Btc is a different asset to anything we've seen before. It's supply is fixed. Golds supply doubles every 30years, stocks get diluted, RE expands, $$$ are printed.
A btc Maxi imo opinion are those of us with majority NW in btc and there's probably  less than 10-20k btc maxi that exist. Btc maxi already no the true meaning of hodl, multiple draw downs of 80+% so a stagnate prices would be child's play if it eventuated. Btc maxi problem is that they think majority of the world will adopt their mindset tomorrow, when in actual fact the majority of the world are retarded and don't care. This is where the BS projections of btc to 10million by 2025 come from.

Well I do like to bear talk lol 😂 keep in mind I was bullish at 17.5k when I bought but everyone else on here was waiting for 12k or lower.

Im suggesting the future peaks/lows could become lower. It could look something like this:
2024-25 76k peak
2026-27 12k low
2028-29 64k peak
2030-31 6k low
2032-2040 continual upward run to 240k

If BTC is digital gold then it will behave like gold. Don’t get caught up in the supply argument, the mining rate is adjusted down and it is always divisible to more decimal points to purchase. On chain was BS aswell. Metal players know how to HoDL as it’s extremely long waves down and up:

Gold spent 20yrs going down from 1980 to 2000
Gold spent 10yrs going up from 2000 to 2010
Gold spent 5yrs going down from 2011 to 2015
Gold spent 4yrs going up from 2016 to 2020
Gold has almost gone sideways from 2020-2023 —> it’s up 3.7% over the largest money printing/inflationary period in 40yrs.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10117 on: January 01, 2024, 08:15:05 PM »

Does this help? Something is wrong if you have to pay $20. Uniswap and Metamask support ETH L2s.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10118 on: January 01, 2024, 09:08:56 PM »
Does this help? Something is wrong if you have to pay $20. Uniswap and Metamask support ETH L2s.

Speculative utility ALTS tend to avoid L2s and only launch on  Ethereum. The idea is that early investors are more likely to hodl than trade in and out of positions because of high gas fees. More hodlers help a project look more legitimate

I'll give you an example. I've mentioned eigenlayer restaking and the potential value that could bring to ETH. They haven't launched a token yet, but it's a legit project which is well funded and will have a huge token launch soon. The token will probably be available on big exchanges from day 1.

I will probably get involved with the eigenlayer  token, but I also want to take on more risk and speculate on the network so found a utility ALT called RSTK. It will be one of the first protocols to launch on eigenlayer. It's utility is that it gives an extra 10% yield on the restaking. It's only available on Ethereum for the reasons mentioned earlier. Now I don't know for sure if this is a legit project or a rug, but I do know it has more buyers than sellers. It could rug to zero or it could x50 if it eventually gets listed on major exchanges. Until then it will only be found on Ethereum and be pricey to trade.

https://coinmarketcap.com/dexscan/ethereum/0x8c894d91748a42fc68f681090db06720779a7347/

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10119 on: January 01, 2024, 09:16:45 PM »
Well I do like to bear talk lol 😂 keep in mind I was bullish at 17.5k when I bought but everyone else on here was waiting for 12k or lower.

Im suggesting the future peaks/lows could become lower. It could look something like this:
2024-25 76k peak
2026-27 12k low
2028-29 64k peak
2030-31 6k low
2032-2040 continual upward run to 240k

If BTC is digital gold then it will behave like gold. Don’t get caught up in the supply argument, the mining rate is adjusted down and it is always divisible to more decimal points to purchase. On chain was BS aswell. Metal players know how to HoDL as it’s extremely long waves down and up:

Gold spent 20yrs going down from 1980 to 2000
Gold spent 10yrs going up from 2000 to 2010
Gold spent 5yrs going down from 2011 to 2015
Gold spent 4yrs going up from 2016 to 2020
Gold has almost gone sideways from 2020-2023 —> it’s up 3.7% over the largest money printing/inflationary period in 40yrs.
Gold and Silver are excellent conductors of electricity. Both are used in electronics and electrical devices. The price of Gold was also suppressed by the US government to promote the USD as the world's reserve currency. A sky-high gold price would undermine the US dollar and also affect the cost of electronics and other devices.

The death of the dollar could very well be because it was politicized with the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Nations now are concerned about opting into a currency that could be used against them depending on the way the wind blows - lol! So in the long run it may not be possible for the bankrupt US to suppress Gold or cryptocurrencies. They can try and ban ownership, sure. But I see the US political system as totally corrupt and beyond saving. It's rotting from within, and its influence is waning. But we'll see what happens in the next few years...

https://www.numismaticnews.net/coin-market/is-golds-price-manipulated

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10120 on: January 01, 2024, 09:35:12 PM »
BTC will soon make a an attempt at the 45K mark. We are still in spring season, but gradually more and more weak hands will be shaken out, leaving hard core hodlers who will hold to 100K+, and that's when demand will really squeeze price up fast.

Such a beautiful thing... :)

When?

When will we break 45k? Likely today.

(Or were you asking when we will hit 100k???)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10121 on: January 01, 2024, 10:16:55 PM »

I've mentioned eigenlayer restaking and the potential value that could bring to ETH. They haven't launched a token yet, but it's a legit project which is well funded and will have a huge token launch soon. The token will probably be available on big exchanges from day 1.

I will probably get involved with the eigenlayer  token, but I also want to take on more risk and speculate on the network so found a utility ALT called RSTK.

https://coinmarketcap.com/dexscan/ethereum/0x8c894d91748a42fc68f681090db06720779a7347/

Yes, the concept has promise for sure.

For those interested in legit "alts" I would strongly suggest you look at FILECOIN (FIL). I won't put the full explanation, but for anyone who takes just a little time to read the link below, it will be very obvious how much massive potential FIL has.

Basically, Filecoin is on its way to revolutionizing how we store data. It is already making money, growing in revenues and adoption, improving usability, and building out various new functionality which will make it essential to so many areas of crypto beyond just data storage.

Even better, FIL comes at a post-ICO boom / bust price, and is well listed on all major crypto exchanges. So not just one of the few legit projects with true upside, but also at a price that actually represents legitimate value.

https://filecointldr.io/

i=SAW_Hy87FzjMG2ZV

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10122 on: January 02, 2024, 01:06:45 AM »
Yes, the concept has promise for sure.

For those interested in legit "alts" I would strongly suggest you look at FILECOIN (FIL). I won't put the full explanation, but for anyone who takes just a little time to read the link below, it will be very obvious how much massive potential FIL has.

Basically, Filecoin is on its way to revolutionizing how we store data. It is already making money, growing in revenues and adoption, improving usability, and building out various new functionality which will make it essential to so many areas of crypto beyond just data storage.

Even better, FIL comes at a post-ICO boom / bust price, and is well listed on all major crypto exchanges. So not just one of the few legit projects with true upside, but also at a price that actually represents legitimate value.

https://filecointldr.io/

i=SAW_Hy87FzjMG2ZV

shitcoiner!

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10123 on: January 02, 2024, 03:33:55 AM »
shitcoiner!

Ha ha - and lol but No, I am definitely not a shitcoiner.

Filecoin is definitely not a shitcoin, and also is no way an "alt" to the function of BTC. (If you are unsure what FIL does, take a look at filecoin.io or https://filecointldr.io/.

Filecoin will have a profound effect on the way we store data. Theoretically, its network capacity and usage should surpass Google, Microsoft, Amazon, and Apple in terms of data storage capacity. Solana is one of many examples of blockchains which storea data on the FIL network.

I predict we will hear a lot more about this very important utility protocol in the years to come (and I look forward to quoting myself in 2028 etc when the price of FIL will make its current price look like an absolute bargain). The opportunity is out there for those who do just a little research. This is a possible 50x'er over the next decade if they execute as planned.

Is FIL an unregistered security? Quite possibly yes, but it is such an important innovation that it really cannot be stopped (although trading of the FIL tokens on US exchanges potentially could be). But its certainly NOT a shitcoin.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10124 on: January 03, 2024, 09:41:36 AM »
Anyone manage to pick up some Sats in that nice little flash crash we just had? (I nibbled away at BTC, SOL, and FIL).