Author Topic: NOT AGAIN!!!! Reigns vs Lesnar at SummerSlam 2022  (Read 3858 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
NOT AGAIN!!!! Reigns vs Lesnar at SummerSlam 2022
« on: June 20, 2022, 07:38:43 AM »
With wrestlers, dropping left and right because of injury, WWE has dredge up the Beast to fight the Tribal Chief......YET AGAIN....for SummerSlam. This time, it's reportedly a "Last Man Standing" match.

Lesnar returned on Smackdown, after The Head of the Table beat Matt Riddle to retain his title (with the stipulation that Riddle gets no more title shots if he loses).

Reigns says there's no one left. The music hits; the BEAST INCARNATE APPEARS and wants to shake the champion's hand, which naturally results in an F-5 to the Needle Mover and his cousins.

They couldn't have used Lashley, or McIntyre, or even not put that stip in the Smackdown match and give Riddle another crack in a specialty match at Money In the Bank or at SummerSlam. NOPE!! It's Reigns and Lesnar, part 1,367.

cheftim

• Getbig III
Re: NOT AGAIN!!!! Reigns vs Lesnar at SummerSlam 2022
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 12:17:44 PM »
I'm not a fan of it either. This is the way it works though. Vince will try and get every penny he can out of this feud. This isn't even close to being as dragged out as Undertaker/Kane or Cena/Orton. On a side note Reigns should either lay off the krispy kremes or put the chest protector back on.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 09:32:53 AM »
I'm not a fan of it either. This is the way it works though. Vince will try and get every penny he can out of this feud. This isn't even close to being as dragged out as Undertaker/Kane or Cena/Orton. On a side note Reigns should either lay off the krispy kremes or put the chest protector back on.
That's the problem...who else to challenge Reigns that could possibly beat him? They built reigns up to the point where they made him seem virtually unstoppable and they literally ran out of worthy would-be challengers. Back in the day, you had Undertaker, Kane, HBK, Angle, Rock, Austin, etc...all Mega stars that could headline anywhere. Now? I wouldn't pay 200 bucks min per ticket to see Riccochet and the Viking Warriors...sorry.

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 11:00:21 AM »
That's the problem...who else to challenge Reigns that could possibly beat him? They built reigns up to the point where they made him seem virtually unstoppable and they literally ran out of worthy would-be challengers. Back in the day, you had Undertaker, Kane, HBK, Angle, Rock, Austin, etc...all Mega stars that could headline anywhere. Now? I wouldn't pay 200 bucks min per ticket to see Riccochet and the Viking Warriors...sorry.

I'm a devoted life long fan for over 40 years. I still watch it on TV but stopped going to live events. It's not the same as it used to be.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2022, 08:41:59 PM »

Lesnar and Reigns actually became interesting with the Paul Heyman factor, plus Lesnar was gone for 18 months. Personally, I think if Reigns hadn't caught the 'rona before Day 1, Lesnar would have beaten him just before Reigns surpassed the record for longest running Universal champion.

I would like to see Lesnar and McIntyre go at it. After all, Lesnar never got a rematch with him for losing the WWE world title at WM36. And it's not like WWE to not let the Beast his payback.

And, I haven't seen it yet. But, I think Riddle will win/has won MITB. This way, they can use him to take just the world title off The Tribal Chief (due to the Smackdown stipulation).

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2022, 05:05:23 AM »
Lesnar and Reigns actually became interesting with the Paul Heyman factor, plus Lesnar was gone for 18 months. Personally, I think if Reigns hadn't caught the 'rona before Day 1, Lesnar would have beaten him just before Reigns surpassed the record for longest running Universal champion.

I would like to see Lesnar and McIntyre go at it. After all, Lesnar never got a rematch with him for losing the WWE world title at WM36. And it's not like WWE to not let the Beast his payback.

And, I haven't seen it yet. But, I think Riddle will win/has won MITB. This way, they can use him to take just the world title off The Tribal Chief (due to the Smackdown stipulation).
It should be good regardless...Lesner vs Reigns at Summerslam. If i'm not mistaken they are wrestling a last man standing match? If so, that will be a smash mouth bang up match. Interesting to see where they go with this one. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Roman wins and Theory cashes in his MITB as a swerve. They are already yapping about Cena vs Theory at WM and if Theory cashes in and wins, it will be a title match and guess who will win that one and collect his 17th title win....

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2022, 08:48:10 PM »
It should be good regardless...Lesner vs Reigns at Summerslam. If i'm not mistaken they are wrestling a last man standing match? If so, that will be a smash mouth bang up match. Interesting to see where they go with this one. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Roman wins and Theory cashes in his MITB as a swerve. They are already yapping about Cena vs Theory at WM and if Theory cashes in and wins, it will be a title match and guess who will win that one and collect his 17th title win....

Supposedly, this is the "final chapter" between the Beast Incarnate and the Head of the Table.

Last week was my wedding anniversary; so even though I saw MITB I didn't really post any predictions. Why the heck did they give Austin Theory the briefcase? Moreover, why is Lashley being wasted with the United States title again?

Well, my Matt Riddle scenario went poof. However, I still think they can use Theory to take one of the belts (probably the world title off Reigns). It would have made more sense to use Riddle, given the Smackdown match stipulation earlier.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2022, 07:08:14 AM »
Supposedly, this is the "final chapter" between the Beast Incarnate and the Head of the Table.

Last week was my wedding anniversary; so even though I saw MITB I didn't really post any predictions. Why the heck did they give Austin Theory the briefcase? Moreover, why is Lashley being wasted with the United States title again?

Well, my Matt Riddle scenario went poof. However, I still think they can use Theory to take one of the belts (probably the world title off Reigns). It would have made more sense to use Riddle, given the Smackdown match stipulation earlier.
Happy belated anniversary to you sir..
Since they unified the Universal title and WWE title as one, Theory can only challenge Reigns.
I know for a fact, Vince took a shine to Theory hence his push.
Glad to see Riddle getting the exposure on TV. I have a funny feeling when he does get that oppurtunity at either Survivor series or even RR, Orton will make his comeback and RKO riddle. They were already teasing that one siting that Riddle is using Orton's moves / stealing Orton's spotlight so to speak so I can see that happening. Curious to see what they do with Edge now..

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2022, 08:37:23 PM »
Happy belated anniversary to you sir..
Since they unified the Universal title and WWE title as one, Theory can only challenge Reigns.
I know for a fact, Vince took a shine to Theory hence his push.
Glad to see Riddle getting the exposure on TV. I have a funny feeling when he does get that oppurtunity at either Survivor series or even RR, Orton will make his comeback and RKO riddle. They were already teasing that one siting that Riddle is using Orton's moves / stealing Orton's spotlight so to speak so I can see that happening. Curious to see what they do with Edge now..

But, they didn't give Reigns a new belt, the way they did Lesnar back in 2014. Lesnar won the world title and the WWE title (with the scratchy logo) from Cena. Then they presented the WWE world title belt as it is now. The Universal title, as you know, was just a red (now blue) model of the same belt.

Again, my scenario was that, since the Smackdown stipulation was Riddle couldn't never again challenge for the undisputed title (Both belts), the loophole around that was to have him challenge for just one of them.

As for Edge, the whole "Judgment Day" thing got completely RUINED. Judgment Day was supposed to grow. Yet, they kicked Edge out  (supposedly because Edge didn't want a supernatural gimmick for the faction) and now I just saw something online, claiming Rhea Ripley has some sort of heart issue, along with her concussion.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2022, 04:00:05 PM »
But, they didn't give Reigns a new belt, the way they did Lesnar back in 2014. Lesnar won the world title and the WWE title (with the scratchy logo) from Cena. Then they presented the WWE world title belt as it is now. The Universal title, as you know, was just a red (now blue) model of the same belt.

Again, my scenario was that, since the Smackdown stipulation was Riddle couldn't never again challenge for the undisputed title (Both belts), the loophole around that was to have him challenge for just one of them.

As for Edge, the whole "Judgment Day" thing got completely RUINED. Judgment Day was supposed to grow. Yet, they kicked Edge out  (supposedly because Edge didn't want a supernatural gimmick for the faction) and now I just saw something online, claiming Rhea Ripley has some sort of heart issue, along with her concussion.
From what I hve read, they had Egde kicked out of the Judgement Day faction because Cody got injured with his torn pec and they needed a strong face but that completely fucked up Edge now especially since he really gave it to the fans. Probably the reason they kept him off tv. That was a great group growing and I agree, completely ruined now.
Yes, you heard right, Rhea is out with some sort of Heart issue which is another blow to that faction.

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2022, 12:02:06 PM »
From what I hve read, they had Egde kicked out of the Judgement Day faction because Cody got injured with his torn pec and they needed a strong face but that completely fucked up Edge now especially since he really gave it to the fans. Probably the reason they kept him off tv. That was a great group growing and I agree, completely ruined now.
Yes, you heard right, Rhea is out with some sort of Heart issue which is another blow to that faction.
I just don't know why Edge cut his hair off. I thought it has always been part of his character. He always used it bring so much more emotion to his performances. He's always been one of my favorites. Great in any angle he gets put in. Wish he and Cena would have another run. Those guys worked great together.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2022, 01:50:40 PM »

And the hits keep coming with the injuries. I wonder if they'll bring up from NXT that big-booty white girl that everyone has gone GA-GA over, Nikikta Lyons, to the main roster (once she recovers from her bum knee).

Edit - It appears Lyons came back to NXT two weeks ago. And she's feuding with women's champion, Mandy Rose. Perhaps a return to the main roster for Rose may help the ladies (who, if rumors are true, may end up being Divas again).

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2022, 06:23:30 PM »
Lesnar was a better and more credible champ than Roman will ever be. 

They had a monster heel in Lashley and fucked it up.  Just like they did with Mark Henry in the past and Braun. 

Rey Mysterio simply looks like a chicken on LSD running around the ring at this point. 

The true talent of the company like Riddle, Styles, Ziggler, etc. will never make it out of the mid card stage.  They will just get their head above the water so speak before being pushed back down.  I don't have any faith that HHH will run a better program than Vince.  We all know Vince is going to be doing it behind the scenes anyway.

The only way I would ever pay to go to a live event again would be if it were the first ever match between Rock and Roman.   That;s the only thing that could lure me to the box office.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2022, 02:14:32 PM »
Lesnar was a better and more credible champ than Roman will ever be. 

They had a monster heel in Lashley and fucked it up.  Just like they did with Mark Henry in the past and Braun. 

Rey Mysterio simply looks like a chicken on LSD running around the ring at this point. 

The true talent of the company like Riddle, Styles, Ziggler, etc. will never make it out of the mid card stage.  They will just get their head above the water so speak before being pushed back down.  I don't have any faith that HHH will run a better program than Vince.  We all know Vince is going to be doing it behind the scenes anyway.

The only way I would ever pay to go to a live event again would be if it were the first ever match between Rock and Roman.   That;s the only thing that could lure me to the box office.

I have to disagree a little. We often went 3-4 months without Lesnar defending the title. Reigns has to get past Lesnar (and avoid a cash-in by Austin Theory) until at least Aug. 23 to make it a full TWO YEARS as a world champion. Reigns has been a workhorse. I think his soft schedule in recent weeks is due to Lesnar pulling out his shoulder at 'Mania.

Rumor also has it that Lesnar got his ribs cracked in that match. And since he's pinch-hitting for Orton, it appears it's the old time-honored-tradition for the Beast Incarnate.

As for the Mysterios, they have to do something with the suck that is the Edge-less Judgment Day. And now Riddle's out for SummerSlam.

As for the Rock and Reigns, that's the rumored main event match for WM39. If that's the case, does that mean Reigns remains champion until then? If so, the only way we get that match is if Rock wins the Rumble.

Can that match sell without Reigns holding the belts?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2022, 07:06:15 AM »
I really did like Reigns mic wok with Theory

....''Your daddy's gone" ;D

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2022, 08:17:35 PM »
On a side note Reigns should either lay off the krispy kremes or put the chest protector back on.

This^

I hadn’t watched any TV in a while so when Vince announced his retirement I had to watch, the only take away I had was Roman has gotten flabby with his reduced schedule.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2022, 09:42:07 PM »
This^

I hadn’t watched any TV in a while so when Vince announced his retirement I had to watch, the only take away I had was Roman has gotten flabby with his reduced schedule.

Reigns looks just fine. Hopefully his arm is all healed up from 'Mania and he can really go.

I'll make my picks for SummerSlam on another thread.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2022, 09:48:03 PM »
Reigns looks just fine. Hopefully his arm is all healed up from 'Mania and he can really go.

I'll make my picks for SummerSlam on another thread.

He could be 300 pounds of blubber like all the other Samoans.

You're missing the point, he isnt as defined as he was. It's a significant difference.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2022, 03:29:29 PM »
I have to disagree a little. We often went 3-4 months without Lesnar defending the title. Reigns has to get past Lesnar (and avoid a cash-in by Austin Theory) until at least Aug. 23 to make it a full TWO YEARS as a world champion. Reigns has been a workhorse. I think his soft schedule in recent weeks is due to Lesnar pulling out his shoulder at 'Mania.

Rumor also has it that Lesnar got his ribs cracked in that match. And since he's pinch-hitting for Orton, it appears it's the old time-honored-tradition for the Beast Incarnate.

As for the Mysterios, they have to do something with the suck that is the Edge-less Judgment Day. And now Riddle's out for SummerSlam.

As for the Rock and Reigns, that's the rumored main event match for WM39. If that's the case, does that mean Reigns remains champion until then? If so, the only way we get that match is if Rock wins the Rumble.

Can that match sell without Reigns holding the belts?

Lesnar is supposed to only defend his title when a challenger is present and qualified.   Only on big shows,  which is why giving away PPVs for free on Monday's sucks ass.  Look how Flair did back in the NWA days.  He rarely defended his title on Saturday morning shows.  He was the main event.  You had to pay to see him basically.   That is what made the world title special and not a prop.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2022, 02:07:05 PM »
Lesnar is supposed to only defend his title when a challenger is present and qualified.   Only on big shows,  which is why giving away PPVs for free on Monday's sucks ass.  Look how Flair did back in the NWA days.  He rarely defended his title on Saturday morning shows.  He was the main event.  You had to pay to see him basically.   That is what made the world title special and not a prop.

Lesnar missed plenty of big shows and PPVs when he had the world/universal title.. The only PPVs that Reigns has missed, since being champion, were Day 1 (out with the 'rona) and Money in the Bank. He was at Backlash but that was in a six-man tag. I thought they might put all the titles on the line in that match; but they didn't.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2023, 10:43:25 AM »
Anyone who watches new pro wrestling programs today is a sap. Without exception.

Watch the classics, etc, but the new stuff is gay as fuck.
~

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2023, 03:55:38 PM »
Anyone who watches new pro wrestling programs today is a sap. Without exception.

Watch the classics, etc, but the new stuff is gay as fuck.

And what does that say about someone who posts on a thread that's a year old about the "new stuff"?

;D

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2023, 04:57:07 PM »
And what does that say about someone who posts on a thread that's a year old about the "new stuff"?

;D

Less than what it says about some ham and egger defending "the business"
~