Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 758831 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Industry News & Notes - Updated Weekly:
« Reply #750 on: October 25, 2010, 12:23:59 PM »

IIRC, they didn't part on the best of terms?

Still, money's money, and I can only think of two people who would/will always say no to a WWE paycheck based on principle.
 :-\
They were getting 300,000 dollars per year each for working 3-4 shows per week in a limited territory. Not bad. I would do the same. Guaranteed they both got raises.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #751 on: October 25, 2010, 01:41:55 PM »
They were getting 300,000 dollars per year each for working 3-4 shows per week in a limited territory. Not bad. I would do the same. Guaranteed they both got raises.

Oh...right; I meant they left the Fed on less than great terms.
Yeah, 300K in TNA sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Put it this way - it's better than they'd make working anywhere else except WWE or probably Japan.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #752 on: October 25, 2010, 07:36:06 PM »
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that The Steiner Brothers, real names Scott and Robert Rechsteiner, were inducted into Michigan's Bay County Sports Hall of Fame on October 10th.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #753 on: October 25, 2010, 07:40:59 PM »
It's being reported that Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat recently returned to WWE and has reported to Florida Championship Wrestling where he will now be working with developmental talent. Steamboat had been away from WWE since July when he was hospitalized with a bleeding brain issue.

According to a new report, Vince McMahon recently reached out to former WWE star Christopher Nowinski and said he wanted to support Nowinski's Sports Legacy Institute and its research on the effects of concussions.

Source: The Wrestling Observer

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #754 on: October 26, 2010, 04:46:33 AM »
It's being reported that Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat recently returned to WWE and has reported to Florida Championship Wrestling where he will now be working with developmental talent. Steamboat had been away from WWE since July when he was hospitalized with a bleeding brain issue.

According to a new report, Vince McMahon recently reached out to former WWE star Christopher Nowinski and said he wanted to support Nowinski's Sports Legacy Institute and its research on the effects of concussions.

Source: The Wrestling Observer

Good to hear that he is ok.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #755 on: October 27, 2010, 09:31:15 AM »
 Early numbers are in for the WWE Night of Champions PPV, and the downward trend continues. The 2010 version of the PPV scored 169,000 buys, down from last year, when the show did 267,000 buys. The final number for the show will likely be announced in the next quarterly report.

Credit: Pwinsider.com

Shaul Marie Guerrero, the 20 year old daughter of Vickie Guererro and the late Eddie Guererro, has reportedly signed a developmental deal with World Wrestling Entertainment.

According to sources, Shaul Marie Guerrero has reportedly been telling fans at recent FCW live events that she’s signed to a deal and waiting to begin her training.

Guerrero been seen at ringside at several WWE shows over the years, including the annual Hall of Fame ceremonies.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #756 on: October 27, 2010, 01:44:59 PM »
- WWE.com has quietly announced that the 11/29 three hour Raw in Philly, PA will be the return of the King of the Ring tournament. It will feature talent from both Raw and Smackdown vying for the honor. The last KOTR was held in 2008 and was won by William Regal.

Gerweck.net

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #757 on: October 28, 2010, 01:14:38 PM »
TV.Broadwayworld.com is reporting that A&E, in conjuction with Bischoff/Hervey Entertainment, will be airing a special on the network called "Finding Hulk Hogan."
The show airs on November 17th at 10pm EST and reportedly will feature Hogan speaking in detail on subjects such as depression, suicide, drug and alcohol problems and other major issues he's experienced in his life.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #758 on: October 28, 2010, 01:16:31 PM »
Former WWE Diva and current TNA Knockout Mickie James will be participating in an upcoming auction to benefit the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital this Friday in Richmond, Virginia.

source: MickieJames.com

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #759 on: October 28, 2010, 01:17:45 PM »
Chris Jericho's profile has now been moved to the alumni section of WWE.com.

He also tweeted:
"RT @wnwnews: Chris Jericho Now Listed As WWE Alum http://bit.ly/9Kcsyi - Interesting..."

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #760 on: October 28, 2010, 01:25:32 PM »
TNA Champion Jeff Hardy has noted the following on his Twitter account:
"Just to let the world know, Beth and I are the proud parents of a super cool little girl."

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #761 on: October 29, 2010, 04:48:15 AM »
TNA Champion Jeff Hardy has noted the following on his Twitter account:
"Just to let the world know, Beth and I are the proud parents of a super cool little girl."
Speaking of Jeff, whats the story with his drug trial??

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #762 on: October 29, 2010, 05:03:05 AM »
My hero wasn't the same when he lost at Mania six. I could never bring myself to watch anything like this.

LOL!!
Perhaps the "suicide" part of the show relates to WM6.

If Hogan is still bankable in some capacity after all these years, then I say he did/is doing something right.
Good for him!

I'll watch the show at least once just to see if he shares any good stories.
Did you check out that round-table discussion show he put on with Jimmy Hart, Knobbs, Leslie, etc.?
I posted it on here a while back.
It was just maybe 5 guys sitting in chairs and shooting the shit onstage about some of the crazy stories from life on the road.

I wonder how accurate his stories about Savage and Liz were.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #763 on: October 29, 2010, 07:45:28 AM »

LOL!!
Perhaps the "suicide" part of the show relates to WM6.

If Hogan is still bankable in some capacity after all these years, then I say he did/is doing something right.
Good for him!

I'll watch the show at least once just to see if he shares any good stories.
Did you check out that round-table discussion show he put on with Jimmy Hart, Knobbs, Leslie, etc.?
I posted it on here a while back.
It was just maybe 5 guys sitting in chairs and shooting the shit onstage about some of the crazy stories from life on the road.

I wonder how accurate his stories about Savage and Liz were.
From some of the shoot interviews from other wrestlers I heard, Savage would lock Liz up in a costodial room while he was getting ready for the show. That's how paranoid Savage was of other wrestlers trying to "hot" on his wife. Apparantely only Steamboat and Billy Jack Haynes were allowed to ride in Savages limo back in the 80's because they were both married. Wow.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #764 on: October 29, 2010, 03:56:26 PM »
From some of the shoot interviews from other wrestlers I heard, Savage would lock Liz up in a costodial room while he was getting ready for the show. That's how paranoid Savage was of other wrestlers trying to "hot" on his wife. Apparantely only Steamboat and Billy Jack Haynes were allowed to ride in Savages limo back in the 80's because they were both married. Wow.

Yeah, there's a difference between being protective/jealous and this.

By all accounts, both the Poffo boys sounded like genuinely good people, but I don't think anybody would dispute that that shit with Liz was STRANGE!!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #765 on: October 30, 2010, 10:25:07 AM »
Austin’s Adopted Daughter Jade Adams Gives Birth

CYInterview.com can confirm that on October 27th at 3:26 PM EDT, in Florida, Jade Adams – daughter of deceased British pro-wrestler Chris Adams – now adopted daughter of former WWE champion Steve Austin, gave birth to a baby boy. The baby’s name is Lachlan. The father is professional wrestler Adam Windsor.

Baby Lachlan weighed 7lbs. 5ozs. at birth.

source: http://www.cyinterview.com/2010/10/breaking-pro-wrestling-news-austins-adopted-daughter-jade-adams-gives-birth/

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #766 on: October 31, 2010, 07:17:06 PM »
While nothing has been confirmed or announced, PWInsider.com is reporting that Chris Jericho could return to WWE as early as this holiday season.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #767 on: November 01, 2010, 04:37:35 AM »
While nothing has been confirmed or announced, PWInsider.com is reporting that Chris Jericho could return to WWE as early as this holiday season.

I sure hope so. They are in dire straights for good talant now.

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #768 on: November 01, 2010, 06:19:29 AM »

He needs a decent run with the Heavy weight title.

Hope Triple H gets out of his way.

>:(
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #769 on: November 01, 2010, 10:07:28 AM »
He needs a decent run with the Heavy weight title.

Hope Triple H gets out of his way.

If they want, they could really base some major storylines around Jericho.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #770 on: November 01, 2010, 12:14:45 PM »
 CM Punk reportedly needs hip surgery. Apparently they have a date scheduled for the operation within the next 7-10 days but it's not 100% yet that he will have it. There is concern within WWE that he will miss WrestleMania if he has the surgery."
-NoDQ.com

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #771 on: November 01, 2010, 06:20:19 PM »
If they want, they could really base some major storylines around Jericho.

Triple H won't allow it. I thought Jericho should have won that cage match they had a few years ago, after which Jericho stayed well and truly buried.

Ass cream indeed.

Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #772 on: November 02, 2010, 08:16:18 AM »
CM Punk reportedly needs hip surgery. Apparently they have a date scheduled for the operation within the next 7-10 days but it's not 100% yet that he will have it. There is concern within WWE that he will miss WrestleMania if he has the surgery."
-NoDQ.com
That sucks. Personally I really think he lost momentum when WWE creative and the company's faithful leader disbanded SES.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #773 on: November 03, 2010, 11:23:01 AM »
Killer Karl Kox mentioned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

-- Ted DiBiase and Killer Karl Kox have been added to this August's Georgia Legends Fanfest in Atlanta, GA. More information is available at http://www.nwalegends.com/

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #774 on: November 03, 2010, 05:38:13 PM »
Although it has yet to be confirmed by WWE, it was announced on The Howard Stern Show today that Stone Cold Steve Austin will be returning to WWE to host the December 27th edition of Raw which takes place in Albany NY.
It was said on the Stern show that Austin will be doing some type of segment on Raw with Stern regular Jeff The Drunk.