Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 758936 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Industry News & Notes - Updated Weekly:
« Reply #1450 on: July 15, 2011, 02:49:00 PM »
WWE wrestler Rey Mysterio talked about his current physical condition, scaling back on high-flying moves to protect his body, and other topics in an interview with the Post-Crescent newspaper in Wisconsin promoting Monday's Raw TV live from Green Bay.

-- Mysterio attributed five major knee surgeries on his left knee to performing his West Coast Pop maneuver throughout his career. Mysterio noted he's been forced to scale back on that move to extend his career.

"Without a doubt, and this is what has held me back and put me out for surgeries, is the West Coast Pop, which is a version of the Frankensteiner. I used to do that every night I would perform and it was just hard on my knees," Mysterio said.

As a younger wrestler) you get the feedback from the rest of the boys. 'Man, you’ve gotta take it easy on your body. You wanna make sure you last in this business.' But, you never listen to that as a young kid. You just wanna go, but that West Coast Pop has given me at least five major surgeries on my left knee."

-- Mysterio said he believes he's been able to last 20 years in the business because he hasn't had a major neck injury, unlike many of his colleagues, including Edge, who retired earlier this year.

Mysterio added that the condition of his left knee is currently limiting him in the ring, but he's just having to learn to work smarter at this age. (Mysterio did not discuss his latest timetable for possible retirement in the interview.)

"I would have to say without a doubt, my knees," Mysterio said about the worst injury he's suffered. "It’s the left side that has been aggravating me and kind of limiting me to a certain degree to perform at a peak level in sports entertainment.

"My ACL kept on snapping from my left knee almost on a year-in, year-out basis. I would have my surgery, be gone for about nine months, come back, wrestle for a year and then right after that year went by - boom - it would snap again and I’d have to go back in and get my knee sliced up again. That’s one of the main surgeries and main reasons that I’ve suffered a lot in this industry

pwtorch

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1451 on: July 15, 2011, 02:56:47 PM »
source:ewrestlingnews.com

Although they are being advertised for the Ring of Honor TV tapings for Sinclair next month on 8/13 in Chicago, Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli are in the midst of a pre-signing procedure with WWE. According to a source, they are getting a full physical and having their backgrounds checked. As of now, it would appear they are WWE bound as long as things go as planned.

As reported earlier, Hero and Castagnoli are among a group of people including Colt Cabana that have yet to sign new deals with ROH in preparation for the TV debut on Sinclair

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1452 on: July 18, 2011, 08:46:54 AM »
http://www.wwe.com/superstars/smackdown/sin-cara/sin-cara-suspended

STAMFORD, Conn. – In accordance with its Talent Wellness Program,  WWEhas suspended Luis Ignascio Urive Alvirde (Sin Cara) for 30 days for his first violation of the company’s policy. 

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1453 on: July 18, 2011, 08:50:29 AM »
Gerweck.net

Former Governor Jesse Ventura has promised to never fly again in the U.S. and could even seek Mexican citizenship if a lawsuit that charges the TSA with violating the Americans with Disabilities Act for touching the genitals of travelers is struck down by a federal judge this week.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1454 on: July 18, 2011, 08:59:47 AM »
wrestlezone

"The Bella Twins lashed out at fans on Twitter criticizing Brie's largely panned performance at Money in the Bank. The twin duo, who share an account, fired back at fans who posted negative remarks concerning the WWE Divas Championship bout by saying they have no room to talk.

A Bella wrote, "I think it's funny when people have to RT something a lot when they don't even have the skill to back it up... #Desperate&Sad."

Minutes later, a fan suggested that Brie learn how to wrestle and could do so by studying footage of the TNA Knockouts. The fan wrote, "I'm actually shocked your match went like 5 mins haha!!! But seriously, learn to work. Watch TNA Knockouts and take notes!!!"

One of the Bellas lashed back by saying "they have the worst matches ever." She added, "Show up to a live event and your mouth will shut up... Like we're in charge of time."

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1455 on: July 18, 2011, 02:31:10 PM »
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

The big changes among the WWE writing staff in regards to structure is that Brian Gewirtz and Michael Hayes are no longer touted as "head writers" and have instead been moved to a position just above the head writers of each respective show. Gewirtz's role is to provide ideas and "set up the big picture" for the overall direction of both shows and transmit these ideas to Vince and Stephanie McMahon. As reported earlier, Ed Koskey is now the new head writer of Smackdown, while David Kapoor (who plays the Ranjin Singh character on TV) is now the head writer of Raw.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #1456 on: July 18, 2011, 07:27:09 PM »
STAMFORD, Conn. – In accordance with its Talent Wellness Program,  WWEhas suspended Luis Ignascio Urive Alvirde (Sin Cara) for 30 days for his first violation of the company’s policy. 

Wow, I bet HHH isn't too impressed with his little protege at the moment.  He's only been there a couple of months and already has his first strike?  ::)

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1457 on: July 19, 2011, 03:51:57 PM »
According to Dave Meltzer, people in WWE were under the impression yesterday that Sin Cara won’t be brought back when his wellness policy suspension with WWE expires. At last word, it is considered probable they won’t bring him back.

Gerweck.net

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1458 on: July 19, 2011, 03:56:55 PM »
411mania

- Rey Mysterio is reportedly in line for a big push, especially with him being the only masked wrestler in TV right now. It has also been said that there is something big planned for SummerSlam and the Raw in his hometown of San Diego, which is the next night.
 :-X

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1459 on: July 19, 2011, 04:00:42 PM »
http://www.twnpnews.com/messages2/34531.php

"Zelda Root sent word that during the commercial break for the Kofi Kingston vs. Alberto Del Rio match on tonight's RAW, Vince McMahon came out and yelled at the crowd for being so dead. Vince was in character but it was noted that he may have been legitimately upset at the subdued atmosphere in the building."

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1460 on: July 19, 2011, 04:05:22 PM »
lol twitter is the best and worst thing that's happened to wrestling in the past year

Former WWE star Gene Snitsky, who took shots at The Miz throughout his reign as WWE Champion via Twitter, continues to belittle his former colleague.

During Chavo Guerrero's Twitter diatribe of John Cena on Saturday, the third generation grappler took a potshot at The Miz. He wrote, "And frankly no one believes it anymore. If Miz can kick your ass then the clerk at the store can kick your ass, so please deliver if you say that.."

The former Heat headliner wholeheartedly agreed with Chavo's critical assessment of The Miz.

"Well said chavo!" Snitsky typed. "Wtf is seriously scared of the f***n Miz? Ru kiddin me!!!!"

A follower of Snitsky's said The Miz "is awesome," to which he replied, "RU f***n kiddin me? Heez a putz and i mean that."

He also ripped WWE Monday night for trying to insult the fans' intelligence by implying that John Cena would be dismissed from the organization.

"Well here we go again with the wwe trying to insult our intelligence!" Snitsky wrote. "Does anyone really think John Cena is gettin fired? Wtf cmon rukidinme."

Snitsky was backstage looking for work at last month's SmackDown taping in Hershey, Pennsylvania. He revealed recently on Twitter that he was not offered a contract to return.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1461 on: July 19, 2011, 04:56:20 PM »
New ROH TV champion El Generico will make his first title defense against former TNA wrestler Jay Lethal at the August 13 TV taping in Chicago.

Generico vs. Lethal is the second of three title matches announced for ROH's first TV taping under the Sinclair Broadcasting banner.

Already announced is ROH tag champions Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin vs. Kings of Wrestling. ROH will also announce ROH World champion Davey Richards's first ROH Title

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1462 on: July 20, 2011, 03:30:22 PM »
http://allwrestling.com/News/38171/speculation-wwe-working-roh-cm/

- There are people in WWE who don't know this for sure but strongly suspect there is some kind of working agreement between Ring of Honor and WWE. There are also people in ROH who think the same thing. At the same time, people on both sides insist there is nothing going on between the two companies.

Sources insist that some of the things CM Punk spoke about in his infamous RAW promo a few weeks back will start finding their way onto WWE TV soon. For example, Punk talked about Triple H taking over and he began that storyline on this week's RAW. Punk also mentioned John Laurinaitis and Colt Cabana, both who appeared on WWE TV in the past week. While Cabana wasn't named by the announcers, he was shown at ringside on Money in the Bank and was photographed with Punk and the WWE Title in Chicago after the pay-per-view. Punk also mentioned Ring of Honor, which adds to the speculation that WWE may be working with them.

For what its worth, Cabana has told at least one indy promotion that he's worked regularly with that he's not taking any more bookings with them after next month.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1463 on: July 20, 2011, 03:32:02 PM »
His Career After Eddie's Passing: "I always thought the WWE really dropped the ball after Eddie passed. I always thought the WWE didn't really want to cash in on Eddie's death. But I remember wrestling Triple H and the fans really went crazy for it. But they went with Rey for WrestleMania 22. And I went into Vince's office and told him that could be me. The fans could really get behind me. And instead that went into me turning heel and having a great program with Rey"

His WWE Release: "It was really a longtime coming. I went into the creative offices (after putting over Yoshi Tatsu on Superstars) and asked who's the better wrestler. They said me. I then asked how many countries speak Spanish. And then I asked who have you invested 10 years of television time into. They said me again. And I said they have no legs to stand on. I've always been about business but that's when I said I'm not doing this anymore."

twitter

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1464 on: July 20, 2011, 05:24:21 PM »
WWE Chairman Vince McMahon was reportedly "shocked into silence" when the overnight household ratings for Monday Night Raw came in at a 3.2 yesterday at the Smackdown tapings.

According to a key WWE insider who was backstage, "Vince did his best to no-sell the news, but the entire atmosphere of the backstage area changed once Vince was told of the rating."

WrestleZone was also told, "It seems like Vince and the upper echelon really believed this latest surge in excitement based on the CM Punk angle would really pop the ratings. The slow build back up is really scary for a lot of people right now. There's not an overflow of patience running around in WWE."

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1465 on: July 20, 2011, 05:33:05 PM »
UFC President Dana White posted the following on Twitter:

@Dcm2288 I was there a couple weeks ago and checked out WWE hq's. It was cool

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1466 on: July 21, 2011, 12:49:38 PM »
pwinsider-

In an interview with The Record in Mexico, currently suspended WWE star Sin Cara stated that he was told by WWE management that he failed a Wellness Policty test for steroids, but wanted clarification of why he exactly failed. He later stated he would be meeting with Vince McMahon to discuss the issue and told the newspaper that many medications contain steroids and believes an injection he was given by a doctor for pain may have caused the positive test. Sin Cara denied taking steroids adding he wasn't built like someone who would use them.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1467 on: July 21, 2011, 12:53:12 PM »
pwinsider-

- WWE is looking to hire someone with a sports background to groom for working in talent relations. There is lots of talk within WWE about John Laurinaitis and his long-term future with the company. It's no secret that Triple H isn't a fan of Laurinaitis and Laurinaitis has always been compared in a negative way to Jim Ross when it comes to talent relations. It was discussed after Money in the Bank that Laurinaitis may be established as a new TV character, similar to how Patterson and Brisco were to Vince McMahon years ago.

- Kevin Nash is reportedly is signed to a different WWE Legends deal than everyone else. Usually the Legends deals are that you make a percentage of the revenue your name and likeness generate, and they pay you a small amount of per year as a retainer of sorts. Nash is receiving a significant amount of money and as you know, right now is doing very little work for the company. Nash is said to be frustrated because he thought the reaction he got at the Royal Rumble would lead to something else on TV.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #1468 on: July 21, 2011, 03:25:53 PM »
Nash is said to be frustrated because he thought the reaction he got at the Royal Rumble would lead to something else on TV.

I suspect that will eventually be taken care of.
I hear Nash has friends in high places in the Fed.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1469 on: July 22, 2011, 05:59:08 AM »
gerweck.net

Sin Cara did nothing to boost his standing with WWE by agreeing to do an unauthorized interview with The Record in Mexico, in which he said he was told by WWE management that he failed a Wellness Policy test for steroids, but wanted clarification of why he exactly failed. WWE was reportedly furious about Sin Cara doing the interview without permission, and the interview was pulled by the newspaper. At last word, his future with the company has yet to be determined.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1470 on: July 22, 2011, 06:02:59 AM »
Cody Hall, the 6-foot-9 son of Scott, who is now 20, is training at the I Believe in Wrestling school in Orlando, FL, reports The Wrestling Observer Newsletter. The school features at times Scott, Larry Zbyskzo, Chasyn Rance and Alex Porteau training wrestling hopefuls.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1471 on: July 22, 2011, 06:11:51 AM »
pwtorch

Davey Richards vs. Roderick Strong for the ROH World Title has been signed for ROH's first TV taping under Sinclair Broadcasting on August 13 in Chicago.

Richards vs. Strong joins two other title matches announced for next month's taping that will be featured on the first set of episodes airing this fall in syndication.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1472 on: July 25, 2011, 06:57:23 PM »
- WWE announced this morning that Mark Henry injured Kane on last night's episode of Friday Night SmackDown. WWE is saying that Kane will be out of action for at least three months. As far as we know, this is all part of a storyline as Big Show also went down with an injury at the hands of Henry. Here's what WWE wrote:

"Similar to what he did to Big Show at Money in the Bank, Mark Henry brutalized Kane's leg using a steel chair on the July 22 edition of SmackDown. The attack occurred just moments after Orton defeated Kane in a brutal Street Fight.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1473 on: July 25, 2011, 06:59:01 PM »
wrestlezone

Former WWE referee and employee Jimmy Korderas posted the following on Twitter
"Prayers go out to Legendary Referee David Hebner as he was hospitalized today. Keep him in your thoughts & prayers as well. Positive energy!"

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1474 on: July 27, 2011, 12:38:18 PM »
http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/26/wwe-di...aven-nut-case/

Quote:
WWE star Maryse Ouellet claims an "extremely disturbing and delusional" man is OBSESSED with her ... and now she's asked a judge for protection after he allegedly promised to "take me to heaven with him."

Maryse -- a WWE diva who's been romantically linked with former WWE champion The Miz -- filed a request for a permanent restraining order against 61-year-old Lee Silber ... claiming he has sent "numerous terrifying letters to my home and left more than 50 voicemails on my personal cell phone all of which are extremely disturbing and delusional."

In one of the letters Maryse claims she received from Silber, he promises to "not only give you a check for $100,000, but give you a 100 carat diamond ring worth $20,000,000 to prove I am your friend."

Maryse says Silber's letters have gotten scarier over the last few weeks ... with Silber promising that he will be "coming to LA for me" ... and will "take me to heaven with him."

In the docs, filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Maryse states, "I fear for my life."

Maryse tells TMZ she's beefed up security at her home recently ... calling Silber a "crazy stalker ... who needs to either be in a psychiatric hospital or jail!"

Maryse is due back in court August 3rd.

TMZ placed several calls to Silber for comment -- so far, no response.