Author Topic: I rest my case on Fedor. 0-3 & Losing to a Middleweight  (Read 9626 times)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
I rest my case on Fedor. 0-3 & Losing to a Middleweight
« on: July 30, 2011, 09:43:04 PM »
I knew he was overrated all along, but damn, this was a brutal ending to his sham of a career.

Looks like M-1 couldn't pay off Strikeforce for the victory.

suckmymuscle

Re: I rest my case on Fedor. 0-3 & Losing to a Middleweight
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 01:57:25 AM »
I knew he was overrated all along, but damn, this was a brutal ending to his sham of a career.

Looks like M-1 couldn't pay off Strikeforce for the victory.

You had disappeared for a very long time. So you came back just to take shots at Fedor? Get a life. He might have lost 3 in a row, but he'll never be as big a loser as you. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 04:51:53 AM »
Just because Chuck gets KO's by anyone that breathes on him these days does not mean his legacy wasnt well earned. Fighters wake up 1 day and just dont have it anymore, this has been evident long before mainstream MMA came to fruition.

Fedor should be respected as the best we've seen when primes are compared, but he just doesnt have it anymore. That, my friend, is the simple answer to an otherwise lengthy debate.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 04:59:12 AM »
Fedor.  Really sad.  Wtf is going on?  Props to Henson though. 

SUPREME BEING

• Getbig II
  • Bow down before thy!
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 05:07:05 AM »
Suckmymuscle on suicide watch.

I hate to say it but Dana White for all his shi*te is right a hell of lot.

Fedor had zero game plan and just tries to brawl mindlessly. He was extremely overrated and the management team obviously knew this and that was reason they kept him in shit*ty organisations where he could get some easy wins.

Completely exposed.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 06:21:28 AM »
Suckmymuscle on suicide watch.

I hate to say it but Dana White for all his shi*te is right a hell of lot.

Fedor had zero game plan and just tries to brawl mindlessly. He was extremely overrated and the management team obviously knew this and that was reason they kept him in shit*ty organisations where he could get some easy wins.

Completely exposed.

Dana whites right? get off the nuts bro. It was summed up at the start of the thread.Hes simply past it and doesnt have it anymore.Incase you dont follow sports in general that are physically demanding, thats what always happens to athletes when they get into their mid 30's.It doesnt mean that they were ever over rated  ::)

SUPREME BEING

• Getbig II
  • Bow down before thy!
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 06:52:16 AM »
Dana whites right? get off the nuts bro. It was summed up at the start of the thread.Hes simply past it and doesnt have it anymore.Incase you dont follow sports in general that are physically demanding, thats what always happens to athletes when they get into their mid 30's.It doesnt mean that they were ever over rated  ::)

Haha 34 is too old - freaking hell you guys and your excuses. I forget how old is Hendo??? - haha guy is 40 years old and 20lbs lighter than Fedor. Hendo is a god damn middleweight and Fedor was presumably greatest heavyweight ever lol.

Face it guys, Fedor was a can crusher and has been exposed for what he was. Not saying he was not a good fighter but GOAT - don't make me fuck*ng laugh.

Also, was it not Hendo who got owned by Jake Sheilds who was much smaller.

Too old - hahah Hendo must be in wheelchair by comparison.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 07:07:53 AM »
Haha 34 is too old - freaking hell you guys and your excuses. I forget how old is Hendo??? - haha guy is 40 years old and 20lbs lighter than Fedor. Hendo is a god damn middleweight and Fedor was presumably greatest heavyweight ever lol.

Face it guys, Fedor was a can crusher and has been exposed for what he was. Not saying he was not a good fighter but GOAT - don't make me fuck*ng laugh.

My friend you have provided the very answer yourself. The fact that Fedor has fought most of his life overweight is bound to have a negative effect on him physically, and were not talking muscle but an evident tire of fat.

There is also no science to when a person surpasses their peak otherwise everyone would be in the same boat, you remember it wasnt so long ago that Jake Shields dominated Hendo however he himself would still stand no chance against Fedor and i say that with 100% conviction.

His time has passed, this should be his last fight but if not then he will still go down in the annuls of history as the unequalled greatest fighter MMA has so far seen.

It is a shame that these discussions have to descend into personal attacks when the subjective responses from the very few people that visit here should atleast present a well thought argument. There are evidently people here who only bought into the MMA hype when TUF kicked in, and there are also people here that are knowledgeable fans who have a much deeper interest spanning a much longer period. What we should be doing is bouncing opinions off each other in such a way that the banter will encourage people to come back with enthusiasm. As it is this is a dying board with almost zero interest.

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 07:28:08 AM »

RIP Bob Probert

suckmymuscle

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 11:42:40 AM »
Haha 34 is too old

35(and not 34) is pretty old for a professional athlete, and age is only one of the considerations, the other being time he has been fighting. When you are 35 and you have been fighting for 15 years, then you are very old. It's not only about chronological age, but the wear and tear of being in many fights. If Fedor had started fighting at 28, then he would still be old for a pro MMA fighter but not that old. But since he started at 20, he is very old.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 12:20:57 PM »

35(and not 34) is pretty old for a professional athlete, and age is only one of the considerations, the other being time he has been fighting. When you are 35 and you have been fighting for 15 years, then you are very old. It's not only about chronological age, but the wear and tear of being in many fights. If Fedor had started fighting at 28, then he would still be old for a pro MMA fighter but not that old. But since he started at 20, he is very old.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Hendo has been fighting longer and he is an OLDER and SMALLER fighter.  Your excuses are pathetic. Fedor is the biggest sham that MMA ever seen.  I'm thankful that the GOAT arguments for Fedor are no longer arguable

suckmymuscle

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 02:36:35 PM »
Hendo has been fighting longer and he is an OLDER and SMALLER fighter.  Your excuses are pathetic. Fedor is the biggest sham that MMA ever seen.  I'm thankful that the GOAT arguments for Fedor are no longer arguable

Yeah, but Hendo never went through the wear and tear Fedor went through.

As for the GOAT argument, that is debateable. The fact is that he fought and beat pretty much all the top heavyweights back in PRIDE. So from 2003 to 2006 he was the Worlds greatest heavyweight fighter. This is not up to dispute. Even Dana White said that Fedor back then was "one of the best".

Whether he is the GOAT is debateable, but there is little question that he is the heavyweight GOAT. Who has a better resume amongst heavyweights? Which heavyweight has had more successful title defenses?

IMO, the guy who beat Fedor last night just might be the GOAT. 2 PRIDE belts in different weight classes, 1 UFC belt and a Strikeforce belt. You can't beat that. Another candidate for GOAT is Anderson Silva since he has been udefeated since 2006, has 15 consecutive wins against top competition, cleaned out his division and then moved up to light-heavyweight and beat two top fighters of that division. But Fedor is certainly a strong candidate for GOAT. Losing three in a row means nothing and has no relevance in determining GOAT.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 04:26:22 AM »
Didnt Muhammad Ali lose his last 3, yet no one with a brain argues against him being the GOAT HW boxer.

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 05:30:45 AM »
My friend you have provided the very answer yourself. The fact that Fedor has fought most of his life overweight is bound to have a negative effect on him physically, and were not talking muscle but an evident tire of fat.

Yep, was saying this before the fight. Hendo on the other hand is a gifted, "genetically elite" Olympic athlete. Look at Wanderlei, he peaked about the same time as fedor and now would get ko'd in a custard pie fight.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2011, 01:19:20 PM »

Hold on, i never said 34 was too old.I said in general athletes decline into their mid 30s.It obviously doesnt mean everyone.Dan Henderson might also be a declining fighter, the fact is hes a better fighter based on that match wether theyre both in the decline or not.Calm down son

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2011, 01:34:48 PM »
L0L AT HENDERS0N BEING A MIDDLE WEIGHT. SUCKING 20 LBS 0F WATER 0VER NIGHT D0SEN'T MAKE Y0U A NATURAL MIDDLE WEIGHT. HENDERS0N IS LEANER THAN FED0R AND SUCKS M0RE WEIGHT. 0P Y0U DUMBFUCK.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2011, 01:56:23 PM »
L0L AT HENDERS0N BEING A MIDDLE WEIGHT. SUCKING 20 LBS 0F WATER 0VER NIGHT D0SEN'T MAKE Y0U A NATURAL MIDDLE WEIGHT. HENDERS0N IS LEANER THAN FED0R AND SUCKS M0RE WEIGHT. 0P Y0U DUMBFUCK.

STFU, Assbruise.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2011, 02:58:21 PM »

He brought up the fact that Fedor lost to a "middleweight" as if that mattered. The fact is that Fedor and Hendo were less than 10 lbs apart for this fight: fedor was around 220 lbs and Hendo was 210 lbs or so.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2011, 09:58:58 PM »
  He brought up the fact that Fedor lost to a "middleweight" as if that mattered. The fact is that Fedor and Hendo were less than 10 lbs apart for this fight: fedor was around 220 lbs and Hendo was 210 lbs or so.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Wrong...yet again ::)

Dan weighed 207 after drinking a ton of water to make weight.  Had he been under 205 he would not have been allowed to compete.  After the giant piss he took post weighing, he stepped into the cage at around 205.

Fedor weighed in at 223.  I would not doubt it, if he actually dropped some water weight to not appear as heavy.  Be that as it may, the actual weight difference was 18lbs.

So, when fedor was brutalized by Big Foot, the excuse was that Big Foot was too big.  What's the excuse when he gets KTFO by a past his prime and 18lbs lighter Hendo?
w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2011, 09:59:13 PM »
w

suckmymuscle

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2011, 04:21:43 PM »
Wrong...yet again

Dan weighed 207 after drinking a ton of water to make weight.  Had he been under 205 he would not have been allowed to compete.  After the giant piss he took post weighing, he stepped into the cage at around 205.

Fedor weighed in at 223.  I would not doubt it, if he actually dropped some water weight to not appear as heavy.  Be that as it may, the actual weight difference was 18lbs.

So, when fedor was brutalized by Big Foot, the excuse was that Big Foot was too big.  What's the excuse when he gets KTFO by a past his prime and 18lbs lighter Hendo?

Yeah, except that Hendo was a very lean and muscular 207 lbs whilst Fedor still had love handles and spare tired at 220 lbs. Big diference. They were probably about the same in terms of lean muscle mass.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2011, 05:27:41 PM »
  Yeah, except that Hendo was a very lean and muscular 207 lbs whilst Fedor still had love handles and spare tired at 220 lbs. Big diference. They were probably about the same in terms of lean muscle mass.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

EXACTLY AND ALS0 BIG F00T 0UT WEIGHED FED0R BY AB0UT 60 LBS AND T0 C0MPARE THAT T0 HEND0 AND FED0R IS JUST PLAIN M0R0NIC.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2011, 05:37:35 PM »
Assbruise.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2011, 11:45:35 AM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

lol...you're reaching...it's so sad.  You and the rest of the Fedor ball lickers have claimed that Fedor is not just the greatest heavyweight ever, but also the greatest P4P fighter.  He just KOd by a middleweight!  End of story...lol.
w

suckmymuscle

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2011, 12:14:59 PM »
lol...you're reaching...it's so sad.  You and the rest of the Fedor ball lickers have claimed that Fedor is not just the greatest heavyweight ever, but also the greatest P4P fighter.  He just KOd by a middleweight!  End of story...lol.

Why do you keep saying that he got KOd by a middleweight? What matters is lean body mass and there was no difference in lean body mass between the two of them. Going by your logic, then Akebono should have won all his MMA fights since he was close to 600 lbs which is over twice the bodyweight of the largest heavyweights. So Fedor was 18 lbs heavier than Hendo. Factor in Fedor's spare tires and love handles and Hendo's six pack, and they were roughly the same in lean body mass which is what matters. Hendo actually is leaner than Fedor at 230 lbs!!!!! Brock Lesnar was 40 lbs or so heavier than Velasquez and got TKOd by him, and yet you praised Lesnar as a great heavyweight. What do you have to say about that?

SUCKMYMUSCLE