Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Nutrition, Products & Supplements Info

Valerian Root, 5-HTP, et al.

(1/2) > >>

Bear03:
I started taking some Valerian and 5-HTP with my ZMA at night to help me sleep about a week back. 

Basically, the only thing that happened to me was a 2-day migraine; the only plus of which was that i took so much freakin' advil my leg workout was SICK.   But, that's neither here nor there- has anyone had problems from these supps before?

pac-man:
I would think it is from the 5-htp.  I have read that it is one of the side effects.  I have taken it before but I can't say that it did much.  I didn't get a headace or anything but it didn't make me sleep any better either. 

24KT:

--- Quote from: Bear03 on October 08, 2005, 09:33:46 AM ---I started taking some Valerian and 5-HTP with my ZMA at night to help me sleep about a week back. 

--- End quote ---

Bear,

I've never used 5-HTP or ZMA, but I have used Valerian. I had no problems with it. It helped me drift off to sleep, feeling well refreshed the next day. I experienced no adverse effects from using it. Your headaches could possibly have come from another source.

Hope That Helps,

gammahydroxy:

--- Quote from: Bear03 on October 08, 2005, 09:33:46 AM ---I started taking some Valerian and 5-HTP with my ZMA at night to help me sleep about a week back. 

Basically, the only thing that happened to me was a 2-day migraine; the only plus of which was that i took so much freakin' advil my leg workout was SICK.   But, that's neither here nor there- has anyone had problems from these supps before?

--- End quote ---

sounds like the side effects many get from taking 5-htp.

Bear03:
alright, thanks y'all.  I'm gonna blame the 5-htp.  Neither really helped me that much anyway, so i'm just gonna stick with my ZMA. 

Guess i wasted about 15 bucks....  >:(  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version