Author Topic: MOS should stay  (Read 56989 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
MOS should stay
« on: March 01, 2018, 10:34:33 PM »
While MOS has all the logical reason in the world to leave, I'm even thinking of dropping this place, MOS provides that beacon of morals and an angle of thinking from the believer, and Lord knows this place could use some morals regardless of the origin. We have butted heads and on almost every point disagree, but the discussions are always for the most part respectful and inquiring. While I wouldn't blame him one iota for packing up and leaving.. what place could possibly need him more than a board filled with bigotry  and hatred?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
Re: MOS should stay
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 11:20:50 PM »
Agree
He should stay - I disagree with his beliefs,
He is a good poster - It would be a loss for getbig

Like wise yourself - Jeez we are nearly always at odds
With each other.

Would I like to see you leave NO - You also bring ideas
& views that make us think & you’re intelligent & articulate ( Sometimes  ;D Ha ha )

Hope you both decided to stay.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 01:57:21 PM »
Agree
He should stay - I disagree with his beliefs,
He is a good poster - It would be a loss for getbig

Like wise yourself - Jeez we are nearly always at odds
With each other.

Would I like to see you leave NO - You also bring ideas
& views that make us think & you’re intelligent & articulate ( Sometimes  ;D Ha ha )

Hope you both decided to stay.

you are correct, you and I disagree on many things. We've managed to work into a place where we can argue without being jerks about it. Thats something I don't mind at all

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 01:17:46 PM »
What's up with MOS?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 01:29:15 PM »
you are correct, you and I disagree on many things. We've managed to work into a place where we can argue without being jerks about it. Thats something I don't mind at all

Thanks

For all our “Differences” I believe your a Good Person
And enjoy reading your views & posts ( sometimes  ;D )

I like the fact you seldom resort to childish name calling.

Though you have Me on previous occasions.  :'( Ha Ha

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 01:43:23 PM »
MOS?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 06:14:33 PM »
Thanks

For all our “Differences” I believe your a Good Person
And enjoy reading your views & posts ( sometimes  ;D )

I like the fact you seldom resort to childish name calling.

Though you have Me on previous occasions.  :'( Ha Ha

I do slide sometimes

Grinch, MOS is thinking of, maybe already has, left Getbig

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 09:28:19 PM »
Maybe he's just busy for a little while, and he'll come back.  He knows we love him on GB.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 09:45:03 PM »
Maybe he's just busy for a little while, and he'll come back.  He knows we love him on GB.

that would be nice

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 04:26:03 PM »
The best is when MOS said that he and his wife had a discussion about him leaving or staying on getbig haha lol
X

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2018, 06:31:48 PM »
The best is when MOS said that he and his wife had a discussion about him leaving or staying on getbig haha lol

In his defense... (this hurts a little) MOS took or takes his job here serious. He feels he has been called to spread the word and in his mind he believes he is doing good work for the Lord. He probably has a close relationship with his wife, and shared some of his exchanges here with her. Being an observer, she might have felt and rightly so, that he was spinning his wheels and the benefit wasn't outweighing the cost. 99% of the posters here don't mention a word of this forum to anyone at anytime outside of the forum, but apparently he felt and I'm not trying to make fun of him, he felt he was making headway for a good cause and would talk about it with his wife.   

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2018, 07:48:08 AM »
In his defense... (this hurts a little) MOS took or takes his job here serious. He feels he has been called to spread the word and in his mind he believes he is doing good work for the Lord. He probably has a close relationship with his wife, and shared some of his exchanges here with her. Being an observer, she might have felt and rightly so, that he was spinning his wheels and the benefit wasn't outweighing the cost. 99% of the posters here don't mention a word of this forum to anyone at anytime outside of the forum, but apparently he felt and I'm not trying to make fun of him, he felt he was making headway for a good cause and would talk about it with his wife.   

Agnostic007, you're alright.  I've always thought so, even if we disagree on religion and politics...and probably on sports too.   ;D

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2018, 11:00:23 AM »

Agnostic007, you're alright.  I've always thought so, even if we disagree on religion and politics...and probably on sports too.   ;D
and likely music and what good movies are... You're ok too

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2018, 01:59:45 AM »
Maybe she didn't like how it affected MOS.  IMO, if a female believes you (as her spouse, mate, whatever) are being negatively drawn into something without clear benefit, then she's going to want to put a stop to it.  She doesn't want you to be destroyed, under any circumstances, much less by your own energy.

I'll say this, though: MOS has made me stop and trip hard in my mind more than once.  I love it when that happens and IME life doesn't provide nearly enough of those moments.  It'll only get worse as communication is reduced to very short one-way (usually meaningless) exclamations, in an "I like!" and "I don't like!" stupefaction.

We're becoming dumb, man.  Tragically stupid, and not by our own inclination.

But give MOS time to work it out.  If he's meant to come back for more rounds, then it'll happen.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2018, 08:43:07 PM »
Maybe she didn't like how it affected MOS.  IMO, if a female believes you (as her spouse, mate, whatever) are being negatively drawn into something without clear benefit, then she's going to want to put a stop to it.  She doesn't want you to be destroyed, under any circumstances, much less by your own energy.

I'll say this, though: MOS has made me stop and trip hard in my mind more than once.  I love it when that happens and IME life doesn't provide nearly enough of those moments.  It'll only get worse as communication is reduced to very short one-way (usually meaningless) exclamations, in an "I like!" and "I don't like!" stupefaction.

We're becoming dumb, man.  Tragically stupid, and not by our own inclination.

But give MOS time to work it out.  If he's meant to come back for more rounds, then it'll happen.

:)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2018, 03:41:29 PM »
:)

The nature of internet message boards means that it's gonna remain unclear, at least somewhat, as to actual consequences with a true measure of connection to what's been said.  That's what I meant.  It goes for all of us, so it follows to say that MOS (being quite sincere, as he is) may gauge himself more than those who don't invest much in their thoughts.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2018, 04:15:25 PM »
The nature of internet message boards means that it's gonna remain unclear, at least somewhat, as to actual consequences and true measure of connection to what's been said.  That's what I meant.  It goes for all of us, so it follows to say that MOS (being quite sincere, as he is) may gauge himself more than those who don't invest much in their thoughts.

The smiley face was unclear, there is no "like" button, I liked what you said in your post

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2018, 07:20:17 PM »
The smiley face was unclear, there is no "like" button, I liked what you said in your post

Just wanted to clear it up, because rereading that it looked a little snarky.  Definitely not as it seems.  He's a gentleman, doing what we'd expect him to do: keeping peace in his castle.

MOS is our boy on GB and we wish him well.  Guaranteed everyone here respects him, while the rest of us probably can't claim for ourselves.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2018, 09:52:11 PM »
Just wanted to clear it up, because rereading that it looked a little snarky.  Definitely not as it seems.  He's a gentleman, doing what we'd expect him to do: keeping peace in his castle.

MOS is our boy on GB and we wish him well.  Guaranteed everyone here respects him, while the rest of us probably can't claim for ourselves.

I completely  respect him.  I just dont agree with him

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2018, 10:51:34 PM »
I completely  respect him.  I just dont agree with him

You two were usually very respectful in your discussions, yeah.  Meaning you each did your part in that for one another.  Right there, it shows very strong agreement on one of the most important things in life.

But if you could imagine yourself in his shoes, so to speak, based upon what you know about him from what he's said: At which point in his experience would you say he went in a way you find disagreeable?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2018, 11:16:56 PM »
You two were usually very respectful in your discussions, yeah.  Meaning you each did your part in that for one another.  Right there, it shows very strong agreement on one of the most important things in life.

But if you could imagine yourself in his shoes, so to speak, based upon what you know about him from what he's said: At which point in his experience would you say he went in a way you find disagreeable?

What I meant is, I like him, he seems like a good guy, puts a lot of thought in responses that deserve some thought. He can debate a point without immediately turning it into an exchange of insults and name calling. So in that regard, I found nothing much disagreeable. What I mean by disagreeing with him is his religious belief. We probably agree on a great many things, just not that and that's ok

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2018, 11:40:22 PM »
What I meant is, I like him, he seems like a good guy, puts a lot of thought in responses that deserve some thought. He can debate a point without immediately turning it into an exchange of insults and name calling. So in that regard, I found nothing much disagreeable. What I mean by disagreeing with him is his religious belief. We probably agree on a great many things, just not that and that's ok

That's what I meant, too.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2018, 11:57:14 PM »
Ag, referring to his experience which caused him to become the person he is, and how it came about, that is.  To the point you'd find a clear split in agreeability comes into existence for you -- again, based on the things he's said regarding that time.

Btw, not trying to troll you, as I'm sure you know.  I'm genuinely interested, simply to get a better idea of the world.  Zero preconceived ideas are involved in this, for me.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2018, 12:12:38 AM »
Ag, referring to his experience which caused him to become the person he is, and how it came about, that is.  To the point you'd find a clear split in agreeability comes into existence for you -- again, based on the things he's said regarding that time.

Btw, not trying to troll you, as I'm sure you know.  I'm genuinely interested, simply to get a better idea of the world.  Zero preconceived ideas are involved in this, for me.

To be honest, my memory is very vague about his life story. I remember one time reading he had a near death experience and after that found god, but I could be wrong on that.   

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2018, 06:27:30 AM »
To be honest, my memory is very vague about his life story. I remember one time reading he had a near death experience and after that found god, but I could be wrong on that.  

Is that possibly because you'd already dismissed it, even before knowing it?  Not through lack of respect for MOS, but more through disbelief of the idea as a whole.