Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Religious Debates & Threads

Can you see God

<< < (2/6) > >>

parm:

--- Quote from: IroNat on December 24, 2019, 03:18:36 AM ---Never seen or heard from him/her.

I've talked to him but he never talked back.

About the same as talking to a rock, except you can see the rock and touch it.

--- End quote ---

Depends how badly you want him to talk back i guess as its certainly possible.

IroNat:

--- Quote from: parm on December 24, 2019, 09:58:45 AM ---Depends how badly you want him to talk back i guess as its certainly possible.

--- End quote ---

Just wish really hard, bro.

If you don't get results then wish harder.

If you still don't get results then you are damned.

Too bad for you.

Try a different god.  Maybe you'll have better luck.  Vishnu, Thor, Jupiter, Baal, Tom Cruise, Magic 8-Ball, the Muslim god, the Jewish god, one of those Hindu gods with the elephant's head, etc.

Primemuscle:
I wouldn't recogize God if I saw God. What does God look like? Anybody know?

TheGrinch:

--- Quote from: Primemuscle on December 24, 2019, 08:23:16 PM ---I wouldn't recogize God if I saw God. What does God look like? Anybody know?

--- End quote ---

He's the bright white light everyone talks about when they die...

You die and meet God... then its decided by your own guilt or lack thereof where you end up...

Don't have to believe me now... just mark the day/time I said it and realize I was right when it eventually happens.

Primemuscle:

--- Quote from: TheGrinch on December 24, 2019, 09:00:50 PM ---He's the bright white light everyone talks about when they die...

You die and meet God... then its decided by your own guilt or lack thereof where you end up...

Don't have to believe me now... just mark the day/time I said it and realize I was right when it eventually happens.

--- End quote ---

The Bible says you can't see God and the Bible says you will. So, which is it?

Let’s put the texts he refers to and a few others in front of us and then see if we can answer the question.

1 Timothy 6:15–17, “He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has ever seen or can see. To him be honor and eternal dominion.”

1 Timothy 1:17, “To the King of the ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory.”

1 John 4:12, “No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us.”

Exodus 33:20, “He [God] said, “you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live.’”

Deuteronomy 4:12, “Then the Lord spoke to you out of the midst of the fire. You heard the sound of words, but saw no form; there was only a voice.”

That is one side. You can’t see him.

Now, here is the other side:

Matthew 5:8, “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.”

Genesis 32:30, “Jacob called the name of the place Peniel, saying, ‘For I have seen God face to face, and yet my life has been delivered [or spared].’”

Job 19:26–27, “And after my skin has been thus destroyed, yet in my flesh I shall see God, whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not another.”

As for the bright white light, here is what one person says about it. Sooo clinical.

Geelong-based neurologist Dr Cameron Shaw dissected the brain of a woman donated to Deakin University, in an attempt to find out what she went through leading up to her death.

He said that the last 30 seconds of life can be divided up into 10-second intervals that help inform what would most likely be taking place inside the human brain.

WE LOSE OUR SENSE OF SELF

First, because the brain’s blood supply comes from underneath, the brain “tends to die from the top down, claiming our most human characteristics first,” Dr Cameron said.

“Our sense of self, our sense of humour, our ability to think ahead — that stuff all goes within the first 10 to 20 seconds. Then, as the wave of blood-starved brain cells spread out, our memories and language centres short out, until we’re left with just a core.”

He said there is likely a light at the end of the tunnel, but that the “out of body experience” is not real.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version