Author Topic: Blood work knowledge & HCG's effect on HPTA  (Read 138531 times)

4thAD

Re: HCG and its effect on your HPTA
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2008, 10:27:58 AM »
If your test dose is too high you will need the HCG. If your test dose is where it should be, theoretically you should not need the HCG while on replacement only. The only way to find out is through blood work, and consulting with your Doc.

bigdarksnake

• Getbig II
Re: Blood work knowledge
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2008, 11:16:41 AM »
What other tests should I ask for besides these? Are these all necessary also?:

Testosterone
Free testosterone
IGF-1 Estradiol
DHEA/DHEA-s
Full thyroid panel
Total cholesterol
LDL
HDL
Triglycerides
C-reactive protein
Homocysteine

4thAD

Re: Blood work knowledge
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2008, 11:33:47 AM »
    * Testosterone profile (includes Free and Total Testosterone)
    * Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA)
    * DHEA (adrenal function)
    * TSH, T3, T4 (thyroid function)
    * IGF-1 (growth hormone function)
    * Insulin (the hormone of storage)
    * Cortisol (the stress hormone)
    * Estradiol (to make sure it is not too elevated)
    * Complete Metabolic Panel (electrolytes, renal and liver function)
    * CBC (complete blood count with indices)
    * Lipid Panel (cardiac risk)

Mr. Jingles

• Getbig II
  • Success is measured by the size of your BALLS!!!
Re: HCG and its effect on your HPTA
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2008, 06:18:58 AM »
 :'(

I was on a long cycle and when I came down my PC therapy didn't cut it. I believe I didn't use enough HCG. After a few months of hoping to clean myself up, in preperation of my next cycle I found myself losing everything. MY sex drive was shot and I was lossing muscle like crazy, putting on bodyfat and feeling very tired. I went to the doctor's for blood work, my test levels were scary low. I was then sent to my urologist. Who did more blood work to discover my LH was virually non existent. He told me he'd put me on HCG again hoping to up start my system.
I was with him last Tuesday and asked if I could self administer ofcourse he told me no because it's an IM shot. He then said he would check the proper and most current protocol and get back to me with an appointment which was to be in 2 days and I haven't heard from him. Is he expecting me to take care of business and if so what would be the best protocol. Fellas I'm seriously freaking out, I want to get my body normal so I can get ready for spring?

matrixgh

• Getbig II
Re: Blood work knowledge & HCG's effect on HPTA
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2011, 10:48:35 AM »
Last time I did blood work and my SGPT lever was way to high 105, my doc was in shock, and I have not use any aas orals before i did a blood work only injections. Does anyone here have elevated SGPT lever too?

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
bloodwork when on steroids
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2011, 02:10:59 PM »
Good idea if we compiled a small list of what you ought to get checked and in order of priority...

Sort of like this:

Cholesterol
kidney numbers
liver numbers (important on oxy)
glucose tolerance (important on GH)

etc...so next to the test you can add which tests are more important on which drugs.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2015, 07:26:52 PM »
Good read. Now I'm the idiot who has blood drawn and should have read this first before going to the clinic lol!

I was asking the doc lot's of questions and she was kinda not wanting to check everything off, but will get news from what was checked nontheless. I guess if the news is bad, they will want more tests done and I will have more info to go from.

Still, I should have gone there armed with more info...
?

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2015, 10:53:57 AM »
Good read. Now I'm the idiot who has blood drawn and should have read this first before going to the clinic lol!

I was asking the doc lot's of questions and she was kinda not wanting to check everything off, but will get news from what was checked nontheless. I guess if the news is bad, they will want more tests done and I will have more info to go from.

Still, I should have gone there armed with more info...

I've learned that Doctors like to have educated patients.  My Doctor doesn't mind answering educated questions and likes when i ask questions about my results.  When bad results come back, it's easier to have an educated discussion over the plan of action if you understand the basics.

8)

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2015, 11:44:17 AM »
I've learned that Doctors like to have educated patients.  My Doctor doesn't mind answering educated questions and likes when i ask questions about my results.  When bad results come back, it's easier to have an educated discussion over the plan of action if you understand the basics.

8)

Indeed, she looked at me for the explanations as to why my liver enzymes were at 85 (normal for guys who train and eat the way we do but high on the test...) my only off reading was that.

She also assumed I knew the proper/ideal ranges as she was giving me the numbers, because I do really appear (hate to say this) smarter than I am, lol...
?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2015, 10:56:12 PM »
When I have complete blood work once a year as part of my annual physical it is very comprehensive. I have additional blood work done two more times a year. One which is requested by my urologist and the other by my primary care doctor. If I want all the gory details, I just ask and they will explain it. Essentially, they and I am looking for everything to be in the normal range or at least close to it. I don't feel like I need a doctorate to understand the blood tests.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2016, 01:48:46 PM »
I'm having complete blood work done on March 18. Yesterday was my last test cyp shot before I have the blood draw. I'm also going to stay off HCG until then. Hopefully, I've allowed enough time for test levels to get back to normal. I'm not worried about the other blood work because my primary care doctor reviews this each year and it has been in the normal range. There was one time my urologist expressed some alarm because my test levels were around 1000. I'm hoping they will come in around 4 to 5 hundred this time. Don't want the doctor cutting me off.

If an 18 year old can have test levels at 1000, why is this viewed as a problem when one is 70 or so years old?

kretchmer

• Getbig I
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2017, 12:19:29 PM »
HCG and clomid do not work. After coming off steroids, it will take a year or more for test levels to return to the normal range. Or more important here, in my case that was over 4 years. I saw an endocrinologist and asked him about hcg and clomid, which I had been using for a number of years at the time. useless really.

If you don't want low test levels then don't take steroids in the first place. you will lose all gains and 'HRT' is not something to take lightly as test is correlated with colon cancer. Being 50 and on 'hrt', ie legal low dose roids, so you can have a bit of muscle is patheti
I took anabolics for about 6 years. Test, oxymetholone, nandrolone, various esters of test, clomid, hcg, anavar... couple others I forget.... if I could go back I would not have touched a single steroid, nor wasted money on supplements (those dont work all a scam)
steroids work. scientific fact. they increase protein synthesis. and supplements are garbage. best supplement is food, check out the meat aisle and then pick up a bag of rice and some carrots (or some other vegetable) and eat a lot and lift heavy weights 3 times a week. beyond that don't bother it is all lies, a waste of money, and harmful. wish I knew all this back in 1985 would have saved thousands and been a lot happier. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2017, 03:53:19 PM »
HCG and clomid do not work. After coming off steroids, it will take a year or more for test levels to return to the normal range. Or more important here, in my case that was over 4 years. I saw an endocrinologist and asked him about hcg and clomid, which I had been using for a number of years at the time. useless really.

If you don't want low test levels then don't take steroids in the first place. you will lose all gains and 'HRT' is not something to take lightly as test is correlated with colon cancer. Being 50 and on 'hrt', ie legal low dose roids, so you can have a bit of muscle is patheti
I took anabolics for about 6 years. Test, oxymetholone, nandrolone, various esters of test, clomid, hcg, anavar... couple others I forget.... if I could go back I would not have touched a single steroid, nor wasted money on supplements (those dont work all a scam)
steroids work. scientific fact. they increase protein synthesis. and supplements are garbage. best supplement is food, check out the meat aisle and then pick up a bag of rice and some carrots (or some other vegetable) and eat a lot and lift heavy weights 3 times a week. beyond that don't bother it is all lies, a waste of money, and harmful. wish I knew all this back in 1985 would have saved thousands and been a lot happier. 

My urologist prescribes testosterone because I have hypogonadism. This problem began when I was in puberty and got the mumps. When I wrote normal, I meant within the normal range for me while on TRT and not the normal range in a broader sense.  Without TRT, my "norm" is very low. Testosterone levels vary for day to day and from hour to hour. Since being on TRT mine have ranged from 300 to 1,000.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2017, 05:28:04 PM »

Hit the road, fuckface.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2020, 10:30:44 PM »

It’s 2020 & you’re still unhappy ??  🙄  FFS 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣