Author Topic: New York Pro Figure / Team Universe Updates  (Read 10767 times)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
New York Pro Figure / Team Universe Updates
« on: July 13, 2007, 10:27:48 PM »
Complete coverage on the bodybuilding.com bodyspace site at:
http://blog.bodybuilding.com/ProAmContests

Photo coverage of the figure posted at:
http://contest.bodybuilding.com/galleries/contestgallery.php?competitionid=2332&typeid=1&eventid=3&divisionid=18

I will be blogging again tomorrow for the NPC figure and tomorrow night for the finals as well. NPC Fitness Routines are being posted now and the rest of the ladies will be up tomorrow after prejudging.

Elevate Your Image.™

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
Re: New York Pro Figure / Team Universe Updates
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 11:00:21 PM »
Elevate Your Image.™

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 10:01:23 AM »
Wow how do you really feel? What should be the top five in your opinion Ms. Bitter Figure 1?
Elevate Your Image.™

figure 1

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 10:15:47 AM »
I know 2nd and 3rd place shouldnt be there.

figure 1

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 10:21:47 AM »
Its not being bitter - its the truth. What have I said thats not true. The girl works the front desk at Steves gym, he trains her.

Dont you think that might have helped get her the top spot. You know better than that Isaac! And Shannon you know the deal. Anyway Ziville did look very good but maybe around 3rd or so.

sbfreak

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 10:24:59 AM »
does anyone have any pics from A class figure pre judging?

jennifer1

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • www.teamworksfigurebikini.com
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 11:04:47 AM »
Its not being bitter its the truth.What has been said thats not true.The girl works the front desk at Steves gym,he trains her. Dont you think that might have helped get the top spot.You know better than that Isaac.And Shannon you know the deal.Anyway Ziville did look very good but maybe around 3rd or so.

Actually, Zivile doesn't work the front desk anymore, and hasn't for a little while, and no, Steve doesn't train her.  I was there and thought that she looked fantastic, and deserved the placing.  To each his/her own though!  Everyone will have a different opinion from time to time, especially with such a subjective judging criteria.  As I stated before, I also agree that some of the callouts were strange, and they were even a little stranger today at the amateur show... subjectivity is a b!^(#!! 

Who did you like?

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 11:24:53 AM »
Its not being bitter its the truth.What has been said thats not true.The girl works the front desk at Steves gym,he trains her. Dont you think that might have helped get the top spot.You know better than that Isaac.And Shannon you know the deal.Anyway Ziville did look very good but maybe around 3rd or so.
Are you sure? Cause it sounds like you are bitter and yet to say who your top five would be...

Prejudging still going on for npc but my money is on huong for the a class.

Nicole will most likely be a pro in fitness and figure. Beautiful girl.
Elevate Your Image.™

figure 1

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2007, 11:32:22 AM »
I think Jessica Paxon,Jelena Abbou,and Jeanette Freed,followed by Ziville.Jennifer didnt you work at the front desk in the gym last year. That explains your questionable 2nd last year I had you around 4th or 5th.You being a judge is better anyway at least you will make a few bucks. Take care.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2007, 11:51:18 AM »
Jelena is beautiful and a great upper body but lower body isn't in the same league. jessica is beautiful as well but was lacking from the back poses this show. Jeanette I agree could have been higher. :)
Elevate Your Image.™

figure 1

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2007, 11:58:41 AM »
I thought your legs were too big.

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2007, 01:27:13 PM »
I can only go by the pictures, but I agree with what Isaac has to say regarding Zivile. I love Jelenas look, and I think she hads gorgeous shape but her legs (quads, hams and glutes) need to come in way tighter.. When she has that down she will be a major threat.  The same with Jessica... another very pretty girl, but the lower half needs more work.
Jennifer is another one to look for... she looks very good

jennifer1

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2007, 02:03:29 PM »
I thought your legs were too big.
Thanks very much for your input, I truly appreciate the feedback!  If only I were still competing.  Figure 1, I wasn't making any attempts to talk back at you, therefore, I'm a bit confused about the unsolicited advice, albeit much appreciated.  I was simply stating what I thought about Zivile, and was asking what you thought about the show out of curiosity.  I apologize if I offended you.  Just was wondering what you thought... oh, i know what you thought.  My legs were too big.  Thanks again! ;)

jennifer1

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2007, 02:06:25 PM »
I think Jessica Paxon,Jelena Abbou,and Jeanette Freed,followed by Ziville.Jennifer didnt you work at the front desk in the gym last year. That explains your questionable 2nd last year I had you around 4th or 5th.You being a judge is better anyway at least you will make a few bucks. Take care.
OOPS!  I just read this post after the last one... I missed it the first time around.  Yes, I did work the desk, and maybe it did have something to do with my placing.  I agree with you, that i was no where near ready for the show.  You placing me at 4th or 5th is actually nice.  I was surprised to be in the top 5 at all... I was out of condition!  I got the placing that was given to me, be it a gift or not.  Maybe I should've given it back.  OR better yet, sold it for a few more bucks.  Still confused about your slammin' me Figure 1....

Chamorrita

• Getbig III
  • Mens sana in corpore sano.
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2007, 02:37:26 PM »
Someone's being a little bit bitchy.

figure 1

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2007, 02:48:16 PM »
Maybe now Jennifer 1 that you are a judge you can make a difference. You mentioned that you were out of condition,and the placing could have been a gift. All the competitors work equally as hard and its a shame that the judging is not fair  all time. You know the cost between suits, travel, nails, hair.So do your best to clean it up.So everyone has a fair chance.People travel from overseas to get jerked around. Enough is enough in this circus.

jennifer1

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2007, 03:22:56 PM »
Please, Jennifer is fine.  And I, again, agree wholeheartedly with you on this!  It ISN'T fair what goes on sometimes.  I became a judge primarily to be able to remain in the sport, but also to have my opinion make a difference.  Believe me.  I was a little uncomfortable about my placing in NY last year.  Unfortunately, I am only one score on a panel of many, therefore, I don't have final say as to what the overall outcome is.  I can only hand in my score and argue my point.  After that it is out of my hands, so-to-speak.  What every competitor has to realize is that this is A SUBJECTIVE SPORT and subjectivity is game to many pitfalls and unfairness.  Do I hope to make a difference?  Of course!  Can I single-handedly change the way things are done and the protocol of the judging?  Doubtful.  It is what it is, like it or not, unfortunately.  We choose to do this, therefore, we must also be strong enough to handle the outcomes, fair or unfair.  When it becomes too much, or too unfair, then we stop.   

figure 1

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2007, 03:38:36 PM »
I dont really think being a professional turner is a sport.No one said you yourself could make a difference.But since you are so involved you can take the 1st step.Im sure between you and Scotti you could be the beginning.Unfortunately alot of these girl have no idea what they are getting themselves into.Before you know it they are talked into taking the juice their faces change and they spent alot of $$$$$$,only to take off their clothes for a free photoshoot. Let me stand corrected not all the women competitors do that stuff.Sorry if I offended any of the women. It is what it is.

jennifer1

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2007, 04:36:02 PM »
I try and do my part by coaching other girls to get up there on stage, and try to make a go of it in the sport.  I teach them everything form their diet, to their training, to posing, hair, makeup, etc.  I also give guidance as to what are good choices to make, and what are poor ones in regard to photoshoots, etc.  I wish I had someone telling me a few things when I was starting out!  As most people I'm sure are aware, I made some poor choices when I started out too, and would change a few things.  If only I had a me when I was a newbie!

figure 1

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2007, 04:50:39 PM »
I think some of those photos on your site might have been the poor choices you are speaking about. :D

jennifer1

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2007, 05:00:34 PM »
Thanks for being a Dear and pointing that out!  Yes.

buffalo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2007, 05:00:42 PM »
any updates on the amateur figure?  instead of listening to the usual sourgrapes regarding unfair judging...blah blah... ::) which then leads to ridiculous digs & negative comments against pros on this board for no reason

lets get some actual updates!

Conor

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2007, 05:18:39 PM »
Hah you've gotta fix your PS action for horizontal photos, Isaac!  ;)

I wish the IFBB and NPC would get together and have an "instant pro" award where one of the NPC girls (overall winner) could automatically compete as a pro — right there, right now. Cause I think alot of them could hold their own against the pros on this night.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2007, 08:39:23 PM »
dude i know i saw that my bad. Props to nicole wilkins on turning pro in both fitness and figure overall titles
Elevate Your Image.™

Conor

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2007, 09:08:08 PM »
Has that ever happened before, a competitor winning the overall in both fitness and figure at a pro qualifier? I know Jessica Booth won her pro card, but not the overall, in both back in 2005. As an industry historian, these are facts I must search out.