Author Topic: Figure Olympia Gripe Thread  (Read 7221 times)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Re: Figure Olympia Gripe Thread
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2007, 07:45:33 PM »
Ok then, I ask again: 

If Jenny Lynn is 1, then why isn't Mary Lado 2? 

Please explain.  Thanks in advance.
Did you watch prejudging? If you had you would've seen the answer.
 ;D
Elevate Your Image.™

cray2005

• Getbig II
  • FitGems Founder
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2007, 08:55:30 PM »
Here's what I thought about the Figure O (this was posted in a different board):

Both Gina and Amanda carried a lot of muscle at the O, which was very good. Their placements were well deserved, although Gina could have won the title without a problem. I'm suprised that Amanda was able to places the way she did with her (to me) impressive delt and lower-ab vascularity.

Jennifer was like Christine P-P, the minute I saw her pics, BOOM! Instant fan. Her look at the O was pretty good, but I didn't expect her to get that high of a debut. First callouts and getting fourth place?!?! Say what you want, but you can't get made at a rookie for giving it the old college try. 

I'll admit, there was one person in particular that was kinda outta place in the top six...and that was Sonia Adcock. At the Arnold, I went, "Who the hell was that?" At the O, I went "Huh? She got thrid?" Actually on there, I was expecting Gina or V-Dub or Mo.

When Amber was announced sixth place, I scratched my head, as she was runner-up last year. That moment, I said things were gonna get interesting this year...

I like Jenny Lynn...a lot. But I have to admit, she...got....LUCKY! Her physique was good, but it wasn't as impressive as last year to me. However, Jenny had to have really screwed up to lost her title, and she didn't do that. She won't be so lucky next year, bet on it!

Like many others, I was saddened and pissed that Monica Brant was out of the top six as well as Valerie. I'm not gonna cry like a wuss due to that. Val will get her chance to shine one day. I'd wish Mo would get her chance as well.

There ya go...my take on it. As always, you can bash me now...

rzzsl

• Getbig I
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2007, 09:08:28 PM »
Well if you look at Gina Allioti's web site you see her in a picture with  Sonia Adcock.Its not hard to figure out why she got 3rd. Just look at their Manager

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2007, 09:14:55 PM »
Well if you look at Gina Allioti's web site you see her in a picture with  Sonia Adcock.Its not hard to figure out why she got 3rd. Just look at their Manager
Ah welcome back assclown. This coming from the guy who said he saw Mary Lado and to watch out for her to win it all.  ::)
Elevate Your Image.™

Scooby

• Getbig II
  • Can you dig it?
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2007, 08:48:13 AM »
Personally I have to say I was impressed with the placings... This was probably the hardest Olympia for the judges, and not just in Figure but in Fitness and Men's as well.  There are definitely new threats in all of these categories and the champs have to step it up a notch, or the Val's, Gina's, Kim's & Victor's will knock them off their thrones.

Sure everyone is always going to bitch and moan about why this person or that person didn't place higher, or that this person got a gift.  However, this may be the first year on GetBig that the bitching and whining isn't out of control... basically after reading it all, everyone is fairly happy with placings and only flip-flopping a placing here or there it their rants.  Of course there will always be the "assclown" that brings up management or supplement company affiliation but this truly is the first year that seems to be at a minimum (sorry for stealing your word Isaac).

Mary - was off
Gina - needs a little more maturity (very real threat though)
Val - needs consistency
Jenn - very impressive (definitely fills CPP's vacant slot)

Adela - true champion
Kim - needs to be fuller like the Arnold

Jay - softer on Friday but much improved Saturday which the scores reflect
Victor - a very serious threat
*NOTE* Very tough for anyone to hold peak conditioning over 2 days

Ozgrrl

• Getbig II
  • Umm...Im short and single
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2007, 09:57:09 AM »
Lower body - especially from lower thigh downwards. She is just not in the same league when it comes to Jenny Lynns structure.

Regarding the above statement, do you any front/back pics of Jenny and Gina?  I'd love to look at some comparisons.  I'm not saying I disagree, but I'd like to see what you're referring to. 

Legs and calves especially  ...Gina has a slightly  'heavier'  look [not bashing just commenting!] case in point:

tommyguns

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2007, 10:16:32 AM »
I agree with your point when looking at the photos of calves.  Gina appears to have thicker ankles which reduce the taper on the calves.  Having said that Gina has got her in quads IMO.  Amanda looked amazing as well.

I like a definition in the shoulders in the top 5 competitors, my only gripe was that the judges at the Arnold told the girls to tone it down and look softer, and IMO they reverted back to a previous standard.  IMO, let's keep this standard and have the girls come in ripped at all the contests, including the Arnold.

Malibu Barbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2007, 08:03:03 PM »
Can someone put up a photo to compare the top three in figure competitors as far as legs and calves. Where does Sonya weigh in on this one? :-X

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2007, 09:39:23 AM »
Figure placings=All bullshit politics.
!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2007, 11:59:11 AM »

My top 3, in no particular order:

Gina Aliotti
Amanda Savell
Jennifer Gates

The gauntlet has been thrown down. 

jennifer1

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • www.teamworksfigurebikini.com
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2007, 03:47:09 PM »
no V-Dubs Tre?? :o

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2007, 09:40:42 PM »
Is Mary still working with Chad for her contest prep?